Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
What was that video about Sis claiming she showers? Did she not shower in the house or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

:holymoley:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Twin Cinema posted:

What was that video about Sis claiming she showers? Did she not shower in the house or something?

HGs said she didn't use deodorant or shower and that she stunk. Who knows if that's true since they also said Ovi was a pervert? But it was one of those running gags feedsters run with. JC then asked her about it.
https://twitter.com/BBADOrwell/status/1177376148520603653

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Is there any truth to this twitter poo poo that Ovi was groping some of the girls in the house / and without consent ? While he had a gf on the outside?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

vincentpricesboner posted:

Is there any truth to this twitter poo poo that Ovi was groping some of the girls in the house / and without consent ? While he had a gf on the outside?

No. When the feeds came on at the start of the season everyone in Gr8ful was calling Ovi a "disgusting pervert" and claiming he was groping everyone even though he didn't appear to be doing anything and everyone else in the house was all over everyone. The most generous interpretation is that Ovi might have briefly started being flirty like everyone else was and we started watching the feeds just as the backlash started and he stopped. But the members of Gr8ful eventually admitted that even if that was the case they were holding to him a different standard because (in the words of Holly and Analyse) "he wasn't hot enough."

I can't find a clip but here's my writeup of that conversation from the spoiler thread:

quote:

Ana tells Holly and Christie that she’s “so done” with Ovi and he disgusts her. Holly points out that everyone is touchy in the house and they just feel differently because Ovi’s not attractive. Ana, “If you’re hot you can touch me.” Christie complains about him using her shower. There was some incident they think was funny and will be on the show. More Ovi bashing. Ana, “Guys! He really grosses me out!” Christie complains that he walks around in a towel after showers. Ana, “He shits a looooot too!” They say he has IBS. Christie says its good he stopped making his “melts”. Holly, “Where did they find him?” Christie, “Under a rock.” Ana describes how he was talking to her and she was thinking “Don’t look at me!” Holly says they have to tolerate him because he’s on their side. Christie complains that he tells her game stuff that she already knows. “These are not your ideas, they’re ours.” Holly says all the guys in the house suck. Christie, “They’re all gently caress boys, idiots, or Ovi.” Except Jack.

Eventually most feedsters realized that (a) Ovi was actually an incredibly nice dude who didn't seem to be doing anything offensive or boundary crossing and (b) Gr8ful were rear end in a top hat, mean girl/cool kid bullies and possible bigots who loved picking on everyone, especially Ovi because he was a dork who foolishly thought they were his friends. A few days later Christie backdoored him because "its just Ovi", they blindsided him and evicted him, and then they all started claiming they loved Ovi and he was the nicest guy in the world and they felt so bad.

Meanwhile everyone in Gr8ful loved this guy. Very NSFW.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XU61vo07RI

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Sep 28, 2019

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Edit: wrong thread!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ovi would touch people's shoulders and stuff occasionally when he was talking to them. Not in a creepy shoulder massage kind of way or anything though.

It was entirely bullshit based on them not finding him attractive, like STAC said.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its also just what Gr8ful did. Bullying, projection, gaslighting, whatever. Holly spent the last few weeks of the season calling Nicole an "arrogant bully." Kemi was a "toxic bitch." David was a "manipulative cancer." Cliff was an "evil genius." They just took the whole "demonizing you targets" thing to a new level because Gr8ful had such a culty "we're all good people and family and not even really playing the game" thing.

Its funny looking back and remembering how SURE they were that this was the nicest season ever and there'd be no controversy or anything. Then they found out Ovi hated them all and "America" thought they were racist.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Trump's America's Big Brother

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
So like a lot of people I’ve been going a little crazy in quarantine and to kill some time I rewatched the masterpiece that was Big Brother All-Stars. Truly some of the most brilliant gameplay in the history of any of these reality game shows.

Like a total dumbass I thought “Hmmmm I’m a few seasons behind on Big Brother, maybe I should catch up?”. I skimmed through the second half of season 18 to confirm that I did watch it, then started on season 19.

Oh boy do I have feelings about season 19.

