Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Man this game is almost a decade old, maybe I shouldn't be surprised that it runs so well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Lord Lambeth posted:

Man this game is almost a decade old, maybe I shouldn't be surprised that it runs so well

what... has it been that long already.... my bones... my bones... :corsair:

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Tried out kb/mouse for shits and this game has the most Japanese rear end default control scheme. R is main menu, middle mouse is team attack, hold alt for wonder liner. If you hit ESC because every other game in the world uses that for main menu it makes the game windowed

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Someone should double-check this, but I think another change I haven't seen mentioned here is: if you fail a Kahkoo-Regah stage and try again it doesn't seem to count as a death (the way it was in Bayonetta). IIRC in the original it counted unless you left the room after the failure and came back in, which I think most people assumed was a bug.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

I really suck at this game, but it's a lot of fun. I wonder if I'll just get into the groove of things eventually or what, but I'm having a hard time parsing what's going on. Missiles firing from the sky with the indicators where they land obscured by enemies/my group of people, enemies attacking with a dash attack from some place I can't easily see, a way too close camera that's often obscured by buildings or other stuff.

I also haven't quite figured out which attacks I can bounce off and gain an advantage and which are apparently not blockable like that but I have to dodge instead. It's a bit of a mess to be honest, but I'm enjoying it so far and P* games generally take me a bit to understand what the heck is even going on.

Any good beginner tips for someone who never played the original? I feel like I'm not grasping some basic stuff here.

UnintelGen
Sep 5, 2018

Wonderful 100, Capitalism fails again!

Team, engaging Unlimited Funds!

abraxas posted:

I really suck at this game, but it's a lot of fun. I wonder if I'll just get into the groove of things eventually or what, but I'm having a hard time parsing what's going on. Missiles firing from the sky with the indicators where they land obscured by enemies/my group of people, enemies attacking with a dash attack from some place I can't easily see, a way too close camera that's often obscured by buildings or other stuff.

I also haven't quite figured out which attacks I can bounce off and gain an advantage and which are apparently not blockable like that but I have to dodge instead. It's a bit of a mess to be honest, but I'm enjoying it so far and P* games generally take me a bit to understand what the heck is even going on.

Any good beginner tips for someone who never played the original? I feel like I'm not grasping some basic stuff here.

The thing to remember is everyone's going to suck at this game... at first. And some, probably forever- but as long as you're having fun that's all that matters!

Still, some tips!

-When missiles/projectiles are raining from above remember: Your teammates do not matter. Keep your eye on the leader and keep them safe. These sections also rarely occur in ranked sections so don't sweat doing them perfectly. Also (minor spoilers) Wonder Yellow/hammer is introduced in Op 003 and an ability of hammer is to passively block overhead projectiles.

-Enemies with ramming/dash attacks typically have a loud distinct audio cue. Once you get the cue down, ramming enemies, like the Hoedown, are very easy to manage with guts. Guts in general has a generous active time, but you have to remember to not cancel guts early. If you need to guts, stick with it until the attack collides. Almost anything can be canceled into anything else. This gives you a lot of freedom, but makes the margin for mistakes much higher.

-The camera is your friend, trust me. I'm not gonna say it's perfect, but the camera typically gives you a good survey of the arena. You have very simple camera controls- zoom in/out. You have three total levels of zoom, and if you can always stay as zoomed out as possible.

-The game's block/dodge system is mostly ridged and predictable in nature. The game's got an underlying visual language that it (mostly) sticks to. Is an attack blunt, like a punch? Or piercing, like a sword stab or laser? Almost every attack has a tell before it's active frames; it largely follows that if the attack would pierce through the jello you dodge, and if it smashes the jello it is repelled. That's why the block move looks like jello! Building repetition/memorization is largely going to happen naturally.
The game doesn't distinctly tell you this, but your guts unite size matters for some attacks, particularly bosses. If it's too small it fails. Something to keep in mind. Your morphs are also capped by how many wonderful ones are currently available. This can get confusing when dealing with multiple unite morphs and battery.

