Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I goofed and pretty much procrastinated doing the prep for Goon FC this week by just sleeping/taking a lot of naps.

I'm well rested and wanted you to know this as I tell you tonight's Goon FC is going to be an Openweight Grand Prix. There will be no need for picks, this is just for our mindless entertainment.

These are the participants but in PRIDE fashion I'm going to make the decision on who is facing who in the bracket at the last moment.

Anthony Johnson
Wanderlei Silva
Sam Alvey
Cain Velasquez
CM Punk
Gian Villante
Johny Hendricks
Nate Marquardt
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
Dan Henderson
Derrick Lewis
Antônio Rogério Nogueira
Conor McGregor
Tim Johnson
Bruce Lee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
i'm guessing nog submits everyone inside of a round each

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Keep in mind its Lil Nog, not Big Nog.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Mekchu posted:

Keep in mind its Lil Nog, not Big Nog.

If Punk can tap Stun Gun Kim and T-Wood, then any kind of Nog should be able to tap anyone else

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm gonna start the stream up in 10ish minutes

https://www.twitch.tv/hendojitsu/

Edit -

Nate "The Great King of the UFC" Marquardt

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 07:56 on May 3, 2020

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I totally blanked and forgot to do the standings for Goon FC 5

RNG Poster - 20
Digital Jedi - 17
CommonShore - 15
CarlCX - 12
Mr. Carlisle - 11
LobsterMobster - 11
Drewjitsu - 10
Macksy - 5
Mekchu - 4

Totals as of 5/7/2020

Macksy - 68
CarlCX - 68
Digital Jedi - 68
Mr. Carlisle - 63
RNG POSTER - 61
Drewjitsu - 57
CommonShore - 56
LobsterMobster - 49
Mekchu - 47
Nothing But Hate - 30
piratepilates - 27
HMS Beagle - 22
Alex Murphy - 12
Memento - 11
Ishin - 0

As always here is the spreadsheet that is being used to double check your point allocation and make sure a mistake didn't happen somewhere.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RjO9yVT3aCylxaXTrKBUnf4mTT0dB9h3S2C8WDhPCrI/edit?usp=sharing

Going into UFC 249 we are in a 3 way tie for first between Macksy, CarlCX and Digital Jedi with the following people very close and possible to earn enough points to possible steal the top spot should some people's picks be absolutely terrible, RNG Poster, Drewjitsu, Commonshore, and Mr. Carlisle

This will be the final event of the season so get your picks in. We're doing both the PPV (1st link) and ESPN Prelims (2nd link) for picks since the ESPN Prelims are pretty rad and look just as decent as any passable UFC Fight Night we've done in the past. Its split into two because also the overall totals spreadsheet doesn't want to do 9 fights at a time so that's also why.

UFC 249 PPV
Interim Lightweight Championship - Tony Ferguson vs. Justin Gaethje
Bantamweight Championship - Henry Cejudo (c) vs. Dominick Cruz
Heavyweight - Francis Ngannou vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik
Featherweight - Jeremy Stephens vs. Calvin Kattar
Heavyweight - Greg Hardy vs. Yorgan de Castro

PPV Form - https://forms.gle/oHBtAt7oc5Yk59669
PPV Picks - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o0ZiRnRveXXZCkBu4I8lC8DKcD_HanzofhwhTwMgLSI/edit?usp=sharing

ESPN Prelims
Welterweight - Donald Cerrone vs. Anthony Pettis
Heavyweight - Aleksei Oleinik vs. Fabrício Werdum
Women's Strawweight - Carla Esparza vs. Michelle Waterson
Middleweight - Uriah Hall vs. Ronaldo Souza

Prelims Form - https://forms.gle/V6LM6gykMsfnXQbcA
Prelims Picks - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1alXvqr4ZWkWmLZptKbG30SCiTbY1bnEFCmJ_LSZfmRI/edit?usp=sharing

A note about the main event picks: with the simulated EA games we double the main event picks. Since these are actual honest to goodness fights, the points for a main event will be the normal amount and not be doubled because the original reason was to get people interested in watching fake fights. A thing no longer necessary since we've all gone insane during this quarantine.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 04:46 on May 7, 2020

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Wait are you combining the points from the fake fights stuff with the real fights stuff or am I misunderstanding?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Wait Cowboy is fighting Anthony Pettis and it's somehow a prelim fight

lol at somehow just finding out about that in the predictions thread

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brut posted:

Wait are you combining the points from the fake fights stuff with the real fights stuff or am I misunderstanding?