I hated every single moment of it for 37.95 episodes but AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD THAT ENDING.

Paul is loving awful at this game and I spent the entire season hating him. Production handing him a free MONTH at the start of a game where he was the only vet against a bunch of tomato cans was absurd. It felt like watching Coach/Boston Rob as returning players on two of the worst seasons in Survivor history, except with an even bigger production thumb on the scale.

I had totally resigned myself to that dipshit winning when one of the dumbest players in the history of Big Brother took him to the final two...

...and the jury was so freaking bitter they awarded the win to that knucklehead. :stare:

From a pure gameplay perspective that entire jury should be pretty embarrassed, but drat it was satisfying watching the production golden boy go down in flames at the last possible second. Even after bringing in Dr Will to try and talk them into not being bitter. Hilarious.

Now dear god I hope I never have to see Paul on my TV screen again. gently caress that clown and his Dollar Store Evil Dick impression.

An hour ago I was convinced I’d just skip S20 and S21, but now... I’m kinda tempted to at least start S20. Maybe I’ll queue up the premiere and see how it goes...

If anyone has any fun feeds-stories from S19 I’d love to hear them.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

BGrifter posted:

So like a lot of people I’ve been going a little crazy in quarantine and to kill some time I rewatched the masterpiece that was Big Brother All-Stars. Truly some of the most brilliant gameplay in the history of any of these reality game shows.

Like a total dumbass I thought “Hmmmm I’m a few seasons behind on Big Brother, maybe I should catch up?”. I skimmed through the second half of season 18 to confirm that I did watch it, then started on season 19.

Oh boy do I have feelings about season 19.

I hated every single moment of it for 37.95 episodes but AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD THAT ENDING.

Paul is loving awful at this game and I spent the entire season hating him. Production handing him a free MONTH at the start of a game where he was the only vet against a bunch of tomato cans was absurd. It felt like watching Coach/Boston Rob as returning players on two of the worst seasons in Survivor history, except with an even bigger production thumb on the scale.

I had totally resigned myself to that dipshit winning when one of the dumbest players in the history of Big Brother took him to the final two...

...and the jury was so freaking bitter they awarded the win to that knucklehead. :stare:

From a pure gameplay perspective that entire jury should be pretty embarrassed, but drat it was satisfying watching the production golden boy go down in flames at the last possible second. Even after bringing in Dr Will to try and talk them into not being bitter. Hilarious.

Now dear god I hope I never have to see Paul on my TV screen again. gently caress that clown and his Dollar Store Evil Dick impression.

An hour ago I was convinced I’d just skip S20 and S21, but now... I’m kinda tempted to at least start S20. Maybe I’ll queue up the premiere and see how it goes...

If anyone has any fun feeds-stories from S19 I’d love to hear them.

20 is a huge step up, probably the best post-14 season. 21 is terrible.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

bbf2 posted:

20 is a huge step up, probably the best post-14 season. 21 is terrible.

I really liked the first three episodes!

The robot owns.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

BGrifter posted:

[...] fun [...] S19

nope

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Learned that one the hard way. What an awful cast. The saddest collection of tomato cans ever assembled... and STILL not lame enough to get Paul a win. Ha.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I still think Christmas would have been a serious player if she hadn't gotten hurt. I don't think she gets enough credit for managing to completely change up her game, work her way to F3, and be in a position where neither Paul nor Josh wanted to be sitting next to her. People dismiss that as "Paul's lackey" but she and Josh had a lot of conversations on the feeds about how they knew Paul's game and just saw the other couples as bigger threats and knew Paul would keep working with them because he felt he could beat/control them. None of the other couples had that kind of awareness of Paul's game. Christmas also basically saved Josh's game and life coached him back into it to the point where he won the thing somehow. She was a weird mix of super aggressive at times but also really effective socially and persuasively. Ultimately she just was domed because she couldn't win at the end to get herself in front of the jury and make her case. She gambled that Josh would take her and she could take credit for his game, but the one thing Josh did really well was read/handle the jury.

But everyone else was terrible.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 7, 2020

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I’d agree with that. Christmas had a few good moments and could have been good on a season where they weren’t feeding newbies to a vet to try and manufacture a win.

S20 is so much better already. Just started week three and you can really see how much damage turning the game into The Paul Show did.

RIP Swaggy C You will be missed.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

BGrifter posted:

I’d agree with that. Christmas had a few good moments and could have been good on a season where they weren’t feeding newbies to a vet to try and manufacture a win.

S20 is so much better already. Just started week three and you can really see how much damage turning the game into The Paul Show did.

RIP Swaggy C You will be missed.

You can see him on the current season of the Challenge. As well as Kaycee and Bayleigh and Josh.

Natalie Negroni, the blond girl twins, and Victor have been on recent seasons as well, plus Paulie Califiore who was pretty strong in his second season but sat this one out due to some between season issues that got him disinvited.

I don't know why Josh keeps getting on. He kinda sucks but is on his third season now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Swaggy could have probably been a good player if he wanted to be, because he was actually pretty smart, likable, and strategic when he wasn't ON. But like he clearly was there just to sell his brand and character and I guess if's on the Challenge now it worked out for him how he wanted.

He probably never would have survived Hurricane Kaitlyn anyway.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

STAC Goat posted:

Swaggy could have probably been a good player if he wanted to be, because he was actually pretty smart, likable, and strategic when he wasn't ON. But like he clearly was there just to sell his brand and character and I guess if's on the Challenge now it worked out for him how he wanted.

He probably never would have survived Hurricane Kaitlyn anyway.

I think he got on because he and Bayleigh made friends with Wes Bergmann, a longtime Challenge alum and he helped them get on. They are all from Kansas City and just admitted on the latest episode that they were friends IRL.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Victorkm posted:

You can see him on the current season of the Challenge. As well as Kaycee and Bayleigh and Josh.

Natalie Negroni, the blond girl twins, and Victor have been on recent seasons as well, plus Paulie Califiore who was pretty strong in his second season but sat this one out due to some between season issues that got him disinvited.

I don't know why Josh keeps getting on. He kinda sucks but is on his third season now.

You mother fucker. How dare you not mention Fessy. Look at god.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was gonna say, if you're casting idiot Big Brother players for the Challenge and you pass over the doofy lovable massive D1 football American Ninja mother fucker then you're doing something wrong.

I'm half tempted to try The Challenge again just to see if Fessy finally found the reality show he's good at.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 19:23 on May 8, 2020

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I just finished episode 24 of season 20 and good god I hope this turns around quick because this is one of the dumbest casts I’ve ever seen. :stare:

These people are loving morons. Every last one of them. Holy poo poo they’re all so bad at this. I’m shocked Faysal can dress himself and cross the street without adult supervision.

This season makes me long for the high-minded intellectual gameplay of Jesse Godderz and Rachel Reilly.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fessy wasn't quite as stupid as he seemed. He didn't understand the game at all but he had basic common sense and instincts. The problem was JC was mind loving him the whole game and Fessy believed him because JC's game kind of made no sense and was against his own interests. And all of his other allies were actually bigger idiots than Fessy because they all thought they were mastermind gamers.

- Swaggy was just lighting fires with his silly cocky act for no reason.
- Kaitlyn was convinced she was puppeting the season and would constantly guilt Fessy into thanking her for betraying him and blowing up their alliance.
- Haleigh was constantly trying to mist people and play the middle and couldn't be convinced that there was no middle to play.
- Bayleigh hated her allies and was only stuck with them because of Swaggy and kept trying to jump back in with the other side.
- Scottie was constantly undermining his own alliance and Fessy in particular because for some reason he had no idea Haleigh and Fessy were a couple and was trying to turn Haleigh against him.
- Rockstar was actually the only person who understood the numbers but she was an emotional wreck because L6 were all assholes so no one ever listened to her and she couldn't stay focused.

Basically every week Level 6 would vote together and blindside them and they'd all get in a room together and Fessy would be like "so they all voted together?" and then the rest of them would start going "Tyler would never do that to us!" and point fingers at one another.

