Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
From Living Oscar to Energy Vampire, Mark Proksch is a goddamn national treasure.

Holy poo poo this show!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Holy poo poo this show gives me so much joy

honestly, I'm often in a state of such euphoria when I watch an episode of this show. no new show makes me happier than this one when I sit down to watch it. so comforting somehow.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Nandor doing the Genghis Khan stuff but messing it all up is great. Standing dramatically on a cliff over a burning village giving a villain monologue that nobody can hear is completely on-brand.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

He’s Nandor the Relentless, not Nandor the Excellent Public Speaker.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Solaris Knight posted:

This episode confirms to me that if Colin Robinson wanted to, he could probably overpower the whole Vampire Council.

You know, the origin of the word "council" is quite interesting...

iSimian
Jan 19, 2008

Well, there's your problem!
To alle you wondering about the 70's vampires, don't sleep on the California Turpin family:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

That episode was incredible. Seeing Colin getting more and more powerful was legit terrifying lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Matt Berry getting drained because he wanted to listen about age of sail battles is very relatable

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

Matt Berry getting drained because he wanted to listen about age of sail battles is very relatable

That's something I'd like to see (and we sort of saw it with Topher,) someone who doesn't get drained by Colin because they enjoy his company, or they particular like the joke he tells. Like, Colin makes a friend (Not like Evie where they're another vampire) but someone who just vibes with Colin and Colin can't drain them, maybe he even gets weaker. Maybe he starts acting more interesting around other characters and falls into a doomed gyre of escaping a person he can't drain by being a real person around people he can't drain even more. The opposite of super powerful Colin.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've had bosses say "working hard or hardly working" to me and can confirm it drains you instantly

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

iSimian posted:

To alle you wondering about the 70's vampires, don't sleep on the California Turpin family:

This was my first thought when that 70’s picture was first shown.

Loved that Colin Robinson said “dilly dilly” when he came home at the beginning of the episode. It was so subtle that I almost missed it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mr. Carlisle posted:

That episode was incredible. Seeing Colin getting more and more powerful was legit terrifying lol

"Oh yeah, I can fly now..."

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Another thing I love about the way Colin Robinson is written is how you can never tell if he's trying to feed or if he's just being socially awkward. Most of the time he's being deliberately insufferable, but every so often it seems like he's honestly looking for companionship (like he mentions in this last episode), but because of what he is it's impossible to be sure.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
How does one become an energy vampire, I wonder

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

You could ask Colin Robinson, but even he doesn’t know what his deal is.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Phi230 posted:

How does one become an energy vampire, I wonder

A background in HR helps

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes

empty baggie posted:

You could ask Colin Robinson, but even he doesn’t know what his deal is.

He came with the house. :shrug:

I loved that little tidbit.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Great pull quote for the thread title.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

qirex posted:

He’s Nandor the Relentless, not Nandor the Excellent Public Speaker.

it makes sense that he had problems hypnotizing people: even in life he wasn't compelling.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I felt bad for Colin. No one liked his drawing :(

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
I forget, was that drawing from a past episode? I felt like we'd seen it before

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

empty baggie posted:

Loved that Colin Robinson said “dilly dilly” when he came home at the beginning of the episode. It was so subtle that I almost missed it.

I'm positive that any viewer who has watched American football even casually in the last five years instantly got drained by that bit. It was perfect. The writers really have a knack for coming up with the most draining small talk they can think of for him.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

When Colin Robinson just said "Daaaaaaaaaan" to his coworker until he fell down was incredible.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
I liked that his briefcase only contained an extra tie :)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Zachack posted:

When he was shaving his head I thought they were giving him a giant head a la The Master from Hulk comics but when he went upstairs and tripled his head looked normal.

Yeah, his head was huge.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I thought the gimmick was going to be that Colin Robinson wouldn't be able to feed off his employees because now they had to smile and nod and agree with him, instead of being passive aggressive and trying to tune him out..

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I kind of get the impression that Colin Robinson lost his newly gained powers when he copied himself.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Yeah... for now.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Have you noticed that Colin Robinson's scenes are the only ones shot like an actual horror movie?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Canned Panda posted:

I kind of get the impression that Colin Robinson lost his newly gained powers when he copied himself.

His clones got in a stupid argument and drained each other to death.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Arglebargle III posted:

Have you noticed that Colin Robinson's scenes are the only ones shot like an actual horror movie?

The scene when he's going through the office draining people instantly by pointing at them felt uncomfortably like something some workplace shooter would livestream.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

GigaPeon posted:

I thought the gimmick was going to be that Colin Robinson wouldn't be able to feed off his employees because now they had to smile and nod and agree with him, instead of being passive aggressive and trying to tune him out..

I thought at first they were genuinely laughing and this either a) wouldn’t work or b) he would find he feeds even more off laughter than despair. He’s an energy vampire after all, not a sadness vampire.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Colin Robinson needs to go to an open mic night at the local comedy club.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
If the show doesn't end with Guillermo slaughtering everyone I will be very disappointed.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
I just love the fact that everyone (even outside the show) refers to him as "Colin Robinson" (not like with Nadja or Nandor) because he's simply not notable enough to be known as "Colin." It's become a single one word run on name "Colinrobinson."

If that isn't the viewers buying into the worldbuilding I don't know what is.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Mrenda posted:

I just love the fact that everyone (even outside the show) refers to him as "Colin Robinson" (not like with Nadja or Nandor) because he's simply not notable enough to be known as "Colin." It's become a single one word run on name "Colinrobinson."

You know - that is an excellent point.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Mrenda posted:

We just call him Colin. :smith:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

If the show doesn't end with Guillermo slaughtering everyone I will be very disappointed.

Funf act: Harvey Guillen funded his acting classes by collecting plastic and glass to return to recycling centers.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Colin Robinson's painting had Laszlo wearing his favorite hat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Mrenda posted:

I don't think it's because he's not notable, but rather because he's such a terrifying entity that to disrespect him by not speaking his full name is to invite misfortune and despair. You don't call Colin Robinson "Colin" for the same reason you don't call Cthulhu "Cthu".