Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

anilEhilated posted:

Agreed, it's just that getting there is a huge pain in the rear end. And Divinity 2 is a legitimately good game if you don't mind the some outdated mechanics.

Anyway, I'd like to ask about Hades - it is on the wiki but the section is really sparse and I assumed they'd have changed quite a bit on account of the Early Access status; do the tips still apply and is there anything else one should know?

Generally speaking charge weapons are pretty bad due to the period of vulnerability they leave you. In Hades not getting hit is typically very important as it will force you to spend gold on recovery rather than upgrading yourself. To spear is one of the best weapons in the game due to it's incredibly long range and instant attack animations.

Every level a limited number of rooms, it is generally not advantageous to take any room that gives you keys, shadow shards, ambrosia, or the crafting crystals, as it will reduce your total fighting capacity when you get to the boss.

Generally speaking you always want to take Daedelous Hammer rooms as these will define your build for the run, then rooms that synergize with your (it's typically not beneficial to spread over more than 2 deities per run), then shop rooms if you have >300 gold, then gold rooms, then pom rooms, then other god rooms. Worst case scenario you can just sell unwanted buffs between levels.

Titan's Blood is used to upgrade your weapons and unlock side-grades for them. How much value you get out of it is very dependent on the actual upgrade. Your access to be very limited in the early game, but after you clear the game once you can basically make the challenges harder to get more of it.

Temporary buffs are almost never worth it (from Charon's Well) unless you're using it to regain health or you think you can have them up and ready for the final boss.

Generally speaking Zeus's buffs are very weak and are almost never worth it over other Olympians. Dionysus is incredibly good at boss slaying due to his dots. Hermes doesn't synergize with himself nor does he have an ultimate, but is generally always good due to just make you faster in one way or another.

Enemies will start staggarable but will eventually gain Armor which will act as a second health, while they are so they cannot be staggered.

On the final level you will face a new mechanic that doesn't get explained: poisoned. Being poisoned sucks and can easily destroy your health pool before the big final battle. There are small yellow springs throughout the level that interacting with will instantly clear your poisoned condition, but they take like 5 seconds to refill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Something about Indivisible that I just found out because it honestly never occurred to me until I tried it out an hour ago: You can spend a bar to swap someone from the reserve to the front line.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Dr. Quarex posted:

In addition to what AnilEhilated said (though I have to say the ending to Beyond Divinity is surprisingly good, and definitely made me feel more personally invested in the stakes of the now-nearly-forgotten Divinity II: Ego Draconis):
Since IŽm going through a janky RPG phaseIŽd like to hear if anyone have something for Divinity 2: Ego Draconis?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Sylphosaurus posted:

Since IŽm going through a janky RPG phaseIŽd like to hear if anyone have something for Divinity 2: Ego Draconis?
The first zone (after the tutorial, that is) is designed to be explored entirely without the dragon shape and becomes permanently inaccessible as soon as you go into the dragon temple to obtain it. Stay out of there and keep exploring the region until you feel you're really done with it, because any quest you don't complete first is permanently gone.

Mind-reading is a good idea and can give you things like free skill points. The XP penalty doesn't matter much in the long run.

Keep any Malachite you find until you really need it. It's required for many of the best enchants it's one of the most limited resources in the game.

In the second region, once you have your dragon shape, there will be near-invisible floating orbs of instant dragon death everywhere in the air, so pay attention to where you're going.

The floating fortresses are optional and very annoying, only do them if you feel like it.

I think most of this can also be found on the BeforeIPlay wiki.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

A Bystander posted:

Something about Indivisible that I just found out because it honestly never occurred to me until I tried it out an hour ago: You can spend a bar to swap someone from the reserve to the front line.

Could you add what buttons you pressed to do this to your post?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Tylana posted:

Could you add what buttons you pressed to do this to your post?

Hit the button to access the pause menu (For PS4, the Options button). From there, go to the Change Party menu and it will bring it up as usual except now there's a (1) symbol next to Reserve. I only tested it with one party member but I would imagine doing it for all of them that aren't Ajna would take up 3 bars. I also haven't tested to see if the original member that was swapped out would regain HP if swapped back in.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Am I safe to point all of the various names "Divinity II" has had since release to one article titled "Divinity II"? Or are the different versions very different? I'm talking about Ego Draconis, Dragon Knight Saga, and Developer's Cut.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

ahobday posted:

Am I safe to point all of the various names "Divinity II" has had since release to one article titled "Divinity II"? Or are the different versions very different? I'm talking about Ego Draconis, Dragon Knight Saga, and Developer's Cut.
I think it would be fine. They're essentially the same game - base campaign, base game + DLC expansion, and "director's cut" rerelease of base game + DLC expansion. The mechanics vary enough that stat advice wouldn't be a good idea, but the articles don't give that anyway.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Dragon Quest VIII 3D

What egregiously missable stuff should I look out for? What skills aren't worth a toss because there's no respec?

