Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'm more wondering how an adult famous rich woman is whining to her followers on Twitter because somebody said something mean about her to a tabloid. :shrug:

Here, have something less controversial:

https://twitter.com/Chaotic_Comics/status/1258877764049924096

Constantine has been canonically Bi since the early nineties.

Also he's a loving Vertigo character, the only Vertigo characters who aren't Bi don't have a definite gender themselves.

Edit: And he's openly bisexual in Legends of Tomorrow.

Air Skwirl has a new favorite as of 03:29 on May 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fuckin lol

I've never read a lick of Constantine comics but like half the word of mouth about the movie when it came out was either "It's trash, Keanu's nothing at all like Constantine" or the more charitable "It's a decent movie if you take it as about an entirely different character also named John Constantine"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Phy posted:

Fuckin lol

I've never read a lick of Constantine comics but like half the word of mouth about the movie when it came out was either "It's trash, Keanu's nothing at all like Constantine" or the more charitable "It's a decent movie if you take it as about an entirely different character also named John Constantine"

It's a decent movie that clearly takes a lot from the comics, but Keanu's portrayal of Constantine is absolutely different than how anyone who cared about the comics ever pictured a live action Constantine being.

Also Peter Stormare puts in a world class cameo as Satan.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
It's a great movie but it's definitely different from the comic storylines it's based on.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Why can't the shark be a bottom?

Let him live his truth.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The Constantine movie is great, but it has gently caress all to do with the comics save the names.

People who (for example), only watch the movie, and yet claim to be a huge fan of X character, having not read, seen, or even acknowledge the books/comics/original source material it's based on poo poo me greatly. I know it's a pretentious poser opinion to have, and I should let them like what they like, but it shits me anyway.

John Constantine, (in the comics, I haven't seen the TV show), is the most low-key bisexual ever. It makes little to no difference to any of the storylines that I have read whether he fucks a woman or a man. It rarely comes up, and when it does is treated as a normal, accepted, and long standing part of the character. Yay for the progressiveness of all of that, but not a single soul reads the Hellblazer comics for the LGBTQ content. They read them because John Constantine is a jaded, traumatized, cockney who communes with and fights mystical forces and lazily drwas out sarcastic quips afterwards.

And if the character being Bi annoys you so much, then you don't deserve any of the fun stuff.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Yeah, the main effect of Constantine being bi is that men and women are equally vulnerable to having their souls torn to shreds in hell for all eternity because they got too close to John and something nasty that he was nasty to decided to pick them for revenge.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
Is Big Shark a talking shark, a dude with shark powers, or is that just his name?

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Volcott posted:

Why can't the shark be a bottom?

Let him live his truth.

In the clip I saw (and who knows, there could be another one) all that happens is that Constantine says that King Shark is his ex. No mention of being a bottom.

I'm like 99% certain the 'King Shark is a top!' thing is coming from thirsty monsterfuckers.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Mamkute posted:

Is Big Shark a talking shark, a dude with shark powers, or is that just his name?

Look all you need to know about king shark is he's awesome

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

He's pretty great in the Harley Quinn cartoon.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Relevant Manly Guys Doing Manly Things.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Hokkaido Anxiety posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PviEvdhqtTs&t=42s

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Hokkaido Anxiety posted:

I didn't know Street Sharks was a Constantine spinoff.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Mamkute posted:

In the comics, King Shark is the son of the Shark God. The only version that really deviates from this is in the DC CW shows, where he's instead a man who planned to splice his DNA with that of a shark to cure cancer, whose plan only failed because a particle accelerator exploded and gave him largely unrelated mutations that turned him into a shark-man.

His CW form is also voiced by David Hayter.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Okay I'm actually kinda mad that this didn't go with "Suck my diiiiiiick, I'm a shaaaaark!"

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Okay I'm actually kinda mad that this didn't go with "Suck my diiiiiiick, I'm a shaaaaark!"

Well, he doesn't need to say the first part now that he's with Constantine.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

BrigadierSensible posted:

People who (for example), only watch the movie, and yet claim to be a huge fan of X character, having not read, seen, or even acknowledge the books/comics/original source material it's based on poo poo me greatly. I know it's a pretentious poser opinion to have, and I should let them like what they like, but it shits me anyway.
They only bother me if they do what this dumbass did and tell everyone they're huge longtime fans of the character/series/whatever and this one totally SJW thing they just heard about ruins them.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Which one, though? This is important because it's going to ruin my perception of the character depending on the shark dick he's talking about. I have my incensed tweet typed up and at the ready. It's OK because I also have two dicks.

