Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

The Deadly Hume posted:

I liked Violet Crumbles better than Crunchies,

You monster!

Lol at Laidley. Pretty sure I remember this thread voting him the coach most likely to have bodies buried underneath his basement in years past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Brown Paper Bag posted:

And in drag for some reason...? Theres a photo doing the rounds on twitter

It's on the front page of the Herald Sun website

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
https://twitter.com/FOXFOOTY/status/1257090729270054912

Good job Police, take advantage of someone cause you find crossdressing hilarious

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

So is there any chance that the stalking charge is bullshit, and the cops just arrested him because "haha look, a famous man in a dress. Let's publicly humiliate and shame him."?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

BrigadierSensible posted:

So is there any chance that the stalking charge is bullshit, and the cops just arrested him because "haha look, a famous man in a dress. Let's publicly humiliate and shame him."?

Considering the way that most Vic Pol treat the LGBTI community that wouldn't be too much of a stretch

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Countdown to Eddie McGuire apologizing for remarks.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Quantum Shart posted:

https://twitter.com/FOXFOOTY/status/1257090729270054912

Good job Police, take advantage of someone cause you find crossdressing hilarious

"The police are utterly disgusted at people sharing this photo around. Yes, this photo. The one we're sharing right here."

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

You Am I posted:

Considering the way that most Vic Pol treat the LGBTI community that wouldn't be too much of a stretch

BrigadierSensible posted:

It's a massive loving stretch for someone to be arrested and remanded for stalking following what Laidley has reportedly done to his family you loving idiots.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Quantum Shart posted:

It's a massive loving stretch for someone to be arrested and remanded for stalking following what Laidley has reportedly done to his family you loving idiots.

Gotta hate cops (at the expense of all common sense)

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Looking forward to the police investigation deciding it was simply an administration error that caused the photos to be leaked accidentally.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

teacup posted:

Gotta hate cops (at the expense of all common sense)

I agree, nothing to hate our loyal friends and defenders victoria police about in this at all (apart from the bit where cops leaked the photos...) :respek:

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Yes, the leak of the photos is disgusting and likely fueled by anti-LBGTQ sentiment
Saying that arrest of someone who has form and has been tormenting people through stalking is minimizing real acts domestic violence

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Quantum Shart posted:

That may be the alleged case, but leaking out photos of Laidley being interviewed is loving disgusting, as well as News Corpse putting them up on their associated websites

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-04/dean-laidley-former-north-melbourne-coach-in-custody-stalking/12210590

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

You Am I posted:

That may be the alleged case, but leaking out photos of Laidley being interviewed is loving disgusting, as well as News Corpse putting them up on their associated websites

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-04/dean-laidley-former-north-melbourne-coach-in-custody-stalking/12210590

Good to hear they found the guy, I guess Advance Australia or some other right wing nuffy group just found a new member.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Quantum Shart posted:

Yes, the leak of the photos is disgusting and likely fueled by anti-LBGTQ sentiment
Saying that arrest of someone who has form and has been tormenting people through stalking is minimizing real acts domestic violence

Then this is my bad. Due to me being an idiot.

I didn't know about Laidley's previous form in domestic violence, and agree that breaching an AVO is a bad thing.

I jumped to the wrong conclusion, due to all the reporting, (fueled by the illegaly leaked photos), being all breathless about how he was dressed in drag in St. Kilda, (nudge nudge wink wink).

Sorry.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

You Am I posted:

Regardless of the criminal outcome for the officer in question, VicPol are probably about to owe Dean a very very large sum of money.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Solemn Sloth posted:

I agree, nothing to hate our loyal friends and defenders victoria police about in this at all (apart from the bit where cops leaked the photos...) :respek:

One footballer rapist means they all are

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

teacup posted:

One footballer rapist means they all are

If you’re looking for a defence of the integrity of police as an institution, this isn’t it.

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 23:49 on May 4, 2020

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Solemn Sloth posted:

If you’re looking for a defence of the integrity of police as an institution, this isn’t it.

I’m just saying your hot take of attacking all cops for ones action is poo poo.

Cops also helped get a domestic abuser off the streets as well so yeah

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

It's probs true that there's a higher percentage of dickheads among professional athletes tho.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

That sure as gently caress wasn't the Sam Newman take I was expecting

https://twitter.com/Origsmartassam/status/1257098528427401218?s=20

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 10:40 on May 5, 2020

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Solemn Sloth posted:

I must have misread it earlier as I thought he was going on about people having goes at the cops in the first place.

