Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Goddamn, how is Chris so dumb. I know his greatest achievement is literally punching through a boulder, but I feel bad for the guy getting clowned on so constantly by Lucas. I assume the ending reveals the second half of the title, "...Just A Chump"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I got Revelations on the Switch so I played it with a classic controller and it was a lot of fun. I did play some kinda demo or something on the 3DS and it was miserable though.

Code Veronica is going to be a difficult game to modernize for a number of reasons.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Captain Hygiene posted:

Goddamn, how is Chris so dumb. I know his greatest achievement is literally punching through a boulder, but I feel bad for the guy getting clowned on so constantly by Lucas. I assume the ending reveals the second half of the title, "...Just A Chump"
He is incredibly lucky despite his incompetence at keeping any of his teams alive and following orders, that it is hand waved any time a new team of red shirts need a leader.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Those guys were probably lost from the start in this case, but I feel like Leon at least would've gotten in some solid burns along the way. "Well if you're tired of playing games, maybe you should get a job" *flips hair out of eyes*

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Honestly I'm trying to think of which RE character has the best luck with supporting cast. Usually they're lucky to come out of it with one side character alive and sometimes not even then.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

ImpAtom posted:

Honestly I'm trying to think of which RE character has the best luck with supporting cast. Usually they're lucky to come out of it with one side character alive and sometimes not even then.

Jill and the Revelations cast is probably the best on this front.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
We will never know what happened to Billy “Motherfuckin” Coen.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ImpAtom posted:

the burtons leave resident evil revelations 2 with more support characters alive than they started with.

claire leaves resident evil revelations 2 with basically all of her co-workers dead, so its kind of a give and take there.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

the burtons leave resident evil revelations 2 with more support characters alive than they started with.

claire leaves resident evil revelations 2 with basically all of her co-workers dead, so its kind of a give and take there.

Does it count when one of the support characters is secretly dead and possessed?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

blackguy32 posted:

Yeah, it's Jill and it isn't close. Chris even lost a playable subordinate.

Leon's got the unique issue where most of his expendable red shirts were off-camera: Mike the pilot, the other guys Saddler had shot down, the team he loses before Vendetta starts, etc.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

ImpAtom posted:

Does it count when one of the support characters is secretly dead and possessed?

Technically that makes her *two* Burtons for the price of one.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

With all rocks and papers vanquished, they turn on eachother...

ErrEff posted:

This final boss in Revelations sucks.

I liked it on normal, but on inferno mode it was absurd. It's actually pretty similar to RE3r's last boss where all the sudden you need to perfectly dodge in order to survive whereas that was never required before (but with an added element of extreme bullet sponge.) The game also first came out at the height of Breaking Bad-mania, so the boss resembling Bryan Cranston so much made it amusing.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm kinda liking it. It's weird, the best part of RE7 proper was the furthest it got from the post-4 games, but it also feels pretty great to jump right in as hyper-competent* Chris and just start punching fungus zombies' heads off. I guess the moral is, I don't know what the hell the franchise really is, or what I want from it.

I thought it was a fun remix of RE5 and RE7, but it was frustrating that none of the RE7 dlcs are just more RE7. I wanted more scary-rear end FPS/survival horror gameplay. The Baker estate is legit the most frightened a game has ever made me, so the DLCs all being injected with action was a bummer. That's not to say they're bad though. End of Zoey is incredibly batshit and I love it. It was also nice to get some closure on Lucas.

blackguy32 posted:

I think most people that love it only played it on the consoles. Ive never touched the 3DS version.

It was the best-looking 3DS game by a mile and I don't remember it playing poorly, but it's been ages.

blackguy32 posted:

Everyone survives that game somehow. It's hilarious how little sense it makes. Jill's fat partner gets shot and falls into an inferno on a sinking ship but he's just fine.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Leon managed to get alternate universe himself and if we accept Gaiden as cannon a copy of himself killed. Hes so bad he cant even keep himself alive

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Leon just knows that there can be only one.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Barudak posted:

Leon managed to get alternate universe himself and if we accept Gaiden as cannon a copy of himself killed. Hes so bad he cant even keep himself alive

what

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

In Resident Evil Gaiden, it's implied in the ending that Leon is dead and the Leon you've been travelling around with is the shapeshifting BOW.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Mr. Fortitude posted:

In Resident Evil Gaiden, it's implied in the ending that Leon is dead and the Leon you've been travelling around with is the shapeshifting BOW.

This explains a lot about RE4

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Yeah, but even if it was canon, the "proof" of that is The Thing-style green blood. You see a lot of Leon's blood in RE4 and it's all red.

So... so very red.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Wasn't the identifying thing in The Thing that the blood tries to run away if you put a hot wire in it or something like that? So he might still be an alien clone.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

This explains a lot about RE4

I believe the ending was meant to foreshadow an earlier build of RE4 actually but it was declared non-canon soon after release so, yeah.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I just found out that Jack has a special voice line for it if he is in the room and can see you while you escape down that hatch in the dining room at the beginning of RE7. He'll stand there looking down at you and say something to the effect "Yeah, you have fun down there, boy, I'll get back to you later."

