Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

axolotl farmer posted:

A Good Cartoon??? :confused:
Kelley is one of those guys who hates the effects but loves the causes.

Edit for page snipe: Stantis reminds me of Skelley in some ways. They both believe that the primary problem is indecorous Democrats, and the secondary problem is a nebulous apolitical force that affects both parties equally. In the current climate, this makes them moderates.

T. Bombastus fucked around with this message at 09:08 on May 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Don't you just hate your kids?

Conservative Humor™

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

I know this was memory holed by the rape lobby as it happened, but the only people who didn't want due process for Kavanaugh were the ones stonewalling the investigation. I would love nothing more than for every powerful man accused of sexual assault and their victims to receive due process.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Zesty posted:

Conservative Humor™

The “I hate my family, especially my wife” genre of humor will persist in the funny pages and greeting cards until the last boomer is dead.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I don't think I'd ever say this about Drunky Duck but... it's funny because it's true.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Zesty posted:

Conservative Humor™

As a Teacher I can't tell you how many parents I've met who believe their children walk on water, or at the very least are too afraid or uninvested in them to confront their behaviors.

First thing I said once the schools shut down was a lot of parents were going to meet their kids as they really were, for better and for worse.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Zesty posted:

Apparently Loren Fishman is only a "guest cartoonist" while Bruce Tinsley is away?

https://www.dailycartoonist.com/index.php/2020/04/09/new-mallard-fillmore-cartoonist-loren-fishman-interviewed/

Hard to find any information on it. The interview they link to is now gone less than a month later.
It’s funny to me that so few people care about Mallard Fillmore that it goes into reruns for half a year, gets a new artist and writing for almost another half a year, and yet we have had no confirmed reasoning behind it. Not even people asking the question on social media. Nobody gives a poo poo.

“Oh well, it’s political cartoons, of course nobody care!” Well, Holbert was out a month and we got an update from the AAEC on his condition. Or Tinsley turbo hosed-up and is on “extended leave”. I can’t imagine that cartoon on the squad and Jews getting this kind of response, even if it was richly deserved. Obviously his syndicate isn’t going to be open about mandatory sensitive training.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Zesty posted:

Apparently Loren Fishman is only a "guest cartoonist" while Bruce Tinsley is away?

https://www.dailycartoonist.com/index.php/2020/04/09/new-mallard-fillmore-cartoonist-loren-fishman-interviewed/

Hard to find any information on it. The interview they link to is now gone less than a month later.

https://twitter.com/jfruh/status/1251258519619137536

Josh found the article in Google cache, but that link doesn't work any more either :tinfoil:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

bruce tinsley has been found dead in miami

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Bruce Tinsley was found drowned near the Chappaquiddick dike bridge

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

If they can't say where he is, it's medical. And if it's medical with Bruce "DWI" Tinsley, it's rehab.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

As a Teacher I can't tell you how many parents I've met who believe their children walk on water, or at the very least are too afraid or uninvested in them to confront their behaviors.

First thing I said once the schools shut down was a lot of parents were going to meet their kids as they really were, for better and for worse.

:same:
Also, because of the lockdown it's pretty much impossible to get a break from your kids. And I honestly believe that it's healthy to have some sort of brwak, either by going to work or having yor grandparents be with your kids.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Yeah drat if only he hadn't been so preoccupied by essentially ignoring the impeachment process except to make fun of it, he could have done his super finishing move on the virus he was publicly claiming was a big fat nothing for months

e: gently caress off Mike Lester

e again: Trump has in fact still not stopped doing his whole "who knows, maybe it'll go away. it's going away very fast" bit

A HUNGRY MOUTH fucked around with this message at 17:14 on May 5, 2020

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Yeah....I sure remember three years ago when we were being ravaged by coronavirus. Fuckwit.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bruce Tinsley wakes up in a dingy hostel in Estonia with a massive hangover, no recollection of his past, and a *sexy* murder mystery to solve.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 17:29 on May 5, 2020

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Poor Bruce Tinsley, finally double tapped by Soros. Rip to a real one

Fister Roboto posted:

Bruce Tinsley wakes up in a dingy hostel in Estonia with a massive hangover, no recollection of his past, and a *sexy* murder mystery to solve.

Ducko Elysium

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Fister Roboto posted:

I can't wait until the scene where he opens up the American newspaper and marvels at the brilliant duck comic. Look at that eyebrow! This is hilarious!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

But if Trump, President of the United States of America, says to go out it’s totally trustworthy, right?