Unperson_47 has a new favorite as of 05:23 on May 9, 2020

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Vib Rib posted:

They only bother me if they do what this dumbass did and tell everyone they're huge longtime fans of the character/series/whatever and this one totally SJW thing they just heard about ruins them.
Yup. It's like when people first notice that Captain America is actually a pretty hard New Deal Democrat and wonder "well where's the right wing hero at Marvel" while unironically failing to notice everything about Iron Man. Some density and moral grandstanding is just too thick to forgive.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

That artwork is pretty fantastic.

No watermark. Not even google image search indicates who made it.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

more like tittyfa

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Katt posted:

That artwork is pretty fantastic.

No watermark. Not even google image search indicates who made it.

It almost looks official from the remake except she's wearing a black sports bra in the remake. Except during the Corneo mansion segment when shes wearing one of 3 'seductive' outfits and is the only part of the game where she has jiggle physics. So does Corneos gut. I thought that was kind of a hilarious gently caress you to the "boner culture" idiots. "We can do that, but won't."

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

GreenMetalSun posted:

In the clip I saw (and who knows, there could be another one) all that happens is that Constantine says that King Shark is his ex. No mention of being a bottom.

I'm like 99% certain the 'King Shark is a top!' thing is coming from thirsty monsterfuckers.

Just watched it. Shark is happier to see Constantine than vice versa, winks at him while smiling. Constantine pulls his collar up and tries to look busy. That's the extent of it.

He's supposed to be the top because he's big, muscly, in Suicide Squad so you know he's prison gay, and I'll go ahead and guess that shark people probably count as scary minorities. So you know, standard racist homophobe projection.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

They coded Killer Croc as Black in the Suicide Squad live action film.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Wendell posted:

Linehan’s faux-intellectual blustering oafishness reminds me of the “A SUCCULENT CHINESE MEAL” guy.

This seems very unfair on the A SUCCULENT CHINESE MEAL guy. There's no evidence that he's a shithead terf.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

hooman posted:

This seems very unfair on the A SUCCULENT CHINESE MEAL guy. There's no evidence that he's a shithead terf.

He was an old white Australian guy though so he was hella racist.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Unperson_47 posted:

Which one, though? This is important because it's going to ruin my perception of the character depending on the shark dick he's talking about. I have my incensed tweet typed up and at the ready. It's OK because I also have two dicks.
Actually the two dick thing about sharks is a common misconception, those are claspers and are barely used for penetration. A humanoid shark would be exclusively a bottom due to having no dick

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Constantine only loves one thing and it's because a complete rear end in a top hat to anything and everything in the multiverse.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

goblin week posted:

Actually the two dick thing about sharks is a common misconception, those are claspers and are barely used for penetration. A humanoid shark would be exclusively a bottom due to having no dick

thank's

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
On the plus side, you wouldn't need lube to penetrate King Shark, his skin is so smooth you'd just slide in.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Sunswipe posted:

On the plus side, you wouldn't need lube to penetrate King Shark, his skin is so smooth you'd just slide in.

Ah but that's only in one direction, it'd be like a chinese finger trap for yo' dick.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

How many times do we have to go over this, sharks are smooth as hell from every direction.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Inceltown posted:

He was an old white Australian guy though so he was hella racist.

How can he be racist though when all he wants is A SUCCULENT CHINESE MEAL?!

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

BioEnchanted posted:

Ah but that's only in one direction, it'd be like a chinese finger trap for yo' dick.

Story of my life.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.

goblin week posted:

Yeah for the actual two-dick action you want snakes and lizards, or if you want to get really wild there's always marsupials. Female marsupials somehow manage to one-up the two-dicked males with their two uteruses. And three vaginas.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, the main effect of Constantine being bi is that men and women are equally vulnerable to having their souls torn to shreds in hell for all eternity because they got too close to John and something nasty that he was nasty to decided to pick them for revenge.

Hell that happens to people who just casually know Constantine. The dude is cursed

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Brawnfire posted:

I think you'll find children are now children until their parents die or disown them, and cannot be allowed individual rights outside their stifling parentage. The idea of thinking autonomous adults was for the past, anyone born since these old crusty motherfuckers could form cogent thoughts will never count as a rational developed human in their eyes.

TERFs are quite literally wanting 80s-style conservatism back and are deluding themselves that they aren't.

See also: there's a famous 1985 legal case that lets teenagers get birth control without their parent's knowledge or consent. The TERFs have been claiming for weeks that the government's desire to remove "competent minor" consent for puberty blockers won't affect that case, and then a Tory MP literally said it should.

Then there's also the really unhinged lot that want the age of medical consent for transition care to be pushed up to 25 because :biotruths:.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Agents are GO! posted:

How many times do we have to go over this, sharks are smooth as hell from every direction.

No they aren't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agents are GO! posted:

BATS AREN'T BUGS!