Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

pacerhimself posted:

One is a tactical grenade and the other is lethal, also grenades in warzone are exceedingly weak.

Oh duh :downs:

But then you have to give up heartbeat sensor...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Flannelette posted:

What's so bad about them? Other than forcing you to run restock they are quite good at checking exactly where enemies are in a house you're heading to.

Snapshots are solid but I think it's just hard to make the case they're better than HBS in warzone, and I think stuns and flashes make a push safer than a snapshot does honestly. They can certainly BE good, they're just marginally useful compared to the others and warzone doesn't favor marginal utility over flexible stuff

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Snapshots are a lot like the Kilo - they're not bad, but they're just outclassed by many other options.

I messed around with dynamite arrows and they're situationally really good. If you get a knock with your shot you're guaranteed a kill by the explosive. They're actually extremely good at turning a fight from being at a disadvantage to throwing off the other team completely. On the other hand the travel time, bolt drop and reload speed make it a bit cumbersome many times.

I don't know what is the best weapon to pair it with because the crossbow is not a versatile close up or long range weapon. It feels like it excels at mid range peek and poke fights. Maybe an M4 set up for closer combat but still able to stretch is the best answer?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Doesn't snapshot work through walls or have I been misinterpreting some killcams

If you're trying to find a pair for the xbow maybe consider one of the many OP pistol solutions or an RPG

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Yes it will show people on the other side of barriers from the grenade itself

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

pacerhimself posted:

Snapshots are a lot like the Kilo - they're not bad, but they're just outclassed by many other options.

I messed around with dynamite arrows and they're situationally really good. If you get a knock with your shot you're guaranteed a kill by the explosive. They're actually extremely good at turning a fight from being at a disadvantage to throwing off the other team completely. On the other hand the travel time, bolt drop and reload speed make it a bit cumbersome many times.

I don't know what is the best weapon to pair it with because the crossbow is not a versatile close up or long range weapon. It feels like it excels at mid range peek and poke fights. Maybe an M4 set up for closer combat but still able to stretch is the best answer?

I'd wager I've used the xbow in warzone more than any other poster on the forums. It excels in medium range where you can reliably hit people but they can't push you back, and it REALLY excels against unaware targets because it makes no noise, has no tracer (they don't see the trail you see) and gives no real indication of where the shots are coming from which makes them super strong when firing from a flank. You'll often get a free followup shot on someone who doesn't know where you are.

It goes without saying that being the only weapon in the game that can instantly down & finish someone in one shot makes them incredibly high reward but it's a weird one. Knowing when to use it and knowing when it's become a liability is a big part of using it. I've caused more squad wipes of my own squad than I'd like to admit by just refusing to put it away, especially when I first started using it.

But the death mics.... Oh my God the death mics. The Semtex delay gives the target just enough time to comprehend that they've been downed by a crossbow and are about to get eliminated before the death mic kicks in and the results are just :discourse:

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

AndrewP posted:

I love Shipment but 10v10 sucks

Airspace is too crowded!

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Owlbear Camus posted:

I realized how much I absolutely adore the aesthetic tension between "dramatic modern military campaign in a fictionalized present featuring slicked-down operators" and "over the top GI Joe dolls" when I saw that the goon party I was doing quads with was composed of 2 guys using MILSIM skins and subdued realistic weapon colors and the other two had weapons that would make a flashy drug lord say "tone it down" and were wearing a bear skin with the bears face as a headdress and skeleton man mask respectively.

(i was the grizzly man)

some like green army men, but I'll take my GI Joe Extreme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6sqh_SOpwY

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Owlbear Camus posted:

I realized how much I absolutely adore the aesthetic tension between "dramatic modern military campaign in a fictionalized present featuring slicked-down operators" and "over the top GI Joe dolls" when I saw that the goon party I was doing quads with was composed of 2 guys using MILSIM skins and subdued realistic weapon colors and the other two had weapons that would make a flashy drug lord say "tone it down" and were wearing a bear skin with the bears face as a headdress and skeleton man mask respectively.