-Gun is your lock on. When you shoot or team attack, enemies get circled. If only one enemy is circled, the game counts that as locked on and will swoosh morphs in that direction. You'll get a feel for it. It's great for multi unite to micro manage threats.

-Use sword to swipe fodder doughgoos. Use fist as your main damage dealer. Lotta people get stuck using sword and wonder why fights take so long.

-If there is still mission text on screen, you are still in a ranked fight. Make sure to finish missions before checking for secrets.

-Never craft space veggies for anything but credit cards. Always remember to equip blocks when you buy them. Most skills/morphs can be disabled if you feel overwhelmed.

Oh, and I'm gonna correct myself from earlier, team attacks do not seem to actually build battery. Still it's very useful to do so when you don't have battery because it can stun enemies and I think it keeps your combo going. Slot upgrades and upgrades make battery less of an issue, but never to the point you can mindlessly spam.

On another note, playing on Linux actually does have one fatal bug. Lucky me. The button mash prompts don't register when playing on a controller! Crazy! You can still mash with mouse input, it's weird.

UnintelGen fucked around with this message at 03:27 on May 9, 2020

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I really wish you could just use the Switch touch screen instead of the analogue sticks for the different transformations. It feels really fiddly and I'm terrible at doing it quickly in a pinch.

It took me about 10 attempts to make a triangle instead of a circle with the drat joycon stick.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Combat is tough for me in this game. Is it just sword/hand then smash the button? I did get a stinger move which was nice, do I get more stuff soon? Right now I'm just using the spring move to hop around and punch, reminds me of Astral Chain's early game where it was pretty basic.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Social Animal posted:

Combat is tough for me in this game. Is it just sword/hand then smash the button? I did get a stinger move which was nice, do I get more stuff soon? Right now I'm just using the spring move to hop around and punch, reminds me of Astral Chain's early game where it was pretty basic.

You get a stinger for just about every weapon- and yeah you get more skills the more you use a weapon. Gun has some hidden transformations that you have to look up online to use (turn into missile launchers etc) but everything else is just natural.

Starting out there won't be much but as you get more 'core' weapons like Claws or the Hammer they'll start introducing enemies that you'll have to swap to rapidly.

Fist: Does the most damage, but shields/bouncy enemies will cause you to recoil
Sword: Slightly less damage but can cut through Jelly enemies and a lot of other things opening them up to fist
Gun: Good for distance enemies, it's big draw is that it can catch some projectiles and fire them back. One of the least useful ones but eh.
Whip: Long range version of sword. I actually don't remember using it too much because it's kind of slow.
Hammer: Insanely slow but almost nothing can defend itself from it and it's the big damage weapon. It speeds up with more skills you get and it's stinger is great.
Claws: Can rip open enemy defenses (specific enemies require it) and it's insanely fast. Can freeze enemies but does really low damage. It's fun to switch to once you get drawing it down.
Bomb: Literally just a combo tool. Probably the best weapon in the game as it freezes enemies completely in vulnerable states for long periods of time so you don't have to worry about foes defending themselves or recovering.

So later on you'll find enemies that require a weapon to open up- but will take more damage from a different weapon type so you'll be swapping a lot in no time. Like there's a dragon enemy that shows up around mission 3 (or 4) that can use its wings to form a dome around itself for protection. You'll want to use Claws to open the dome. Bomb to keep it frozen in it's vulnerable state then Fist to smash its head in for major damage- entire time you can have a sword or another weapon auto attacking it turning a couple minute long fight into a few seconds long

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

stev posted:

I really wish you could just use the Switch touch screen instead of the analogue sticks for the different transformations. It feels really fiddly and I'm terrible at doing it quickly in a pinch.

It took me about 10 attempts to make a triangle instead of a circle with the drat joycon stick.

Think of it like a fighting game not so much skate, and almost tap the stick per direction. Also don't forget that time slows down when drawing so don't panic, just redraw. And if I'm thinking of the part you're on, the glider, certain sections are just really finicky.

