Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Codes are going out now! I got mine and it's downloading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I got my email and the download code box just says "None".

Thanks Platinum! :thumbsup:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

stev posted:

I am holding this up to the people who are actually distributing the codes. I already emailed them asking what is up.

That said, apparently the people with Steam codes are able to play the game right now, though I thought I saw that there was a problem saving.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
posted an SA-Mart thread if anyone has a spare Steam key

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

stev posted:

Same here, I laughed when I saw it.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Would have been funny if it said nope.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

DMCrimson posted:

Same here, I laughed when I saw it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySGMnmiqlss

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Just got another email saying they're working on fixing the problem. I didn't actually believe that they weren't going to fix it but it's nice to get confirmation lol.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Owned by kickstarter yet again

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

It was my actual birthday a few days ago so this feels way too appropriate.

Good news is that they just sent out fixed emails that contain codes.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Just got my code and downloading.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
People are streaming the game on YT right now.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
cool, they gave me a steam key even though I didn't pay for one. because of the Plague. thanks Plague.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Finally got an email for my Steam code...oh wait, they are addressing the Switch backers. Jokes on me.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Huh, my switch copy is playable. I thought that they were supposed to be locked until the actual release date.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Unlucky7 posted:

Huh, my switch copy is playable. I thought that they were supposed to be locked until the actual release date.

yeah, steam says may 19 is the release but it let me start her right up.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So any tips on how to deal with the situation where you are out of dudes or energy? It feels like once you lose momentum it is very hard to get back

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

:siren:

STEAM CODES ARE NOW OUT!!! JUST GOT MINE! TEAM, UNITE UP!

Cant wait to play this classic again! having it both on steam and switch rules!

Unlucky7 posted:

Lol jokes on me for ordering physical for switch lol. Also I think in general people who backed the kickstarter get to play the game two weeks before general release. if the pandemic didnt happen we'd all have our digital and physical copies right now.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 06:59 on May 8, 2020

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Playing through this again with zero load times, 1080p, locked 60fps is like a new game. They did the remaster right. Even the picture in picture stuff is adapted fairly well. There are some other changes I’ve noticed as well, they break out the “mystery bonus” score and there’s a new popup that spells out what level a weapon is at when you unlock a new move. And I don’t think you had to buy multi morphs in the original release.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

They also made it much much more obvious that you should buy dodge and block right away, there’s a huge pop up after the first mission and they only cost 10 parts each now

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Al-Saqr posted:

STEAM CODES ARE NOW OUT!!! JUST GOT MINE! TEAM, UNITE UP!

Cant wait to play this classic again! having it both on steam and switch rules!

Lol jokes on me for ordering physical for switch lol. Also I think in general people who backed the kickstarter get to play the game two weeks before general release. if the pandemic didnt happen we'd all have our digital and physical copies right now.

I did end up with two steam keys. Wish they'd let me swap one for switch.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I redeemed my key but couldn't really download because I was working. I'm downloading now though.

I very much appreciate that the file size of the game isn't as stupid as Metal Gear Rising: Revengance

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Heran Bago posted:

I don't like in Platinum Games games where there enemy clearly telegraphs that they are going to attack, so I press the button, but it turns out I pressed it a little bit too soon so my dodge or roll is finished and I get hit before I can press it again. Then when I almost get used to it, there's an orange version of the same enemy and it happens all over again. Then there's the first enemy again but there's three of them at once and I almost got used to it for the orange enemy so I'm pressing the button too soon and getting tripple punished.
If I do manage to beat the game, it turns out that now the real game starts which is grinding the entire game again to get better grades on my report card.

IMHO all this kicks rear end and is why I play their games

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008

Unlucky7 posted:

So any tips on how to deal with the situation where you are out of dudes or energy? It feels like once you lose momentum it is very hard to get back

I'd also like to know this, and if/how health gets replenished? It seems like sometimes I'll just randomly heal mid-battle and I don't really know what triggers it.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Hell yes I love this game and now I can play it without load times. Backed for a physical switch copy, was planning on getting it on Steam too but now I don't have to worry about that! Installed it on my SSD and I can't even do anything in the combat sim loading screens because they disappear too quickly :v:

It's weird, cause the load times weren't something I really noticed in the Wii U version, but as soon as I started playing on my PC today I noticed how much faster it was, going from like 20-30 second load times to 2-3 seconds. :pcgaming:

mancalamania posted:

I'd also like to know this, and if/how health gets replenished? It seems like sometimes I'll just randomly heal mid-battle and I don't really know what triggers it.

When you level up your max health increases a little and you heal to full. You can also use items with the D-pad to heal and recharge energy if you need it.

Xad fucked around with this message at 08:10 on May 8, 2020

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
The Steam code came in an email from the Yetee for some reason, I almost disregarded it as spam.

Code works though, will play tomorrow morning.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Xad posted:

It's weird, cause the load times weren't something I really noticed in the Wii U version, but as soon as I started playing on my PC today I noticed how much faster it was, going from like 20-30 second load times to 2-3 seconds. :pcgaming:

The ssd is probably helping but I would assume they did some optimizations under the hood since the wii u release.

edit: can't do the training sim stuff myself and I'm on a old hard drive. this game is lightning smooth.

