Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

COVID-19 has hit and Australia is in panic mode. The Commonwealth and the States can't agree on the best way forward. Tonight, the who's who of the Political Spectrum are meeting in Canberra, social distancing be damned, to try and come up with a plan as to how best respond to this unexpected threat for the sake of Australia and it's people.

As Politicians, Public officials and other noteworthy individuals begin to arrive, it is noted that more people seem to be in attendance than was originally expected. Shrugged off quickly by the organisers, they hurriedly rush to grab more chairs to accommodate the extras. The rest of the night seems to be going well. Heated, but no more seating gaffes. Except for Troy Buswell.

Welcome to the Hastily thrown together National Council COVID-19 Boogaloo Auspol Only Mafia

This is a closed set-up game for 18 people. It is a power role game. Everyone gets a role! I can't confirm it'll be super balanced, but it shouldn't be terrible.

I stole most of these rules from Kloaked00's recent Mafia thread.

:siren:RULES:siren:

1. I am your mod, hambeet. If you're ever unsure about a game mechanic or a rule, ask me.
2. The game will be coordinated using Discord. I will use this for giving out roles and will be used any out of thread communications that may occur.
3. The town win condition is: You win when all anti-Town forces are eliminated.
4. Roles have flavour, but flavour is not indicative of a players alignment. It's just for fun.
5. Please do not lurk. We understand that Life Happens sometimes, or in general you just might not feel up to it once the game has begun. That is fine! Please contact us and we will sort it out one way or another, but we promise we will not be upset. Podima's Anti-Lurking Rules v3.3 will be in effect for this game. Don't sign up if you're going to skim the edges of these rules, please - 10 posts should mean 10 substantial posts, not 10 content-less doo-doo posts. I, hambeet, will be harsh on this. I hate lurkers.
6. Lynch is by Majority
7. You are forbidden from quoting any private communications with the moderators, from talking to any player (living or dead) outside the thread unless your role says you may.
8. Twilight Posting is allowed after hammer for the remaining living players. You may continue to post until the day-ending Mod posts begins.
9. No editing of any kind is allowed. This includes ninja edits to fix spelling, grammar, formatting, etc. If you need to, just make a mafia edit by quoting your post and fixing what you need. If you are caught making any edits, you will be modkilled without warning.
10. Join the discord for this thread. Roles will be given here and such. :itwaspoo: AUSPOL MAFIA DISCORD :itwaspoo:
11. No PM comparing shenanigans (format, capital letters, etc.)
12. Remember this game is about having fun so don’t go out of your way to be a jerk to people. This should be fun!

Player List
1. TOMMU!
2. ANIDAV!
3. LID!
4. GRIDLOCKED!
5. IAJANUS!
6. JBP!
7. NPR JOURNALIZARD!
8. MYSTICALMACHINEGUN!
9. MALCOLM TURNBEUG!
10. ASPHYXIOUS!
11. THE BEFORE TIMES!
12. BIFAUXNEN!
13. MR. HUMALONG!
14. SHALASHASKA HAWKE!
15. VOTE1!
16. INTOLEUNE!
17. REVOLVER ANIDAV!
18. HAL INCANDENZA! (non auspol, but whatevs is a cool dude)

Remember if you sign up in thread to this game you must also join the DISCORD

:itwaspoo: AUSPOL MAFIA DISCORD :itwaspoo:

hambeet fucked around with this message at 13:08 on May 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Player list (since when did Votefinder have pronouns?)

1. Anidav
  2. Asphyxious
  3. Bifauxnen (she/her but I don't care if you gently caress it up )
  4. Gridlocked
  5. Hal Incandenza (he/him/hal)
  6. iajanus
  7. Intoluene
  8. JBP
  9. Lid
  10. Malcolm Turnbeug
  11. Mr. Humalong (w/e)
  12. MysticalMachineGun
  13. NPR Journalizard
  14. Revolver Anidav
  15. SHALASHASKA HAWKE
  16. The Before Times
  17. Tommu
  18. VOTE1

hambeet fucked around with this message at 13:07 on May 13, 2020

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

O vanity of Sleep, Hope, Dream, endless Desire,
The Horses of Disaster plunge in the heavy clay
Let me in

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I am the original player.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I exist.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Sign me up beet.

Vote JBP for Town every time.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 11:56 on May 5, 2020

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hi can I replace in if an auspol flakes out (a given) if I promise to stay up at weird hours and and work on my didgeridoo skills

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hi can I replace in if an auspol flakes out (a given) if I promise to stay up at weird hours and and work on my didgeridoo skills

Australians are the best posters

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I like cheese and also am town

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
How do you play? I will win I'm the most popular.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Sure, why not, i like throwing round accusations and I have played at least two games of secret hitler, so im like a pro now

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Haven't played mafia in a good long while - hopefully I've lost all my "skills" so should be a better player.

In

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
hi can I play without PMs if its being organized through discord? Sign me up if so.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I bought a coffee machine and I'm constantly highly strung for no reason so I think I will be a highly rational and powerful player in this game

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Kept you waiting, huh.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Asphyxious posted:

Kept you waiting, huh.

!

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
hopefully this doesn't take all month because we're moving in early June

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Okay now get Gwyn, black tangled and small Keating for the Christmas special.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
A Very Auspol Mafia Reunion

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

We're getting the (auspol) band back together!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

And just like any good family reunion we'll all end up murdering each other in the end

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Send in.... The scum

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Rule 12 says we shouldn't go out of our way to be jerks but what if we are just jerks naturally

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

The Before Times posted:

Rule 12 says we shouldn't go out of our way to be jerks but what if we are just jerks naturally

Be a jerk to anidav

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Hal Incandenza posted:

fun fact they are actually called yikadi

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

The Before Times posted:

fun fact they are actually called yikadi

Hmmm it seems like they are actually called YIDAKI but still thank you for opening my eyes I learned something new here

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hmmm it seems like they are actually called YIDAKI but still thank you for opening my eyes I learned something new here

my brain switches letters sometimes :negative: but yes it is something I learned relatively recently as well!

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

for years I thought "animagus" (like from harry potter) was spelt "aminagus" and words like "remuneration" gently caress me up

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

VietMaNese

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

BamHeet

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Mills Mills Mills

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Please remember even though I have been around a reasonable amount of time I smoke way too much dope to remember your nicknames for each other that aren't related to current usernames

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Please remember even though I have been around a reasonable amount of time I smoke way too much dope to remember your nicknames for each other that aren't related to current usernames

I'm bowmore

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

I'm also bowmore

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

In to lurk like a motherfucker

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Kept you waiting, huh.

Oh hey Birb

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Bifauxnen posted:

In to lurk like a motherfucker

Stop stealing my gimmick

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

A reminder that I’m a PRO mafia player and victory can only be achieved by just doing whatever I say.

Challenging me is FORBIDDEN.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Asphyxious posted:

A reminder that I’m a PRO mafia player and victory can only be achieved by just doing whatever I say.

Challenging me is FORBIDDEN.

sounds suspiciously like fascism to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Signing up.