But it's news that you can't use the touch screen, might not grab the game for a while now.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 9, 2020

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Got the poo poo kicked out of me on mission 001-B, and I beat this game when it came out. Good times, thanks Platinum. I still need to get used to the timing for everything again, and remember which moves can be block and which need to be dodged. Like I forgot that you could block scorpion guy’s slashes and jump move to get an opening.

And in typical P* fashion there are mechanics nobody tells you about like sending people into windows to get items, or fish turning into money if you draw a line around them. But I remember that so yay me?

Also the Switch version runs beautifully, no complaints here.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 19:58 on May 9, 2020

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

You get a stinger for just about every weapon- and yeah you get more skills the more you use a weapon. Gun has some hidden transformations that you have to look up online to use (turn into missile launchers etc) but everything else is just natural.

Starting out there won't be much but as you get more 'core' weapons like Claws or the Hammer they'll start introducing enemies that you'll have to swap to rapidly.

Sword: Slightly less damage but can cut through Jelly enemies and a lot of other things opening them up to fist
Gun: Good for distance enemies, it's big draw is that it can catch some projectiles and fire them back. One of the least useful ones but eh.
Whip: Long range version of sword. I actually don't remember using it too much because it's kind of slow.
Hammer: Insanely slow but almost nothing can defend itself from it and it's the big damage weapon. It speeds up with more skills you get and it's stinger is great.
Claws: Can rip open enemy defenses (specific enemies require it) and it's insanely fast. Can freeze enemies but does really low damage. It's fun to switch to once you get drawing it down.
Bomb: Literally just a combo tool. Probably the best weapon in the game as it freezes enemies completely in vulnerable states for long periods of time so you don't have to worry about foes defending themselves or recovering.

So later on you'll find enemies that require a weapon to open up- but will take more damage from a different weapon type so you'll be swapping a lot in no time. Like there's a dragon enemy that shows up around mission 3 (or 4) that can use its wings to form a dome around itself for protection. You'll want to use Claws to open the dome. Bomb to keep it frozen in it's vulnerable state then Fist to smash its head in for major damage- entire time you can have a sword or another weapon auto attacking it turning a couple minute long fight into a few seconds long

Thanks for the info, I’m hyped up for these other weapons. Oh yeah and what about the attack where your followers all attack? The damage seems low but I noticed enemies get this hula hoop around them when I use it.

The whole game gives me Viewtiful Joe vibes and that was a game I had a tough time getting the hang of also.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Social Animal posted:

Thanks for the info, I’m hyped up for these other weapons. Oh yeah and what about the attack where your followers all attack? The damage seems low but I noticed enemies get this hula hoop around them when I use it.

The whole game gives me Viewtiful Joe vibes and that was a game I had a tough time getting the hang of also.

That attack is pretty useful for stunning enemies to get the smackdown on them with the fist.

stev posted:

Cannot imagine playing this on a joycon, pro controller all the way.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Social Animal posted:

If you use the standard attack button, yi think, you do a pikmin like attack where your wondas will stick to an enemy, slowing them and sometimes disrupting attacks. I think you also get a multiplier fit every attack that hits that enemy as well.

There's also the multi unite, where you throw out an automated unite attack that you can't control but can immediately follow up with a another unite.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
Also, when the enemy has a hoola hoop, that's a lock-on. Certain attacks, like multi-unites, will target such enemies. And if you have enough allies climbing on an enemy, they'll start flashing yellow, which means they're vulnerable to more moves, like being able to launch enemies you couldn't otherwise.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Gun is one of the most useful weapons! It attaches people to enemies like your regular team attack, but once you get the Stinger you can do it rapid-fire to keep up your combo and stun enemies faster, it's extremely important for getting high ranks on harder difficulties.

