Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

I think that's where they try to sell people cars that will be ready for pickup while they're on deployment. Not sure, I avoid anything near car sales like the plague.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/ThrownIntoSol/status/1258143370075144192?s=20

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How many shots before it rips all it's bolts out of that trailer bed?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's a shame armored trains had so brief a chance to shine in milhist but there's always hope they'll return after the cleansing of fire to ward off wasteland raiders

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's a shame armored trains had so brief a chance to shine in milhist but there's always hope they'll return after the cleansing of fire to ward off wasteland raiders

Snowpiercer 2: Snowpierced

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

french used armored trains in indochina

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXlPiRlhkQE

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

PookBear posted:

french used armored trains in indochina

how'd that go for them

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqxrJHkzS0I

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

how'd that go for them

french didn't have american air power and had to use trains for a lot of their logistics so the trains were attacked constantly

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/foxalive555/status/1260881417938128897?s=20

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

It’s upside down.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Blind Rasputin posted:

It’s upside down.

I don't get it.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

joat mon posted:

I don't get it.

The person was tweeting at Alessandra Mussolini who is Il Duce's daughter. Il Duce's body was famously hung upside down after being captured and killed by partisans in the war.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Suicide Watch posted:

The person was tweeting at Alessandra Mussolini who is Il Duce's daughter. Il Duce's body was famously hung upside down after being captured and killed by partisans in the war.

Yes but it's not upside down because the guy is already upside down. Check and mate, athetits

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Suicide Watch posted:

Yep. My confusion was in not seeing what Blind Rasputin saw in the picture.

NightGyr
Mar 7, 2005
I � Unicode

Suicide Watch posted:

Also she's gotten in a twitter war before with Jim Carrey of all people after he tweeted a drawing of the body.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

The best Mussolini thing happening lately was when a black football player stood upside down in front of fascist fans from the opposite team after they lobbed racist jeers his way.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Force de Fappe posted:

The best Mussolini thing happening lately was when a black football player stood upside down in front of fascist fans from the opposite team after they lobbed racist jeers his way.

During the 2019 UK general election the media demanded a Jewish Labour mp apologise because she said the same Lazio fans you mentioned should get their heads kicked in for doing Nazi salutes on the streets of Glasgow

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/S2Steercos/status/1262508865440055303?s=20

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
So, that ammo definitely cost more than whatever would have been destroyed, right?

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

I've always wondered how we have so few casualties from rocket attacks and now I get it. Good post!

A Bad Poster posted:

So, that ammo definitely cost more than whatever would have been destroyed, right?

Why be like this?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

A Bad Poster posted:

What price are you putting on human lives?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

chitoryu12 posted:

What price are you putting on human lives?

SGLI say 400k or something.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

A Bad Poster posted:

What are you, a capitalist?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

A Bad Poster posted:

Probably (because they usually miss), but maybe not. There's only one way to find out, and letting yourself get bombed out of curiosity is a loving stupid strategy.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
And on top of that the coverage area of C-RAM is pretty small, so it's not like they shoot down every rocket landing in the middle of fuckall nowhere. Do they hit a lot of rockets that probably would've hit a T-wall or Hesco or parking lot with a generic Toyota or something? Sure. But it's not like they're even engaging rockets targeting the field outside the base.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

mlmp08 posted:

And on top of that the coverage area of C-RAM is pretty small, so it's not like they shoot down every rocket landing in the middle of fuckall nowhere. Do they hit a lot of rockets that probably would've hit a T-wall or Hesco or parking lot with a generic Toyota or something? Sure. But it's not like they're even engaging rockets targeting the field outside the base.

how about a little respect for the sanctity and value of old hilux pickups

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

US Berder Patrol posted:

how about a little respect for the sanctity and value of old hilux pickups

He said hit not *destroy*, the damage adds some character while not impacting functionality.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Scale modelers go to great lengths to add scuffing and battle damage on their models, really the missileers are providing a valuable service

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

A Bad Poster posted:

human life aside the ammo might cost more in dollars but the method to replenish ammo is streamlined compared to the logistics of replacing whatever random equipment gets blown up. You also have to factor in the cost paying people to sit around while some cheap comm tower gets replaced.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
The rounds are $30 or less each last I checked. So one engagement is in the thousands of dollars range. Training rounds are way cheaper. The system itself is what gets pricy.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

yeah but we can't chance rear echelon troops dying, only special forces that knew what they signed up for are acceptable losses.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

PookBear posted:

yeah but we can't chance rear echelon troops dying, only special forces that knew what they signed up for are acceptable losses.

Now I'm imagining some poor SF guy lugging around a man-portable version

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

A Bad Poster posted:

Not after you add deployment costs.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

aphid_licker posted:

Scale modelers go to great lengths to add scuffing and battle damage on their models, really the missileers are providing a valuable service

Hell some go above and beyond even that

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Sorry but thats loving cool.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Syrian Lannister posted:

Sorry but thats loving cool.

Something similar, made functional: https://www.instructables.com/id/Saturn-V-Lamp/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

:flashfap: