Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Spartanburg is in the US, they are still offering going there to pick up your x whatever that you'll use to take Jeremy to lacrosse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Residency Evil posted:

Would the X7 qualify for Euro delivery anyway? Aren't those built in the US?

I feel as an auto enthusiast, I was born about 5 years too late.

yeah that's why you go to spartanburg

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

yeah that's why you go to spartanburg

I guess you can do a track day there before you...uh, get to 95 and head home, I guess.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I don't care how dumb it looks when it hauls like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPEUqTU_xfs

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Hey BMW thread, mind if I ask a dumb question? My nephew just bought an 04 745 LI for like $2800, from a "friend". He's had it less than a few weeks. It had a transmission light on "because it doesn't have traction control" when he bought it, and a brand new battery. After his first fillup it did this:

That's all I know so far, any clues where to go from here? Unfortunately he's 1000 miles away from me so I can't do anything but give advisory texts. The dealership of course wants $300 to hook it up, I told him to shop for an indy. Do you guys know of any obvious "Oh yeah it's the ABS module" kinds of things or are we on our own?

Should I tell him to kick his friend in the nards and make him buy it back?

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

"cheap" E65 - :hellyeah:

He needs something that can read BMW extended codes and learn to wrench. Or start dating a BMW mechanic.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

LloydDobler posted:

Hey BMW thread, mind if I ask a dumb question? My nephew just bought an 04 745 LI for like $2800, from a "friend". He's had it less than a few weeks. It had a transmission light on "because it doesn't have traction control" when he bought it, and a brand new battery. After his first fillup it did this:

That's all I know so far, any clues where to go from here? Unfortunately he's 1000 miles away from me so I can't do anything but give advisory texts. The dealership of course wants $300 to hook it up, I told him to shop for an indy. Do you guys know of any obvious "Oh yeah it's the ABS module" kinds of things or are we on our own?

Just pull the fuse that's powering that component and strap the seat belt in tight

WEEEEEEE

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

KillHour posted:

I don't care how dumb it looks when it hauls like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPEUqTU_xfs

Haulin’ no doubt.

The sound of the shifts are quite similar to that of the X3M, wonder if it’s the same ZF auto?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

LloydDobler posted:

For some reason, my two most visited SA forum threads are the BMW thread in AI and the BWM thread in BFC.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I suggest that he start running a winxp virtual machine on a laptop, that he download INPA and the other various available BMW diagnostic softwares, and that he buy a cord himself. he should be able to get all that going for some time and like twenty bucks and he will use it A LOT.

if he balks at doing that tell him to kick his friend in the balls and give it back.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

thealphabetsez posted:

Haulin’ no doubt.

The sound of the shifts are quite similar to that of the X3M, wonder if it’s the same ZF auto?

Doesn't everybody on the planet use that ZF auto now?

BMW said it will still be available in a RWD / manual config if you want it that way. I will not be getting that, unfortunately, because my girlfriend can't drive stick and this needs to be her daily.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

have her learn. my wife is now even more of a manual hardo than i am. she is pissed we can't get an e wagon with a stick.

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

thealphabetsez posted:

Same engine, same trans, very likely the same tuning.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

SlapActionJackson posted:

Same engine, same trans, very likely the same tuning.

Tuning is probably different due to different body styles, aero, weights, etc but yeah the rest is the same.

ausgezeichnet
Sep 18, 2005

In my country this is definitely not offensive!
Nap Ghost

LloydDobler posted:

Your Nephew is just one idiot light away from BMW Yahtzee (every one lit up). Also, that car is worth exactly the 18.5 gallons of gas it has in it.

See if he can get it to an Autozone or something that can read out the codes for him (and clear what will allow it), though I imagine that the multitude of faults listed might not give a clear indication of what needs repairing. Maybe so. Worth a try, though.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Next up in "What is going on with E9X M3 prices" is this: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2011-bmw-m3-88/

A 2011 space grey comp pack DCT E92 with carbon roof. Seems decent. Has had a repainted fender, 39K miles, very clean looking.

