Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

The Age of Fire is ending. The Age of Fire has been ending for hundreds, maybe thousands of years. No matter how many times the final embers begin to fade, some brave soul will come along to link the fire one more time, giving the world a little more time in the sun. This has happened too many times to count, now. This cannot continue. Time itself is beginning to fray.

“Bearer of the curse… seek souls,” the Emerald Herald begins her practiced speech to the newest sorry Undead to crawl into Majula. One day, she will find someone to take the throne that King Vendrick left absent so long ago. She doesn’t think this undead has what it takes, but she has nothing but time to be proven wrong.

There is a strange scent in the air, however, winds of change that haven’t graced the land in centuries. The bearer of the curse leaves for the Forest of Fallen Giants… and the moment they’re out of sight, the fog closes in on the town.

The inhabitants of Majula wake up and discover that their humble settlement is no longer where it once was, cozy in the kingdom of Drangleic. It is now surrounded by a deep ocean, with no land in sight even with the aid of binoculars. Not only that, there are new structures that have haphazardly come into existence on either end of town… and unfamiliar Undead are trickling out of them. After some disoriented discussion, it is gathered that both buildings are called The Firelink Shrine. No one is quite sure of their connection, or how this unreal world has been shaped. One thing, however, is clear.

Somehow, those with the closest links to the future inheritors of fire have all been brought together in one place, one time, for a purpose none of them understand.

They are not Lords, or Gods, or Legends. they are, however, the greatest of this age's ashes...

And, as they will soon discover, the worst of the ashes as well.

Hey everyone. This is a game of mafia for 17 players. It will be heavy on power roles, with some weird/unique roles. That said, I've done my best to balance it so we can all have a good, solid game of mafia. Ideally!

Playerlist:
  1. Amnistar (He/Him)
  2. cheese sandwich
  3. Hal Incandenza (he/him/hal)
  4. ilmucche
  5. Jonathan Fisk
  6. Mr. Humalong (w/e)
  7. Mr. Steak (he/him)
  8. MysticalMachineGun
  9. NAGA LIU KANG
  10. Pussy Quipped (He/Him)
  11. Quidthulhu
  12. Sandwolf (He/Him)
  13. Squiggly
  14. Toalpaz (THEY THEM)
  15. xiw (he/him)
  16. xopods (he, him, his)
  17. Your Personal Muse

Bloodstains

NAGA LIU KANG - Licia of Lindelt, Scum-aligned Doctor/1x Ninja was executed on Day 1.
Mr. Humalong - Eygon of Carim, Town-aligned 1x Bulletproof Bodyguard was killed on Night 1.
MysticalMachineGun - Lucatiel of Mirrah, Town-aligned 2x Even-Night Vigilante, was executed on Day 2.
Xiw - Patches the Hyena, Town-aligned Jailer was killed on Night Two.
Squiggly - Lautrec of Carim, Scum-aligned 1x BP/1x Strongman was executed on Day 3.
Amnistar - Siegward of Catarina, Town-aligned Tracker was killed on Night 3.
Quidthulu - Creighton the Wanderer, Self-Aligned Vengeful Executioner, was executed on Day 4.
Ilmuche - Andre the Blacksmith, Town-Aligned Vanilla Townie was killed on Night 4.
Xopods - Sieglinde of Catarina, Town-Aligned Backup Watcher-Tracker was killed on Night 4.
Cheese Sandwich - Mild-Mannered Pate, Self-Aligned Treacherous Executioner/Compulsive Serial Killer (1x BP, 1x Ninja) retreated, victorious, on Day 5.
Jonathan Fisk - Solaire of Astora, Town-aligned Innocent Lover Mason, was killed on Night 5.
Toalpaz - Ringfinger Leonhard, Scum-aligned Roleblocker (Inherited 1x Ninja) was killed on Night 5.

