Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
The first definitely had a lot more character and was fairly ambitious that’s for sure. I don’t remember if I played the second myself but I think I heard from a few sources it wasn’t great. The third is a pretty radical departure but is certainly fun in its own right but maybe getting it for free over PSN influenced my opinion.

Edit: Time to pay the idiot tax for such an awful page snipe.

Probably told this story before but it’s getting told again. Back during my first deployment to Kyrgyzstan pulling someone else’s punishment TCN deployment because they got med boarded they were finishing up the dual use runway and needed to break it in Kyrgyz style. This apparently involves sacrificing a goat because that makes planes fly better or maybe it makes the runway work better, I don’t know I’m not an engineer. Anyway a truck of Kyrgyz rolls up to the flight line gate with a live goat in the back and a big rear end machete being casually waived about, both catching the eyes of the security forces manning the gate but they pass through with both items no problem and get handed off to their TCN handlers. Goat, machete, Kyrgyz, handlers all make it out to the flight line to meet up with some big wig Kyrgyz and U.S officers and just as planned the goat gets its throat slashed and they spray its blood around, mission accomplished. Except immediately after this security forces arrests the TCN handlers for allowing the Kyrgyz to have a machete on the flight line and using it to kill a goat. They drag the handlers to the straight up base commander happy as clams thinking that they were totally going to get a thumbs up and a pat on the back for their heroics. Instead the handlers were immediately ordered released and as they were leaving all they could hear was the security forces getting chewed up for allowing any of that past the gate in the first place if they thought it was an issue at all.

Basically I can’t believe people are still coming to this forum asking to join because holy poo poo you are either going to end up enlisting and working with/for people that loving stupid or you commission and have to clean up their stupid loving issues.

Cenen fucked around with this message at 06:50 on May 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Mafia 2 at launch was red hot garbage. There was DLC that came out that completely changed the nature of the game, and apparently it became quite good but it was so annoying at launch I never bothered playing it again.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp6z3s1Gig0

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

not caring here posted:

Mafia 2 at launch was red hot garbage. There was DLC that came out that completely changed the nature of the game, and apparently it became quite good but it was so annoying at launch I never bothered playing it again.

Mafia 3 has a similar issue. The storyline and story missions are very good, but the majority of the gameplay consists of repetitively doing the exact same things over and over until you fill a meter that lets you do the next story mission. The DLC missions are structured like sensible games and are way more interesting.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
*Most* of the DLC missions. They should not be charging money for that weird CIA island one unless that was the one that also introduced bounties.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Cenen posted:

*Most* of the DLC missions. They should not be charging money for that weird CIA island one unless that was the one that also introduced bounties.

It was and the music in 3 is fantastic.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

It was and the music in 3 is fantastic.

Hendrix on the opening menu and it gets better from there!

Does anyone have a stupider injury than what I did to myself? Was on the shitter so long my leg fell asleep, then stood up, had my now-asleep leg go out from under me, and got a 6 inch cut on my scalp since it’s an old house and doesn’t have normal doorknobs, it has those rods you turn and I slapped directly into that. There has to be a dumber injury. There has to

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Guys who used a bullet as a fuse replacemebt in their truck, bullet cooked off, shot the driver in the nuts, and he crashed and died. If that is true and not just a folk tale

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I had a guy do a flying squirrel during a monsoon out my 4th story barracks window in okinawa. Broke like 4 bones.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Does anyone have a stupider injury than what I did to myself? Was on the shitter so long my leg fell asleep, then stood up, had my now-asleep leg go out from under me, and got a 6 inch cut on my scalp since it’s an old house and doesn’t have normal doorknobs, it has those rods you turn and I slapped directly into that. There has to be a dumber injury. There has to

My 4th (or 5th?) knee surgery resulted from rupturing my meniscus...

...in my sleep.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Duzzy Funlop posted:

...in my sleep.

Funny you say that, when I blew out my meniscus the PT knew it was that even before I got my CT scan because I was waking up a lot in the night. It was the first question she asked when I mentioned my knee pain. I guess the way people move in their sleep involves a lot of meniscus poo poo.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Funny you say that, when I blew out my meniscus the PT knew it was that even before I got my CT scan because I was waking up a lot in the night. It was the first question she asked when I mentioned my knee pain. I guess the way people move in their sleep involves a lot of meniscus poo poo.