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Sylphosaurus posted:

Since I´m going through a janky RPG phaseI´d like to hear if anyone have something for Divinity 2: Ego Draconis?

I forgot that existed, and now it needs to go back on my list, I guess.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Sylphosaurus posted:

In addition to the previous tips: play the Developer's Cut version. It fixed a lot of bugs and streamlined some mechanics.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

Cardiovorax posted:

Keep any Malachite you find until you really need it. It's required for many of the best enchants it's one of the most limited resources in the game.

On more Divinity 2: DKS tips (not sure if any of these are still applicable to Ego Draconis):

- Early on, save 2 Malachite gems for a quest.

- The contents of a container are decided when you approach the container, with the exception of chests, which are decided when you look in. You can savescum for good gear or Malachite this way, but it's by no means required to win the game.
-- I would recommend scumming for Malachite at the very least; Malachite ore veins aren't common and finding Malachite gems in them far less so. Aside from the quest mentioned above, Malachite is used for some higher tier enchanting recipes.

- Check merchant inventories. I don't remember if they refresh their stock upon leveling up, but you may be surprised at what you can get from them.

- When dual-wielding, the properties of each weapon are applied to both hands. This is as silly as it sounds and you can break the game wide open doing this.

- Your pet is better at magic than melee.

- Health is a better defense than armor.

- There is no fall damage.

- Mind the bunnies.

Pooncha fucked around with this message at 15:39 on May 11, 2020

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Anything I should know for DOOM ETERNAL beside what’s on the wiki? I’m assuming there will be enough tokens/runes/etc. to get everything assuming I collect everything and beat all the enemies on each level. Any particular “dud” weapon mods?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

1redflag posted:

Anything I should know for DOOM ETERNAL beside what’s on the wiki? I’m assuming there will be enough tokens/runes/etc. to get everything assuming I collect everything and beat all the enemies on each level. Any particular “dud” weapon mods?

The plasma rifle's Microwave Beam mod is straight trash, and the ballista's Destroyer Blade is pretty hard to use. There are plenty of upgrade fun bucks as long as you're thorough.

Try to save 9 weapon upgrade points as you go through the third level, Cultist Base. Dump them all into the super shotgun the moment you get it, and start working on that Meat Hook Mastery.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Anything for Before We Leave?

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Polyseme posted:

I forgot that existed, and now it needs to go back on my list, I guess.
It really is a pretty awesome game.

Particularly assuming that one of those follow-up editions fixed the bug where that one boss fight near the end of the game had bosses who took like 1/100th intended damage and had target-seeking magic that was guaranteed to kill you before you could even make a dent in them. When I last played Larian were still manually fixing people's saves who had this bug. Which, admittedly, was very cool of them

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

SweetBro posted:

Generally speaking charge weapons are pretty bad due to the period of vulnerability they leave you. In Hades not getting hit is typically very important as it will force you to spend gold on recovery rather than upgrading yourself. To spear is one of the best weapons in the game due to it's incredibly long range and instant attack animations.

Every level a limited number of rooms, it is generally not advantageous to take any room that gives you keys, shadow shards, ambrosia, or the crafting crystals, as it will reduce your total fighting capacity when you get to the boss.

Generally speaking you always want to take Daedelous Hammer rooms as these will define your build for the run, then rooms that synergize with your (it's typically not beneficial to spread over more than 2 deities per run), then shop rooms if you have >300 gold, then gold rooms, then pom rooms, then other god rooms. Worst case scenario you can just sell unwanted buffs between levels.

Titan's Blood is used to upgrade your weapons and unlock side-grades for them. How much value you get out of it is very dependent on the actual upgrade. Your access to be very limited in the early game, but after you clear the game once you can basically make the challenges harder to get more of it.

Temporary buffs are almost never worth it (from Charon's Well) unless you're using it to regain health or you think you can have them up and ready for the final boss.

Generally speaking Zeus's buffs are very weak and are almost never worth it over other Olympians. Dionysus is incredibly good at boss slaying due to his dots. Hermes doesn't synergize with himself nor does he have an ultimate, but is generally always good due to just make you faster in one way or another.

Enemies will start staggarable but will eventually gain Armor which will act as a second health, while they are so they cannot be staggered.

