Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JK Fresco posted:

Just reading the articles, they are typical ghetto crimes and only get reported now because of the corona link

Well golly that's a telling wor-
Wait you've not even been on SA a year let's take a look at the ol rap sh-
That's impressive. Who are you a re-reg of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Manuel Calavera posted:

Well golly that's a telling wor-
Wait you've not even been on SA a year let's take a look at the ol rap sh-
That's impressive. Who are you a re-reg of?

We know who they are, just enjoy their absence and report when they start up again with the bs.

Thanks!

Costco in my area started requiring masks, this week... better late than never I guess.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Is there something like a 'best of' list for the current merchandise? We're always mentioning different items but by the time I get to the warehouse I forget.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Who knew pr0k's mom was so racist. Pitty.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

AKZ posted:

I would be careful doing this.
Thanks for your concern, honestly, but I don’t really mind. If I’m gonna die or suffer injury during corona, I’d rather it be from something like this than the virus itself.

Fall Dog
Feb 24, 2009

Bibliotechno Music posted:

Thanks for your concern, honestly, but I don’t really mind. If I’m gonna die or suffer injury during corona, I’d rather it be from something like this than the virus itself.

Worst case scenario, you could just stumbled over to a Costco casket.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Got me a new Costco cat tree today, $70 is not bad. I’ve seen these go for $130 at the pet store.

(Daughter added her Pokemon...)

Edit: success!

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 23:46 on May 8, 2020

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Bibliotechno Music posted:

Don't get me wrong, more power to you, but be careful. I had to get stitched up about a week and a half ago and the whole process/hospital visit was pretty much a position that I wish I hadn't had to be in. My wife just cut the stitches out at home because forget going back to a hospital or clinic right now.

AKZ fucked around with this message at 01:38 on May 9, 2020

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
Is the beef bulgogi dumpling on sale this week as good as it looks?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

EVG posted:

i enjoyed them yeah, they're pretty solid buy. really big bag tho and easy to get freezer burned after awhile

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Found these in the Covington, WA Costco tonight:

Last bottle of the Moxe, but there were 4 pallets of the Heritage (80% alcohol) $9.99 each

Also there were 2 packs of red meat/chicken in the coolers...All coolers. Only the salmon was well stocked.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Meydey posted:

Found these in the Covington, WA Costco tonight:

Last bottle of the Moxe, but there were 4 pallets of the Heritage (80% alcohol) $9.99 each

Also there were 2 packs of red meat/chicken in the coolers...All coolers. Only the salmon was well stocked.

What are the exact dimensions of the bottles?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuyyys. Smoothies back baby

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

EVG posted:

If those are the bibigo ones then yeah, that's probably my favorite item from them (bibigo)

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Grem posted:

Sohla is really gaining traction as being one of the best chefs BA has to offer, weirdass or not. Wait til you see what she does to carbonara!

Why would you want to do anything to carbonara, it's amazing already.

Synthetic Dreams
Jul 19, 2005

by Cyrano4747
Should I become a member of Costco? I've been thinking about it for a few years.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Synthetic Dreams posted:

Should I become a member of Costco? I've been thinking about it for a few years.

if you have a restaurant depot near you check that out first. You don't need membership right now

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Synthetic Dreams posted:

costco is good but
a) are you living by yourself, adn do you have a relatively small 1br place or so?
b) do you live really close to one (~20 mins or less), and is it convenient to get to?

honestly if you're single and in a 1br apartment, you can make Costco worth $60/yr membership, but kind of marginal to not really worth it unless it's also convenient and close, and not very busy. winco, trader joes, aldi, etc usually provides pretty close enough prices for smaller-portions that you can eat before it goes bad. i live with my fiance in a 1br and it's worth it, but not by a whole lot. it's just nicer to get higher quality stuff for similar prices as alternatives, and a bit cheaper on the paper towels/toilet paper/shampoo/conditioner/cheeses/lettuce/bulk rice-beans-spices-etc.

the more people you live with and the bigger place you've got, the more you can out of it

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I've been doing runs for people so it's worked out nicely for them, costco has some dietary options a lot of places don't

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Membership is worth it just for the hot dogs and pizza.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Works well for just my wife and i

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Jubs posted:

Membership is worth it just for the hot dogs and pizza.

Oh yeah, Costco pizza is cheaper and better than Pizza Hut/Dominoes/Papa Johns.

Costco is a good place to buy meat too, or at least was before the COVID-19 epidemic.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

hakimashou posted:

What are the exact dimensions of the bottles?

They’re not suitable for sexual use.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Xaris posted:

costco is good but
a) are you living by yourself, adn do you have a relatively small 1br place or so?
b) do you live really close to one (~20 mins or less), and is it convenient to get to?

honestly if you're single and in a 1br apartment, you can make Costco worth $60/yr membership, but kind of marginal to not really worth it unless it's also convenient and close, and not very busy. winco, trader joes, aldi, etc usually provides pretty close enough prices for smaller-portions that you can eat before it goes bad. i live with my fiance in a 1br and it's worth it, but not by a whole lot. it's just nicer to get higher quality stuff for similar prices as alternatives, and a bit cheaper on the paper towels/toilet paper/shampoo/conditioner/cheeses/lettuce/bulk rice-beans-spices-etc.

the more people you live with and the bigger place you've got, the more you can out of it

This is a great breakdown. If you buy food there as a single person you should be prepared to eat the same meal on repeat for a while. As a couple if you only buy the necessities and a bit of food then you'll save more than the membership costs.

