Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I loving died when I got to the mod challenge

That's not how mod challenges work dumbass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

i kind of thought fleetwood crack was a seraph rereg but he wasn’t quite bombastic enough. a seraph on meds should have been obvious in hindsight.

he also came in on a parachute to request clemency for the fleetwood account already.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

quote:

I’m not surprised he left the thread and never returned. If this problem goes unaddressed I may end up having to do the same, as will anyone else who falls on the pro crypto side of the argument

no stop comeback :geno:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Lol, I like how he gets zapped after asking to check his IP. Do you think he couldn't figure out VPN, but thought he had?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

[.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

It’s a bit of a rough chuckle as I’m more convinced now that they are unwell and not trolling

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

quote:

Do you also advocate for burning books that you find objectionable? As far as I know, neither I nor anyone else in the GBS Bitcoin thread has posted about any finance crimes.

wrap it up you nocoiner nazis, no finance crimes here

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

idk how someone in tyool 2020 can come to the something awful dot com forums, go into snarky mock thread, and then be shocked when the mod in this mock thread on this comedy forum for assholes is very unreasonable and doesn't want to listen to their well-argued debate class speech

like that really feels like something the internet left behind 15-20 years ago but i guess not

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

jre posted:

It’s a bit of a rough chuckle as I’m more convinced now that they are unwell and not trolling

didn't he say he owned a million dollar house in this thread, yet in that thread he's skimping on rent to buy a PS4 :thunk:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
a butter ... lying? :monocle:

Aaravos
May 9, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Paladinus posted:

Lol, I like how he gets zapped after asking to check his IP. Do you think he couldn't figure out VPN, but thought he had?
Yeah, you got my number chief. I could figure out bitcoin in 2013 but not Nord VPN in 2018-20. Or is it more likely that I never bothered using a VPN in the first place, used the same name and debit card I've used 40 times before, and dropped about 10,000 hints that I'm Seraph over the past two years? Including the avatar of the Fleetwood Crack account - Aaravos, the villian from the show The Dragon Prince who is locked in a prison. He literally uses another 'avatar' (a human mage, the show's lesser villian) to work his will on this plane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzdHPoX4z6U

It's almost like I burned the account to make a point. Besides, if Lowtax really wanted me gone, I'd be gone. All he'd have to do is block my real name in the account registration field. Maybe the admins knew all along and were giving me a chance, or maybe they really are that inept. I'd suggest asking them.

Shame Boy posted:

didn't he say he owned a million dollar house in this thread, yet in that thread he's skimping on rent to buy a PS4 :thunk:
I could clarify for you (with proof) which of my posts about myself on the Fleetwood Crack account were lies and which were truth, but that would spoil the mystery! I know how much YOSPOS loves a good mystery! I will say this, the medication and treatment mentioned in my Unban Seraph84 QCS thread are real. So either I can afford to pay $500 out of pocket for medication each month and hundreds more for therapy, or I have a job with health insurance benefits.

Aaravos fucked around with this message at 12:16 on May 9, 2020

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Boxturret posted:

imagine thinking america is anything more than a tiny island with 3 dozen rats and a half dead chicken

trump killed the other half of the chicken :(

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Paladinus posted:

Lol, I like how

:wrong:

:hmmyes:

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
the 2013 blockchain understander has logged on

we are now ready to receive your wisdom. we're sorry, we just didn't know

haver of job; purchaser of ps4; hundredaire crypto capitalist tycoon; deferred rent payment plan arranger; watcher of anime garbage; patron of many spine therapies: be merciful unto us for we did not know

Aaravos
May 9, 2020

by Cyrano4747

tak posted:

the 2013 blockchain understander has logged on

we are now ready to receive your wisdom. we're sorry, we just didn't know

haver of job; purchaser of ps4; hundredaire crypto capitalist tycoon; deferred rent payment plan arranger; patron of many spine therapies: be merciful unto us for we did not know
lmao debating whether I should start posting signed transactions to show my true wealth in this thread. Tempting but probably not worth it given how I acquired those coins and the fact that Lowtax knows my true identity.

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
my capital gains are all just out of frame, they're laughing too

...!
Oct 5, 2003

temporarily embarrassed bitcoinaire

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!
https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/17137067/1/terpin-v-pinsky/

quote:

1. This case involves a sophisticated cybercrime spree masterminded by a then 15-year-old high school student in coordination with and with the active participation of other individuals, including several other minors. In this case. the cybercrime enterprise hacked accounts and then stole and laundered tens of millions of Plaintiff-s cryptocurrency. Working with confederates on multiple continents, the ringleader of this scheme. Defendant Ellis Pinsky ("Pinsky") has stolen over $100 million in cryptocumency. One prorninent victim is Plaintiff Michael Terpin, a high-profile cryptocurency pioneer, who lost nearly $24 million worth of cryptocurrency as a result of a hack perpetrated by Pinsky and his gang of digital bandits.