On the final level you will face a new mechanic that doesn't get explained: poisoned. Being poisoned sucks and can easily destroy your health pool before the big final battle. There are small yellow springs throughout the level that interacting with will instantly clear your poisoned condition, but they take like 5 seconds to refill.

To add onto this:

It depends really on the charge weapons, the shield has a charge mechanic, but you have full frontal immunity when charging. The shield is really good for learning attack patterns of enemies.

What rooms you take depends on if you're just staring out or later on after some runs. Early on, taking Darkness or Keys is really good as you need those to upgrade, and it's almost 100% sure that you're gonna die since you don't have the upgrades necessary to make it to later parts of the game. Once you've unlocked most of the Mirror or all of the mirror, I usually pick in this order: Double Boon > Hermes Boon > Boon > Hammer > Heart > Obol > Pom > Nectar > Gemstone > Darkness > Key. Toss in Charon and NPCs (Sisphus, Eurydice, Patroclus) as needed.

Note for hammers, you can only get 2 per run. Hermes is also typically restricted to two per run as well due to how powerful most of his boons are.

Charon's well is pretty good if you want to guarantee something or need health. The temp buffs are only good if you are using his keepsake, which extends how many rooms his buffs last.

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Dragon Quest VIII 3D

What egregiously missable stuff should I look out for? What skills aren't worth a toss because there's no respec?

I believe the 3ds fixed the missable stuff compared to the PS2 version.

You can eventually farm seeds of skill so you can use every skill but typically I roll with, considering every character will have 350 skill points at level 99:

Eight: Swords - 100, Spears - 59, Boomerangs - 0, Fisticuffs - 11, Courage - 100. This leaves you 80 points to do whatever with. Swords and Courage are Eight's strongest trees, Spears is at 59 for Lightning Thrust for metal farming and Fisticuffs at 11 for Defending Champion. You can do 18 in Boomerangs for Power Throw, which makes boomerangs do equal damage to all enemies.

Yangus: Axes - 100, Clubs - 0, Scythes - 70, Fisticuffs - 0, Humanity - 82. This leaves you with 98 points to do whatever with. Axes are his best weapons IMO. clubs aren't that great, scythes are pretty good, plus you want Stainless Steal Sickle. Fisticuffs are pointless and Humanity has some pretty good skills for Yangus. Kerplunk is a great skill in a pinch if you're nearly down and out.

Jessica: Knives - 0, Whips - 100, Staves - 100, Fisticuffs - 0, Sex Appeal - 100. This leaves you 50 points to work with. Her whip skills are very powerful and worth investing in. Staves also gives her very useful spells and is worth maxing out. Sex appeal isn't as good, but Hustle Dance is another Multiheal, so it's worth it IMO.

Angelo: Swords - Bows - 100, Staves - 65, Fisticuffs - 0, Charisma - 66. This leaves you with 119 points to work with. Sadly most of his trees aren't that great. Angelo is best suited to using a bow and healing. Use the rest of the points to max Staves and Charisma with a bit in Swords or max Swords and put the rest in Charisma or Staves to get the 2nd to last ability.

Red: Fans - 82 Whips - 0 Knives - 100, Fisticuffs - 7, Rougery - 100. You have 61 points to do whatever with. Dance of Life is a cheaper version of Kazing, well worth the points. Whips are covered by Jessica. Knives are loving powerful once maxed. Blade Cascade is 50% damage per hit times 6-8 hits. So 300-400% damage base. Combine that with tension and Oomph and you can do 6000-10000 in a single turn. 7 points in Fisticuffs for Defending Champion and 100 in Rougery for the steal skilsl and extra hp.

Morrie: Claws - 100, Clubs - 100, Boomerang - 0, Fisticuffs - 0, Passion - 100. You have 50 points to work with. Claws on Morrie are very good. Hardclaws are a free 150% attack. Rake N Break, removes buffs AND tension from an enemy and Hand of God ignores defense completely. Power Pummel is his version of Lightning Thrust/Executioner, great for metal farming. Also he gets great abilities from Passion. Pit Stop is a self midheal + status removal. Grande Gusto is a 2x tension for free. You can have Morrie at 100 tension in one turn with two Timbrels of Tension. He gets Kazing at skill 88 as well. I'd put the other 50 into Boomerangs.

With these setups, you have 4 people with Kazing or a version of it. Eight has Zing and Yangus has Kerplunk if you're in a really tight bind. Plus you'll have some very powerful skills.