Fessy actually summed up his game perfectly at one point when he was exasperated and said all he wanted to do was find a team and win challenges for them but "I picked the wrong side." Level 6 were a bunch of people happy to throw their games away for Tyler and whatever that silly name Fessy's side had were all backstabbers who refused to work together. It was the perfect disaster.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
The last handful of seasons have been so bad that I had misted myself into believing bb20 was pretty good. Your recap there reminded me that no, in fact, it was very not good.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BB20 is actually the only season I never actually finished the shows for. I wouldn't call it the worst season or anything. The pre-jury was actually a lot of fun. But as a whole the season was basically a test on your capacity to watch people step on rakes over and over again. It got old fast. And even if you were enjoying that Tyler hosed up his game so badly he loses so a bunch of people who thought he was the best player ever just ended up pissed off in the end anyway. So yeah, BB20 is a mess.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I thought something had happened when I saw the thread on the front page

Something like Mickey getting arrested. That's about it.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Dammit I read the op to make sure I got Mickey's name right and was reminded of all the dumb assholes who were in the last season. Why is the US version of this show so terrible compared to BBCAN?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
They have the same casting people.

Did you watch the most recent season of BB Canada? It had cast problems as well, and was ended because of Covid. So who know if it would have gotten worse or what.

One thing BB Canada did have over US though, was that they seemed more proactive in trying to address things. The fact they had to address things though points to some of the same underlying casting problems.

As far as next BB season goes, still not much word. For what it's worth, BB Is super easy to slot in to the schedule whenever they need to once productions start back up. And with so many shows on hiatus, the CBS schedule might need that BB filler to help out.

Teek fucked around with this message at 04:02 on May 10, 2020

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Regarding BB20 I think the first 2/3rds was some of the best stuff the modern US show produced, but the last 1/3rd was some of the worst. I think 17 is still probably the overall best modern US season.

If you want some BB to fill the quarantine, definitely try to track down BBCan. I've only seen fully seen seasons 2-6 but pretty much all five of those were better than any modern US season. I've heard good-ish things about 1. On the other hand, what I saw of 7 was absolutely awful (I stopped like ~40% of the way through), but I guess every production earns at least one miss.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Welp. Just finished BB20 and hooooooooooooly poo poo that sucked. I can only imagine how monstrously awful BB21 must have been for that to look good by comparison.

In a weird roundabout way I’m kind of grateful to SweetJahasus posting it was good cause it kept me inventing all these weird improbable fantasy scenarios where it could have been fun like “What if Scotty comes back and turns into the second coming of Dan Gheesling?” or “What if Sam just kind of delightfully bumbles her way to the end and wins?”.

I’ll spoiler tag the rest just incase someone decides to slog through this mess and doesn’t want to know too many details.

Instead the whole thing was this torturous self-pagonging accompanied by soooooooooo many unjustifiably smug players. I was dying of cringe the whole way as they did stupid unnecessary poo poo then shouted in the DR about what a brilliant huge move it was. (JC was the king of this) The DR speeches after voting out Scotty the second time being a “huge move” were laughable.

I think Faysal needs to go down in history as one of the absolute dumbest players in the history of any of these games. The pagonging was underway, but he pretty much locked it in. I don’t particularly care what justifications he’s come up with after the show, he’s an insufferable dolt and I hope I never see him on my TV again.

Sam was by far the big star of the season and the only one I’d 100% love to see come back and play again. Not a gameplayer by any stretch, but the best seasons always have a couple characters mixed in like Chicken George in All-Stars and she’d be at the top of my list for that spot.

One of the bizarre fantasy storylines I kept turning to trying to make sense of anyone thinking S20 was actually good was the possibility that at some point Brett would live up to his talk. drat did that turn out to be a colossal disappointment. I don’t mind the cocky diary rooms if he’s actually doing stuff to back it up, but he was roughly as effective as the aforementioned Chicken George in All-Stars.

Oh, mildly amusing that Tyler got jacked in the end. But Kaycee played a decent enough game, it’s nowhere near the hilarious robbery S19 was.

Welp. I think I’m gonna rewatch a season I *know* is good and has a happy ending after surviving S19 and S20 back to back. Maybe BB13.