Aaravos
May 9, 2020

by Cyrano4747
This kid should is hero. They should give em a medal, that's fine work.

Never forget that stealing from the rich is praxis.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

the forums mining rig has found another permaban collision. gooncoin is going up!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's a real miracle of modern computer science that laughchain manages to accept so many transactions so fast.

Aaravos
May 9, 2020

by Cyrano4747
This is an excellent read: https://www.danheld.com/blog/2019/1/5/pow-is-efficent

quote:

When Satoshi designed PoW, he was fundamentally changing how consensus between humans is formed from political votes to apolitical votes (hashes) via the conversion of energy. PoW is proof of burn, or the validation that energy was burnt. Why is that important? It’s the most simplistic and fair way for the physical world to validate something in the digital world. PoW is about physics, not code. Bitcoin is a super commodity, minted from energy, the fundamental commodity of the universe. PoW transmutes electricity into digital gold.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Building the economy of the future on trading human faeces (Proof of Food).

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Basing an economy on who ever is able to waste the most electricity certainly is a great idea with no possible down sides

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

but if i couch it in a bunch of weasel words tied to complex topics that i don't actually understand then it's a foolproof way to get rubes like seraph to praise me

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

sarahcoin can only go up uP UP!

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Midjack posted:

i kind of thought fleetwood crack was a seraph rereg but he wasn’t quite bombastic enough. a seraph on meds should have been obvious in hindsight.

he also came in on a parachute to request clemency for the fleetwood account already.
in general i agree, he dodged questions enough to be any random true believer. though when he starting saying bitcoin was marxist i think i noted seraph was the only bitcoiner that seemed to argue that.

Aaravos posted:

It's almost like I burned the account to make a point. Besides, if Lowtax really wanted me gone, I'd be gone. All he'd have to do is block my real name in the account registration field. Maybe the admins knew all along and were giving me a chance, or maybe they really are that inept. I'd suggest asking them.
so you made a QCS thread that the admins have a cabal against you but suggest that either they were letting you post or didnt care about you. you dodged and made irrelevant posts so much the mods went lightly imo.

burt did nothing wrong.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

idk him getting all weird and obsessive about mods and probation maybe means he would fit in here

can they still train a poster on a single subforum? let him back but lock him in qcs

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

make a posting zoo or circus. each permabanned poster can only post in their single thread and goons can observe the results of touching the poop. this way to the egress! hire me lowtax.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Boxturret posted:

idk him getting all weird and obsessive about mods and probation maybe means he would fit in here

can they still train a poster on a single subforum? let him back but lock him in qcs

if i remember right it’s technically still possible but would require jeffrey to do some sql stuff in the live forums. he’s understandably reluctant to make one-off changes like that unless it’s truly dire.

CampingCarl posted:

make a posting zoo or circus. each permabanned poster can only post in their single thread and goons can observe the results of touching the poop. this way to the egress! hire me lowtax.

the post my favorites sub would be ideal for this.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

CampingCarl posted:

make seraph manage zaurg's finances

too cruel to both, nm

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

KnifeWrench posted:

make seraph manage zaurg's finances

too cruel to both, nm
two way findom was just theoretical until now

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

CampingCarl posted:

jesus christ monkeu has been rereg-ing for longer than most of us have been on the forum

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i can't believe the something awful forums charges :10bux: per post

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Julias posted:

I'm not gonna list all the names but they've had at least 45 accounts so far.

:staredog:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's finally here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHNGKvQS13k

...!
Oct 5, 2003

:wrong:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Fraudulent YouTube Bitcoin giveaways? (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 6 hours ago by Thegoddamnlastname

Anyone see these live YouTube casts with Elon Musk, Steve Wazniak etc. “ send 1 BTC and receive 2 BTC back.” Seems like a scam right? Never saw any these videos until this week.

Crown_Xredditor for 3 weeks 1 point 6 hours ago

Yeah, I was scammed like an idiot

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i saw a few scattered seconds of that and some guy skins the dead body of hal finney, noted real dead man, and wears him as a skin suit, the bitcoin becomes this in the matrix and then starts vomiting billions of bitcoins everywhere while vitalik butterin watches helpless

its absolute vileness almost makes it seem like its anti bitcoin