Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Kazinsal posted:

pandemic will be on for another year

mm, nope. it's over in two weeks-ish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

graph posted:

mm, nope. it's over in two weeks-ish
they're already talking about making a season 2 though

plus some regions didn't get the full season on the initial schedule and are having a delayed release

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdE83FX-Mto

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

i dont have a ps4 and probably not getting one anytime soon judging by the current stock levels

if i did i'd be all over that final fantasy 7

im happy to report i was somehow able to get a ps4 pro, and now i will, indeed "be all over that final fantasy 7".

i mean, once i set this thing up at least. i had a good place to put it but i didnt realize the ps4 pro was, like, og xbox levels of hueg

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
if you played and have deep nostalgia for the original ff7, you are going to love the remake

there are a few parts that feel a little phoned in or drawn out, but the good parts are so good

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

works starting to send out feelers for voluntary return and asked what measures would be needed to make us feel safe

also the current ceo ranted about how the media was being unfair to corporations who took employment protection loans. they were only trying to keep people employed and are being attacked for it :jerkbag:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

im happy to report i was somehow able to get a ps4 pro, and now i will, indeed "be all over that final fantasy 7".

i mean, once i set this thing up at least. i had a good place to put it but i didnt realize the ps4 pro was, like, og xbox levels of hueg

i never played any ff game before and have been enjoying it. i look to be about halfway through after 20 hours and doing all side quests as they come up.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
like 6 or 8 months ago i saw FF7 was on the switch and thought "i should really finally play all the way through" so I did and i get to the final sephiroth battle and i see some ad for the FF7 remaster and i just got so mad at the whole goddamn thing

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

rotor posted:

like 6 or 8 months ago i saw FF7 was on the switch and thought "i should really finally play all the way through" so I did and i get to the final sephiroth battle and i see some ad for the FF7 remaster and i just got so mad at the whole goddamn thing

that's lame, i played it a bit ago on a ps4 port, and they added in an easy mode so i actually finished it - no ad for the remake, but i'm sure that's a big part of why they ported the original to psn (and switch obv). the remake is good, but it's also not the whole game and it's $60. it'll probably end up being three parts and almost two hundred for the full game

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
the only hard part of original ff7 is waiting for your summon animation to finish for the 1297835th time

ok and also ruby/emerald weapon

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

DELETE CASCADE posted:

the only hard part of original ff7 is waiting for your summon animation to finish for the 1297835th time

i couldn't be bothered grinding at all. wouldn't have bothered with the final fights otherwise

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Broken Machine posted:

that's lame, i played it a bit ago on a ps4 port, and they added in an easy mode so i actually finished it - no ad for the remake, but i'm sure that's a big part of why they ported the original to psn (and switch obv). the remake is good, but it's also not the whole game and it's $60. it'll probably end up being three parts and almost two hundred for the full game

no i mean there wasn't an ad in the game, i just saw it somewhere

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

DELETE CASCADE posted:

the summon animations are like the top three good things about ff7 tho

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHe8rPZzPRE

I don't own a PS4 and can't actually bring myself to play video games that I didn't play when I was <12 anymore, but I did watch this guy's entire series on 1.75x speed.

I'm pretty sure this game is way better to watch than play yourself. You get to skip all the grinding bullshit and its just so much faster.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Methanar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHe8rPZzPRE

I don't own a PS4 and can't actually bring myself to play video games that I didn't play when I was <12 anymore, but I did watch this guy's entire series on 1.75x speed.

I'm pretty sure this game is way better to watch than play yourself. You get to skip all the grinding bullshit and its just so much faster.

this is the pro strat for all single player games

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Broken Machine posted:

the remake is good, but it's also not the whole game and it's $60. it'll probably end up being three parts and almost two hundred for the full game
one way to fix this is to not pay more than $20 for a computer game by: waiting

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Methanar posted:

psychotic. take a speedrun off a slowpier

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
this guy’s one half a press short of a sequence break.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
that hdr 4k ff7 remake looks like poo poo. what the gently caress. they ruined it.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

that hdr 4k ff7 remake looks like poo poo. what the gently caress. they ruined it.
the most interesting if cryptic thing i’ve heard about it (and justifying the changes and limited scope of this first release) is that in the title, “remake” is not a noun but a verb

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

DELETE CASCADE posted:

if you played and have deep nostalgia for the original ff7, you are going to love the remake

ok that's me

ff7 is the only final fantasy game ive ever played, but i got it at launch and was loving obsessed with it

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Uptime Sinclair posted:

the most interesting if cryptic thing i’ve heard about it (and justifying the changes and limited scope of this first release) is that in the title, “remake” is not a noun but a verb

i heard that there’s a way to bring aeirs back to life

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

i heard that there’s a way to bring aeirs back to life
*ć a-12s

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

rotor posted:

no i mean there wasn't an ad in the game, i just saw it somewhere

fwiw, ff7r is like the first disc of the original. it doesn't even get to the world map.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

fwiw, ff7r is like the first disc of the original. it doesn't even get to the world map.
I never played ff7 and don't have a ps4 but after all the stuff I heard about the remake I assumed it covered the whole original game and lol at the idea that they're splitting it up to milk it for everything it's worth.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

mystes posted:

I never played ff7 and don't have a ps4 but after all the stuff I heard about the remake I assumed it covered the whole original game and lol at the idea that they're splitting it up to milk it for everything it's worth.

I'm pretty sure they spent a year making the special effects on just the final boss section having watched it.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

the only one i played was 9, and i was super into it. then i got ffx and was super excited :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF4T9TSwxAo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://www.theparisreview.org/blog/2020/05/07/gently caress-the-bread-the-bread-is-over/

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

quote:

In fairy tales, the king is the king. If he dethrones, his bones clatter into a heap and vanish.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

mystes posted:

i haven't finished it yet, but supposedly ff7r part 1 is 40ish hours if you do everything, which is not a whole lot shorter than ff7. regardless of getting the complete story, that's plenty of gameplay, and i haven't at all felt like any is filler, which i definitely can't say about the original

mystes
May 31, 2006

I just find it really weird that it's being sold as "Final Fantasy VII: Remake" rather than "Final Fantasy VII: Remake Part I" or something. It's basically asking for a class action lawsuit because it would be really easy to buy it assuming that it's the whole thing.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

wish they’d make another tactics game

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

mystes posted:

I just find it really weird that it's being sold as "Final Fantasy VII: Remake" rather than "Final Fantasy VII: Remake Part I" or something. It's basically asking for a class action lawsuit because it would be really easy to buy it assuming that it's the whole thing.

lmao

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

no, he's right, it's just asking for a lawsuit. let me just pull up some case law and look for successful precedent

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I would not be surprised if an angry gamer does file a lawsuit and will be equally not surprised when they get laughed out of court

someone lodged a complaint with the UK ad regulators over the no man’s sky steam listing being deceptive

haveblue fucked around with this message at 03:29 on May 9, 2020

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

wish they’d make another tactics game

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

mystes posted:

go to bed you’re done for today

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Uptime Sinclair posted:

go to bed you’re done for today

no one ever tells me this :(

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

mystes posted:

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

to whom it may concern:

i purchased call of duty infinite warfare and after playing for a few hours i discovered that there was an ending and therefore the warfare is not infinite. this will not stand, please expect many lawsuits

sincerely,

john lawyerman, esq