Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Kinda wanna shop Johnny in there too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Heidegger was immediately recognizable as John DiMaggio, so I'm not sure how much water that "unrecognizable VAs" thing holds.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Palmer was also very William Salyers.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Also didn't they snag some A-listers for Kingsglaive?

I actually still don't hear Bender in Heidegger's voice, which is weird because he's usually instantly recognizable to me.

Also maybe it's because I never watched much BB but I generally don't think of "minor character who appears in less than 20% of hit TV show" qualifies as super famous

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The virtual secretary at Shinra HQ immediately made me go "Hey it's Tara Platt doing her Elizabeth voice"

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Ace Transmuter posted:

It has Breaking Bad major character Aaron Paul, as well as Lena Headey and Sean Bean

If you go back far enough, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within had a hell of a cast and, well

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Mena Suvari voiced Aerith in Advent Children and KH2

Rachel Leigh Cook voiced Tifa in Advent Children and loads of other Final Fantasy games

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Ace Transmuter posted:

I actually still don't hear Bender in Heidegger's voice, which is weird because he's usually instantly recognizable to me.

Also maybe it's because I never watched much BB but I generally don't think of "minor character who appears in less than 20% of hit TV show" qualifies as super famous

You can hear bender a little bit in his GYA HA HA but yeah, generally I don't really hear bender in dimaggio's roles, he seems to keep that voice pretty separate.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
when I was fighting air buster I thought “am I being taunted by dr eggman”

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

You can hear bender a little bit in his GYA HA HA but yeah, generally I don't really hear bender in dimaggio's roles, he seems to keep that voice pretty separate.

wakka is absolutely just hawaiian bender though

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

im near the end where im about to jump over the wall

i missed the elemental materia earlier on and the moogle summon, i seem to have locked myself out of ramuh in the previous mission somehow too.

am i just totally screwed out of all the final summons and the elemental materia now? I have one failed side quest early on too

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

you get a chapter select screen after beating the game, nothing is permanently missable

also Ramuh isn’t in this game

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Veib posted:

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

OMG, I just recovered a repressed memory.

I took a DATE to that movie. Also, the audience (myself included) was laughing at a large part of that movie.

Without cheating I remember Donald Sutherland and maybe(?) Alec Baldwin. I can't recall who else.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I mena, Aerith is still played by Maaya Sakamoto in japanese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LfiyVjavvg

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Ainsley McTree posted:

I just heard his voice for Migelo in XII with Heidegger. They’re both pretty close.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Proteus Jones posted:

OMG, I just recovered a repressed memory.

I took a DATE to that movie. Also, the audience (myself included) was laughing at a large part of that movie.

Without cheating I remember Donald Sutherland and maybe(?) Alec Baldwin. I can't recall who else.

I remember going to see that movie when it came out as a 14-year-old Final Fantasy fan and being very confused as to why it was a "Final Fantasy" movie in the first place. Something about setting it on Earth and then not having any characters using magic just made it feel like "Final Fantasy" was tacked on to an unrelated sci-fi movie. They didn't even spell Cid right! Looking back, The Spirits Within does touch on a lot of the same Gaia hypothesis themes that FFVII and IX do, which is the real connection, but still, it was just so... weird.

Also Aki was played by Ming-Na Wen and another character was Steve Buscemi.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I mean it was pretty much Not-Avalanche discovering the concept of the Not-Lifestream. Hell, it even has James Woods as Not-Rufus firing a giant cannon at a massive crater made by a meteor carrying Not-Jenova.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I wish they'd both face- and voicecast Steve Buscemi as Cloud in the remake

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hmm, he would make a good Cid...

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Heidegger sounds exactly like Robot Santa, I love it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Black Griffon posted:

I wish they'd both face- and voicecast Steve Buscemi as Cloud in the remake

How do you do, fellow Cids.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I'm on chapter 18 of hard mode. The end is in sight. Why didn't I beat pride and joy earlier?

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Bwahahahaha holy poo poo you don't die from Self Destruct if you have Warding-Subversion equipped.

