Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Austin Theory out of position/not knowing a spot? How Dare you

oh

it's even better with the Ultimate Warrior WRESTLEMANIA power-up

https://twitter.com/NikoExxtra/status/1244801896751259648

Hirez fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Austin Theory really took that low rent Flip Gordon comment to heart I see.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Hirez posted:

Austin Theory out of position/not knowing a spot? How Dare you

Not entirely fair to put this on Austin Theory, when Rollins was supposed to trip up Ford and missed his spot.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The game show was so bad one of the worst things since NXT came to TV, El Hijo de Fantasma losing sucks, but I really liked the Mia/Charlotte match was good, Keith Lee match was good. The Drake poo poo is gross as hell but turning off my brain, it was a good match.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

I like how it took over 4 hours after the show ended, and like 6 days since last post for the NXT thread/gdt to get a new post :rip:

Also lol Rick watched NXT

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Sad HHH of failing WWE and owner of bad developmental system has a problem-his N.X.T show is no longer "hot"

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Doubling the amount of content and putting it in direct competition with the hot new show would kill interest? Who knew, right?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Numbers are up since the network days, they just don't post here because they're all in their 60s.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Is the Newlywed Game a more dated reference than the Brady Bunch?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Vagabundo posted:

Not entirely fair to put this on Austin Theory, when Rollins was supposed to trip up Ford and missed his spot.

Wait, are you trying to say that Rollins was supposed to trip Ford, and Ford improvised by doing a flying nothing to the outside? Even with the camera being perfectly placed to catch the dive?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Incessant Excess posted:

Not too get to far into the weeds, but was the segment on NXT a relatively straight parody of the Newlywed Game? Because aside from the in-title Brady Bunch reference, Bubbly Bunch has kind of explicitly been timely twitter meme references, with the TikTok stuff (sorry, FlimFlam) and now the stunt scene video. Like on pure name value alone it's a pretty dead heat, but content-wise Bubbly Bunch has been shockingly on the pulse.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Astro7x posted:

Wait, are you trying to say that Rollins was supposed to trip Ford, and Ford improvised by doing a flying nothing to the outside? Even with the camera being perfectly placed to catch the dive?

The plan, as I understand it, is that Ford was going to go for that flippy dive to the outside but Rollins was going to stop him by tackling him or going for a stomp or whatever it is Rollins does these days. By the time it was clear Rollins missed his spot and wasn't stopping Ford, Ford was too deep into the dive to stop.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lurks With Wolves posted:

The plan, as I understand it, is that Ford was going to go for that flippy dive to the outside but Rollins was going to stop him by tackling him or going for a stomp or whatever it is Rollins does these days. By the time it was clear Rollins missed his spot and wasn't stopping Ford, Ford was too deep into the dive to stop.
how could ford be too deep into the dive, rollins was all the way on the other side of the ring! ford eating poo poo was 100% on ford and no-one else

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Incessant Excess posted:

It's had several reboots. There was one in the 90s and one in the late 00s, if I remember right. Game shows kind of never get too dated because they keep bringing back the popular ones.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Lurks With Wolves posted:

The plan, as I understand it, is that Ford was going to go for that flippy dive to the outside but Rollins was going to stop him by tackling him or going for a stomp or whatever it is Rollins does these days. By the time it was clear Rollins missed his spot and wasn't stopping Ford, Ford was too deep into the dive to stop. To me it looks like Theory went to the Miz school of Catching, and moves out of the way :v:

That's what I read before but I don't believe it, because Montez does his crazy tarzan WRESTLEMANIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shout before he starts running; though it's POSSIBLE since Seth is kinda there; but if that wasn't planned, then Montez is just stupid as gently caress for that being his "guys not in position for a catch" move...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p299-8nH7hk

Hirez fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Apr 30, 2020

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Every sitcom has an episode where they play the Newlywed Game for at least a few minutes.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

ford eating poo poo was 100% on ford and no-one else

I mean, you could blame the restrictive backstage culture that leaves performers unable to deviate from their pre-scrpited actions but whatevs bud, you do you

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

lookin like everyone hosed up in that gif

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
If we're going to talk about Newlywed Game parodies in the NXT thread, how can we forget about Daniel Bryan and EC3 trolling the entire game by cheating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgrZ89g0lVk

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

karmicknight posted:

Not too get to far into the weeds, but was the segment on NXT a relatively straight parody of the Newlywed Game? Because aside from the in-title Brady Bunch reference, Bubbly Bunch has kind of explicitly been timely twitter meme references, with the TikTok stuff (sorry, FlimFlam) and now the stunt scene video. Like on pure name value alone it's a pretty dead heat, but content-wise Bubbly Bunch has been shockingly on the pulse.