Sold for $40,250. with a ~$2000 buyers premium attached.

I know I have said that it would take a lot of money for me to consider parting with my E90 which I would say is objectively better than what this guy just sold. If some idiot came wagging forty two grand in my face right now I would probably do something stupid. There is just such a massive valley on the values of these cars that it is a bit of a moving target to catch. It leaves me very confused. Seriously, take a look at the past auctions: https://bringatrailer.com/bmw/e90-e92-m3/

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
The buyer is definitely smoking crack at that price

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
When is BMW going to release an X5 Texas Edition?

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

Cojawfee posted:

When is BMW going to release an X5 Texas Edition?

I think we need to increase our national BMI a few more points before we unlock that content

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

KillHour posted:

Doesn't everybody on the planet use that ZF auto now?

BMW said it will still be available in a RWD / manual config if you want it that way. I will not be getting that, unfortunately, because my girlfriend can't drive stick and this needs to be her daily.

0 interest. I tried to teach her and she was fine in the parking lot, but as soon as we came to a stop sign, she panicks, stalls the car and starts crying. I've never been able to convince her to try again.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Do the rear seats on the F30 fold down, or is it just a ski passthrough?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

flightless greeb posted:

I think we need to increase our national BMI a few more points before we unlock that content

COVID-19 did that for us.

The M4 looked rad as hell in that video.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

blk posted:

Do the rear seats on the F30 fold down, or is it just a ski passthrough?

Folding rear seats are an optional extra so depends on the car.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Folding rear seats are an optional extra so depends on the car.

I'm pretty sure they're standard on the F80 so that might carry over? In the US at least? I know they were always part of an options package in previous generations so it's still very possible you need the winter package or some poo poo.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
they are hiding the vile snout on that new M4 with wrap, which is what any new owner should also immediately do.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/s54-powered-bmw-330i-zhp-6-speed/
This is like... perfection.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

It’s not blue, but yeah it’s like 99% perfection

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Good colour but it could do with an LS really

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
20k lmao

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

idk who is spending 20k on a frankem3

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Ima guess it'll go for 35k

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

Maybe Im dumb as hell but why not just get an E46 M3 instead of that

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
4 door supremacy

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

flightless greeb posted:

Because M3’s with 4 doors rule.

So that dude basically should have just bought an E90 M3.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
This is the 4 door M3 that never existed and therefore rules

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

Ive never owned a coupe in my life but I just cant get excited about that thing for the money!! If it was a wagon then Perchance

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

flightless greeb posted:

Believe it or not, I had no idea that there were no E46 M3 sedans until that posting.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Next up in "What is going on with E9X M3 prices" is this: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2011-bmw-m3-88/

A 2011 space grey comp pack DCT E92 with carbon roof. Seems decent. Has had a repainted fender, 39K miles, very clean looking.

Sold for $40,250. with a ~$2000 buyers premium attached.

I know I have said that it would take a lot of money for me to consider parting with my E90 which I would say is objectively better than what this guy just sold. If some idiot came wagging forty two grand in my face right now I would probably do something stupid. There is just such a massive valley on the values of these cars that it is a bit of a moving target to catch. It leaves me very confused. Seriously, take a look at the past auctions: https://bringatrailer.com/bmw/e90-e92-m3/

This is encouraging for those of us with nearly-identical little deuce coupes with the carbon roof, in Space Grey Metallic, and have 35k miles on it currently.... but still. Wow. That's pretty steep even for as clean as this is.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

The pitch

Bape Culture posted:

Good colour but it could do with an LS really

And it’s an outa the park homer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

fknlo posted:

I'm pretty sure they're standard on the F80 so that might carry over? In the US at least? I know they were always part of an options package in previous generations so it's still very possible you need the winter package or some poo poo.

Don’t know about the US, but mine is a late F30 LCI and does not have folding seats.

That and the lack of lumbar support are the only two things I dislike about my car tbh.