(i was the grizzly man)

I just wish they made the maps as exotic as the character and weapon skins. My gold LMG's would feel more at home inside a big european castle, or some LA nightclub.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:rip: to a real one

https://twitter.com/23_leeross/status/1258934633556664320?s=21

no more extinction :smith:

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Fart Car '97 posted:

I'd wager I've used the xbow in warzone more than any other poster on the forums. It excels in medium range where you can reliably hit people but they can't push you back, and it REALLY excels against unaware targets because it makes no noise, has no tracer (they don't see the trail you see) and gives no real indication of where the shots are coming from which makes them super strong when firing from a flank. You'll often get a free followup shot on someone who doesn't know where you are.

What have you settled on for a secondary weapon?

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

heated game moment posted:

Airspace is too crowded!

Your poison gameplay is making the airspace too loving crowded

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

pacerhimself posted:

Fine, I'll bite. Seeing as the Kilo is within a 50ms TTK of the M4, Grau, and M13 at most ranges in WZ, what many other options would you say it's outclassed by?

Snapshots are useless because they last for like 4 seconds, they take up your spot for a heartbeat sensor and for them to have full game utility you'd have to run restock and not ghost. They're okay in squads if you have other people running HBS though.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

What's going on here?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

pacerhimself posted:

What have you settled on for a secondary weapon?

Honestly at this point I won't pull it unless I've already picked up a good world drop AR/SMG or it's my second loadout drop and I've already grabbed an AR loadout. I was pairing it with a .41AE Uzi for a bit but since the Bruen has come out it's quickly become my main primary weapon. It's just very, very good all around and the XBow/Bruen is a hell of a combo.

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 18:22 on May 9, 2020

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

What's going on here?

Lee Ross is the guy who was the lead/director for Extinction/Zombie modes on the last few CoD games.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

pacerhimself posted:

I take whatever decent AR I can loot with it. If I can get a second drop I will take a M4, as you say the crossbow is very situational so it must be paired with a versatile secondary, I wanted to use the RAM7 but I suck at managing the recoil...
I build my crossbow for maximum bolt velocity.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I wish cold blooded didn't mess with high alert.

I mean should one perk completely negate another?

If high alert didn't have bit of a nerf it would be easily the best red perk and everyone would run it

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Dumb question: are perks only in effect when you pickup a loadout or are there some default ones?

Also is it worth getting the full game if I really enjoy warzone? Is it good for improving in warzone just playing thru the campaign or not really? Never been a fan of CoD campaigns tbh.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

You only get perks in warzone if you get your loadout from a crate. The campaign is okay, and the multiplayer is pretty good for leveling guns, and gunfights are actually a lot of fun but I don't think I'd buy it if I had it to do over and warzone was already out.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Krogort posted:

I take whatever decent AR I can loot with it. If I can get a second drop I will take a M4, as you say the crossbow is very situational so it must be paired with a versatile secondary, I wanted to use the RAM7 but I suck at managing the recoil...
I build my crossbow for maximum bolt velocity.

Does that work for you? Do you mainly use it at closer range? I found that when I paired the 28 strand cable and 200lb arms the bolts were just super unreliable at mid-range. Any benefit from the extra velocity was lost with the fact that the bolt could easily just go wide and miss a well aimed shot at someone who was standing still. It made hitting moving targets almost impossibly unreliable because there's no way to account for whether or not the bolt is going to pull left or right.

A Typical Goon posted:

If high alert didn't have bit of a nerf it would be easily the best red perk and everyone would run it

Seems like a good in-between would be to make cold blooded cause high alert to work the way it did pre-buff (no directional element, just knowing someone is looking at you), but keep the directional element of high alert if the person doesn't have cold blooded.

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 20:00 on May 9, 2020

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

mrking posted:

You only get perks in warzone if you get your loadout from a crate. The campaign is okay, and the multiplayer is pretty good for leveling guns, and gunfights are actually a lot of fun but I don't think I'd buy it if I had it to do over and warzone was already out.