Deceptive
Dec 27, 2012
Sam kept trying to quit but production kept convincing her to stay. Also she was actually losing her mind in there and should never be on again for her own mental health.

Brett actually wasn't playing that poorly and if the right comps went his way he could have been the winner. He was probably the second or third best player of the season.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Deceptive posted:

Sam kept trying to quit but production kept convincing her to stay. Also she was actually losing her mind in there and should never be on again for her own mental health.

Brett actually wasn't playing that poorly and if the right comps went his way he could have been the winner. He was probably the second or third best player of the season.

That’s really sad to hear about Sam and I definitely wouldn’t want her to go back if it was that rough. It was fun to see her childlike joy at the experience, but I could imagine her losing her mind in the house.

Brett probably was the third best player of the season, but that’s a condemnation of the quality of play more than anything positive about Brett.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Whatever you do, don’t watch season 21, it’s toxic garbage.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Teek posted:

They have the same casting people.

Did you watch the most recent season of BB Canada? It had cast problems as well, and was ended because of Covid. So who know if it would have gotten worse or what.

One thing BB Canada did have over US though, was that they seemed more proactive in trying to address things. The fact they had to address things though points to some of the same underlying casting problems.

As far as next BB season goes, still not much word. For what it's worth, BB Is super easy to slot in to the schedule whenever they need to once productions start back up. And with so many shows on hiatus, the CBS schedule might need that BB filler to help out.

Yeah I watched it, I actually forgot about the crap that went down and ended with two players being forced out lol

mancalamania posted:

I've heard good-ish things about 1. On the other hand, what I saw of 7 was absolutely awful (I stopped like ~40% of the way through), but I guess every production earns at least one miss.

Season 1 of BBCan was pretty bad but it's entertaining because of it. I was convinced that there would never be another season after the finale lol

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
I don't remember saying bb20 was good, just that it was better than the Paul era and far better than the shitdump that was bb21.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Brett was making the same basic mistake Paul made. He was lying and manipulating everyone, and being a huge loving rear end in a top hat to them behind their backs and eventually picking public fights with them. And then he was continuing to lie about it in goodbye messages and just be smug. Brett had this intense arrogance that every lie he told was believed by everyone and he could sand in a dessert and thought he had the game on lock. Then when Scottie came back in he told Brett the jury hated him and though he was Tyler's pawn and Brett was SHOCKED. He actually tried to change up the change things up at that point but it was too late and Tyler was too powerful.

Sam had a couple of "I want to quit" moments but I'm not sure she pushed THAT hard. The big thing was about half way through the game she realized that Tyler was manipulating her and that Angela and Co were talking poo poo about her behind her back. When she realized that she was pissed off and emotional wrecked but the other side managed to gently caress it up again. I believe that was the week Haleigh was HOH, which in fairness if I remember right the Hacker screwed them there (and Rockstar telling Tyler the OTEV answer). After that Sam just kind of shut down. She was never playing that hard to begin with but once she didn't know who to trust she just disengaged entirely and kept up her arts and crafts and bug zoo.

The Fessy stuff isn't "retroactive" or hindsight justifications. The show just didn't show all the bullshit being thrown around on Fessy's side of the house. He was complete idiot to put Scottie on the block but (a) JC was a complete idiot for sabotaging Fessy's HOH, (b) Haleigh was a complete idiot for not dissuading Fessy from targeting Scottie or warning Scottie, and (c) Scottie was a complete idiot for not talking to Fessy until MINUTES before nomination (when Haleigh FINALLY said something to him) and for making up lies about Fessy. The NIGHT BEFORE Fessy won HOH Scottie told Haleigh a bunch of bullshit lies about Fessy to try and turn her against him. I don't believe that ever made air and that was the main reason Fessy had saw Scottie as an enemy.

Don't get me wrong. Fessy was terrible at the game and shouldn't be back. But the show very much failed to how his stupid decisions were driven by his stupid allies' actions.

