Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
edit: Found some! write.as and micro.blog both seem promising.

So I am looking hard for something that let's me share shower-thoughts and maybe also draft chapters of my books. Because I am neurotic it really does have to satisfy all of the below requirements:

Anonymous. I am in healthcare and despite not being a whistle-blower I don't want to get into trouble.
Affordable. I am willing to pay but the price of ghost is ridiculous when I am not sure it will be viable.
Non-social. As in not requiring an account for the reader to efficiently read. And that lets me turn off comments.
Not anti-social. Ideally not associated with Nazis or will make friends give me dirty looks. You know who is out.
Actually accepting new accounts. I would have gone with Mastodon but all the good instances are full.
Not imminently about to go offline. Half of these services don't last very long at all. Mastodon's non-full instances seem non-viable.
Somewhat customize-able. Ghost basically forces you to buy themes unless you want to code.
Not requiring tech skills. I am eyeing Wordpress without admiration.
Not going to put me on weird Russian mailing lists. That excludes the Chinese and Russian services.
Not going to track all my activities across the whole web. I am not a millionaire and don't need my YouTube to show me unskippable ads for private islands.
Let's me retain the rights to what I post. I am a writer.

So can anybody help? My cousin works in the Valley and says the above cannot exist. Either it is an expensive product or you yourself are the expensive product being bought for ads.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 05:26 on May 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
What tech skills does Wordpress require that you feel uncomfortable with? I think there are a number of services that will basically do all the lovely parts of hosting Wordpress for you and leave you to just create the content.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Dreamwidth

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

Thank you. I am going to go with something else simply for simplicity's sake. But your suggestion led me to search deeper on Google and find some more promising options I had overlooked entirely.

So I am not sure if I shouldn't still get you an av. You decide if you feel like the answer is yes.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
No need, thanks!

Dreamwidth is pretty cool and nonevil, and it would be way better for people to use than, like, medium.com. But as a livejournal clone it obviously feels pretty dated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
https://www.opendiary.com/
Only one or two major data losses since 2000, but not since 2014.