Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
This could have all been avoided if we had guillotined all billionaires already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

This could have all been avoided if we had guillotined all billionaires already.

:hmmyes:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

oliwan posted:

Good reminder that we live in hellworld, when footballers refuse to continue because the fans are mean to the billionaire owner

Is this actually the reason lmao

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Gigi Galli posted:

Is this actually the reason lmao

It absolutely is. Bayern fans held up a banner calling the founder of SAP a son of a whore. So naturally the DFB and the refs activated a protocol designed for when fans display racist banners which led to the game getting paused.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

It’s one of the few times a game got suspended twice, due to hurt billionaire fee fees.

I can’t seem to remember any instance of this happening after hearing monkey chants from the stands whenever a black opposition player was near though. Torunariga is probably too poor to afford this kind of compassion.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/fbi96f/a_little_background_on_the_hoffenheim_bayern/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Pretty good write up of the Hoffenheim incident

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
a bunch of fans were mean to a billionaire white man, cue a total meltdown from other white men in positions of power in football.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/rosalaut/status/1233788315167576065?s=19

:hmmyes:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1234110714979155970?s=20

just no decorum smh

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Hopp has owned Hoffenhiem for roughly forever. Did he do something recently to get everybody mad?

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

lol fartuna

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Now we know what it takes to stop Bayern from becoming Meister again

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Joke's on you, Bayern is still Meister.

Also keep a death watch for several clubs during the suspended competition, since the TV contract is supposed to pay out the third tranche after completing Matchday 26, lmao

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
What happens to bonus payments for winning the Meistershaft/not getting relegated/getting X number of points/scoring Y number of goals/etc.? Not that the players can't afford to lose that money, but I'm still curious.

Healbot posted:

Also keep a death watch for several clubs during the suspended competition, since the TV contract is supposed to pay out the third tranche after completing Matchday 26, lmao

Any particular candidates? Isn't Werder even more in debt than most other Bundesliga clubs?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Healbot posted:

The DFB/DFL already said they'd change the payout structure of "fest zu erwartende Einnahmen" to avoid exactly that.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Torrannor posted:

Any particular candidates? Isn't Werder even more in debt than most other Bundesliga clubs?

Yes, Werder is in acute danger, as always.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Saturday afternoon, good time for some Bundesliga!

Right?

:(

Almost eight weeks since last match - today would be 32. Spieltag. Bayern would probably be Meister by now.

Halbfinale DFB-Pokal Saarbrücken vs Leverkusen last week Wednesday. Wonder how that would have gone.

loving hell

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
I miss it and while Bayern was probably going to win the table was close enough that there was hope for other teams.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

On a positive note, I've been having a sensible chuckle at the following local headline for about 24 hours now: Drei Corona-Fälle beim FC - „Positives Signal für die Bundesliga“. I know how they mean it (the testing is working) but still, lol

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Pro tier headline for sure.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/KuehniKev/status/1257296649703108608?s=20

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

"Salomon Kalou hat mit dem Video aus der Kabine gegen teaminterne grundlegende Regeln verstoßen und ein Verhalten gezeigt, welches weder der Situation angemessen ist noch den Verhaltensregeln des Vereins entspricht. Hertha BSC hat daher entschieden, ihn mit sofortiger Wirkung vom Trainings- und Spielbetrieb zu suspendieren."

womp womp :theroni: his contract runs out at the end of this season too

edit:

https://twitter.com/gorchidee/status/1257344502471237638

lmao

Smirr fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 4, 2020

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

*Red Foreman voice* Dumbass.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Looks like the Liga might be back soon but I wonder what kind of measures they'll put into place for keeping fans from turning up outside the stadium.

elbkaida fucked around with this message at 16:25 on May 6, 2020

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

As much as I miss the league, I don't think I can morally stomach watching it right now. Cannot believe they are reopening this early.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
It's Bundesliga, morals have no place there anyway :v:

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Reopening the season is going well for Dynamo: Three players tested positive and the whole team and staff have to isolate at home for two weeks, no training possible. I guess in theory they could play on the midweek matchday 27.5. with two days of training. :bravo:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
so uh... the footy is back on Saturday???

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Who are the German equivalent of Leeds United

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Probably Dynamo Dresden is closest. Were good in the 70s/80s with some decent results in european competition then suffered terrible financial mismanagement in the 90s and got relegated to three leagues lower. Currently in 2.Bundesliga. Dynamo fans are not exactly well liked or well behaved either.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

:shittydog: ready for some real live foot, ops

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I’d probably watch two elephants kick a beach ball around at this point, but Bortmund Schalke looks tasty as hell.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

We need a chart for everyone to choose a German team

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Gonna be interesting to see how rusty everyone is. Can imagine a lot of mistakes and badly timed tackles.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I appreciate Hummels coming out and immediately snotting all over the pitch.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Interesting hairstyle choice for a German referee.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Nice, Sky is giving me the option of canned stadium audience.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Barca boy having a whine over a little physical contact, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Schalkes number 8 looks like Dave Navarro.