Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
CHAINSAW MAN IS THE BEST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
is Halloween still alive? She didn't look dollified

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
maybe Denji's true power is being dumb enough to try anything yet tough enough to survive

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
He earned those glasses today.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

yum posted:

is Halloween still alive? She didn't look dollified

Yeah the dolls were holding her hostage. Normally fiends can’t be turned into dolls but I guess that doesn’t apply to corpses.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

RatHat posted:

Yeah the dolls were holding her hostage. Normally fiends can’t be turned into dolls but I guess that doesn’t apply to corpses.

That’s zombie girl. Different one.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ethiser posted:

Who could have known that Denji was a Paladin this whole time.

It's like that classic poem.

My good blade carves the casques of men,
My tough saw thrusteth sure,
My strength is as the strength of ten
Because I wanna touch some boobs.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

"become an idiot, chainsaw"

I'd say that qualifies

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

gently caress this manga puts such a huge smile on my face over and over. He's the stupid idiot shonen protagonist perfected. That last panel is perfection.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Now, is Quanxi alive or not? If she's half as tough as Denji she'd be fine, but the doll transformation thing seemed to be contagious.

Tune in tomorrow next week to find out!

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
living hybrids cant be dolled, or living fiends. the fiends should be back on earth anyway since they died in hell

Relin fucked around with this message at 04:31 on May 10, 2020

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Everyone’s so busy trying to outsmart Makima that they forget that they also have to be ready to outstupid Denji.

I mean, not that they could if they tried, because Denji has the Nobel Prize in stupid, but still.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

People call Denji stupid but he keeps winning. Maybe he's actually a genius. Give the man some glasses.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
official release for everyone lol chainsaw man ftw

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006571

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

You know I liked the speedscan translation better
"Become an Idiot, Chainsaw"

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Denji is an idot, but he knows he's an idiot. It's the Barbarian's Riddle in a nutshell.

A truly idiotic hero would have tried to set up electric lights, or lure the arkness devil into the daylight, or keep the fight going for 12 hours. Denji just becomes a lightsource.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

It's also the more accurate translation, and a straightforward one on top.
I can't follow the official translator's choice. Was it too dumb for them?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Rigged Death Trap posted:

It's like "Daddy in the East" for Kaguya-sama: You know somewhere in your brain that it's kinda wrong, but goddammit, there's a strong-as-hell charm in that goof-up. The official translation kinda makes sense if you remember what she told Master Kishibe about that one news anchor she fancied.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Wark Say posted:

It's like "Daddy in the East" for Kaguya-sama: You know somewhere in your brain that it's kinda wrong, but goddammit, there's a strong-as-hell charm in that goof-up. The official translation kinda makes sense if you remember what she told Master Kishibe about that one news anchor she fancied.

Ok, that makes it kind of consistent, even if she doesn't use the exact same phrase in the original.

"The secret to a happy life in this world is being an ignorant fool."
"Be a fool, Chainsaw"

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
This manga owns, Denji owns

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Quick scan of chapter 69

https://m.imgur.com/a/bNReOXi

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

So, in summary

"Local teenager too stupid to die!'

Denji's really earning those vacation hours.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Absolutely incredible. This spread is a goddamn masterpiece.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I have run out of superlatives

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
:wtc:

I...errrr....this is metal as gently caress :black101:

also that educational tv line is gold

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Freaking amazing

The panel with Denji slamming down the devil with a carn gives me intense Dio Brando vibes

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Dang, makes sense coming from the creator of Fire Punch that the art looks even better when everything is on fire

Also, from Santa’s reaction it seems more and more likely that the reason the chainsaw devil is so powerful is because other devils fear it

Awesome action this chapter

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I like how the panels are perhaps the most metal thing I've ever seen while the dialogue is the least metal thing ever seen. It reads like dialogue between a DM and the stubborn paladin player who just keeps fighting. And it's so perfect.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Spiderdrake posted:

I like how the panels are perhaps the most metal thing I've ever seen while the dialogue is the least metal thing ever seen. It reads like dialogue between a DM and the stubborn paladin player who just keeps fighting. And it's so perfect.

I think the astronauts keep the "most metal" title for me, but Denji's definitely putting in the effort.

(I'd say that Denji's unusually horny for a paladin, but... I've read my share of writing on courtly romance stories.)

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

yum posted:

Also, from Santa’s reaction it seems more and more likely that the reason the chainsaw devil is so powerful is because other devils fear it

To be fair, I too would be loving terrified of that high-level combination of stupidity and insanity.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

yum posted:

Dang, makes sense coming from the creator of Fire Punch that the art looks even better when everything is on fire

If whats spoilered is true

hell yeah i was right baybeeeeeeeeee

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

God loving drat this manga is just impeccable.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I like the small detail of Santa mounting fear and her slowly realizing how Denji is nothing if not entrepreneurial in his pursuit of divorcing himself of anything but the most important things in life to give a gently caress about. Also holy poo poo that was killer!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Denji is like a loud, on-fire Terminator. He's got a goal, and will keep taking the most direct course to accomplishing it. He's not going to give up and he's really hard to actually kill.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
somehow the blue dragon boss theme keeps playing in my mind's ear when I read this.

Fear and awe!
In your eyes!

:allears:

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

yum posted:

If anything he's drawing more power from her growing fear as the fight drags on. He was chucking a car and shrugging off fiery explosions by the end.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Denji embrace of stupidity is so complete that no one can outsmart him, any plan will fail for he is a creature of complete and utter dumb chaos

JD
Jan 11, 2003
I'm late to the party but did anyone post this panel

This manga is p good

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ZZZorcerer posted:

Denji embrace of stupidity is so complete that no one can outsmart him, any plan will fail for he is a creature of complete and utter dumb chaos

what if luffy, but chainsaw?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

ZZZorcerer posted:

The stupidity devil will be his undoing.