I'm not sure how many people ever even saw that, it requires a pretty specific situation. There is so much detail in that game. :allears:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

lmao ok.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Cardiovorax posted:

I just found out that Jack has a special voice line for it if he is in the room and can see you while you escape down that hatch in the dining room at the beginning of RE7. He'll stand there looking down at you and say something to the effect "Yeah, you have fun down there, boy, I'll get back to you later."

I'm not sure how many people ever even saw that, it requires a pretty specific situation. There is so much detail in that game. :allears:

I got that line on my only play through, because he was right on my rear end. I didn’t really think about how it’d be a little anti climactic to just sneak down there without him breathing down your neck.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Yeah, it's really the more atmospheric ending to that chase. I only ever got the leg chopping scene, which I think is what happens when he's too close to you while you try to unlock the trap door. I didn't think that there were even more ways for that encounter to go, so it certainly surprised me.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Cardiovorax posted:

I’m quite partial to "I'm gon' squash you like a bug. Oooh, hope Marguerite didn't hear that. "

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I like RE3 remake but the longer I've had it around, it doesn't CALL to me like RE2 remake did so I'm starting to see why people were let down with it. I like how it's more visceral and you feel more powerful. Wrecking poo poo is fun after the cinder block headed zombies in the last game but it's way too linear.

People have said you can kill every enemy in RE2R with no unlocks and...well...if you say so. I feel like too much of that game is spent running and avoiding things so RE3R scratched that "gently caress you zombies" itch for me but RE3R lacks the immediate desire to do it again only smarter this time element. That, along with no A/B scenarios just sort of sapped any sense of immediacy to run through it again.

The shop is cool and I like that but it's missing that maze element that RE2R had.

And gently caress me. RE4 on the wii ...the controls are seriously loving with me. This is gonna be an adjustment and a new lesson in muscle memory because I'm firing shots into the ceiling and just...drat. Cool playing it with my son and watching him see it through fresh eyes though even though I'm playing like a complete spaz. I've forgotten more than I remember about it but I sure don't recall a chainsaw guy being able to get into the houses at the start in the village. Did they change it up for the wii because I though chainsaws came after you opened a certain gate.

I made it as far as finding a shotgun before getting my head sawed off.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

BiggerBoat posted:

As is tradition

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

And gently caress me. RE4 on the wii ...the controls are seriously loving with me. This is gonna be an adjustment and a new lesson in muscle memory because I'm firing shots into the ceiling and just...drat. Cool playing it with my son and watching him see it through fresh eyes though even though I'm playing like a complete spaz. I've forgotten more than I remember about it but I sure don't recall a chainsaw guy being able to get into the houses at the start in the village. Did they change it up for the wii because I though chainsaws came after you opened a certain gate.

The controls on the Wii version are great once you learn the nuance of them.

As for chainsaw guy, you're not entirely wrong. He can appear both if you enter the big house (triggered by a cutscene) and at the gate (no cutscene, he's just standing there).

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

If you do it the correct way you can get TWO chainsaw guys in the first house, since the guy at the gate is separate from the one that appears in the cutscene. Gets you I think a cool 10K each? if you kill both.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i thought the wii controls were so precise the game was thought of as like trivially easy on the wii

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

It is, but also very fun.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

rabidsquid posted:

i thought the wii controls were so precise the game was thought of as like trivially easy on the wii

Yeah, well...that wii has been sitting there unused for the last decade and I'm not used to it. I have NO muscle memory with it aside from poo poo like golf and bowling and am also locked in on RE2 and RE3 on xbox reflex wise.. What I'm saying is that I suck and hope you're right because I got loving wrecked in the village.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

AHA! *doesn't see you run out immediatly* ....drat

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
See, this is why I don't get people bashing the absurdity of Alice running down a loving building when the games have just as many absolutely insane and campy things about them too

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

With all rocks and papers vanquished, they turn on eachother...

RealFoxy posted:

See, this is why I don't get people bashing the absurdity of Alice running down a loving building when the games have just as many absolutely insane and campy things about them too

The real absurdity in that movie was Zack Ward playing a Russian and Oded Fehr playing a Mexican.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

What are the chances of the RE4 remake having inventory tetris? I was just thinking about how that's such an indelible part of the original, but it would have to be kind of a big zag in mechanics now that we're just cranking through games built on the same core engine that kind of skip around a huge part of the original development cycle.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
The recent games do not shy away from aggressive inventory management so they won't ignore it at least.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

There was a lot of inventory anxiety in 7 & the 2 remake (which looks the same as 3 from what I've seen), but it mostly felt like a numbers game to me, even with a couple big weapons taking up two spots. RE4's expanding suitcase with items taking up 2D space felt so different that they completely changed the flow, I'm just curious if that's something the devs will take the time to bother with it given an existing setup.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I just let my suitcase auto shuffle and it was only ever an issue like once. It was such a non-feature to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

There is a lot to criticize about those movies, but the over the top action really isn't it, no.