Odd.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Solemn Sloth posted:

Not being able to play golf has radicalised Sam, he's gone full libertarian

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

It's probably also about supporting others within the AFL fraternity.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
All this "Vic bias" garbage is starting to get a bit loving old.

How about the rest of the clubs give up their homeground advantages first and then we can start talking.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Nutsngum posted:

How about the rest of the clubs give up their homeground advantages first and then we can start talking.

Sure, we'll do that in trade for the Granny being given to the team who finished higher

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Nutsngum posted:

SA and WA are currently among the safest places on the planet from COVID19, both are dyed in the wool AFL heartlands, and both are being actively hampered from contributing to the AFL restarting by AFL house.

Additionally, the Grand Final is locked into the MCG for the next 50 years so 🤔

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Nutsngum posted:

Don’t bother. People from WA and SA don’t actually want the grand final / “vic bias” to change, because then they wouldn’t be able to have a sook about it the next time they see their mates from Melbourne. They secretly love it. I mean I’ve got a mate from Adelaide who honestly believes that the crows would have won in 2017 if it wasn’t at the MCG. It’ll never end.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

teacup posted:

Don’t bother. People from WA and SA don’t actually want the grand final / “vic bias” to change, because then they wouldn’t be able to have a sook about it the next time they see their mates from Melbourne.

I love bad faith arguments where people say that the other person doesn't actually want what they're arguing for.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

snaeksikn posted:

... both are dyed in the wool AFL heartlands, and both are being actively hampered from contributing to the AFL restarting by AFL house.

Hahaha the AFL is the one making travel hard is it?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Put the hosting rights up for bid, the venue must have 80000 seats to ameliorate the caterwauling about there not being enough grand final tickets.

That sort of talk leads to Stadium Australia being used as a grand final venue.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Chairchucker posted:

I love bad faith arguments where people say that the other person doesn't actually want what they're arguing for.

It’s the same reason why most conservatives in politics don’t actually want to ban abortion or things like that. Because then they couldn’t rail against it

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

teacup posted:

It’s the same reason why most conservatives in politics don’t actually want to ban abortion or things like that. Because then they couldn’t rail against it

You're insane

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Im mostly stirring but the political point is real. There are many conservative politicians who actually don’t go ahead and ban the things they say they will, for a variety of reasons but this is definitely one of them.

Edit: Barnaby Joyce saying he will help the bush for example.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

teacup posted:

Im mostly stirring but the political point is real. There are many conservative politicians who actually don’t go ahead and ban the things they say they will, for a variety of reasons but this is definitely one of them.

Edit: Barnaby Joyce saying he will help the bush for example.

The NRA is a good example, I don’t think the behind the scenes lobbying is for full and irrevocable gun rights because they’d lose the reason for their existence and a bunch of rich white dudes would suddenly become a lot less rich.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Quantum Shart posted:

Medical based travel restrictions due to COVID should outweigh what the AFL wants. It's pretty reasonable that the AFL should be working around the travel restrictions rather than wanting the travel restrictions to work around them.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

snaeksikn posted:

Medical based travel restrictions due to COVID should outweigh what the AFL wants. It's pretty reasonable that the AFL should be working around the travel restrictions rather than wanting the travel restrictions to work around them.

Yeah so this is an example of vic bias...how?

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

teacup posted:

Hmmm well the example I was thinking of is how 'actually people who say they want to change the date of Australia Day don't really care about that and just want something to complain about'.

Which is about the same mentality you're displaying here.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Quantum Shart posted:

I think the point I saw being made is that restrictions have been lifted in WA and SA to the extent that teams in those states could recommence training, but the AFL will not let them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Chairchucker posted:

Hmmm well the example I was thinking of is how 'actually people who say they want to change the date of Australia Day don't really care about that and just want something to complain about'.

Which is about the same mentality you're displaying here.

It’s really not the same. There is no big vote win or donation/ money win in the fight to change the date (which I support) and no one is “having a whinge” on that.

Meanwhile as someone else mentioned the NRA / gun lobbyists, rural parties/ pollies, and parties/ pollies who bring up religious arguments stand to gain many votes and lots of donations by saying they will end this horrible anti religious thing / support the bush / stop all gun bans... whereas if they actually did what they said properly they know they would lose the support of the people they do have because all they have is an opinion of “anti” whatever they are against.

Anyway it’s really not that complicated, I think it’s completely fair to say it’s a conservative phenomenon due to the nature of wanting things to be “back in the good old days” whereas progressives want things to be better, and if you can’t understand it this isn’t the thread to educate you on it.

Change the date and make footy more progressive, play it where and when it is safe to do so and keep the grand final in fortress Victoria where it belongs, go the loving tiges!!!