Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

all i play is doom now since there aren't going to be new videogames anymore

syche the hit doom 2 megawad - i haven't played this for a couple years so i turned it on again. i played uv mostly pistol start and wasn't having too much trouble and remembered it being harder. tHEn i got to map 23 or 24 and the difficulty spiked a lot, kind of forgot how much harder episode 3 is compared to the rest. good wad pack tho. i kind of hate map 30 its too big sort of a sour note to go out on but you can always warp to the secret levels, which you should. and the speedrun level is cool in theory but kind of obnoxious and apparently depending on your source port you have less than 30 seconds to complete oops.

sigil - john romero is going to make you walk down narrow paths with hurt floors on both sides and youre going to fall off because you got hit by a lost soul. and put weapons you absolutely need to finish the level behind secrets so fugg pistol starting this poo poo bro i just had to kill a baron with a pistol why john why. the levels are actually pretty cool tbh, besides all the hurt floors, and old school doom secrets which is what he was going for so thats cool whatever. the cyberdemon labyrinth was pretty cute and clever, so i felt extra good when i got to shove some bfg orbs down his face in map 8. kind of weird playing doom 1 only enemies, a tiny room with a couple cacodemons and a baron of hell is pretty tense when you only have 20 shells and a little bit of chain gun and NOOOO ssg. i miss revenants and archviles but i DO NOT miss pain elementals. good midi soundtrack and the new textures like the flesh walls. maybe those aren't new idr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

mysterious loyall X posted:

all i play is doom now since there aren't going to be new videogames anymore

syche the hit doom 2 megawad - i haven't played this for a couple years so i turned it on again. i played uv mostly pistol start and wasn't having too much trouble and remembered it being harder. tHEn i got to map 23 or 24 and the difficulty spiked a lot, kind of forgot how much harder episode 3 is compared to the rest. good wad pack tho. i kind of hate map 30 its too big sort of a sour note to go out on but you can always warp to the secret levels, which you should. and the speedrun level is cool in theory but kind of obnoxious and apparently depending on your source port you have less than 30 seconds to complete oops.

I had the exact same experience except I'm too much of a noob to actually clear episode 3 on UV.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Kongming posted:

I had the exact same experience except I'm too much of a noob to actually clear episode 3 on UV.

i stopped pistol starting on 23 and 30 is too big and too long to not use saves. my total time was like an hour lol. its very hard

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
15. Untitled Goose Game

:honk:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

In Training posted:

18. Shenmue. Going to start II right away. I loved it.

Good stuff. 2 is epic. I love seeing people who discover and enjoy what Shenmue has to offer.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Final Fantasy VII: Remake

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

king of cards: 100% items and map. i cbf getting the last couple of cards. this was the best of the 4 imo, yacht club rules

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

4. Strange Telephone

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night: Zangetsu mode

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
4++ Kingdom Hearts 3 - ReMind (Secret Episode Clear, Proud Mode)

"None of this makes sense to me." But it will make sense in the next game, when someone tells you about it.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

wondering if 4++ is your list numbering or the title of the game

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

3. Call of Duty 2019. Couple of cool missione but not much more. Gonna play the remade mw2 campaign and see how that goes. Maybe replay max Payne 1 & 2 or Jedi Knight later too

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

amenbrotep posted:

3. Call of Duty 2019. Couple of cool missione but not much more. Gonna play the remade mw2 campaign and see how that goes. Maybe replay max Payne 1 & 2 or Jedi Knight later too

i feel like this guy is just coming in here to step all over my brand

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lmao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

wondering if 4++ is your list numbering or the title of the game

lol

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

trying to jack off posted:

i feel like this guy is just coming in here to step all over my brand

we are only a few days away from the great australian gamer rift

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

9) Halo: Combat Evolved (2P Co-op Legendary, Iron Skull)

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

1. Uncharted Drake’s Fortune - Crushing
2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Crushing
[b]3. Ico - Really charming puzzle game that still holds up imo. Team Ico had such a unique and specific style that all their games are really nice to play. A few small frustrating parts where you needed really precise jumps and the movement is a bit awkward generally making them grating. I think only the piston jump is badly designed because I had to google it as I was certain I’d a switch still to pull but no it is just horrifically designed. Had to restart pretty far back at some saves as I was doing the no continues run but otoh that meant I got the under four hours trophy as knew the puzzles really well by the time I did them without loving up.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1) Hades - First escape.
2) Slay the Spire: A2 Ironclad clear.
2A) Slay the Spire: A3 Ironclad clear.
2B) Slay the Spire: A0 Silent clear.
3) Nioh - Way of the Samurai All non-DLC missions
3a) Nioh - All DLC
4) Nioh 2 - Way of the Samurai
5) Doom Eternal
6) Resident Evil 3 Remake (100% Collectibles, no Item Box, no Healing)
7)FFVIIRM
8) Trials of Mana (2020
9) Streets of Rage 4
10) Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition

It was okay. Expected more of a traditional Metroidvania and less of a really hard platformer. Absolutely Zero desire to go for 100% after beating it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

19. Super Mario Land. I definitely owned this game but never beat it as a kid I think I would get stuck on 4-2, which turned out to be the last level in the game. It kinda blows but its impressive that they made a Mario game on the original GB hardware.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got a score of 228,640 points.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
SML is weird and cool. The controls are awful but in a way that's consistent and can be learned. I beat it in like 20 minutes last year which would have been 8th on the world record leaderboards but they don't allow whatever the macOS GB emulator is. Sad.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The enemy types were as weird as I remembered and I want them in Mario Maker.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In Training posted:

The enemy types were as weird as I remembered and I want them in Mario Maker.

As I kid I always thought the flies were mice with gigantic ears

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

American McGay posted:

SML is weird and cool. The controls are awful but in a way that's consistent and can be learned. I beat it in like 20 minutes last year which would have been 8th on the world record leaderboards but they don't allow whatever the macOS GB emulator is. Sad.

that sounds like you cant do it without using your illegal cheat emulator to me

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

10) Mega Man 11 (Normal)

This game looks and plays great. Definitely going at it again on Superhero.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

American McGay posted:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
drat there's been a lot of progress in the SML speedrunning community since I played last year. Good to see, it deserves it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

20. Super Mario Land 2: The 6 Golden Coins. Delightful game, the momentum took a bit getting used to but the collection of levels is super inventive, there's loads of cool secrets and the enemy reskins in each zone were funny. Wario's Castle is a hosed up spike in difficulty I probably lost 20 lives to this one jump on a one-block wide moving platform. Time to play New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

20. Super Mario Land 2: The 6 Golden Coins. Delightful game, the momentum took a bit getting used to but the collection of levels is super inventive, there's loads of cool secrets and the enemy reskins in each zone were funny. Wario's Castle is a hosed up spike in difficulty I probably lost 20 lives to this one jump on a one-block wide moving platform. Time to play New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

that game is like an ultimate example of letting you do anything in any order means they cant ramp up the difficulty, then whoops final boss time

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Beat the Link’s Awakening remake. Very nice

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

11) 428 Shibuya Scramble

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

As I kid I always thought the flies were mice with gigantic ears

Wiat those were flies!?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

elf help book posted:

Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Thoughts?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i absolutely loved it

its got me wanting to play a bunch of kingdom hearts too lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

i absolutely loved it

its got me wanting to play a bunch of kingdom hearts too lol

a truely terrible cost for playing the worlds greatest videogame final fantasy 7 remake part i

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

12) Mega Man Zero 2 - A Rank

Very sick game, I really loved it. Moving on to 3 for now, but I definitely will come back for the S rank on hard mode some time soon.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

ELF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009