Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

I don't see any pus but I have the red spots in the back of my mouth/throat and it sorta hurts to swallow. No respiratory issues or cough. No runny nose.

Also apparently getting strep increases the likelihood of getting it. Which is fun. I'm waiting until tomorrow to see how I'm feeling. If I haven't improved drastically I'm calling the clinic to see what I should do. If this is strep, at least it's way more mild than the last time I had it.

alnilam

If it might be strep you should def see a doc or nurse because iirc strep can occasionally get outta control and need antibiotics

You already said you're calling the clinic so you good

Goons Are Gifts

love you swr, if you don't feel better soon I'm gonna fly to japan and KICK THE rear end OF THAT DISEASE!!

alnilam

Goons Are Great posted:

love you swr, if you don't feel better soon I'm gonna fly to japan and KICK THE rear end OF THAT DISEASE!!

Someone's been posting in Fight Island recently

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
get well soon swr!

xcheopis

My day so far:
:argh: :kingsley: :rant: :supaburn: :tif:

Fifteen years taking prescriptions
Now a shrink like, "I dunno, maybe get a kitten"

Escape From Noise

Yeah. Just woke up in the middle of the night. Still not feeling well. I'm definitely seeing a doc tomorrow.

I have a friend who is definitely not dealing with this whole situation very well. I told her I was sick, but I probably shouldn't have. She told me I should just get some cough drops and wait it out until I explained to her what strep was. Now she's messaging me a bunch of stuff about clinics and doctors turning away patients and you can't see a dentist unless you're in extreme pain and even then they're hesitant to see anyone. Kind of like I'm not taking this seriously or something.

Normally I would have gone to the doctor almost immediately but decided to wait a bit given the current situation. Also after looking up some stuff on strep one place said something about going to the doctor if symptoms haven't gone away in 48 hours so I thought that would be a fair time frame.

Sorry for kind of rambling. It's just really frustrating to me.

Goons Are Gifts

Here when you feel sick it is recommended, on symptoms of a common cold even required, to call a doctor before visiting, describing symptoms and talk about what to do. Is that an option for you there, or is going there mandatory?

Escape From Noise

I'll call first, but the covid testing is being handled separately from hospitals and you need to call to a hotline make an appointment if symptoms have persisted for four days, but not before that.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

i'm sorry sweetwilly :( hang in there friend.

Shifty Nipples

xcheopis posted:

My day so far:

Yeah that is pretty accurate for me too.

Hope you get well soon SweetWillyRollbar

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Escape From Noise

Thanks! All in all I'm not feeling great obviously, but not that bad. I would never have thought it was strep because when I had it before I was dying

xcheopis

Shifty Nipples posted:

Yeah that is pretty accurate for me too.

A few things got pushed to next week, so my day has improved!

Shifty Nipples

xcheopis posted:

A few things got pushed to next week, so my day has improved!

Happy to hear that :toot:

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Shifty Nipples posted:

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

i'm so psyhcologically drained from all this poo poo. almost wish i still lived in LA so i could see my old therapist

thanks to the orbs for making all the great posts that provide some escape

Goons Are Gifts

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

i'm so psyhcologically drained from all this poo poo. almost wish i still lived in LA so i could see my old therapist

Maybe you can at least schedule a phone call or something? Just to talk how's it going and if there is time, a little help in these times can change a lot

xcheopis

Goons Are Great posted:

Maybe you can at least schedule a phone call or something? Just to talk how's it going and if there is time, a little help in these times can change a lot

We don't have universal medical coverage.

Goons Are Gifts

Ugh, sorry.

take the moon

by sebmojo

Goons Are Great posted:

deliv r it a devastating tiger driver 98

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

take the moon

by sebmojo

ur a funny poster dude. stay strong

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

xcheopis

Saturdays are housework days and I was puttering about doing chores when I noticed pain and stiffness in my right foot. I put it down to not-great sandals at first but then noticed a large bruise across the top of the foot! wtf!?
I eventually had a vague memory of dropping something quite heavy on that foot Friday but it seemed ok in the moment.
That's how weird everything is for me right now. Not remembering dropping heavy objects on my feet less than 24 hours later.
Foot still stiff and bruised but improving. Cat cooperating by taking my shoulder hostage, instead.