Truman Sticks
Nov 2, 2011
Uh, I don't know how useful a giant mass of spoiler text is for "before I play" advice

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem

Kuros posted:

To add onto this:

Glad you added on because I disagree with a lot of what SweetBro said. Hades is a game where just about everything can be good in the right hands and everyone tends to think their favorite weapon is OP while the stuff they don't like sucks. Almost everything is good in the right circumstances. Half of the skill progression of the game is trying everything out and figuring out what those circumstances are, as well as what fits your playstyle best.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I also disagree with a lot of what SweetBro said, I've had tons of success on high heat levels with the bow and with lots of Zeus buffs, and feel Zeus is one of the stronger gods especially with certain combinations. The bow is very good if you can consistently get the timed crits (especially with certain daedalus hammer upgrades), and mediocre if you can't, so it's mostly up to trying it out for yourself and seeing if you like the feel.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Hades is also currently in early access and getting balance patches all the time, so I wouldn't add any comments about Olympian balance to the wiki that is likely to be changed at any time.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Truman Sticks posted:

Uh, I don't know how useful a giant mass of spoiler text is for "before I play" advice

I figured I'd give the option for Inspector Gesicht and others who haven't played the 3ds version to be spoiled or not. Some people have played the PS2 version, so they might not mind the spoilers. It's mostly character spoilers.

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Glad you added on because I disagree with a lot of what SweetBro said. Hades is a game where just about everything can be good in the right hands and everyone tends to think their favorite weapon is OP while the stuff they don't like sucks. Almost everything is good in the right circumstances. Half of the skill progression of the game is trying everything out and figuring out what those circumstances are, as well as what fits your playstyle best.

There are some aspects that are clearly better than others, but each weapon brings its own playstyle and the game makes you work around that.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I think an exact optimal skill point distribution chart is a bit outside the scope of Before I Play, but for DQVIII a general outline of which skill trees are most useful, useful as a secondary or not all that useful would really help, maybe with a link to your post for anyone who really does want to optimize. Or even just mentioning that you won't be able to max them all out. Like the Bloodborne page doesn't have precise builds and stat distributions but does have helpful hints on what's good to focus on first.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

The Bloodborne article gives some very loose guidelines on what kind of stats are good to focus on in the beginning because you're distributing stat points pretty much right from the start and then through the entire game. I think some recommendations on what would be a useful first and second skill pick and maybe a warning about trap skills that never become useful would be fine, but if it gets into the realm of discussing what kind of skills are best for the endgame and things like that, then it would have gone a bit past what this thread is about.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Re: Hades: After hitting a handful of ranks of the skills near the bottom of the mirror, I'd prioritize boons over money, no question. You can get real good stuff, and if you don't, there's a better than even chance you'll get something you can sell for more than a hundred measly obols. I rarely play on more than difficulty 5, though, so maybe that's no good for later?

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

As someone who just started playing Hades in the last couple of days, "don't go for upgrade items because you give up on boons that will get you further on your run" seems like really bad advice. I'm not trying to do a complete run, I haven't even unlocked all the weapons and upgrades yet.

What would have been useful to know is how to get keepsakes - I took completely the wrong lesson from getting my first nectar and giving it to charon and he got the next three or four before I realised that he was only going to give me one and I needed to be giving them to other NPCs!

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Organza Quiz posted:

As someone who just started playing Hades in the last couple of days, "don't go for upgrade items because you give up on boons that will get you further on your run" seems like really bad advice. I'm not trying to do a complete run, I haven't even unlocked all the weapons and upgrades yet.

What would have been useful to know is how to get keepsakes - I took completely the wrong lesson from getting my first nectar and giving it to charon and he got the next three or four before I realised that he was only going to give me one and I needed to be giving them to other NPCs!

Yeah I'd agree with the first point about passing on upgrade items-- at least when you start out in the game, you're really kneecapping some of your progress early on if you avoid getting keys, darkness, nectar, etc. The game clearly does not expect you to finish a run on your first handful of attempts, and does a decent job of on-boarding mechanics over time in a way that expects you to fail the first half-dozen pretty quickly, and to grab a reasonable amount of keys, gems, and darkness on those runs.

In general, I think the advice isn't bad, but could more accurately be boiled down to something like "You will fail a lot of runs, and that is part of the normal progression. When you get to a point where finishing runs or beating bosses is more critical than unlocks in the House of Hades, focus on boons first, especially Daedalus hammers, which will help define your build on any given run."

I wholeheartedly disagree with the idea that any given weapon isn't viable. I guess I haven't played enough yet to have a strong feeling about limiting yourself to boons from only one or two gods, in my experience the game tends to kind of do that automatically. I think it's rare that I've gotten boons from more than three or four gods.