Good info, thanks! I may just get the battlepass instead because I want some new skinzzzz hah. Luv 2 play dressup!

Although I use Domino already who is pretty boss.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I do Molotovs and gas grenades of late. I suppose I oughta switch out for stuns or flashes because the gas is great to debilitate folks but then you can't rush em until it's gone, so no good for flushing out people. They are however amazing for aggravating people on ship

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
10v10 shipment is pretty hilarious NGL

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I usually do smokes because they're good for getting the gently caress outta there and I am a coward.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Crustashio posted:

Now imagine 50-man hardcore deathmatch Shipment.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Lemon-Lime posted:

Now imagine 50-man hardcore deathmatch Shipment.

Id love to try it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lemon-Lime posted:

Lee Ross is the guy who was the lead/director for Extinction/Zombie modes on the last few CoD games.

Correct. He ran the zombies crew on IW which consisted of Extinction in Ghosts and Zombies in Infinite Warfare. Both modes were self contained affairs with really good gameplay and some super fun Easter Eggs. Nothing as insane or lore heavy as Treyarch’s zombies.

The final map in IW zombies had you fight Lee Ross himself as the super secret final boss.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Is it insane for me to suggest they should just get rid of perks from the loadout drops? Maybe just make all perks available to buy at a buy station for like, 5000 dollars? I guess that would maybe tilt things heavily for thermal scopes but whatever.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

soggybagel posted:

Is it insane for me to suggest they should just get rid of perks from the loadout drops? Maybe just make all perks available to buy at a buy station for like, 5000 dollars? I guess that would maybe tilt things heavily for thermal scopes but whatever.

I think the perks need to be heavily tweaked -- ghost needs to be heavily nerfed, half the perks are straight up useless, but part of what makes the game so good is that it's half call of duty half battle royale. The loadout drop meta is cool and good. "Generally better world drop guns" would be a good place to start but that's also undoubtedly a part of the formula to make people buy the base game to get better loadout drops to be competitive.

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

Crustashio posted:

Just had a blast JOKRing on domination (no pun intended).

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I thought 10v10 shipment sucked poo poo until I just used a 200 round PKM loadout and promptly went 116-46. Owned.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

i figured 10v10 shipment would be a great place to knock out the 20 claymore kills officer challenge cause i never use the things but i think so much poo poo is happening in there they don't work right, i've seen enemies run right past them and have them not go off or explode after the enemy is already well past them.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Live At Five! posted:

I thought 10v10 shipment sucked poo poo until I just used a 200 round PKM loadout and promptly went 116-46. Owned.

I've had three games where I've ended up with like 95 kills, it's frustrating that I just can't seem to hit the 100

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

135 is my best, with the mp7

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Correct. He ran the zombies crew on IW which consisted of Extinction in Ghosts and Zombies in Infinite Warfare. Both modes were self contained affairs with really good gameplay and some super fun Easter Eggs. Nothing as insane or lore heavy as Treyarch’s zombies.

The final map in IW zombies had you fight Lee Ross himself as the super secret final boss.
Extinction was the best thing about Ghosts (arguably the only good thing) and I'm still annoyed we didn't get it back in IW. :argh:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

soggybagel posted:

I think it would be better if two of the three slots weren't "solved."

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Insert name here posted:

Extinction was the best thing about Ghosts (arguably the only good thing) and I'm still annoyed we didn't get it back in IW. :argh:

We kinda did with Beast from Beyond!

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I think loadouts ruin the mode and would rather just have a weapon mod station of some sort instead. Picking up guns is what defines br

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I’ll say it again. It’s loving absurd that there are 5 million gun attachments in the game and yet there is no point to looting anything ever in warzone. Loadout drops are stupid, the same five world guns are stupid. Why they didn’t copy weapon modding like Pubg is the worlds greatest mystery. It would actually be a good BR game if it was like that.