Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

prefect posted:

am i too late for rss-reader chat? still like inoreader, i do

ive heard good things about it! the big thing that got me to fiery feeds was reeder rewrote their app and left out a bunch of old features, so fiery was able to recreate my one weird work flow of interactions perfectly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I like feedly, been playing around with netnewswire too

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

qirex posted:

Feedly likes to rearrange your feeds to "most popular" first without telling you, which is a pretty naked attempt to monetize what gets shown first.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

axolotl farmer posted:

my wife just took me to an outdoor gym session with a PT leader. pushups and burpees and all that.

I'm ded and almost barfed.
i always remember the time i barfed water during kickboxing training, specifically practicing dodging/weaving under a broomstick

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i always remember the time i barfed water during kickboxing training, specifically practicing dodging/weaving under a broomstick

is that an allowed technique?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

is that an allowed technique?
it was super effective!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Look at this guy getting all weird and aggro for no reason.

This loser is still exposing his inferiority complex by responding to me after I made fun of him. When you've got a huge inferiority complex, it's literally impossible for you to not respond to your betters.

Apr 7, 2003

That was in response to another weirdo getting aggro over nothing.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
getting aggro over nothing is like, your posting persona though

Apr 7, 2003

That's my 2018 posting persona, I've been pretty chill lately.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Feedly likes to rearrange your feeds to "most popular" first without telling you, which is a pretty naked attempt to monetize what gets shown first.

I've been using feedly for years and years and it's never rearranged my feeds, did you put them in folders?

Apr 7, 2003

qirex posted:

I've been using feedly for years and years and it's never rearranged my feeds, did you put them in folders?

Yeah, I had them in folders with newest first, I've noticed in the web interface that they started getting set to "most popular first" back when they rolled that feature out and some of my feeds still revert to that occasionally.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

i use a self hosted copy of miniflux for all my feed reading needs

on ios i use reeder, with the fever api for talking to miniflux

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i just use the feedly notifier extension in chrome, i haven't seen the feedly web ui in like a year

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Progressive JPEG posted:

i use a self hosted copy of miniflux for all my feed reading needs

on ios i use reeder, with the fever api for talking to miniflux

oh hey, i hadnt seen this before! i liked self-hosting, and this looks more minimal and direct than ttrss by a mile. maybe its time to go back to self-hosting, since all i ever used before was ttsss with a fever api plugin

ttrss is a bell and whistle factory, which is all fine if its your consumption point but it assumes you want to cj at home with at best acerbic support from the creator. that this is a single binary and not several packages with php and apache is icing on the trim cake

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

prefect posted:

am i too late for rss-reader chat? still like inoreader, i do

newsblur is very needs suiting

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

qirex posted:

I upgraded from NNW 4 to NNW 5 last weekend and some of the dormant feeds I've been subscribed to for decades suddenly came alive again

like I thought this cooking blog was dead, turns out I just missed 10 years of posts or whatever

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

I use Feedly but it's a real piece of poo poo compard to Google Reader.

same and same

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Agile Vector posted:

ttrss is a bell and whistle factory, which is all fine if its your consumption point but it assumes you want to cj at home with at best acerbic support from the creator. that this is a single binary and not several packages with php and apache is icing on the trim cake

fwiw miniflux does want an instance of postgres available for persistent storage but once that's set up you're good to go

also backups are done by just backing up the postgres db directly

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
I’m old and do not trust computers

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

I’m old and do not trust computers
I’m computer and do not trust olds

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

There was a dude on My 600pbs Life (or whatever it's called in English, we use the more prosaic name Life-Threateningly Fat) who weighed the same as me (after surgery and rehab) and was on oxygen and used a walker. Scary poo poo. I mean I get that he'd gone to poo poo while weighing 1000 kg or whatever but still.

Good motivation for going out to take a walk.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

3D Megadoodoo posted:

There was a dude on My 600pbs Life (or whatever it's called in English, we use the more prosaic name Life-Threateningly Fat) who weighed the same as me (after surgery and rehab) and was on oxygen and used a walker. Scary poo poo. I mean I get that he'd gone to poo poo while weighing 1000 kg or whatever but still.

Good motivation for going out to take a walk.

you weigh 1000 kg?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
My 600fps life: a tale of eSports

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Schadenboner posted:

My 600fps life: a tale of eSports
one ton speedrun any %

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

fart simpson posted:

you weigh 1000 kg?

Yes. Now what did you get me for Mothers' Day?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
That seems like a very unhealthful weight. Perhaps switch to 1%?

:ohdear:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I only drink fatless.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug

fart simpson posted:

you weigh 1000 kg?

1 Mg

that always drove me crazy in star trek: "that anomaly is 400,000 kilometers away and closing on our position!"

i feel like that would be exactly the time to say "400 megameters" like you might expect from a future society that has become more accustomed to astronomical measurement scales

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Progressive JPEG posted:

fwiw miniflux does want an instance of postgres available for persistent storage but once that's set up you're good to go

also backups are done by just backing up the postgres db directly

oh cool, yeah thats not too bad really. for ttrss it botched the db in an upgrade once so i kept backups basically the same way

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

lol my scales show 10 kg less if i move them about 1 m? there's no visible difference in the flooring so idk what is up with that

anyway still fat, set myself a schedule (again)

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

lol my scales show 10 kg less if i move them about 1 m? there's no visible difference in the flooring so idk what is up with that

anyway still fat, set myself a schedule (again)

lay off the monk pigs, jerry!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

President Beep posted:

lay off the monk pigs, jerry!

haven't had a monk since this whole work-from-home thing started. no free meat pies, no free monks, no palaver wieners, no nothing ;_;

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

palaver wieners,
...go on

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

wieners you have at a a palaver

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

hell yeah Wiener bread and fried monks!

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

that stuff will kill you btw :(

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I just realized I haven't had a gout attack in a good while. What's wrong with me?!?!?

Apr 7, 2003

I've never had a gout attack, what are you people eating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

gout