Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i’ll accept that.

i know after awhile he was starting to not want to do his daily facetime calls with his family and would rather sit around and play 360 games with me on the couch. so it was probably a coin flip if i were sending him in one direction or the other lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i’ll accept that.

i know after awhile he was starting to not want to do his daily facetime calls with his family and would rather sit around and play 360 games with me on the couch. so it was probably a coin flip if i were sending him in one direction or the other lol

"ah poo poo wife aggro, gotta log boiz gg's"

Destroyenator
Dec 27, 2004

Don't ask me lady, I live in beer
my rent is set up that they get to raise it once a year but it can't be more than the previous years inflation. there's still the incentive to roll over tenants to get the bumps, but i don't think they're allowed to turf me out without a very long process and they have no right to inspections so aside from non-payment idk how they'd ever get evidence for it

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i have absentee landlords who don’t raise the rent or do anything as long as im not late on payments. im month to month and paying 20% below market

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I live in an old lady's illegal basement suite for 800 dollars a month cash

It's ok

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Methanar posted:

I live in an old lady's illegal basement suite for 800 dollars a month cash

It's ok
sorry your mom raised your rent op

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Uptime Sinclair posted:

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
dang I walked into that one

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Uptime Sinclair posted:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Uptime Sinclair posted:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

workin from home
https://twitter.com/cspanJeremy/status/1258076164234579969

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I’m paying $3600 for an apartment in NYC, and am now living at my parents in Florida.

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

lol your internet connection is gonna be slow

not that big of a difference since I'm already living in the UK in a place that's not London

picture one of those old timey medieval maps with "there be dragons" except the map only has London in the middle and the rest is just that, that's pretty much how it works here (and not just for network infrastructure :v:)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

freeasinbeer posted:

I’m paying $3600 for an apartment in NYC, and am now living at my parents in Florida.

why would u post this

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

freeasinbeer posted:

how does your mom feel about the kubernetes fad

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
freeasinrent

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

brutal self own

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!

DuckConference posted:

in other news the update on this

my name now features prominently on a spreadsheet being passed around management. the pressure is dropping at the centre of this tropical storm of bullshit and home depot is all out of plywood sheeting.

build a minimal prototype that's fast enough and become team lead for a doomed project to extend that prototype with features until it is as slow as where you started, imo

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Methanar posted:

since it pays me big figgies, she thinks it’s great for a near HS drop out.

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

suffix posted:

build a minimal prototype that's fast enough and become team lead for a doomed project to extend that prototype with features until it is as slow as where you started, imo

that's a legit idea, but there would be a few powers of 10 too many lines of code required for even a minimal prototype of the way we'd need to do things do be fast enough. not sure it would work either.

plus if I make my immediate management happy maybe I can get promoted from the new grad level next cycle! (i am nowhere close to being a new grad but I am clearly poo poo at interviewing and negotiating).

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Realized today that I am going to have to search for an apartment during this pandemic since my lease expires and I have no interest in renewing. That's probably going to be an exciting experience.

Just got done doing this, it wasn't so bad. They only let us view places that had a coded lock. One was buttons, but another made me register on some terrible UI website to receive the code on my phone when I was out there.

What am I, some kind of Cyboman?

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil

Methanar posted:

Our lives are bound. We rise and fall with the Kube.

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil

FMguru posted:

he showed those loving birds what was what

lol

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Cold on a Cob posted:

freeasinrent

mystes
May 31, 2006

Cold on a Cob posted:

freeasinflowinglikethebloodoftherichafterthecommunistrevolution

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

i'm cold on a cob and i approve this edit

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

little big so moderately :nws: mostly for language: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrU1hZxSEXQ

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my “rent” is about 1300 a month but it’s a mortgage so I suppose that’s not rent

but I took a 6mo mortgage holiday which is going to add 15 extra months to the total length of the mortgage after the 6 months holiday is added too, so currently paying zero rent

extra dollars going right into uncle visa

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

i punched my chair out of frustration after some random work bullshit but I guess it was pretty hard because now my knuckle hurts and is a bit swollen and dark colored

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
gavin newsom's sign language lady is the real star of covid

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

DuckConference posted:

i punched my chair out of frustration after some random work bullshit but I guess it was pretty hard because now my knuckle hurts and is a bit swollen and dark colored

more like StruckConference

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Currently not getting any work done because I don't have clear directions and I'm tired of doing bullshit busywork filler.

:cool:

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

took a nice 3 hour lunch to mow the grass today
worth it

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

lawns are bad, but 3 hours outdoors is good

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
my lunch was not supposed to be 3 hours today but I forgot how long it takes to just pop down to the grocery store now

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

today i gave a zoom lecture that went pretty well, then made a delicious reuben sandwich for lunch, and played the piano for an hour with the back door open and the wind blowing in. pretty great day

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
nice

me on the other hand have run out of flu vaccines to give and now my existence has come to its useful end

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

echinopsis posted:

nice

me on the other hand have run out of flu vaccines to give and now my existence has come to its useful end

ha! i wish my existence had ever been meaningful :smuggo:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

haveblue posted:

my lunch was not supposed to be 3 hours today but I forgot how long it takes to just pop down to the grocery store now

I don't mind grocery queuing too much because the store isn't crowded and there's no real wait at checkout so all the most annoying parts are over once you enter the store

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

yeah I did the same thing yesterday, took me about 2 hours to get through Costco and back