Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the frustrating thing is that the Bulls already had Brand and Artest and all they needed to do was keep those guys, bring in some non-embarrassing role players, and then not have jay williams decide to ride a motorcycle and they probably would have at least been ok enough to make the playoffs in the East.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Yeah giving up on Brand when he was 21 and walked into the league as an immediate 20/10 guy was bizarre.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Oceanlife posted:

when he traded brand to put together an Eddy Curry Tyson Chandler lineup I thought it was the most brilliant move of all time. Move over Robinson and Duncan, here comes the new twin towers, and well...
Yeah. And they had just an insane number of really high picks in that time.

Deeply remembering the times on RealGM when the ideal lineup was supposed to have 2 natural centres and how, eventually, every player on the floor will be a 7 footer.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I realize there's nothing else to write about but the amount of Giannis to GSW!!!! articles I've seen recently is genuinely sad

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

morestuff posted:

I realize there's nothing else to write about but the amount of Giannis to GSW!!!! articles I've seen recently is genuinely sad

i think giannis wants to make gsw fans happy, especially after one of them stole his money and hacked his twitter account to say Bad Words

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

What teams have announced plans on reopening their gyms? Raps just announced their plans for opening their practice facility.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/basketball/nba/toronto-sports-raptors-leafs-practice-facilities-1.5561224

Main rules are:

1. Only one player/non-Nick Nurse coach in the building at a time (rather than the NBA rule of 4 players)
2. Only access to the court, no weight/conditioning/locker room access. Players were given equipment for home workouts so it’s meant for shooting access

Apparently half the team is currently hanging out in town and might take part.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bulls installing a wipe station to make sure they are sanitizing the clock before they punch in

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I would like to here James Boylen's thoughts on masks

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i would wear a mask that was just boylen's eyes and forehead upside down so it looked like instead of a chin you had a boylen.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Jim Boylen in a lab screaming at a test tube of COVID that if it doesn't quit with the funny business it's gonna run wind sprints until it pukes

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Chin Boylen

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

MourningView posted:

I would like to here James Boylen's thoughts on masks

Every profound spirit needs a mask: even more, around every profound spirit a mask is growing continually, owing to the constantly false, namely shallow , interpretation of every word, every step, every sign of life he gives.

-Jim Boylen

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
https://twitter.com/KDTrey5/status/1258825220376236032
https://twitter.com/KDTrey5/status/1258826321360154625
https://twitter.com/KDTrey5/status/1258827099973935104
lol

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
KD status: Still bitchmade

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Have any goons been @'d by Durant ever? Seems like there's potential there.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/KDTrey5/status/1258837676314132481

"I'm using the app the same way u are" is the essence of Kevin Durant, to me

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Actual news

https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1258764613782589441?s=19

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

BWV posted:

Every profound spirit needs a mask: even more, around every profound spirit a mask is growing continually, owing to the constantly false, namely shallow , interpretation of every word, every step, every sign of life he gives.

-Jim Boylen

when you find out theres 2 wolves fighting inside you

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Contract was signed on July 10, 2013 lol

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

CRISPYBABY posted:

Have any goons been @'d by Durant ever? Seems like there's potential there.

You apparently don't even need to @ him. Any Tweet with 'KD' in it gets sent straight to his alerts.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm going to say a compliment to him without @ then because I know he'll read it and maybe smile for a second before going back on the warpath.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

kd is a bitch And should meet me in temecula send tweet

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm kevin durant and i wish you all would stop making fun of me

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

goodnight sweet prince

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

https://twitter.com/KDTrey5/status/18688294600?s=20

Never forget.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

obviously he was hacked

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

KD is touched by something special.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I don't care if KD has some good sounding burns he's still responding to random eggs

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
How about LAC re sign Montrezl, then flip him for Myles Turner. Just something I’ve been thinking about

Ghost Dog posted:

when you find out theres 2 wolves fighting inside you

Lol

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

morestuff posted:

I realize there's nothing else to write about but the amount of Giannis to GSW!!!! articles I've seen recently is genuinely wonderful

ftfy

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao loving same old bulls

quote:

However, the Sun-Times has learned that things are staying vague for a reason. Ownership, as well as former vice president of basketball operations-turned-adviser John Paxson, would like Boylen back and have told the coach as much.

save us, zach lavine

quote:

What will undoubtedly sink him, though, is a source said that several key players ripped Boylen to the regime, and then there’s the elephant in the room of a 39-84 (.317) record since taking over from Fred Hoiberg.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports-saturday/2020/5/8/21252320/key-bulls-players-jim-boylen-cloudy-future

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
"Jimmy baby, we wanna bring you back I promise, but the new guys aren't playing ball...I'm sorry my hands are tied!" is basically the best case scenario for Bulls ownership

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

WHAT THE gently caress IS JIM BOYLEN DOING THAT OWNERSHIP AND PAXSON LOVE HIM SO MUCH, HE IS SO OBVIOUSLY A BUFFOON THAT THE PLAYERS DESPISE AND THE TEAM HAS PLAYED LIKE ABSOLUTE GARBAGE FOR HIM, ALL HE DOES IS LOSE AND LOOK LIKE AN rear end in a top hat, HE IS A CLOWN, WHAT CAN HE POSSIBLY BE DOING OR SAYING BEHIND THE SCENES THAT MAKES PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL PEOPLE THINK THIS PERSON IS AN NBA COACH, LITERALLY NO ONE IN THE NBA TAKES HIM SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE gently caress

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
O.O

ur right tho

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Ownership knows there's no place fans can stand and chant right now

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i mean, reading between the lines it's obvious boylen is gone, but whoever is telling joe cowley that ownership still supports boylen is absolutely braindead

e: lmao it just occurs to me that his source of the "ownership still loves boylen" story is obviously jim boylen himself, i just owned myself

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 22:50 on May 8, 2020

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I also imagine Jim Boylen telling Cowley that other players are trying to tear him down by saying how much he sucks

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
well he does

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that guy looks like ben roethlisberger and I don't like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

R.D. Mangles posted:

WHAT THE gently caress IS JIM BOYLEN DOING THAT OWNERSHIP AND PAXSON LOVE HIM SO MUCH, HE IS SO OBVIOUSLY A BUFFOON THAT THE PLAYERS DESPISE AND THE TEAM HAS PLAYED LIKE ABSOLUTE GARBAGE FOR HIM, ALL HE DOES IS LOSE AND LOOK LIKE AN rear end in a top hat, HE IS A CLOWN, WHAT CAN HE POSSIBLY BE DOING OR SAYING BEHIND THE SCENES THAT MAKES PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL PEOPLE THINK THIS PERSON IS AN NBA COACH, LITERALLY NO ONE IN THE NBA TAKES HIM SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE gently caress

He's cheap, he's desperate to keep his job at all costs, he goes out of his way to flatter management and he personally put in the legwork to stop at least one season ticket holder from bailing. The perfect Bulls coach