Time to :happyelf: the remainder of this Hard Mode run.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

anakha posted:

Bwahahahaha holy poo poo you don't die from Self Destruct if you have Warding-Subversion equipped.

How much damage do you take?

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Gologle posted:

How much damage do you take?

On Barret, I went from an instakill without Warding-Subversion to about 3k damage with it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

anakha posted:

You can also pair it with HP Absorb I think.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Please don't post images like this

I just got flashbacks of GIFT OF THE GODESS dumb apples dumb apples GIFT OF THE GODESS

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

What the actual gently caress is going on with Shiva in the last simulator mission? She's spamming Frost Familiar which basically makes her immortal, and nothing I do makes them go away so that I can hit her with fire.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Thundarr posted:

What the actual gently caress is going on with Shiva in the last simulator mission? She's spamming Frost Familiar which basically makes her immortal, and nothing I do makes them go away so that I can hit her with fire.

They disappear when she uses Blizzaga, and then she'll immediately resummon them. Hit her with Fire in that window.
Alternatively, have Ifrit equipped and summon him when that starts.

Also I gotta say that Barret's Lifesaver ability isn't a joke and is really worth using in hard mode. It's a little bit janky in how it works though - after a split second it means he takes the party member's damage and they get healed for the portion he took, which means it is possible for them to die before he'll 'take' the damage for them.
But Barret with Magnify-Cure will really be able to take a lot of damage and then top everyone back up. Especially if you apply Regen to everyone, having the damage spread like that really helps.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

As is the usual thing, complaining on the internet means I beat it the next try. And somehow one-shot all the rest too despite all the revival earrings breaking early. Almost started to run out of mp right at the end.

Cloud's response to Chadley's denoument just about sums up my feelings too.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Huh, apparently Regen and Poison remove each other.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Moola posted:

Please don't post images like this

I just got flashbacks of GIFT OF THE GODESS dumb apples dumb apples GIFT OF THE GODESS

How about this?

Edit: Missed the spine.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 09:44 on May 8, 2020

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Nice

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
when I'm done with the Hojo lab combat sim, do I have to complete the chapter again to save my progress?

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
No.

Speaking of, that was the only part of the storyline that seemed jarring. Like, you get to ch 16 and suddenly your party is talking about professor hojo before you do the "tour". Up til then he is not mentioned in the story at all, so it seems out of place. Even just a casual mention by the quest guy in ch3 after you fight the escaped dog would have been enough.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

DelphiAegis posted:

No.

Speaking of, that was the only part of the storyline that seemed jarring. Like, you get to ch 16 and suddenly your party is talking about professor hojo before you do the "tour". Up til then he is not mentioned in the story at all, so it seems out of place. Even just a casual mention by the quest guy in ch3 after you fight the escaped dog would have been enough.

Cloud does mention the 'son of a bitch' Hojo in Chapter 14 to try and convince Elmyra that Aerith wasn't safe with Shinra's scientists. This was after the mako holding pens in Chapter 13 triggered his PTSD again, so he was more or less going from memory.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Aren't there some ads or billboards that show all of the Shinra board including Hojo? Or am I thinking of all of the stuff inside the Shinra Building?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Man, they put a lot of effort into this game. I'm doing another playthrough to get extra dresses and such, and so I jumped right to solving a puzzle in one chapter before the had discussed the gate being locked. When I solved it, Aerith was like, "Great job Cloud, way to think ahead!" I can't believe they added extra trivial lines like just for people that would be hurrying through on a second run.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I didn't get my characters level 2 limits the first time round so I went back to the Colosseum on Chapter 14 to get them, please don't tell me I have to do the loving sewer again? I've just saved my progress before it but if I skip to another chapter now will I lose my Level 2 limits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Dell_Zincht posted:

I didn't get my characters level 2 limits the first time round so I went back to the Colosseum on Chapter 14 to get them, please don't tell me I have to do the loving sewer again? I've just saved my progress before it but if I skip to another chapter now will I lose my Level 2 limits?

Nope you're good. You only need to complete the chapter to save sidequests done and story stuff. Items, materia, exp, ect. all save as soon as you get them.