Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Ytlaya posted:

Was it ever explained why Ohma using advance doesn't just gently caress up his new heart? Was it explained as the Kure teaching him tricks or something?

yeah he learned how to properly use it right before the final fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

please tell me theres kengan this week

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

frajaq posted:

please tell me theres kengan this week
Yep.
Raws within the hour, chapter in 23 hours or so.

However, next week is golden week.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Rereading the end of ka and I think the fang Vs gensai fight is probably the best manga martial arts fight made

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Jose posted:

Rereading the end of ka and I think the fang Vs gensai fight is probably the best manga martial arts fight made

:hai:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Jose posted:

I genuinely don't think there's a hyper panel than "The Dragon Shot...Misfires"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

That manga was just packed full of sick shots. Rei charging into Gensai's fist and ramping in the process and crashing into the floor owned.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Jose posted:

The whole "predict what the guys going to do before he does it and vice versa and it goes on and on" poo poo is a pretty ancient trope as far as martial arts fiction goes, but Kengan is one of the few times where I don't just roll my eyes and imagine making a jacking off motion when it happens

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Oh Snapple! posted:

There's so many hype panels though! I am really fond of the end of chapter HAMMER OF BURMA

Also I really like how crazed Wakatsuki looked like at the end of the fight with Julius, like it took everything out of him (even though I don't think Wakatsuki's that interesting overall)

Gaolong coming into the ring to fight Fang is great too, those black wisps were just oomph

Kengan is good guys

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

RareAcumen posted:

That manga was just packed full of sick shots. Rei charging into Gensai's fist and ramping in the process and crashing into the floor owned.

WORLD'S FASTEST MAN, DELIVERING THE WORLD'S FASTEST KNEE KICK

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Gensai as a castle. Fishing Grandpa's whaling shot. Okaba getting cleavered. Great poo poo all over the place.

ugusername
Jul 5, 2013

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Really loved this page too while reading through the first time.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Jun's 2 tournament fights are up there for me.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Speaking of cool fights

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Jun's 2 tournament fights are up there for me.

Same. The Powerbomb and body slam from his sumo fight. And the entire Muteba fight are just great. It's a real shame Seki isn't fighting in this tournament because every time he's on screen I know there's going to be a great show.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Takamura, take notes

Also, referees in fancy outfits! I hope someone gets a snazzy suit coming up

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Didn't even see the update. Is Carlos the Kaioh Kaku of Kengan Omega?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The fight is amazing and all but the Purgatory referee is even more amazing.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, ngl that's one very pretty lady rocking very sweet outfit. :hai:

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Apr 30, 2020

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

We got a flashback opener. And this guy probably has two or three in reserve for the fight. GAOLONG is in trouble.

We need fishing grandpa to save him

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
and we're back to the good stuff. This manga delivers

I do wonder if they'll reference Gaolang's previously broken fist or if doctor fixed it

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
This guy is gonna lose because Kengan rules dictate that you do not min max if you want to get anywhere

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
its going to be revealed Carlos is no longer a boxer but a wizard that only knows the "break nose" spell

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
I'm so glad this series is being done by Hokuto no Gun, they really do it justice. The typesetting in particular is unreal.

Oh Snapple! posted:

That whole chapter may be the hypest chapter ever.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
all of Gensai's fights are rad as hell

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gaolang could take this one but it all depends on how long Carlos has been fighting in Purgatory. If he's been there for a while then even his Muay Thai won't be enough to take him down either.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i vaguely recall that gaolang's big twist in ka was that he did not switch to muay thai under duress. he stuck with boxing to the bitter end. did that actually happen?

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i vaguely recall that gaolang's big twist in ka was that he did not switch to muay thai under duress. he stuck with boxing to the bitter end. did that actually happen?

Halfway there! He did switch, and everyone expected him to switch to Muay Thai, but he switched to something "beyond Muay Thai." Going off memory, was it...lethwei?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

He doesn't commit to using Muay Thai as he still retains an emphasis on boxing punches. Really, he's using something more akin to Muay Mat.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
https://mangadex.org/title/19600/danberu-nan-kiro-moteru

Danberu-posting because kengan cross over in ch88. Is it finally time for Hibiki to learn some martial arts at the temple Gensai trained at?!?

of course not

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

so the opening to the current fight is sort of the opposite to the gaolang's first fight in ashura

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
https://mangadex.org/chapter/882698/1

New chapter still boxing.

I dunno, I'm not sure about Actually I'm also a master of other fighting style your famous for thing.

Caidin fucked around with this message at 14:37 on May 7, 2020

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Capoeira right?

I hope Gaolong steals more of Kaneda's shtick.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

Hypocrisy posted:

Capoeira right?

I hope Gaolong steals more of Kaneda's shtick.

That's totally a ginga that Carlos is doing in the final panel so I'd say yes.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

bullshit

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I really want Tekken x Kengan

I would settle for Ohma DLC in Tekken 7

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Andrew Lime
Oct 9, 2012
As much as I love the concept of a mexican boxer-capoeira fighter, really wish there could have been a Brazilian to fill that role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I'm gonna assume this guy is a Wu since he has the characteristic dark eyes and also a vaguely Chinese-lookin' outfit.

Okay so I was right about this dude being a Wu.