Yeah. So in total on the Goonweight spreadsheet there will have been 7 events. 5 of those events were our dumb Goon FC thing which I posted the totals of above. Because we are in a 3 way tie for first, with people within a reasonable range to steal the victory and since UFC 249 is here and a thing, we're using the actual UFC event to serve as a season finale so that Goonweight GP Season 28: Fight Island Goons Having a Tactful Shitshow can begin come Wednesday next week.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Both of the picks forms are asking for permissions

I hate to bet against Ugly Tony but I have a weird feeling Justin Gaethje is going to march through the bombs and pull off something wild

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Mekchu posted:

Yeah. So in total on the Goonweight spreadsheet there will have been 7 events. 5 of those events were our dumb Goon FC thing which I posted the totals of above. Because we are in a 3 way tie for first, with people within a reasonable range to steal the victory and since UFC 249 is here and a thing, we're using the actual UFC event to serve as a season finale so that Goonweight GP Season 28: Fight Island Goons Having a Tactful Shitshow can begin come Wednesday next week.

Ah okay that seems reasonable if it's just this one event.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Both of the picks forms are asking for permissions

I hate to bet against Ugly Tony but I have a weird feeling Justin Gaethje is going to march through the bombs and pull off something wild

Fixed the links. Forgot to set it to "anyone with the link"

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Gaethje, KO r1
Cejudo, KO r2
Rozenstruik, KO r3
Kattar, dec
de Castro, KO r2
Pettis, sub r2
Oleinik, sub r2
Waterson, dec
Souza, KO r2

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Season 28 has finished. These are the final scores tabulated and our Fight Geniustm is........

removed by request, but their picks were very good and they should be proud

CarlCX - 78
Digital Jedi - 77
Macksy - 68
LobsterMobster - 67
Mr. Carlisle - 66
CommonShore - 62
RNG POSTER - 61
Mekchu - 47
Nothing But Hate -30
piratepilates - 27
HMS Beagle - 22
Alex Murphy - 12
Memento - 11
Ishin - 0

For total tabulations and all the math, etc. you can use this Spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RjO9yVT3aCylxaXTrKBUnf4mTT0dB9h3S2C8WDhPCrI/edit?usp=sharing

Our winner will receive this beautiful gang tag

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Sep 12, 2022

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A note about Mr. Carlisle and some inadvertedly misstated scores. After the first Goon FC event I posted the total score results. I accidentally had doubled the total score of a few people which, if you look at the spreadsheet was not their actual score. Instead only the main event was meant to have a doubled score. This is where the miscalculations for Mr. Carlisle's score came from and continued.

Had those miscalculations stood, the end totals would have had Mr. Carlisle at the top with 80 points. Unfortunately, upon going through my posts and the spreadsheet simultaneously for each event we did this season, he actually in reality only had 66 points. I'm sorry for this mistake Mr. Carlisle as it may have inadvertently caused hope and joy to win the prestigious Fight Geniustm gang tag. I can only offer my apologies for this gently caress up.

For season 29 I won't be doubling and just using the base algorithm because clearly I'm too dumb to do math.

Again, I'm really sorry for the misstated scores and the confusion.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 07:29 on May 10, 2020

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

top 5 finish, very surprised

thanks for doing this, somethingawful forums user mekchu

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also Season 28 will begin this week. Expect a thread on Monday.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 07:56 on May 10, 2020

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Mekchu posted:

Also Season 29 will begin this week. Expect a thread on Monday.

I'm glad that I halfassed my entire way through this, and ended up winning, truly this is the goonway to win the Goonweight championship!

If there are any more virtual fights (because there might be, lol Jacare), please make me a grappler, TIA.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I lost by one goddamn point because I refused to vote for Greg Hardy, and I am at peace with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Season 28 thread is up

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3923038