The Rules of Mafia:

1. Don't be jerks to each other! If you feel like you're getting genuinely upset at the game, please step away and take a breather for a while. Quarantine's got us all feeling weird but this is meant to be a fun game.
2. As an important addendum to the above, the OP will have listed pronouns for anyone who's got them in Votefinder. Please use and respect them. I'm not going to bring the hammer down on you if you slip up, but I have zero tolerance for people who actively refuse to even make an attempt at being decent.
3. Do not copy/paste or screenshot out of thread communication, whether it be your role PM, mod statements, or any other OOT communication you may be privy to. Paraphrasing is okay, but don't try to pull any 'gotchas' with the phrasing of your win condition or whatever, it's lame.
4. After you die, you're allowed one free 'bah' post for shitposts and poo poo-talking. These are not allowed to have any information or reads, mention players by name, or have anything that could conceivably affect the in-game discussion. For example, saying 'I hope my scum buddies kill you all' is fine. 'I hope that my good scum friend PLAYERNAME kills you all' isn't.
5. Try your best not to lurk. Lurkers will be available for a free lunch if they fail to make 10 posts in a day phase; leniency will be given at mod discretion but don't count on it.
6. Don't fake day actions.
7. No posting allowed between hammer and flip.
8. Discord is required.

I'm planning on having dayphases last for three days.

New players welcome, if you wanna spectate just hop in the discord and gimme a shout.

Speaking of discord, please join the server when you sign up.

I'd like to have this game start as soon as possible after it fills up.

dmboogie fucked around with this message at 23:49 on May 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I will serve.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

In it to win it get lunched D2

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I wish I could play Dark Souls but too I'm in too many others. I'm down to replace in when if you need someone!

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Hal Incandenza posted:

I wish I could play Dark Souls but too I'm in too many others. I'm down to replace in when if you need someone!

noted! and hey if signups run on long enough maybe you'll die and be free :v:

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I will sign up. Please give me the role of Sif ty.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I will play, but poorly

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Hmm, why would the developer give me the option to kill solaire if I'm not supposed too?

quote:

you have obtained 1x stack of "Blood Feud Vengeance" which will only expire when it is exploited at a later date

gently caress

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

ilmucche posted:

gently caress

:unsmigghh:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i'll play i need a distraction right now.

NAGA LIU KANG
Jul 17, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm in

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i join

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Yo yo yo

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
spent the lockdown playing dark souls 1 for the first time, i'm in

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Is this still a thing?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Yes, this will continue to be a thing, we just need more players

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

(was that a signup post YPM?)

Also, if you've signed up but haven't joined the discord in the OP yet, please do so!!! I want to start this game as soon as we reach 17 players, but I need everyone to be there, first.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I will play!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I am: PREPARED TO LIVE edition

NAGA LIU KANG
Jul 17, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Toalpaz posted:

I am: PREPARED TO LIVE edition

Big energy!

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

get in the discord you donk

NAGA LIU KANG
Jul 17, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

dmboogie posted:

get in the discord you donk

Lol whoops

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

I have come to this great game, to seek my own sun

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
I am game!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

This has not started? Soon I will be able to change from replacement to player if things do not pick up

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Hal Incandenza posted:

This has not started? Soon I will be able to change from replacement to player if things do not pick up

yep, we have two open slots (and a player who might need to drop out) so you'll probably be able to get in on this

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

dmboogie posted:

yep, we have two open slots (and a player who might need to drop out) so you'll probably be able to get in on this

If I die in any of the games I’m in, I’ll be joining too!

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

hell yeah we'll get this bastard filled up eventually

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

preclaim: I'm the doctor.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

here

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

please join the discord!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Oh hey! Hell yeah! Me

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

get rekt Hal Incandenza, etc,

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

The days are even harder to measure than usual, but the first approximation of one passes peacefully. Introductions and toasts are made, and many long hours are spent speculating the meaning of their newly shared existence.

The inhabitants of this strange hubworld don’t realize the danger they’re in until an altruistic soul decides to try and free the caged firekeeper in the Firelink Shrine. When they arrive, they find only her corpse, dressed in a tattered robe.

She couldn’t run. She couldn’t scream. Her soul and her humanity had both been harvested.

dmboogie, the Mute Firekeeper, Town D0 Sacrifice, was killed at the beginning of the game.

Someone among them was hunting Undead.

Day One has begun. You have three days.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (17): Amnistar, cheese sandwich, Hal Incandenza, ilmucche, Jonathan Fisk, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Steak, NAGA LIU KANG, OFFICER LIGER, Pussy Quipped, Quidthulhu, Sandwolf, Squiggly, Toalpaz, xiw, xopods, Your Personal Muse

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 14th, 2020 at 7:46 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 23 hours.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Confirming that I am Town as always. Also that I have probably already died to some sort of bullshit one-hit kill.

(I haven't actually played Dark Souls but I think that's how the game works right?)

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Also ##vote xiw until he produces a convenient table of claims/results so I can keep track of this game. It's moving too fast already.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Hi I’m here let’s play.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
More like lame souls imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude