Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

THAT BAT FLIP

SO GOOD

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

back 2 back dinos

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
A SECOND BALL HAS HIT THE SEATS

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

baseball

is

good

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Dino-might!

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
BACK

BACK

A

M

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Back to back home runs have been hit, a bat has been flipped, and I can't stop smiling.

I needed baseball.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Alright that was cool to see. I'm out all, have good night and happy KBO opening day.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Waiting for that Lions offense to roar up. I need more sexy flips.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
3-run home run time

e: rip

New Concept Hole fucked around with this message at 08:27 on May 5, 2020

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
lol rip lions

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Bullpen time gently caress yes, let's give up some runs.

I wonder if they also have that stupid rear end three batter rule.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
The lions shortstop looked like Jeff Samardzija

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

New Concept Hole posted:

He really does, they showed an interview with him earlier. He seemed chill.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

New Concept Hole posted:

It's Tyler Saladino

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

blossommirage posted:

He really does, they showed an interview with him earlier. He seemed chill.

Sydin posted:

It's Tyler Saladino

Neat!

Here lies the lions

ground ball to third

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Dinos 3B is pretty slick.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Dinos third baseman is responsible for making me realize "Oh God I can't stay up past four to watch this every night." Thanks for the thread watch, this was a lot of fun. I missed baseball a lot, the KBO seems dope.

Go Lions!

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
A WAR graphic!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
They should get Mina Kimes on commentary, if only because I need an insomniac-riddled Mina calling Korean baseball at 4 in the morning

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Well done Dinos :golfclap:

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Lions went extinct instead

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I recorded the game and I’m just watching it now. Why do we need video of the commentary crew? I’m here to watch baseball!

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

I'll be watching the 3pm recast of the Dinos game with some friends via discord.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

I fell asleep before the Dinos blew up.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Watching the rebroadcast. Broadcasters are discussing how spitting is banned in KBO at that moment we get a close up of the batter spitting.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I think I'd rather just have subtitles of the Korean broadcasters than listen to ESPN again.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Bird in a Blender posted:

I think I'd rather just have subtitles of the Korean broadcasters than listen to ESPN again.

Yeah I am trying to watch it and it annoys me that they are talking about Korean baseball as a concept instead of the game itself

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

All of the KBO games are on Twitch, with bonus Korean commercials. Since it's Twitch, you can see it live if you're awake, or it automatically creates replays for you to watch later.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I have to ask if each team plays each other 16 times why even bother having a postseason

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

wait omg was this literally just two guys on ESPN watching a stream and talking over it

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I have to ask if each team plays each other 16 times why even bother having a postseason
Because. It's not all that much different than soccer leagues where every team plays every other team twice but they still have playoffs for things after the end of the season.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

wait omg was this literally just two guys on ESPN watching a stream and talking over it
Well...Yeah! That's Coronavirus broadcasting in a nutshell. It's also why I'm surprised that they didn't just pick up the CPBL broadcasts because all ESPN literally would have had to do was put the feed (they've been using English-language commentators) on one of their channels.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

So what we've learned from the first two innings of tonight's ESPN game is that not only have this year's balls been "de-juiced" but actually this is the first year the league has used a uniform-standard ball across all games.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I have to figure that in a couple weeks they'll have gotten over there "wow, what are things like in Korea and their league!" They're already better after one day of not talking over each other. I'm just so happy to have any baseball back.

I like their playoff system for a 10 team league.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

They did get a lot better on day 2, but the portions where they have the picture-in-picture with the announcers taking up 1/3rd of the screen are inexplicable. It's still baseball, I'm not sure why it being Korean means we would want to look at the play by play guys. Alas it is a national baseball broadcast and doomed to be terrible in fundamental ways.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

habeasdorkus posted:

I have to figure that in a couple weeks they'll have gotten over there "wow, what are things like in Korea and their league!" They're already better after one day of not talking over each other. I'm just so happy to have any baseball back.

I like their playoff system for a 10 team league.

I like the idea but it seems really gimmicky. The top seed getting an automatic berth to the World Series (Korean Equivalent) seems way too good.

For those who haven't watched, there are five playoff teams, seeded by record. I think they mentioned that the tiebreaker was head-to-head in the past, but is different for this season (and if so, I didn't catch how).
Round 1 (best of 3): #4 vs #5 (#4 starts with 1-0 series lead)
Round 2 (best of 3): Round 1 winner vs #3
Round 3 (best of 5): Round 2 winner vs #2
Round 4 (best of 7): Round 3 winner vs #1

edit: I thought this was N/V, sorry for the extreme pedantry in a thread where people have probably watched

chamois posted:

They did get a lot better on day 2, but the portions where they have the picture-in-picture with the announcers taking up 1/3rd of the screen are inexplicable. It's still baseball, I'm not sure why it being Korean means we would want to look at the play by play guys. Alas it is a national baseball broadcast and doomed to be terrible in fundamental ways.

It's probably the novelty of "look at these guys you recognize, you can see their houses!" I'm hoping it disappears too.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

chamois posted:

That's not unique to these recent KBO streams, ESPN seems to think that anybody watching isn't actually interested in the game of baseball being played. National MLB games they have also feature constant cuts back to the commentary booth to show off the crew's mugs or picture-in-picture interviews that cause them to completely miss the actual events of the game. TBS and Fox aren't great but at least they show you the actual loving game, albeit with poo poo commentary. ESPN is atrocious because you can barely see the game you tuned in for between all their bullshit.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

If anyone is actually trying to follow KBO more closely than the games being shown on ESPN, I found this reddit post that worked for me to watch today's Dinos game (and probably any other KBO game):

https://i.reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/g7firq/how_to_watch_kbo_games_including_replays/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Let's go Bears!