Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I am pleased to report that the good start I just had has ended because I got absolutely loving merked by a moose :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
There are a lot of golf carts on this mall roof. For now.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Carcer posted:

Be careful with nomad gear, its hot as hell and I could not wait to switch over to survivor gear to stop my character overheating all the time.

Even Light Nomad Gear? Just don't wear the Nomad Cowl.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Used tailoring to fit an ANBC suit I looted off a zombie. Its pretty fantastic. Dropped my ESAPI vest due to encumbrance penalty though but the ANBC excellent overall coverage should be superior I think.

Palcontent
Mar 23, 2010

Ms Adequate posted:

I am pleased to report that the good start I just had has ended because I got absolutely loving merked by a moose :v:

You can use 'C' -> yell a few times to get moose to flee. They are still comically dangerous though lol

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Palcontent posted:

You can use 'C' -> yell a few times to get moose to flee. They are still comically dangerous though lol

Son of a BITCH

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
A full set of survivor fire gear is 100% coverage and has great environmental protection but it will it keep radiation out?

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Vib Rib posted:

I would say oats are one of the most valuable, because they can be processed into a variety of foods including the very calorie-rich and long-lasting oatmeal, as well as a few others. Grains are always worth growing, especially ones with quick planting times. Berries are useful as they serve as fruits for most recipes like jams and other sometimes difficult results. Beyond that any large-volume vegetable should be fine, potatos and pumpkins are pretty versatile but the latter don't keep very long.
Thanks! This goes along the line that I was feeling out already

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Even Light Nomad Gear? Just don't wear the Nomad Cowl.
Light nomad gear is a bit better in that regard, yes. But the normal nomad suit has 40 warmth on torso/arms/legs and it's a huge pain to do stuff outside of cold temperatures. Speaking about stable btw

Also a zombie just dropped the anarchist manual so I can finally make the electrohack and crack the ton of safes I marked on my map :toot:

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

Caidin posted:

A full set of survivor fire gear is 100% coverage and has great environmental protection but it will it keep radiation out?

Check the description - it should say something like "it will protect you from radiation" (See Hazmat suits to see what this looks like). From what I remember, survivor gear will help you against acid but not radiation.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Caidin posted:

Nope. Anti radiation gear has one of two specific tags (RAD_PROOF and RAD_RESIST) that will show up in the description text under the item stats.

http://cdda-trunk.chezzo.com/flags/RAD_PROOF

http://cdda-trunk.chezzo.com/flags/RAD_RESIST

E: Power armor is radiation proof too but I think it’s hard coded because I don’t see a tag for it.

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 21:22 on May 6, 2020

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Huh, apparently the turret's gun can malfunction.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Palcontent posted:

I have at least two tombstones reading "died while screaming nonstop at a moose" that will remind you this is not a guaranteed thing. Sometimes they don't give a gently caress.

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

Moose are one of those things that I stay faaaaar away from unless and only if I'm carrying a shotgun and even then only if I'm hurting for food. If you see it indicated on the map, steer away from it same as you would a Brute or Mi-Go.

Fear the Dread Moose.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
occasionally a moose will attack a zombie, get slapped in the face and than its over. That moose has moose rabies and will not stop till everything in the world is loving dead.

90s Cringe Rock posted:

There are a lot of golf carts on this mall roof. For now.

I found a fully intact one in a garage once complete with golf clubs, which lead to me becoming 'clubs mckenzie, pro golfer' for about thirty minutes before I was torn apart dropping down off the wrong gutter into a swarm of pissed off children.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 6, 2020

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I have uncovered a scroll of Optical Sneeze Beam.

Time to go be a technomancer I guess.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Motherfucker posted:

occasionally a moose will attack a zombie, get slapped in the face and than its over. That moose has moose rabies and will not stop till everything in the world is loving dead.

Oh, yeah, Antlered Horrors (or whatever they're called) are complete bulldozers. Those things are brutal.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Minireactors and other radioactive things are fine so long as they're at full health/aren't hilit in bright green.

Stathol
Jun 28, 2008

Vib Rib posted:

I have at least two tombstones reading "died while screaming nonstop at a moose" that will remind you this is not a guaranteed thing. Sometimes they don't give a gently caress.
For what it's worth, in one of Vormithrax's more recent video, he commented that he didn't think shouting scared moose anymore.

On the up side, they won't spontaneously aggro on the player anymore unless it's mating season (late(?) fall). If something else attacks them, though, moose IFF leaves much to be desired.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Whee, found an NPC, found an orchard, cleared it of zombies, feeling good. Think I have time to get everything organized.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
Apparently the heavy rail rifle isn't craftable in experimental builds now? At least I haven't gotten the recipe after hitting all the skill levels I thought I needed.

Not that I need it what with the massive aftershock Ion Cannon, laser battle rifle and literal Barrett Light 50 sitting in my APC's holds, but it's the thought that counts

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

RangerKarl posted:

Apparently the heavy rail rifle isn't craftable in experimental builds now? At least I haven't gotten the recipe after hitting all the skill levels I thought I needed.