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 08:58 on May 8, 2020

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Holy poo poo you guys this Remaster is incredible, it's lightning fast, zero load times! and looks great!

The new orchestrial 'Won Stoppable 101' is super awesome too!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Downloading it now, will play tomorrow after work. Hyped.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

mancalamania posted:

Occasionally healing items will drop mid battle from enemies, they’re called wonderful soup. If you run out of dudes hold down the run button and go pick them up. Same if you run out of energy, just run around until it recharges. This game is more about resource management than Bayonetta or even mgr

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Another note on energy and health, if you buy the cheapest custom block (energy converter?) it converts those random health pickups to energy if you're already at full health and vice versa.

If you have any sort of PC from the last eight years you should be able to run this game, my venerable GTX970 runs it at 4K with constant 60fps. They put a graphics memory usage estimate in the settings menu, at that resolution it's only using ~800MB vram. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to support higher refresh rates but I'm not going to complain, it's still smooth as hell.

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

Unlucky7 posted:

Anyone with a digital switch copy wanna comment on the quality vs the pc version? I backed a physical copy of the switch version so I have a copy of the steam version as well now

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Aside from the obvious changes resulting from the Wii U Game Pad not being a thing anymore, has anything changed from the Wii U version? The Kickstarter and official product description seemed to imply some sort of QoL tweaks, at least ("Hideki Kamiya, director of The Wonderful 101, has supervised this remaster and added numerous improvements to ensure that this game can be more easily and thoroughly enjoyed by all and on various platforms, and with improved visuals, framerate, and loading time for an enhanced experience on all fronts"), but I'm not sure those were ever specified anywhere

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Yeah see my previous posts

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Can anyone tell me what the "Full Automatic" Custom Block that you apparently just get as your first Custom Block does? I'm too stupid to find out apparently, and google isn't really helping. Is that a Custom Block they added just for the Remaster?

I equipped it because I have nothing else to go in that slot for now but I'd like to know what the dealio is because it doesn't seem to do anything obvious.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Barry Convex posted:

Aside from the obvious changes resulting from the Wii U Game Pad not being a thing anymore, has anything changed from the Wii U version? The Kickstarter and official product description seemed to imply some sort of QoL tweaks, at least ("Hideki Kamiya, director of The Wonderful 101, has supervised this remaster and added numerous improvements to ensure that this game can be more easily and thoroughly enjoyed by all and on various platforms, and with improved visuals, framerate, and loading time for an enhanced experience on all fronts"), but I'm not sure those were ever specified anywhere

Well the PC port is basically the same as the wii U except no touch screen obviously and a buttery smooth framerate. Seriously they still have the picture in picture function for doing those sections inside.

as someone else mentioned they reduced the cost of guts and dodge, from like 2000 coins each to 10 each, or something like that. Maybe there's more changes further in.

abraxas posted:

Can anyone tell me what the "Full Automatic" Custom Block that you apparently just get as your first Custom Block does? I'm too stupid to find out apparently, and google isn't really helping. Is that a Custom Block they added just for the Remaster?

I equipped it because I have nothing else to go in that slot for now but I'd like to know what the dealio is because it doesn't seem to do anything obvious.

As far as I can tell that's a new inclusion? I don't remember it on OG Wonderful 101. It might make it easier to do the combos.

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011

abraxas posted:

if you hit select on controller it shows what they do, i remember that one in particular lowers your score

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Good game

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

abraxas posted:

I think that's basically the "accessibility" option so you can play with one hand or just button mash. Platinum is well regarded for including those options

One think I don't like with the remaster is you buy multi morphs individually now, I.e. you pay 300k for one multi morph, 500k for the second one. It's probably to prevent newcomers from instantly draining all their energy but the cost is steep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnintelGen
Sep 5, 2018

Wonderful 100, Capitalism fails again!

Team, engaging Unlimited Funds!

Jenny Agutter posted:

I think that's basically the "accessibility" option so you can play with one hand or just button mash. Platinum is well regarded for including those options

One think I don't like with the remaster is you buy multi morphs individually now, I.e. you pay 300k for one multi morph, 500k for the second one. It's probably to prevent newcomers from instantly draining all their energy but the cost is steep

I think it has more to do with that multi-morph is really overpowered in the early game- That probably doesn't matter for a single player game that's already balanced but I guess they felt the need to 'correct' that mistake. You can thrash Laambo in a matter of seconds with it and stun lock him indefinitely.

If I remember correctly, full automatic was a thing in the original. I thought you got it by playing on Very Easy, but I'm actually pretty sure that's auto-guts. I do remember full automatic being a thing though.

In any case, I'm glad and relieved that the game works with Proton/Linux out of the box- It's a good port in general really! Not a whole lotta options, but it runs decently on my system which is (CPU wise) well under equipped to run it. I do get slightly more 'Wii U'-esque performance, but much more consistent. I suspect the Vorkken fights won't be as much of a problem either.

Unlucky7 posted:

There are two things to mitigate this issue. Team attacks/stuns can recover energy (but not as fast as wailing on them with unite morphs) and food items. Do not be discouraged from using wonderful cakes- They do not lower your rank at the end of an operation! ...At least, I believe so. Can't remember if there is a limit but small consumables don't lower rank. Just set it as a quick use item and keep an eye on your battery.