People sleep in really hosed up, twisted positions. Guess what one of the big diagnostic tools for a meniscus tear involves? Moving your leg around while manipulating your foot to force tib/fib rotation with sudden "drops" from letting go of the previously supported knee, seeing if you get that "speed bump/catch" from the torn meniscus flap being shifted around to flop inward.

McMurray test, for anyone curious enough.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Let's see - Gave my self a 5 inch cuton the top of my head via smacking my dome off an air conditioner standing up after hopping a fence. Never got it stitched so I have a nice little dent on the top of my head to this day. Fell off a pylon while doing jump squats, nice two inch cut on my shin that also never saw the proper medical attention. Gave myself a matching scar on the other leg with a pair of scissors (literally running with scissors). Went about a decade without getting any more major scars before breaking my little toe, on a bedpost, at ten in the morning last year. A few days after the fact, I was whipping the end of a shoe lace with a lighter (burning the end so it wouldn't rip to pieces) when a drop of molten plastic landed on my finger, giving me another scar.

That's about it, honestly. I was literally in a program where I dropped large dead trees, escaping various brushes with death/lifelong injury by the skin of my teeth, but I'm a more a danger to myself than pretty much anything else. There's more than a few scars on my body that I don't know the cause of - I have a nice long scar on my shoulder (the meat between the clavicle and scapula) from either a particularly aggressive lover or a particularly hard football tackle.

A Festivus Miracle fucked around with this message at 09:03 on May 9, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
How about both?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Duzzy Funlop posted:

...in my sleep.

I ruptured mine stepping on a Kong toy. That I had just told my wife I should pick up before someone trips on it.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I've had limited feeling and movement in my left pinky for 3 months because it getting wedged in a weird position between a bookshelf and a window box while sleeping. Almost definitely tore something, bit its gradually getting better. I didn't go to a doctor about it because the Rona was getting geared up.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Friend of mine had a guy in his squad who unbeknownst to everyone else was prone to sleep walking. They were sleeping on a rooftop while in Iraq and the dude sleep-walked (slept-walked?) right off the side of the roof. His injuries plus this undisclosed medical issue got him sent home.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

iwentdoodie posted:

I ruptured mine stepping on a Kong toy. That I had just told my wife I should pick up before someone trips on it.

I swear doctor I slipped in the shower

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/vizjourno/status/1259189791150800899?s=20

Dying to get the $5 footlong

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

The dummy AT4 is loving hilarious. I know I feel like I need (to pretend I have) the armor penetration of HEAT rounds when I’m out buying sandwiches.

E:Make sure to blow up the M2 picture. Pretty sure the real thing doesn’t have wood grain on the feed tray.

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.

The dummy AT4 is loving hilarious. I know I feel like I need (to pretend I have) the armor penetration of HEAT rounds when I’m out buying sandwiches.

E:Make sure to blow up the M2 picture. Pretty sure the real thing doesn’t have wood grain on the feed tray.

Also pretty sure anyone carrying a full m2 with barrel attached so nonchalantly is shredded like the hulk.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Valtonen posted:

Also pretty sure anyone carrying a full m2 with barrel attached so nonchalantly is shredded like the hulk.

Psssht, it’s 80 pounds, that’s nothing for a dumpy old guy who looks like he risks knee injuries getting the paper.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
I dont understand what showing up with guns really means. I like Subway and if they ask me to wear a mask to keep their employees safe i will.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Broke my arm tripping over a laundry basket while I had an armful of groceries up to my chin.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Booger Presley posted:

I dont understand what showing up with guns really means. I like Subway and if they ask me to wear a mask to keep their employees safe i will.

They will shoot the fake hoax virus

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
cargo culted valor

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Also his grips on those hand cannon revolvers are in his fuckin arm pits.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

shovelbum posted:

cargo culted valor

that would explain the wooden M2...

