Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

President Beep posted:

he’s fine because for some reason the biblical satan has given him a charmed life.

he's obviously one of satan's agents.

proof: as a teenager, melania trump sold her soul to satan and asked to go to america and become the first lady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
satan is lord

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Sagebrush posted:

proof: as a teenager, melania trump sold her soul to satan and asked to go to america and become the first lady.
sound like more of a monkey’s paw situation

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
then again my take on a satanic pact as far as a cliche goes, is that it’s a deal where you get everything you want but you find out it turns out to hurt people you care about, or it reveals your wish to have been an empty pursuit, or just time runs out for the dipshit thing you wanted to do for the rest of your (much shorter) life

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Satan and yahweh are both middle management dieties and the real god is the friends we made along the way

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Uptime Sinclair posted:

try an ergonomic mouse

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

i do not hail satan for this one.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Uptime Sinclair posted:

then again my take on a satanic pact as far as a cliche goes, is that it’s a deal where you get everything you want but you find out it turns out to hurt people you care about, or it reveals your wish to have been an empty pursuit, or just time runs out for the dipshit thing you wanted to do for the rest of your (much shorter) life

the specifics vary but the general concept, whether it's with satan or a genie or through a monkey's paw or whatever, is always "you agree to the deal but it turns out worse for you than you anticipated."

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
listen, i made it a point to say it was biblical satan, not cool anti-dogma satan.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

President Beep posted:

listen, i made it a point to say it was biblical satan, not cool anti-dogma satan.

does he at least like mallrats

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

does he at least like mallrats

nope. clerks 2 pissed him off too much.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

echinopsis posted:

Satan and yahweh are both middle management dieties and the real god is the friends we made along the way

missing a reference to gnosticism and/or a demiurge op

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

theadder posted:

missing a reference to gnosticism and/or a demiurge op

who are they

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

echinopsis posted:

who are they

a demiurge used to be a normal urge, but it's so old that only the skull remains, and it's got gems in it and a seriously bad attitude

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

mystes posted:

I just find it really weird that it's being sold as "Final Fantasy VII: Remake" rather than "Final Fantasy VII: Remake Part I" or something. It's basically asking for a class action lawsuit because it would be really easy to buy it assuming that it's the whole thing.

its a trilogy and the next two are ff7 reuse and ff7 recycle

President Beep posted:

wish they’d make another tactics game

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
final fantasy vii demake and it's just the original game for $60

mystes
May 31, 2006

haveblue posted:

Demake is already a term, OP. A final fantasy vii demake would be something like an NES port of ff7.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Uptime Sinclair posted:

Between this and Biden possibly accomplishing his life long goal of being pres while being too mentally broken to even realize it, we're really getting a lot of mileage out of this thing

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

haveblue posted:

I am almost done with the remake. I never played the original all the way through. I rented it a few times and watched friends who had it play so I am not the guy to speak on the OG experience end to end.

That being said I am having fun with the game. I don't find the fighting to be that hard (playing on normal :smug:). The game is definitely on rails and the story is very vague besides the eco-terrorism plot. It is straight up goofy in some places, especially when Barrett is on the screen. So far I don't see Red XIII or Yuffie which were my favorite characters. I think there was a yuffie stand in because she seemed similar and was a thief but she was pretty annoying.

6/10 - Its fine

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/notrivia/status/1259978354561818625?s=21

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Two Patrolmen's gun's lost all of their bullets today and then were found by local urban youth suspected of grand larceny

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Elevating the passive voice to an art form

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Asleep Style posted:

The passive voice is being elevated to an art form

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

:hmmyes:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

c wfh s: got sick and tired of the lovely wifi signal strength in my home office so i decided to run some cat6 from my router. thanks galaxy brain that built our house back in the 20s for putting this little area i'm working in over a crawlspace with no loving access.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

c wfh s: got sick and tired of the lovely wifi signal strength in my home office so i decided to run some cat6 from my router. thanks galaxy brain that built our house back in the 20s for putting this little area i'm working in over a crawlspace with no loving access.
you’re a wizzard ‘arry

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
if running cable is too much of a pain in the rear end consider powerline gear, works for me

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

haveblue posted:

if running cable is too much of a pain in the rear end consider powerline gear, works for me

*keys up 150 watts of 7mhz digital data, blows up your internet* yeah this poo poo works great

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
powerline is some black magic poo poo but it really does work

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

haveblue posted:

i was eventually able to get the cable into the office area by running it up through the floor in the corner nearest where i had access in the basement. just snaked it along the wall and behind cabinets and poo poo to my computer.

e: cool, never heard of that stuff until just now. the price isn't too bad either.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

President Beep posted:

what about something like this

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

what about something like this

if you are going the mesh route, just get a couple of ubiquiti unifi units

wired is always superior to wireless though. i ran cat6 all over the house years ago and have yet to regret it

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

yeah, for like streaming and browsing and poo poo the wifi here is sufficient, but i wanted a wired connection for work thingies.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I have a bad taste from running ubnt gear for clients and then having a bunch of issues with it

it’s likely that the consumer mesh product is fine

I’m running the google wifi mesh in my apartment

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

you better go catch it! XD

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

*keys up 150 watts of 7mhz digital data, blows up your internet* yeah this poo poo works great

second best thing about powerline is how much it pisses off ham radio operators

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Nah most of the modern powerline adapters have notch filters for the ham bands. manufacturers started doing that because we have the federal right to send an FCC truck to your house and make you unplug them if they gently caress up our poo poo lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The_Franz posted:

if you are going the mesh route, just get a couple of ubiquiti unifi units

wired is always superior to wireless though. i ran cat6 all over the house years ago and have yet to regret it

plus don't the nodes need to be able to talk to each other wirelessly

I can't do mesh because there is literally no radio propagation between the two floors of my apartment

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

President Beep posted:

yeah, for like streaming and browsing and poo poo the wifi here is sufficient, but i wanted a wired connection for work thingies.

i made sure our laptops had wired once we both got wfh orders, the amount of remote desktops and video calls would have surely fried the router eventually

incidentally, i also ran my ipad, which i use for video calls, through the usb networking sharing in macos and it helps stability (of course) too, as well as enabling icloud caching to cut down on network use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

cws: took some mental recharge days and im clearing stuff out of our basement and finding so many old computer things. like why do i have three isa modems? surely the two pci ones were sufficient at the time

might be time to test and scrap/cobble together the remaining into one overspecced legacy computer. pretty sure i could do triple monitor 3dfx. maybe grab the copy of quake 2 i found and do a media install