JC was somehow the best player who played a terrible game. He was utterly clueless to the fact that Tyler was setting up the second half of the game to be completely safe. Like everyone else he foolishly assumed Tyler was his loyal #2 but there were 3 big points where JC had a chance to even the odds and keep the game in his control. (1) The Winston/Brett vote when he correctly saw Brett as the bigger threat but Tyler had more control over him than Winston. (2) The Rachel/Brett vote, again when Brett was the bigger threat Tyler had control over and Rachel was being actively sabotaged by Tyler/Angela and was good with JC. (3) Sabotaging Fessy and getting him evicted. Fessy trusted JC completely and it made no sense for JC to let Tyler/L6 tear apart his game and evict him. JC honestly was the single most effective player in the game. Tyler wouldn't have pulled off half of what he did if JC hadn't been working so hard for him, especially since Tyler just quit playing midway through. JC was just a very good player playing a completely stupid game.

The only good thing about BB20 in the end was Tyler losing because he actually played a terrible game. He was a good player but he just gave up when it got too hard and never left Angela's bed. He was also basically playing Paul's game and didn't recognize that if you had a F2 with everyone in the jury and just betrayed tem and acting like a coward as they walked out the door they'd loving hate you for it and reward the player who actually played a pretty straight up and decent game. And then Tyler can just go off with Angela and spend 2 years writing blogs and books about how unfair the game is and terrible everyone else is.

BB20 sucked. And sadly it inspired BB21. Everyone in BB20 wanted to be Paul and everyone in BB21 wanted to be Tyler or Brett.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

STAC Goat posted:

BB20 sucked. And sadly it inspired BB21. Everyone in BB20 wanted to be Paul and everyone in BB21 wanted to be Tyler or Brett.

A good description of BB20 and precisely what I’d be afraid of for BB21. Fortunately I’m taking a break and going back to happier times with BB13. The greatest totally-not-assisted-by-production-whatsoever victory in the history of reality TV. (Yaaaaaaaaay)

After watching BB19 I got a little queasy remembering how most recruits only see the season before. Holy poo poo would that give you a bad idea of how to play the game.

On the bright side:

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

STAC Goat posted:

And then Tyler can just go off with Angela and spend 2 years writing blogs and books about how unfair the game is and terrible everyone else is

Lol did he really do this? I kinda want to read how salty he is because I hated his game. Got links?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, its a long time problem with Big Brother. It happens with Survivor and I'm sure other games too. When a big player dominates a season the next cast just always goes "That's how you play" and try and ape them. And even the ones who watch more than the previous season just tend to ape big players like Dan or Rachel.

The weird part about BB20 and 21 is... Tyler and Paul lost. Paul lost twice. Shouldn't players be aping Nicole, Josh, and Kaycie?
But one of the legacies of Paul is a repeat of the Russell/Survivor thing. People not only believe Paul played the best games and should be copied but that he was robbed and the game was wrong to not reward them. And that extended to Tyler where a lot of fans had decided Tyler was the greatest player of all time and when he lost they melted down.

Actually credit to Brett, he clearly took a lesson from Josh and would always try and clean up his bad behavior the way Josh did. But he also was trying to puppetmaster stuff like Paul so it didn't work the same way where the BB19 jury just kind of saw Josh as a sincere guy who was kind of a mess but just doing his best to play the game with the tools he had.

SweetJahasus posted:

Lol did he really do this? I kinda want to read how salty he is because I hated his game. Got links?

I'll look around. I only kind of know it in passing. I know Angela wrote a book that had a really hilarious intro about how hard it was to be pretty and people just judge you for being mean but aren't they the mean ones really? I don't follow the HGs outside the seasons and mostly I just catch up at the start of the next season and through random Twitter stuff. My main impression is that Tyler and Angela just spent like a year conning their fans out of stuff and being generally passive aggressively salty until finally not only did the BB20 cast all get sick of them but even Tyler/Level 6's fanbase did. But I'll look for examples.

Mostly I remember Angela's book and Tyler getting into constant twitter fights with Scottie and other BB20.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 20:32 on May 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Started on rewatching BB13 and this season is just pure joy.

The greatest of all time. :swoon: