Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Diva Cupcake posted:

The 4th round RB from Florida almost certainly wasn't getting starter reps this year anyways.

I dont like this signing because old guys are not who rebuilding teams should be signing.

If Gore is there to take 5-10 snaps a game in short yardage situations and mentor/coach up Perine like he apparently did with Singletary, I'm fine with it. Anything more than that is a hard hard pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Frank Gore just wants to tour the AFC East before retiring. The Pats will sign him to a 1-year deal next year and he'll have something insane for his age like 850 yards at 4.0/carry.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Gore will be your starter, getting 15-20 reps a game. Gase loves him because he doesn't lose yards, and that's all he cares about from a runner.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I don't think you guys are fully appreciating what Frank Gore brings to a locker room. He may get 2.3 yards a carry, but you can't quantify veteran leadership.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Quiet Feet posted:

Frank Gore just wants to tour the AFC East before retiring. The Pats will sign him to a 1-year deal next year and he'll have something insane for his age like 850 yards at 4.0/carry.

The Thunder to Ryan Fitzpatrick's 2021 Lightning.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

More Jets things. Major bummer re: Enunwa, but not surprising at all given he's missed 2 of 3 years with a neck injury. His career has gotta be over at this point.

Wonder if they'll make another move at WR.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1257750305317490689?s=20

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This was probably the most expected outcome. Q really shouldn't play football again but he has no reason to retire with the injury guarantees he has. I'm glad he'll be paid for destroying his neck.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Forgot he had the $4.1m injury guarantee. Good for you Quincy, now retire please.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Frank Gore rules and I have nothing bad to say about him.

Hell, he’s such an easy going guy he’s willing to play for Gase again.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The punter number is good.

https://twitter.com/Tua/status/1257824536583483393

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Penny Tagovaila

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

it’s me

I’m the audience of 1

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

it makes me so happy to go to his twitter and see this poo poo

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

here's hoping it goes well instead of poorly

this being the dolphins (and really the whole afc east) i know how it'll end but maybe it'll be cool for a little while

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The whole "Tua the god-botherer" thing is going to be super tedious.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

i'm a christian agai becuase of tua

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Eifert Posting posted:

The whole "Tua the god-botherer" thing is going to be super tedious.

Oh yes.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tua is a proud member of the WBC

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

i'm happy that god let tua get injured so he'd fall to the fifth spot in the draft

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Ehud posted:

i'm happy that god let tua get injured so he'd fall to the fifth spot in the draft

You and I are enemies now

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Tua has the #1 and #3 best selling jerseys on nflshop.com

we’re going to the super bowl

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Ehud posted:

i'm a christian agai becuase of tua

The AFC East is the most devout division in all of Christendom. Tebow, Tua, Brady (I think)?

We are God's chosen. Amen.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve ever heard Brady reference god.

Maybe I just don’t remember.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Dre2Dee2 posted:

The AFC East is the most devout division in all of Christendom. Tebow, Tua, Brady (I think)?

I would almost hesitate to say Nathan Peterman is a Christian given how much he committed sin after sin on the field.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Dre2Dee2 posted:

tom's not the praying kind (drew brees is the secret devout ageless all pro qb)

sanchez believed in the ole jesuchristo tho

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The fact Tom is the one guy who doesn’t thank god for everything actually makes me hate him less. Stop this madness.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
While Tua has been prattling about god Joe Burrow has been talking about wanting to meet Julius Caesar. I prefer this, though it is a bit concerning because, like, all the white folks in Cinci are Gauls or Celts...

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Hyped for the Jets to trade Bell for pennies on the dollar and run with a 37 year old starter at RB.

Only 1 RB has over 100 yards in a season they were 37+ since 1970, Marcus Allen in his last season.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Not looking forward to starting the year against the AFC west. The entire division might get 5 wins combined

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Good news then, it's the NFC W.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Ehud posted:

Tua has the #1 and #3 best selling jerseys on nflshop.com

we’re going to the super bowl

Buying someone’s jersey before they’ve even started playing is a level a optimism I’ll learn understand or reach.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Eifert Posting posted:

Good news then, it's the NFC W.

Ok the division will get 6 wins total.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

You all know it in your cold, dead hearts: the Patriots will win the division by going 7-9.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The Pats' offensive depth chart is truly a sight to behold this year

I thought it legitimately had nowhere to go but up after last year and welp lmao

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 15:20 on May 7, 2020

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You all know in your hearts that bill will "inexplicably" make a ton of unforced errors, go 1 and 15 and draft Trevor Lawrence.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Eifert Posting posted:

You all know in your hearts that bill will "inexplicably" make a ton of unforced errors, go 1 and 15 and draft Trevor Lawrence.

My body is ready and my soul is protected by Tua

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
"Well, uh, the kid [Stidham] forgot it was a home game and the Bills away uniforms look like ours, so that's why he handed the ball off to a DT. Anyways, we're onto Houston. ... [inaudible] Oh, also, our entire starting defense contracted mono."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Looking forward to Belicheck putting a bounty on Mahomes live in a press conference so he can have a year off suspended