And yeah, the shop options I usually get lead me to believe that obols should definitely be lower priority than most other options.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

MockingQuantum posted:

In general, I think the advice isn't bad, but could more accurately be boiled down to something like "You will fail a lot of runs, and that is part of the normal progression. When you get to a point where finishing runs or beating bosses is more critical than unlocks in the House of Hades, focus on boons first, especially Daedalus hammers, which will help define your build on any given run."

To this point, I would actively suggest someone who has only a few runs into the game to take Chaos boons that increase darkness gain and just focus on getting as much darkness as possible. You can gain 1000+ darkness in a run if you stack on the bonuses, which goes a long way for early unlocks.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Corrected an erroneous Divinity 2: DKS tip to the following:

Pooncha posted:

- The contents of a container are decided when you approach the container, with the exception of chests, which are decided when you look in. You can savescum for good gear or Malachite this way, but it's by no means required to win the game.
-- I would recommend scumming for Malachite at the very least; Malachite ore veins aren't common and finding Malachite gems in them far less so. Aside from the quest mentioned above, Malachite is used for some higher tier enchanting recipes.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Pooncha posted:

Corrected an erroneous Divinity 2: DKS tip to the following:

Thanks - corrected it on the wiki.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
The issue with going for boons over money is that is that it's not room efficient. Every level has a limited amount of rooms meaning that every time you're not getting something useful out of a room you're handicapping yourself for the final boss fight. By going to for gold over boons you're on average going to get around as much gold as a boon would cost, which in the end you can always just get before the boss fight at the end of the level. Furthermore, you might not need that boon or you might need HP or your Daed hammer might spawn in the shop for that run. You lose very little by delaying a boon for a few rooms.

What's more is that that boons increase in rarity and level the later you get them, meanwhile gold retains it's value throughout the run. Getting a boon from a shop can grant you the same boon only a few levels higher which again is more resource effecient.

Finally the final level has a massive shop that sells many boons, health upgrades, and powered-up boons. Which makes having gold for very important.

That's not to say to not go for gold over boons all the time, but generally speaking if you're just fishing for random buffs without a plan it's probably best to go for the gold.

Granted, my focus is mostly entirely on beating the final-boss. Since I find that the rest of the game's difficulty is trivially easy compared to that one fight.

SweetBro fucked around with this message at 06:38 on May 12, 2020

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

SweetBro posted:

I find that the rest of the game's difficulty is trivially easy

There it is

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

SweetBro posted:

Granted, my focus is mostly entirely on beating the final-boss. Since I find that the rest of the game's difficulty is trivially easy compared to that one fight.

This is the "Before I Play" thread.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

PJOmega posted:

This is the "Before I Play" thread.

O P T I M A L P L A Y

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I should note that for a couple entries, I've included sections for people looking to 100% the game- but that's specifically because the games in question have bugs or design oversights that mean, without foreknowledge, you can easily lock yourself out of completion.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I've always considered that kind of thing worth noting. Being warned about possible game-breaking bugs or particularly mean placements for critical items is certainly one thing I read the wiki for.

Truman Sticks
Nov 2, 2011
Advising a player on potentially missable items is a lot different than telling them how to min-max the game. Let the latter fall to game-specific threads or forums.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Getting flashbacks of having to prune the FFT and Persona pages.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Like, i'd put on the Baten Kaitos page "This game has many many one-time only collectibles and ways to miss out on things, so if completionism is a lot to you you should play alongside a 100% guide. Note, however, there's no in-game reward or even acknowledgement of getting everything and some requirements are ridiculous, so go forward with that in mind." (I'd bet something along these lines is already there, too)

It's true and it's something that I definitely wish I'd known before I started the game when I was younger & missable content is still one of the things I google for when I'm starting a game I know is long and likely has some of that. Having it on the wiki is useful information, even if the pitfalls might be near the end of the game -- I do also appreciate knowing where the 'point of no return' in games ends up being, and I don't think that's out of question for the wiki either.

I think all that is different than posting strategies to use for the final boss, though; there's nothing you're missing out by not knowing a strategy and (as long as you're not stuck past a point of no return and can't rebuild/grind/whatever) it's probably at a point where a player is fine with doing whatever they come up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

I should note that for a couple entries, I've included sections for people looking to 100% the game- but that's specifically because the games in question have bugs or design oversights that mean, without foreknowledge, you can easily lock yourself out of completion.

I thought that was the original point of this thread. "Don't open these four chests in the tutorial area if you want the endgame ultimate weapon" and other easily overlooked things keeping people from 100% a game.