Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Ok, our market research indicates that audiences regard Darth Vader and lightsaber battles to be highly favorable. I'm thinking our next project should heavily feature Darth Vader and lightsaber battles. Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

A film about Darth Vader and it's Throne of Blood.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Baby Darth Vader, close thread, million dollars please.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Darth Maul still tests well, our research shows interest spikes when he shows up in han solo. Maybe a sort of maul/vader team up? And we gotta have something cute in there, the porg was good but we can dial it up. I have some concepts for something called the "Frumble" for the 3-7 set

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

FunkyAl posted:

Darth Maul still tests well, our research shows interest spikes when he shows up in han solo. Maybe a sort of maul/vader team up? And we gotta have something cute in there, the porg was good but we can dial it up. I have some concepts for something called the "Frumble" for the 3-7 set

I'm digging it.

And I'm seeing that tigers are really trending big right now. Can we incorporate them in this? I'm thinking a planet of space tigers.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Remember how in the late 90s EA bought the license to do James Bond video games and cranked one out every few months for every platform and they even ended up naming one "GoldenEye" even though it had nothing to do with the movie or previous well-regarded game so just a pure name-recognition cashgrab?

Let's do that but with Star Wars instead of James Bond and TV shows instead of video games.

I want TV shows people, one TV show for every iota of minutiae you can dig up on that site Wookieepedia! I wanna see actors from the well-regarded movies in them too even if it doesn't make any sense!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
baby darth vader!!

executive assistant: *whispers something urgently into my ear*

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

star wars episodes 4 5 and 6

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

cuntman.net posted:

Run those numbers, then see if there are better ones

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Let's remake the prequels

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

FunkyAl posted:

Run those numbers, then see if there are better ones

:effort:

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

Let's remake the prequels

And we call them premakes!!!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

And we call them premakes!!!

Well gently caress BoldFrankensteinMir, now that's definitely going to happen

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

Well gently caress BoldFrankensteinMir, now that's definitely going to happen

You knew what dark waters we were delving in this experiment. Half this thread is going to happen.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

cuntman.net posted:

someone find out why the cia is dragging its feet on lending us that heart attack gun so we can get this thing started

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Original Trilogy, but it's a 7-season CGI animated show for kids and also includes Splinter of the Mind's Eye and Shadows of the Empire just to pad out the run time.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Okay okay okay, hear me out. Mara Jade movie. Yes she wasn't mentioned at all in the Sequel trilogy but guess what? GUESS loving WHAT?????? WE CAN JUST EDIT THE MOVIES?!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
star wars: babies!

they're all babies!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

dudeness posted:

Okay okay okay, hear me out. Mara Jade movie. Yes she wasn't mentioned at all in the Sequel trilogy but guess what? GUESS loving WHAT?????? WE CAN JUST EDIT THE MOVIES?!

My personal headcanon is that Mara Jade does exist, she is exactly who she is in the old EU, she met and banged Luke Skywalker, and their break up was so bad that Luke tried to kill his nephew and then went and hid on an unfindable planet on the warty taint of the galaxy for 20 years out of shame for the whole ordeal.

Mara, meanwhile, is still out there living her best Grey Jedi life.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

We need to show people Star Wars like they've never seen it before. What if there's a lightsaber with 2 colors? I'm thinking horizontal stirpes... or maybe like a candy cane.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
a re-imagining which follows the adventures of darth vader as Joe Exotic and his savage red and black striped tiger called Darth Maul

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I have access to disney internal data, may I be excused?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Tell them to unfuck that stupidass girls doll line

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Schweinhund posted:

I'm thinking our next project should heavily feature Darth Vader and lightsaber battles. Thoughts?
Yes. Quentin Tarantino directs the first 2 episodes in a neo-noir space ronin style then we engineer a "difference of opinion" about the series to create a PR dustup. Tarantino leaves, we get our names out there, then really lean into the orientalism but with the force.

It will be Vader rediscovering ancient sabre techniques. We'll have a chance to flash back to various points of his life to show his growth.

The finale for S1 will tease an interim series about... big reveal here guys . . . Revan in the outlands.

Get creative on the line. I want to see if we can get an in with the early drafts of the Stories of Mos Eisley anthology they're cooking.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Alright guys, time to pull an all nighter, we can solve this like the old days.

*throws a pile of cocaine down on the conference table*

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

star wars the musical film by lin manuel miranda

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Remember the space slug from Empire? I bet that slug has a wife and kids back home. I'm thinking prime time sitcom here people! "But wait" you say, "there's no audience in space, how could we credibly have a laugh track?" Way ahead of you, pal! The slug actually lives on a planet, and only works in space. And guess what, it hates it's job. It's all "gently caress, boss is making me sit here all day on this rock eating space ships when I wanna be at the ball game with my pals". But it can't say "gently caress" cause we wanna appeal to all audiences here not just the Game of Thrones crowd.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Squizzle posted:

Darth Vader plays a guitar, right? I remember seeing him with a guitar. So, where's the rest of the band? That's probably some unexplored territory, each film is a different Star Wars musician, he's getting them all back together again, after 40 films it's an orchestra. It's Darth Vader's own Avengers, but they're high school kids who just want to sing their hearts out!

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
What if we make a prequel trilogy to the prequel trilogy?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

CLERKS, but in Space

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Yoda's trapped in space and while waiting to be rescued he reminisces about his time in star wars in our feature-length clip show.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Emrikol posted:

What if we make a prequel trilogy to the prequel trilogy?

this is real

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Squizzle posted:

You might think you’re joking but this is guaranteed to happen at some point

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The songs are going to be written by Lin-Manuel Miranda and the plot and dialogue will be by Chuck Wendig and then I’ll barge into Lucasfilm headquarters during an executive meeting and commit harakiri in front of them all

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit
a

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Mar 31, 2022

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit
a

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit
a

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
We'd better run this by the Communist Party of China. We wouldn't want to upset them.

Think of our profits!

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

BluesShaman posted:

We'd better run this by the Communist Party of China. We wouldn't want to upset them.

Think of our profits!

The empire: now good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm finding more and more that blaming poor LGBT rep on China feels like an excuse.