These people are so transparent.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

Yup. I saw a post somewhere about a teacher waiting for the chance to say "Huh. He never acts like that in class. You must not be challenging him enough". It would be sooo tempting. But I like an ongoing paycheck.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Funny you should ask, Mike! There's a lovely graphic setting it all out!

It's: Golf, golf, golf, rally, golf, golf, rally, rally, golf, golf, rally (etc.).

So he was soooooper distracted by the impeachment.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on government plans to get the UK back to work — Britain’s trade union body has warned the government’s draft guidelines for getting employees back to work during the coronavirus crisis will put people’s health at risk and cannot be supported in their current form"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Matt Hancock launches contact-tracing app with Isle of Wight trial

Independent:

US daily coronavirus deaths reportedly projected to double to 3,000 by June

Times:

Evening Standard:

Joe Wicks: The Body Coach is assisted by wife Rosie for PE lesson

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

duz posted:

If they can't say where he is, it's medical. And if it's medical with Bruce "DWI" Tinsley, it's rehab.

My guess is they're playing things on the downlow in the hopes that the whole Jews thing gets memory holed and he can come crawling back.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Nenonen posted:

https://twitter.com/jfruh/status/1251258519619137536

Josh found the article in Google cache, but that link doesn't work any more either :tinfoil:

Been looking. He tweeted a month ago from his twitter account, if he actually runs it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Pants Donkey posted:

But if Trump, President of the United States of America, says to go out it’s totally trustworthy, right?

These people are so transparent.
Well, if they think of Trump as not the government, but rather the man sent to destroy the government...

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Australia and New Zealand are working out a trans Tasman travel plan for COVID-19, while we both look at the US and wonder how much we can rely on them (opinion pieces like The indispensable nation? Covid-19 tests the US-Australian alliance (Guardian))

Rowe:

Wilcox:

Shakespeare:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Left is NSW deputy premier John Barilaro, right is deputy PM and Nationals leader Michael McCormack, who are fighting over a lack of support of Barliaro for the seat of Eden-Monaro.
Nationals trade blows over John Barilaro's aborted tilt at Eden-Monaro (Guardian)

Zanetti:

That's Waleed Aly, host of The Project (also Australia's highest profile Muslim television personality). Checking what Sky News is annoyed about, apparently The Project did a segment on climate change in the wake of coronavirus and now they are upset.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah wouldn't it be bad if someone said that stuff you just made up, you hack.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Apologies for posting one of those comics that makes all of the people mad, all of them, but this particular Alt-Right-O-Comic-Sphere strip shows an amazing level of incompetence.

The message: Hitler stole the swastika/manji from unsuspecting Indian religions, and antifa (or as the alt-right calls them, THE REAL NAZIS) stole it from unsuspecting neo-Nazi skinheads. Looking past the old joke of the poorly-designed swastika, used here to symbolize antifa being both dangerous and incompetent (i.e. :umberto:), the real joke is the unambiguous use of a neo-Nazi skinhead to represent an innocent victim. I have only ever seen one other instance of this: in the work of Nick "A. Wyatt Mann" Bougas, of Happy Merchant fame.

This incompetence is not surprising at all, given that by all accounts, Mr Pumpkin Face's cartoonist is a teenager whose literal only friends are in the alt-right community.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 11:07 on May 6, 2020

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
There's been hot debate on Stonetosses place in this thread, and I think your presentation of providing it among a breakdown of exactly why it's hosed and dumb threads the needle better than just dropping it and having a page and a half of folks appropriate visceral reactions.

Still on the fence on it being being here at all

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

loving post it. I'm already dead.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Yes, the military, famously a place where individuality is valued highly.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
Without checking in advance, I'm guessing that the real news story is that the military is updating their style guide to use "they" instead of "he/she" in documents where gender is unknown.

Annnnnd...the first full page of google results for "canada military pronoun" is just right-wing outrage blogs so I'm gonna stick with my gut here.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

If only there was a vaccine for political cartoons...

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

What I would give to never see the word "politics" in a Ramirez cartoon again.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Blind Duke posted:

There's been hot debate on Stonetosses place in this thread, and I think your presentation of providing it among a breakdown of exactly why it's hosed and dumb threads the needle better than just dropping it and having a page and a half of folks appropriate visceral reactions.

Still on the fence on it being being here at all

The real Stonepanels problem is that he's actively trying to be an infuriating little poo poo. The comics are only 'worth' posting here if he succeeds but then we give him what he wants.

I do like the thought process of showing it up against similar more open fash propaganda but then we have to look at a bunch of open fash nonsense all the time which is a downside.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 07:24 on May 6, 2020

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Hera Immunity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Specifically, the RMIRZ-PUL-2 strain.