Also the whip isn't just the long range sword. It can attack spiky things without recoiling, and can grab and throw stunned enemies

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Xad posted:

Gun is one of the most useful weapons! It attaches people to enemies like your regular team attack, but once you get the Stinger you can do it rapid-fire to keep up your combo and stun enemies faster, it's extremely important for getting high ranks on harder difficulties.

Also the whip isn't just the long range sword. It can attack spiky things without recoiling, and can grab and throw stunned enemies

Knew I was forgetting something with the whip :v:. I just don't recall using it all that much and didn't fact check myself so my fault there.

As for Gun it might be but I went through hard mode barely touching it unless I wanted to feel flashy so eh- comes down to options/playstyles I guess :v:

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Every time I pull out the gun it's a stupid slow rocket launcher. I can't find any rhyme or reason as to why I have that sometimes and why I have the handgun.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Lol i completely forgot how long each mission section is.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Social Animal posted:

Every time I pull out the gun it's a stupid slow rocket launcher. I can't find any rhyme or reason as to why I have that sometimes and why I have the handgun.

It's weapon size that determines it, if you want the pistol draw a small shape, bigger shape gives you the sniper which is usually less useful afaik

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Pretty sure the gun unite is the only one that does that, everything else just makes a bigger fist/sword/whip/whatever.

edit: something I think the game doesn't tell you is that you can swap to any character in your party at any time. This is worth doing because each of the wonderful 101 can level up. leveling up your wonderful 101 gives you more space for custom blocks. custom blocks are how you break the game over your knee. There are also other unite morphs beyond the core ones you unlock in the normal story progression which I won't spoil but you can look up a guide elsewhere on.

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 14:47 on May 10, 2020

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I really wanted to like this but I have to put it down, I'm straight up not having a good time. It's like trying to rub your belly and tap your head at the same time, except they keep demanding that you change with no warning. The only way I get through parts is by memorization.

I'll probably get back to it someday cause I do see what they were trying to get at but oof not today.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
It's very much one of those platinum things where you basically aren't playing the actual game until you've bought at least the parry, the dodge and the thing that doubles your battery regeneration rate.

Also there's plenty of warning for basically everything the enemies do, but it'll take some time to learn and recognize the cues.

UnintelGen
Sep 5, 2018

I know I am very new to the genre, but if I had anything to compare the learning curve/experience to The Wonderful 101 (Or most Platinum/Kamiya games) it would be the Fighting game genre. There's a very 'uncool' and rough aspect to learning a new fighting game, something that bounces a lot of players off. Learning strings, knowing what an overhead block is or when to crouch block, to how you combo with your low/high attacks- There's a very similar feeling of progression. Like something I struggle with, say, Guilty Gear, is being able to forward/backward jump. Often I'll just jump straight in the air instead. There's very rigid input to what is considered '7/9' and '8', and it can take me weeks to acclimate to it. ONCE I do though, it 'clicks'. I'm not 100 with it, but I can reliably jump forward and backwards with relative ease. It's never going to be as easy as, say, Mario- But there's a logic that the game adheres to. That's just jumping- I still can't reliably combo into a super.

I feel the difference here is that a typical fighting game has an external motivation for getting better- You're meant to face a real human being who's ideally learning the same or in a similar form to you. In a game like The Wonderful 101, there's only internal motivation for improving and learning the nuances of the mechanics- You're only ever going to use your skills against predetermined challenges by yourself. I feel often the tutorials/help materials feel very similarly sparse (in comparison to W101) in a lot of fighting games I've tried. There's some exceptions, sure, but true game knowledge tends to come from a community. I've watched people play this game blind, and the better ones are where the player has someone who has all the answers occasionally whispering in their ear this and that; to make sure there's a minimum amount of frustration.

Ultimately, I feel W101 rewards you in much the same way a complex fighting game does. You end up doing sick rear end poo poo and, with a mastery of the mechanics, are able to repeatably conquer the same challenges with high scores. It's that consistency that's important.

