Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Kaboobi posted:

not legally but if you obtain the files you can convert them to CONs using the C3 CON tools and they'll work like customs

Is there a program or something I can use to just rip them from my own discs so I don't have to find a download? I can't do that from the C3 tools as far as i can tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

almost bit the bullet on a $230 guitar with my trumpbux but thought better of it at the last checkout screen

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Stan Taylor posted:

Is there a program or something I can use to just rip them from my own discs so I don't have to find a download? I can't do that from the C3 tools as far as i can tell.

not as far as I know

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Super No Vacancy posted:

almost bit the bullet on a $230 guitar with my trumpbux but thought better of it at the last checkout screen

buy a wooden strat replica and join the cool kids club

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

I've wanted one of those wooden ones for like a decade plus and eventually I just painted my original rb1 strat to look like wood

It's based on Jerry Garcia's alligator

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Today’s mildly amusing thing is that they’re temporarily pulling the Lizzo song because they forgot to censor the n-word in it.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

typical boston

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Somehow I only saw The Strokes song this week and did not know about Lizzo so thank you for posting about their censorship gaffe. Slam-buying Juice as soon as I can.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ok i ordered a guitar. kinda wanna get a mic stand and poo poo so i can do both but i’ll wait i guess. turns out i have just about 500 songs total

is the crew gimmick full of active people still

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Apr 28, 2020

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

where are the cool kids buying new peripherals

i busted out my ps3 guitar hero controller after a six year hiatus and it turns out that it did not survive three moves intact; had a great time in spite of me literally holding the thing together and it dropping inputs like crazy

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i dont think there are new ones outside of what you see on amazon

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Best bet is to check facebook marketplace near you. Most of the listings on ebay/online are super inflated. I got a decent deal on a full band set on mercari late last year but I had been keeping an eye out. Good luck!

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

nobody is dumb enough to make plastic guitars so Facebook marketplace and eBay alerts are your best bet unfortunately

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Anyone have any idea how easy it would be to fix a wooden strat that had a fret pop off in a move that I can't find now?

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Pops Mgee posted:

Anyone have any idea how easy it would be to fix a wooden strat that had a fret pop off in a move that I can't find now?

Unless you can find a replacement fret to buy, a 3D printer may be your only solution. Don't bother trying to scavenge one off of plastic ones because their necks are more narrow.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Born to Be Wild tomorrow :siren:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

impossible to get my computer to recognize the guitar connected by usb for more than like 3 seconds anybody have any tips for making firmware update work

edit nvm the third mini usb i tried seems to have worked

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 7, 2020

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
how am I the only person that has played in ps4 crew for weeks??? is no one else quarantined at home with gently caress all to do but play rock band?? am i doing this wrong?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Is there anyone who is working on a RB3 replacement for PC? Or is there a 360 emulator that is even remotely close to handling the task? I live in constant fear that my disk is going to die and I’ll be without all my customs forevermore. :/

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

phase shift sucks, clone hero doesn’t have vocals, and RB4 didn’t hit their funding goal so they didn’t make it

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Is there anyone who is working on a RB3 replacement for PC? Or is there a 360 emulator that is even remotely close to handling the task? I live in constant fear that my disk is going to die and I’ll be without all my customs forevermore. :/

Install your game to hard drive.
Beyond that you are probably better off buying a RGH 360 before we start talking about crazy workarounds like emulators and sourceports.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

kumba posted:

how am I the only person that has played in ps4 crew for weeks??? is no one else quarantined at home with gently caress all to do but play rock band?? am i doing this wrong?

I hurt my wrist playing guitar a while back and haven't felt like playing much since then. Sorry :(

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

kumba posted:

I've tried but sometimes real life gets in the way. It has been hard to find time to play any games at all due to dumb crap.

Also I'm trying to have a baby and that is more fun than RB4.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

~Coxy posted:

Install your game to hard drive.
Beyond that you are probably better off buying a RGH 360 before we start talking about crazy workarounds like emulators and sourceports.

Installing game to hard drive still doesn’t work if the disk dies. It needs to read it initially on boot...
If it does die, seems a mod chip is the way to go for now then, I guess.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Can’t you just buy another disc? I know only the one version works but it seems like there are more discs out there than instruments.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Stan Taylor posted:

Can’t you just buy another disc? I know only the one version works but it seems like there are more discs out there than instruments.

Not in my little corner of the world.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Installing game to hard drive still doesn’t work if the disk dies. It needs to read it initially on boot...

Sure, but the disk is unlikely to die if it's only ever being used to validate GOD and then goes idle.
Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.
But if we say that discs die from "bit rot" (random unrecoverable read errors) then reading the preamble for GOD purposes should be the last thing to be affected.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kaboobi posted:

phase shift sucks, clone hero doesn’t have vocals, and RB4 didn’t hit their funding goal so they didn’t make it

Clone Hero is good for the guitar at least, I wish it had a Rock Band skin though because I have the bars ingrained far more than the GH gems. (I converted over somebody's charting of the Against Me! album Transgender Dysphoria Blues for CH for my own use.)

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

clone hero's adding drums and supposedly pro drum support is coming sooner rather than later, and that's been a good enough substitute for someone whose xbone ate the dust.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

sleepwalkers posted:

clone hero's adding drums and supposedly pro drum support is coming sooner rather than later, and that's been a good enough substitute for someone whose xbone ate the dust.

unfortunately it uses the terrible GH star power activation method :(

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

If it's good enough for Jason Paradise it's good enough for me

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
All the clone games seem super janky, full of bad meme charts, and like they''re geared for solo play. The biggest draw for me is still the local multiplayer.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

I'm primarily a vocals player but I haven't touched rb3 or 4 in months because it's so much more convenient to just play guitar in clone hero. It also has 6 fret support which is the second most fun way to play rb/gh after vocals imvho

And you can avoid all the meme stuff since it's one click to convert c3 stuff to clone hero

JordanStiva
Jan 14, 2015

Kaboobi posted:

phase shift sucks

Man, you weren't kidding. I've been trying it over the last couple of days and if it's not a gigantic struggle to get things calibrated properly and have the highway not stutter constantly, it seems near impossible to actually keep a combo going because, even with the custom Rock Band theme, the actual gems are a mess.

Box of Frogs
Feb 12, 2012
I sent a request to join Team Normals on PS4. I used to be in but I guess I was kicked for inactivity. But! I have my instruments again so I should be pretty active. PSN is DocPotterywood

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Box of Frogs posted:

I sent a request to join Team Normals on PS4. I used to be in but I guess I was kicked for inactivity. But! I have my instruments again so I should be pretty active. PSN is DocPotterywood

oh hey you are like the only person i ever see in normals that also has drum scores (tehfarmer87 here)

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I’ve been not spending a lot of time playing in the Xbox crew, but I have a new drum stool coming in this weekend so I should be more active going forward. Most of my rb time lately has been messing with customs and playing guitar on 3 while I use a stationary bike.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Box of Frogs posted:

You're in. I think I'm gonna start playing again this week too. At least on vocals if nothing else.

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.

Ice To Meet You posted:

You're in. I think I'm gonna start playing again this week too. At least on vocals if nothing else.

This activity in the thread inspired me to bust out the guitar again - you'll see me crap it up as TheMoonAndPrince on there. At least until my fingers start to hurt!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Yeah, we'll try and get some in, especially now that I've marked whose mic is whose.