Escape From Noise

Feeling a lot better today but went to the doctor just to be safe and got some meds.

alnilam

:peanut:

Goons Are Gifts

Stoner Sloth

xcheopis posted:

My day so far:

please add:
:glomp:

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Feeling a lot better today but went to the doctor just to be safe and got some meds.

needed some good news today, glad you are on the mend!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

xcheopis

Yes! That's great news!

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

just opened thread to shoutpost HOWS WILLY DOIN so, it is good to hear this update

Escape From Noise

just opened thread to shoutpost HOWS WILLY DOIN so, it is good to hear this update

My greatest concern is to keep you updated!:wink:

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 03:56 on May 12, 2020

Escape From Noise

I called it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS1HEhfIuLA

xcheopis

Complaint!
God drat, I am so tired.
Yay, I'm helping.

Escape From Noise

Looking like the state of emergency is going to be lifted in japan. Tokyo has gone a pretty long time with less than 100 new cases. They're lifting it already in 39 of the 47 prefectures. I think they're keeping it in place for the areas around Tokyo and Osaka as well as Hokkaido. The government here hasn't done the greatest job, but at least they've done something. People also seemed to take the precautions seriously for the most part.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

google THIS

My inner child is inconsolably disappointed that I don't look even remotely like a bad rear end ninja while wearing a face mask.

But on the bright side, my son and I were able to get haircuts today. I left $10 each in tips for our stylists.

Goons Are Gifts

When I'm doing a full hoodie and mask combo I look very ninja-y but what they don't know is that under the mask I'm stuck in a permanent surprised looking funny face mixed with :bahgawd:

I hope xray vision is not a thing that would be embarrassing

okiedoke

I am the Doke to the Okie
Got into it with the ex last night cause she let our son have a friend for a sleepover. This isn't people we're really close to or know anything about, other than our kids play at the park together sometimes. I don't get it, she works as a medical assistant at a clinic and should god damned know better. I'm already on shaky terms with my best bro over all this cause I didn't want to hang out and it's like, yeah gently caress it, just have random neighborhood kids staying over.

Robot Made of Meat

okiedoke posted:

Got into it with the ex last night cause she let our son have a friend for a sleepover. This isn't people we're really close to or know anything about, other than our kids play at the park together sometimes. I don't get it, she works as a medical assistant at a clinic and should god damned know better. I'm already on shaky terms with my best bro over all this cause I didn't want to hang out and it's like, yeah gently caress it, just have random neighborhood kids staying over.

I agree with your position, for all the good that does.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

kuskus

owlhawk911 posted:

i'm going to the city today. them boys got 25lbs of flour for me... just don't ask how.
What are your plans for the flour? To save my mom trips to the store I've made things in the past few days I once thought inconceivable such as hamburger buns and bagels. Gluten is fun.

Edit: if you want to watch my mom and I tend to our bees, you can.

kuskus fucked around with this message at 16:03 on May 18, 2020

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
So, last Friday night I was on a conference call with my wife, her mom, her older brother and his wife because my wife's brother was diagnosed with brain cancer back in July, and he was in the last stages of it and my mother in law had just got back from getting her son into bed.

She said he was fighting pretty hard to live.

During the video call, my wife's mom got a text from her grandson that his father had just died. If there ever was a perfect time...

A week ago today he was buried in a green ceremony, the grave was covered in fertile earth and seeds of flowers and plants, including a tree.

None of us could be there because of the virus, it was in North Carolina. But we were able to do a virtual vigil, since the funeral viewing and vigil was at home.

He was 51 years old, younger than me by 3 years. We met when he was 18, and it's going to be hard living life without him in it. He was a very present individual living in the moment, and enjoyed living, laughing and life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

gently caress I'm sorry man