I'm not surprised at it being on the social media pulse, they've got Sammy Guevara as part of that crew. I guess it would be surprising in WWE that the younger guy would have that much input, but I'm sure here Sammy is the one telling them what the meme of the week is.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Hirez posted:

I like how it took over 4 hours after the show ended, and like 6 days since last post for the NXT thread/gdt to get a new post :rip:

Also lol Rick watched NXT

gently caress off.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Astro7x posted:

If we're going to talk about Newlywed Game parodies in the NXT thread, how can we forget about Daniel Bryan and EC3 trolling the entire game by cheating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgrZ89g0lVk

"What can I most improve on? Chicks and America"

Slightly more seriously, still can't believe how poorly WWE is doing empty arena stuff. Comedy doesn't like dead air, don't do it that way.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its weird to remember that NXT started as like 4 seasons of a really bad wrestling game show.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Tough Enough 2.0

Man 6 seasons of Tough Enough, and all they seem to have made was JoMo and The Miz outta like 100 people.

WWE sure has a good eye for talent....

e: There's probably a few more, Ryback I just noticed, and prolly some current nxt'ers whose shoot names I don't know :shrug:

e2: lol Marty Wright, who lied about his age during the auditions and was disqualified, later signed with WWE and competed as The Boogeyman.

Hirez fucked around with this message at 23:10 on May 1, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kenny King and Matt Morgan too technically. And Mandy Rose I guess. And Josh Matthews and Jessie Ward had careers in the business outside the ring.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I wonder if Ford could have done a different move to have lessen the damage like Generico's old fakeout.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Its weird to remember that NXT started as like 4 seasons of a really bad wrestling game show.

Yeah, but then we got the 5th season, and it was totally worth it.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Vagabundo posted:

Yeah, but then we got the 5th season, and it was totally worth it.

Yeah, NXT: Redemption unironically lived up to it's title. Shame it just became FCW after that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

STAC Goat posted:

Kenny King and Matt Morgan too technically. And Mandy Rose I guess. And Josh Matthews and Jessie Ward had careers in the business outside the ring.

Velveteen Dream and Sonya Deville too

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The most notable name from S1 of Tough Enough is probably Chris Nowinski.

Maven dropped off the radar and there were some really sad stories about him being on drugs and destitute, but apparently he was an executive with the Brooklyn Nets until recently, so he's probably doing OK now.

Season 5 of Tough Enough (the first of Tough Enough 2.0's seasons) had Marty The Moth from Lucha Underground, and Ivelisse Velez, and that's really about it. The season also featured Matt Cross, but he was already an established indy name anyway, wasn't he?

Oh, and one of the Funkadaktyls (remember them?), whom I think was the one who's favourite match was Melina vs Alicia Fox.

The last season, other than the names already mentioned, also had Chelsea Green from NXT.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Vagabundo posted:

Season 5 of Tough Enough (the first of Tough Enough 2.0's seasons) had Marty The Moth from Lucha Underground, and Ivelisse Velez, and that's really about it. The season also featured Matt Cross, but he was already an established indy name anyway, wasn't he?

He was established and it was his downfall. Initially he wrestled like he would in the Indies, so he got pulled aside because he shouldn't show off his skills too much. So he decided to tone it down and then got thrown out by Austin because he wasn't showing off his skills enough.

This was also the season where they rejected Austin Aries' application because he's too short.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Is Valveeta Dream still in NXT or has he been cancelled?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
He’s getting a title shot and is therefore innocent

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Nidia enjoyed a decent career too. Ryback was in season 4 too.

And uh... Nicky from Spirit Squad I guess.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I was gonna say Kross and Scarlett have a good entrance, but then she started lip syncing.

The fog is still pretty cool.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Codependent Poster posted:

I was gonna say Kross and Scarlett have a good entrance, but then she started lip syncing.

The fog is still pretty cool.

Theres just too much stuff going on in their entrance. Her chanting the whole Fall and Pray thing would probably be enough.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Germansimp posted:

He was established and it was his downfall. Initially he wrestled like he would in the Indies, so he got pulled aside because he shouldn't show off his skills too much. So he decided to tone it down and then got thrown out by Austin because he wasn't showing off his skills enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9pePpxU58M

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Io being a tweener right now is a good place for her, though eventually when put in front of crowds, she's gonna get cheered over Rhea.

But she was definitely working face against Charlotte, who should be a heel.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I guess I'm glad they didn't pin Io, which would be the only other realistic thing WWE would do at this point, but that match really deserved a better finish.

One of the reasons I'm so out on Charlotte is that her matches started to get pretty bad a couple years ago, but since crowds went away it feels like she's back to the person who was a pretty good worker, which is weird.

Loomis being a face is pretty funny. Kushida was good. Johnny vs . . . I'm not going to learn how to spell his name . . . . was good.

Rick fucked around with this message at 09:32 on May 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Did they find a stash of old Alexa gear for Chelsea or something?