Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasal_sebum

quote:

Nose grease can be used to minimize scratches in optical surfaces, for example when cleaning photographic negatives.[1] Observatory lore holds that nose grease was used to reduce stray light and reflections in transmissive telescopes before the development of vacuum antireflective coatings.[2] The antireflective properties are due in part to the fact that the nose oil fills small cracks and scratches and forms a smooth, polished surface, and in part to the low index of refraction of the oil, which can reduce surface reflection from transmissive optics that have a high index of refraction. The same effect is sometimes used by numismatic hobbyists to alter the apparent grade of slightly worn coins.[3]

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

It also settles foamy beer.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Chia seeds are the loving worse. To hell with those slimy things.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Scathach posted:

Chia seeds are the loving worse. To hell with those slimy things.

That's a Meg fuckdoll in the background, isn't it? ☹️

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

It is now.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://twitter.com/imeggsellent/status/1258572413509554178?s=20

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Why lock him up? He'll be immobile in a few months anyway.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

AUG: One jar of greyish goo might be easy to explain but 20+?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

imagine the shits

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

wrong thread

-Zydeco- has a new favorite as of 04:46 on May 9, 2020

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Okay, if The Klobb swallowing, digesting and then sharting Ivanka into a diaper is a probation, this must surely be.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Scathach posted:

Chia seeds are the loving worse. To hell with those slimy things

Our drinking fountain on the boat I was on drained to a funnel with a screen on it, when the chia shake fad was in full effect thre funnel started overflowing, we took it apart and found it had turned into a loving chia pet.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

TWENTY THREE PINTS OF GREASE?!?

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Yeah and a packet of crisps as well please, love

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Do I even want to ask what the stools on the flag mean?

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

MageMage posted:

Do I even want to ask what the stools on the flag mean?

It’s the logo from Barstool Sports

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

gleebster posted:

On the other hand, how many Kevins and Jennifers did the world really need?

Understood, and I don't disagree with you. I was born in 79 and I think I'm the only one of my friends that didn't go out with an Amanda at some point for example.

However, I seem to have an irrational hatred of the name Aidan. And Aiden, Aidin, Aidun, Aydan, Ayden, Aydin, Aydun, and whatever other 'unique' spellings there are for the same name. Not to mention when any of those are preceeded by "Br", "K", "J", "L" and so on.

That hated generally extends to all the other white people names that the "Karens" and "Rebeccas" give to their unique piles of crotch poo poo.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

I'm 40 and have dated 3 Amandas (not in a row)

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

wesleywillis posted:

their unique piles of crotch poo poo.

Coming from inside the thread

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

wesleywillis posted:

Understood, and I don't disagree with you. I was born in 79 and I think I'm the only one of my friends that didn't go out with an Amanda at some point for example.

However, I seem to have an irrational hatred of the name Aidan. And Aiden, Aidin, Aidun, Aydan, Ayden, Aydin, Aydun, and whatever other 'unique' spellings there are for the same name. Not to mention when any of those are preceeded by "Br", "K", "J", "L" and so on.

That hated generally extends to all the other white people names that the "Karens" and "Rebeccas" give to their unique piles of crotch poo poo.

En taro Adun!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
My job involves seeing a lot of kids' names, and I have seen some poo poo. The worst is the people who pick a theme and then run with it for multiple children. Like Xander (ok), Xzavier (uhh), and Xage (wtf). Also "creative" spellings like Fantasie or one of my personal (un)favorites, Felonie. What they were going for there, I have no idea. Perhaps "conceived during the commission of?" Some other awfulness: Khalessi, Trinady.

On the opposite end, some of the Native American last names are totally :black101: like Sixkiller and Kills On Sight.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

wesleywillis posted:

how do you feel about children at disneyland normal poster wesleywillis

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Do advertisements masquerading as warnings of impending danger count as AUG?

Bonus grocery list.

Resting Lich Face has a new favorite as of 21:54 on May 9, 2020

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

SubponticatePoster posted:

My job involves seeing a lot of kids' names, and I have seen some poo poo. The worst is the people who pick a theme and then run with it for multiple children. Like Xander (ok), Xzavier (uhh), and Xage (wtf). Also "creative" spellings like Fantasie or one of my personal (un)favorites, Felonie. What they were going for there, I have no idea. Perhaps "conceived during the commission of?" Some other awfulness: Khalessi, Trinady.

On the opposite end, some of the Native American last names are totally :black101: like Sixkiller and Kills On Sight.

There's a fairly prominent family in town called the Ghostkeepers. I am in love with their name.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

SubponticatePoster posted:

Girlfriend’s sister insisted on a K-theme for her three boys. She lives in rural, white-as-gently caress countryville. Not a great look.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

wesleywillis posted:

*Fonzie voice* Eyyyyy-den

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.

Resting Lich Face posted:

Do advertisements masquerading as warnings of impending danger count as AUG?

Bonus grocery list.

Make sure you know the side effects of everything you buy!

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

RoboRodent posted:

There's a fairly prominent family in town called the Ghostkeepers. I am in love with their name.

Wasn't there a Ghostkeeper in the Name Of The Year competition a few years ago?

Ah yes, Jimbob Ghostkeeper, 2018.
https://deadspin.com/jimbob-ghostkeeper-is-the-2018-name-of-the-year-1825748314

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I feel bad for people who were unintentionally named after a popular piece of pop culture.

Like, just imagine being a normal parent, and naming your daughter Isabella, in 2007-2010 (I know the books were earlier, but it really hit the zeitgeist after the first movie.)

Also lol at the full list of popular girls names the past 20ish years:

I have many cousins (18,) most of which have kids born in that span, and among them their names include, but not limited to:
Emma
Ella (basically a combo of Emma and isabella)
Olivia
Ava
Madison

No Sophia or Isabella/Bella though.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

DrBouvenstein posted:

I have many cousins (18,) most of which have kids born in that span, and among them their names include, but not limited to:
Emma
Ella (basically a combo of Emma and isabella)
Olivia
Ava
Madison

No Sophia or Isabella/Bella though.

I have one niece born in that time frame, and she's named 'Ava'. >_>

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

There's always been popular names. They change with the times, but there's always names that are just very trendy for a decade or so. I have one myself, actually. I lived in dorms for a year when I was eighteen and on a floor of, I don't know, two dozen people, there were four of us with the same name.

I have a coworker right now about my age who has the same name and the same last initial, which has caused endless confusion.

You get used to it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I too have noticed many Hispanic people really like the name Juan

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I was at a wine bar once and there was a meetup of what I assume was a sorority, where women kept filtering in and introducing themselves and whatnot. My group was across the room doing our own thing, when they all freaked out and one exclaimed "oh my God, now we have FIVE EMMAS!"

Anyway:

Sandwich Anarchist has a new favorite as of 01:49 on May 10, 2020

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

oldpainless posted:

I too have noticed many Hispanic people really like the name Juan

Which one though?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i plan to pull a musk and name any future children I obtain in l33t speak

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

My firstborn will be named xKushL0rd420x

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

My 7 year old niece is named Emma. But she is special. Unlike all those other basic bog-standard Emmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
Name chat: I am an Emily irl but was born in 1984, over a decade before that name got popular. I never went to school with another Emily but then by high school, all the kindergarteners were suddenly named Emily. It was my name first, damnit.

For thread content, have some classy bedroom decor