They've decided that 'junk' weapons don't fit their aesthetic anymore. Expect all of them to be removed over time.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

how the hell is post-apoc salvage weapons not in the aesthetic of a game where you can strap a kitchen knife to a curtain rod on day one

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
I'm doing base building - if I want to use things like a vehicle mini-fridge and RV Kitchen unit, does it make sense to use the vehicle system to build an enclosed wheel-less "vehicle" to use a house and slap some solar panels on top?
Are there any drawbacks to that? Does it interact weirdly with NPCs?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Rockopolis posted:

I'm doing base building - if I want to use things like a vehicle mini-fridge and RV Kitchen unit, does it make sense to use the vehicle system to build an enclosed wheel-less "vehicle" to use a house and slap some solar panels on top?

The drawbacks I had when I was setting up a static base is that you can’t drag carts inside a vehicle and cargo carriers hold a tiny amount of loot compared to a display rack. I used to set up combo vehicle/houses by exploiting the fact you can build vehicle tiles through empty door frames.

Have some crappy ASCII art because I’m not by my computer. W is a wall, V is a vehicle tile, R is a display rack, and D is a door. The vehicle tile on the 2nd row is built over an empty door frame. It needs to be a vehicle board to enclose the house or you can get fancy and make it a windshield with a remote operated curtain. The vehicle tiles on the 3rd row are fridges, welders, whatever you don’t need to be next to to use. 4th row is a cargo carrier with a battery charger. 5th row is a seat with controls, a water faucet, etc. Everything within the walls is roofed, the vehicle tiles on the outside can have solar panels.

code:
VVVVVVVVV
VWWWVWWWV
VWVVVVVWV
VWR V RWV
VWR V RWV
VWR   RWV
VWRR RRWV
VWWWDWWWV
VVVV VVVV

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Rockopolis posted:

This is what I got going on in my hideout right now. Its a frame that goes out into the open air in the south with 2 upgraded solar panels with a storage battery. Below that is a funnel with a 100L barrel. Above the panels is an outdoor welding rig. Looping up into the building is a kitchen unit. Left of that is 2 minifridges, The leftmost minifridge has a water faucet and a water purifier. North of that is an aisle with lights. North of that is a 200L barrel of purified water. Below the minifridge is another welding rig for crafting indoors and below that is a recharging station.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Okay, I'll give those a try, that's really helpful thanks.
And oh man that vehicle wrapped around a building thing makes me think of Baba Yaga's hut, just need like chicken walker legs or something.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

The Lone Badger posted:

They've decided that 'junk' weapons don't fit their aesthetic anymore. Expect all of them to be removed over time.

What even is their aesthetic? breaking changes every 2 weeks? OK, good to know. Will have to keep an eye out for the mod that brings that recipe back in whenever. Hurling around rebar with something that you built up from a box of scraps ala Tony Stark is one of the things that I thought really differentiated this game from other roguelikes.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

With luck the macgyver weapons will go straight into Aftershock.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Angry Diplomat posted:

Oh, yeah, Antlered Horrors (or whatever they're called) are complete bulldozers. Those things are brutal.

I mean that too but I'm talking about when a moose takes damage and gets basically locked at 'full hostile'.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Think I found my first lab finale. 4th floor down and the stairs drop me in from of a turret and a few UGVs.

This is why I'm a save scummer.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

In theory the turret should have had a 1-turn delay on firing the first time it sees you, giving you enough time to flee up the stairs again.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Rolling through town with a proud set of M2 turrets blasting the rhythm of glory here and all I can think about is how much it's gonna suck to get out and pulp all the drat bodies when I'm done. Missing that mod pretty hard already.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Caidin posted:

Rolling through town with a proud set of M2 turrets blasting the rhythm of glory here and all I can think about is how much it's gonna suck to get out and pulp all the drat bodies when I'm done. Missing that mod pretty hard already.
I haven't had problems with the mod (Prevent Zombie Revivication) breaking anything, just need to set obsolete to false in the file. Can be found in this pack: https://github.com/TheGoatGod/Goats-Mod-Compilation/releases/tag/1.0b

AceRimmer fucked around with this message at 05:08 on May 7, 2020

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

AceRimmer posted:

I haven't had problems with the mod (Prevent Zombie Revivication) breaking anything, just need to set obsolete to false in the file. Can be found in this pack: https://github.com/TheGoatGod/Goats-Mod-Compilation/releases/tag/1.0b

Well thats cool, thank you.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Palcontent posted:

Leal posted:

Son of a BITCH

Same reaction lmao

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Wait you can drive off a house?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Xand_Man posted:

Wait you can drive off a house?

Certainly if you don't mind whatever your in being smashed to poo poo by the fall.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Problem: We added a mechanic, but everybody who plays our game says it's stupid and mods it out! :(
Solution: Make it harder to install that mod! :eng101:

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
'obsolete' as in, the mechanic is so good now there is no need to have the mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Caidin posted:

Certainly if you don't mind whatever your in being smashed to poo poo by the fall.

Whoops. Should have read "Wait you can drive off in a house?"