In tangentially related news- I've jerry-rigged a config for my fightstick to play W101. I thought about how to do it during the KS, and it mostly came out like I wanted it to. It also loving works. I just finished up to Operation 003 (Only for testing, I'm going to start fresh since I was practicing/fixing up bugs) and while I'm not Pure Plat-ing much- I am playing fairly consistently to how I would a regular controller as far as ranks go. And except for it being a slight strain on my hand, everything plays like you'd expect it too. It's goddamn surreal. And the game almost feels tailored for it, despite the obvious lack of a second stick. I'm sure some later gimmick sections suck, but the core gameplay loop works brilliantly. I actually really wish my computer wasn't poo poo so I could stream/record some boss runs or something. I'm not, like, great at this game- But I do well enough and could Pure Plat at least the first few bosses. It also has the secondary benefit of making most shooter sections more bearable/good. I managed to cram in every main function, even taunting and the second screen dpad, into a sensible function using macros. I haven't hosed around with controller configs this much since playing Ground Zeroes with my Steam Controller, which while I like well enough has been gathering dust for the most part. I know people have been using it for W101, the drawing is definitely one of those niche cases where the Steam Controller edges out a stick, but I prefer my arcade stick and it'll probably be the way I play through W101 on Steam until my Switch version arrives.

So now you can say I am, in fact, using fighting game inputs

UnintelGen fucked around with this message at 03:19 on May 11, 2020

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I can confirm, do not sleep on the Speed Charge custom block. Also, do not sleep on gathering mixer components: getting 30 of each will make you an item that allows you to buy ANYTHING on the shop for free (Free I the sense you aren’t paying O Parts but you get my point)

I know no one is playing this for LORE but I like that the world map looks suitably hosed up for a setting where there have been two previous invasions (the starting city is in the middle of a crater)

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 03:38 on May 11, 2020

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

UnintelGen posted:

I haven't hosed around with controller configs this much since playing Ground Zeroes with my Steam Controller, which while I like well enough has been gathering dust for the most part. I know people have been using it for W101, the drawing is definitely one of those niche cases where the Steam Controller edges out a stick, but I prefer my arcade stick and it'll probably be the way I play through W101 on Steam until my Switch version arrives.

Where have you heard about people using their steam controllers? I tried to set mine up under the same logic you have here but the games mouse support is extremely janky and it was impossible to use, I'd be curious to know if someone got it working

UnintelGen
Sep 5, 2018

Jenny Agutter posted:

Where have you heard about people using their steam controllers? I tried to set mine up under the same logic you have here but the games mouse support is extremely janky and it was impossible to use, I'd be curious to know if someone got it working

Admittedly I'm only talking about a single reddit post. (here)

Guy is apparently in the 101 Discord. (Cause someone else was asking the same thing, regarding the Steam Controller.)

Don't think he posted yet, but if he does he could probably tell you how he did it. Also he should post his config, but I'm not sure Steam makes those public while the game is unavailable.

Mouse input is bugged on my end too, but I assumed that was another Linux related bug. The wonder liner won't register right inputs, only left up and down.

Edit: he posted the config in the comments :doh:

Try that

UnintelGen fucked around with this message at 04:31 on May 11, 2020

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Oh man oh man, my favorite Wii U game and one of my top 10 games ever is coming back baby! :woop:

Also, does the Bomb Liner exploit where running the Attack Liner upgrade over an enemy frozen by Unite Bomb to deal massive damage still work? Asking cause I'm waiting on the Switch version to unlock a bit later.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

UnintelGen posted:

Admittedly I'm only talking about a single reddit post. (here)

Guy is apparently in the 101 Discord. (Cause someone else was asking the same thing, regarding the Steam Controller.)

Don't think he posted yet, but if he does he could probably tell you how he did it. Also he should post his config, but I'm not sure Steam makes those public while the game is unavailable.

Mouse input is bugged on my end too, but I assumed that was another Linux related bug. The wonder liner won't register right inputs, only left up and down.