It blows my mind sometimes when we run out of staples and I buy them at the grocery store how often I'm paying a dollar or two more at Costco to get 3x the product. Examples: aluminum foil, toilet paper, laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent, bread. I just got two- 2 pound loaves of bread for $7 and a single one pound loaf of the same brand is $5 at the grocery.

And getting a dog for lunch is almost free. It feels criminal. You can go to McDonald's and spend $8 or get a giant dog and drink for $1.50? If they had a drive thru I'd get three a week.

So in short you maybe should get one, but it doesn't always make sense.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Xaris posted:

costco is good but

StormDrain posted:

This is a great breakdown. If you buy food there as a single person you should be prepared to eat the same meal on repeat for a while. As a couple if you only buy the necessities and a bit of food then you'll save more than the membership costs.

It blows my mind sometimes when we run out of staples and I buy them at the grocery store how often I'm paying a dollar or two more at Costco to get 3x the product. Examples: aluminum foil, toilet paper, laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent, bread. I just got two- 2 pound loaves of bread for $7 and a single one pound loaf of the same brand is $5 at the grocery.

And getting a dog for lunch is almost free. It feels criminal. You can go to McDonald's and spend $8 or get a giant dog and drink for $1.50? If they had a drive thru I'd get three a week.

So in short you maybe should get one, but it doesn't always make sense.

Solid advice, both of these.

I would add though, that getting the value as a single person is heavily dependent on *WHAT* you buy.
I love the Costco kitty litter (9 bucks for 44 polunds!), and that alone saves me enough money to pay for a membership.

Heck, you could probably justify a membership just for gas and tires.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

bird with big dick posted:

They’re not suitable for sexual use.

No kinkshame, plz!

:mad:

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon
Allergy meds, multivitams, and are pharmacy stuff is significantly cheaper than other places.

If you have lovely prescription drug coverage absolutely get your medications from Costco pharmacy, they are WAY cheaper than other drug stores when you are paying out of pocket.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

You also save a ton of money on the random purchases as well. I saved almost $100 on the toaster oven/air fryer combo that I bought a few months ago. That alone more than justified the membership for the year.

edit: Also even though they don't accept insurance for contacts their final price still comes out to be cheaper than my normal optician WITH insurance.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Costco dog food alone saves me 60 bucks a year.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Dropped by Costco before closing yesterday and they had no meat of any kind in the meat section. No beef, no pork, not even any fish. All gone. All the coolers were filled with strawberries and blueberries instead.
Also my dumb rear end thought I could swoop in and pick up some flowers the Friday night before Mother's Day weekend. Nope.

Got a giant pack of napkins though, so not all was lost.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

fordham posted:

Allergy meds, multivitams, and are pharmacy stuff is significantly cheaper than other places.

If you have lovely prescription drug coverage absolutely get your medications from Costco pharmacy, they are WAY cheaper than other drug stores when you are paying out of pocket.

Yeah this pays for a membership on its own

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I live alone, but in the same metro area as my parents. My mom has my extra member card, so that makes it worthwhile. They said it was no issue at all.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I had a scrip that CVS wanted to charge me almost $600 for... it was $35 at the Costco pharmacy.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Yeah if you have hay fever and take cetirizine or desloratadine you can get hundreds of Kirkland tablets for a few bucks, it's crazy.

I found the beef bulgogi dumplings to be too sugary, we didn't make it through the bag. The siwin potstickers they sell (maybe just in Canada?) are delicious and make for an easy dinner.

Squashy Nipples posted:

I had a scrip that CVS wanted to charge me almost $600 for... it was $35 at the Costco pharmacy.

Lol :capitalism:

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
No one's even mentioned alcohol. The Kirkland brand stuff is very reasonably priced and good quality. The margarita mix and vodka alone could make it worth it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I make up for my membership on gas alone. :D

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Artonos posted:

No one's even mentioned alcohol. The Kirkland brand stuff is very reasonably priced and good quality. The margarita mix and vodka alone could make it worth it.

fyi in a lot of states you don't need a membership to buy alcohol

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I wish costcos had booze here :sigh:

Whenever I visit a US costco the booze selection is amazing.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Artonos posted:

I'd love to talk about it but Ohio is a state controlled one, so we don't get Kirkland liquor sadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Paul MaudDib posted:

fyi in a lot of states you don't need a membership to buy alcohol

And in a lot of states they don't sell Kirkland brand liquor because the liquor store isn't technically part of Costco (even if it's attached) due to laws that suck poo poo directly from my rear end in a top hat.