What loving point are they even trying to make? I dont get it, are they hoping for a boston market massacre? Paula Deen's ride? One if by McDonalds, two if by Subway?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
EAGLE SCOUT DAD

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Jesus, and the one dipshit has a KSG. I don't know when you're going to need 15 rounds of 12-gauge ammo for a sandwich run.

And I say that as someone who owns a goddamn KSG.

Steezo posted:

that would explain the wooden M2...

What loving point are they even trying to make? I dont get it, are they hoping for a boston market massacre? Paula Deen's ride? One if by McDonalds, two if by Subway?

It's basically to terrorize minimum wage workers. There's been what, four people shot because they asked someone to wear a mask in the last week? It's entirely to make people afraid to do their jobs.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Jesus, and the one dipshit has a KSG. I don't know when you're going to need 15 rounds of 12-gauge ammo for a sandwich run.

And I say that as someone who owns a goddamn KSG.

It's basically to terrorize minimum wage workers. There's been what, four people shot because they asked someone to wear a mask in the last week? It's entirely to make people afraid to do their jobs.

Yeah, I love my KSG, but I can't fathom carrying it to subway unless I for some reason need to destroy every lock on every door in the place at the employees request so that we can free the Italian herbs and cheese bread.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Flag shirt man looks like he's there for some good ol' fashioned penis compensation, but KSG kid looks like he's barely keeping the voices at bay and he worries me more than the rest of them combined.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

Th dude sitting down obviously took a bite of his freedom sandwich then shamefully pulled up his stupid bandanna because he knew he was gonna be documented. Are they part of the second amendment dicks that stand around capitol buildings trying to intimidate politicians? Are they trying intimidate the sandwich artist to give them double meat for free or the guy with the AT4 will kill everyone including himself? Are they actually fuckin cosplayers, with the fake weapons? I am so confused by this. Gun furries.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

As much as I believe in an armed and trained public, these chucklefucks are not that.

Words cannot express how badly I want all of the idiots in the pics to get caught in a legit back blast from a real at4

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

stevobob posted:

Th dude sitting down obviously took a bite of his freedom sandwich then shamefully pulled up his stupid bandanna because he knew he was gonna be documented. Are they part of the second amendment dicks that stand around capitol buildings trying to intimidate politicians? Are they trying intimidate the sandwich artist to give them double meat for free or the guy with the AT4 will kill everyone including himself? Are they actually fuckin cosplayers, with the fake weapons? I am so confused by this. Gun furries.

I reckon you've got a the most common stories there all represented. Flag shirt gotta prove he's a big man. Sandwich fellow with the Fresh hat looks like he was talked into it by someone who thought it was gonna be cool and fun and now realizes that these people are loving nuts. Fake fiddy is doing it for the chud 'gram. Old dude looks like he really wants his family to own people as property again, and the guy with the rifle slung across his back doesn't fully approve but he's just glad to be out doing things again after the divorce.

And KSG kid is shopping for potential sex slaves that can be acquired when he starts his murder rampage.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!
Just noticed the backwards eotech on the KSG person.

There is always a backwards eotech at these gatherings

Always

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

kill me now posted:

Just noticed the backwards eotech on the KSG person.

There is always a backwards eotech at these gatherings

Always

Are you sure it’s an EOTech? The last time I noticed a backwards EOTech someone on twitter responded and told me it was actually a cheap airsoft sight.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Either way it won't survive being on aksg after it's fired like twice. I put a chesp eotech knockoff on my ksg and the sight adjustments don't do poo poo now lol

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Stravag posted:

Either way it won't survive being on aksg after it's fired like twice. I put a chesp eotech knockoff on my ksg and the sight adjustments don't do poo poo now lol

Yeah, I bought a cheap sight for mine because it’s a goddamn shotgun, there’s no reason to put a 400 dollar aimpoint on there. Having a good flashlight on there is way more important. Which I notice this dipshit doesn’t have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Are you sure it’s an EOTech? The last time I noticed a backwards EOTech someone on twitter responded and told me it was actually a cheap airsoft sight.

What’s worse, a backwards eotech or an airsoft knockoff that is supposed to look like a backwards eotech