Edit: he posted the config in the comments :doh:

Try that

Thanks I'll check it out when I get the chance. The mouse is very poorly implemented in Windows too, it acts like a real mouse pointer in that at some point it hits the edge of the "screen" (which does not coincided with the actual game viewport) and you can't continue drawing the wonder liner in that direction until you move the "pointer" back the other direction, it's basically useless.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Chev posted:

It's very much one of those platinum things where you basically aren't playing the actual game until you've bought at least the parry, the dodge and the thing that doubles your battery regeneration rate.

Also there's plenty of warning for basically everything the enemies do, but it'll take some time to learn and recognize the cues.

W101 is secretly the hardest platinum game coupled with the worst tutorials imaginable. You wouldn't believe it but it was incredibly easy to not buy the dodge and parry moves in the original Wii U release, making even that first level a hellscape.

I wonder how common it is but I bought W101 on the Wii U, hated it, later watched an LP of it that explained how to play, realized I was playing it wrong, then went back and enjoyed it.

Even in this version, friends of mine missed that the sword reflects lasers and that unite hand lets you get firey because I am pretty sure they either don't tell you this or it only flashes on the screen for 2 seconds.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
They tell you about the lasers a couple times but the hand is never mentioned.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

:hmmyes:

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Mokinokaro posted:

They tell you about the lasers a couple times but the hand is never mentioned.

Playing remastered so far, I do feel Gun and Whip are tutorialized way better than hand or sword.

Platinum‘s never been good at teaching people how to play their games, MGR is another infamous one in this regard, but I've always felt this game especially was hurt due to that.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Which upgrade is worth using the credit card for? Ukemi? Just looking for the highest price item with the most positive benefit.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, i can't really draw the figures with an analog stick. sucks.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Social Animal posted:

Which upgrade is worth using the credit card for? Ukemi? Just looking for the highest price item with the most positive benefit.

Really depends on how you like to play. I've never been able to get ukemi timing down so I use a credit card for the parry, but if you want more damage output buying more multi morphs is the way to go. You should have enough materials to get two credit cards by mission 5 if you explore levels so don't feel the need to hoard them.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Magna Kaser posted:

Playing remastered so far, I do feel Gun and Whip are tutorialized way better than hand or sword.

Platinum‘s never been good at teaching people how to play their games, MGR is another infamous one in this regard, but I've always felt this game especially was hurt due to that.

Wonderful 101 straight up doesn’t tell you some things, but MGR does that and sometimes even the things it tells you are worthless. I still know people who couldn’t figure out how to parry based on the tutorial they gave, and the vast majority of players I talked to didn’t know you could cut off Sundowner’s shield - so they missed the game teaching them to cut through multiple points (and ate poo poo when Armstrong started throwing rocks.)

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Pirate Jet posted:

Wonderful 101 straight up doesn’t tell you some things, but MGR does that and sometimes even the things it tells you are worthless. I still know people who couldn’t figure out how to parry based on the tutorial they gave, and the vast majority of players I talked to didn’t know you could cut off Sundowner’s shield - so they missed the game teaching them to cut through multiple points (and ate poo poo when Armstrong started throwing rocks.)

I'm sorry but your friends are dumb. The game literally freezes in place and forces you how to learn to do these things. You can't get mad at a game if you skip a tutorial, and using Blade Mode on specific body parts is something every human size boss asks you to do and rewards you for.

I'm not defending the typical practice of lobbying dodge and parry moves in the item shop that they do in every single game they make. I understand why they do it but I get why people don't like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

I'm sorry but your friends are dumb. The game literally freezes in place and forces you how to learn to do these things. You can't get mad at a game if you skip a tutorial, and using Blade Mode on specific body parts is something every human size boss asks you to do and rewards you for.

I’m not referring to my friends, I’m referring to goons.

The game rewards you for slicing off body parts but there’s little to no indication that you can cut up Sundowner’s shield (and in fact plenty more that you can’t.) A significant chunk, if not the majority of players, thought you just had to get behind him.