Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I mean I remember being 14 and thinking I had all the answers too

kids these dayskids all days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
why is bernie a specific type of cookie (which a poorly made one is watery?????) while donnie just a gernic tough cookie (maybe hardtac, but thats a type of cracker / teeth breaker)

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Agents are GO! posted:

Ridiculously smooth. Like a shark.

Ah, the lions of the sea.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

vyelkin posted:

It's okay to go bankrupt from medical debt in the middle of a global pandemic as long as you had a lawyer representing you at the time.
Also it's okay to go bankrupt from medical debt if it's not during a global pandemic, because nobody gets seriously ill outside of those.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Stoatbringer posted:

Ah, the lions of the sea.

The sea lions of the land of the sea.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Sea land is a real place and if you go there you need to self-quarantine for 14 days, as is proper in these times.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Sorry everyone, pack it in, the Fun Police are here to ruin everything they don't like.
You think that's ruining fun? I'll show you ruining fun.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i dunno why i read replies

https://twitter.com/challah_chic/status/1258948611380932608

https://twitter.com/challah_chic/status/1259078499232448513

https://twitter.com/TrenceA/status/1259079978064502784

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Wrong thread

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

MizPiz posted:

Wrong thread

Yeah, this belongs in the blessed images thread!

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

Kevin DuBrow has a new favorite as of 04:55 on May 10, 2020

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
maybe regressive people have no souls and are incapable of enjoying animal crossing.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

This is doubly funny because a lot of leftists think Animal Crossing--while adorable-- is a capitalism fantasy simulator that deserves a side eye.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

trickybiscuits posted:

You think that's ruining fun? I'll show you ruining fun.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/ariellescarcell/status/1259198664360198149?s=21

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

It's because every villager in the game is turbo gay, your character uses they/them pronouns and can change their gender by looking in the mirror, and there's a real sense of community where everyone gives each other gifts just because it feels good. None of that is fun to centrists or right wingers, in fact it's brutally offensive. It's the most queer-friendly game ever. Also your house payments pay for the kick-rear end museum that has no entrance fees. It's called "taxing the rich". They take all your money and use it to improve the lives of the poor around you. Animal Crossing is the closest we have to luxury gay space communism.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Filthy Haiku posted:

This is going to be the best meltdown may ever.
https://twitter.com/meloyumex/status/1259084204526239751?s=20

I hope this is the case because I am here for the temper tantrum that will follow. Though, she probably left him a while back, His brother in law tweeted something to the effect of "I hope it was worth losing your family to scream at people on twitter all day."

Jesus christ :barf:

I didn't know that Linehan was Peter Serafinowicz's brother in law.

Sucks for him, coz he seems nice.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Look, I’m not saying that Tom Nook is a Marxist hero, but he charges zero interest and will never send you to collections or evict you

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I tried searching for this to read the rest of the argument but it's obfuscated by thousands of posts from Left Twitter just quoting it verbatim to mock it lol

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skwirl posted:

gently caress, I didn't know she was trans, I just assumed he latched on because she didn't leave the T out of LGBT when talking about her class subject matter.

If Lineham is going to latch onto *anyone* anymore, it's safe to assume they're trans at this point. Because motherfucker is ABSOLUTELY OBSESSED with us. To the point other TERFs now are telling him "hey dude like, chill. You're making us look bad."

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Manuel Calavera posted:

To the point other TERFs now are telling him "hey dude like, chill. You're making us look bad worse."

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

mind the walrus posted:

This is doubly funny because a lot of leftists think Animal Crossing--while adorable-- is a capitalism fantasy simulator that deserves a side eye.

loving fascists with their turnips

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

BrigadierSensible posted:

I didn't know that Linehan was Peter Serafinowicz's brother in law.

Sucks for him, coz he seems nice.

Peter Serafinowicz’s grandfather was a literal Nazi war criminal and isn’t causing half the embarrassment to the family that Graham is.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Looks like Meltdown May is breaking the wall of silence around glinner, and it’s glorious.

https://twitter.com/satiricole/status/1259203102613397504?s=21

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TinTower posted:

Looks like Meltdown May is breaking the wall of silence around glinner, and it’s glorious.

https://twitter.com/satiricole/status/1259203102613397504?s=21

This is what the DMCA was invented for (not really, but probably the best way to use it).

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Mak0rz posted:

I tried searching for this to read the rest of the argument but it's obfuscated by thousands of posts from Left Twitter just quoting it verbatim to mock it lol
https://twitter.com/bronzeswords/status/1247908653396414466
Here you go

mind the walrus posted:

That's basically the argument the guy makes: "desire for dominance" here means "wanting to be dominated".
Apparently the game centers around a hyper capitalist crony-capitalist "authoritarian" landlord named Tom Nook who controls your life and the whole point of the game is to please and appease him, which betrays the liberal desire to follow and obey authoritarians, and conservatives don't like that which is obviously why conservatives don't play Animal Crossing. Incidentally his source for "conservatives don't play Animal Crossing, its players are mostly leftists" is... based on nothing. He has no facts to support it, it's just how he feels. But you better believe he's shouting down everyone in the comments for not backing up their arguments RATIONALLY and with DATA.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

My bullshit hot-take about wht conservatives/right wingers aren't playing/talking about Animal Crossing is toxic gender roles.

I haven't played it, but from what I understand:

Animal Crossing involves cutesy animals dong cutesy domestic type stuff, and not picking up guns and shooting at each other. So to a conservative manly man it is boring and stupid and girly. Also not nearly enough pixelated tits.

And for a conservative tradwife woman, Animal crossing is A) a video game so it must be for boys and/or little kids, and B) involves doing a bunch of different things, (buying turnips, selling them, farming, building your house etc.) so "This is too complicated, I don't understand. What button do you press? Oh I can't do this, I'm just a girl! etc."

BrigadierSensible has a new favorite as of 12:29 on May 10, 2020

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/lodgepolepines/status/1259260187107524608?s=21

The original tweet is kind of dumb to me too, as I’m pretty sick of the “everyone I’ve ever dated is terrible!” genre of tweet, but YMMV.

https://twitter.com/dok845/status/1259214669685743616?s=21

Wendell
May 11, 2003

This person is a bit of a pill.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

people really cannot handle the concept of a statement being in response to an implication

for example, they don't understand that cops getting away with killing black people implies that black lives don't matter, and that "black lives matter" is a response to that. that's why they counter with "all lives matter" and think they're being clever

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

hawowanlawow posted:

people really cannot handle the concept of a statement being in response to an implication

for example, they don't understand that cops getting away with killing black people implies that black lives don't matter, and that "black lives matter" is a response to that. that's why they counter with "all lives matter" and think they're being clever

I dunno if it can be generalized in that direction. I'll bet they'd be able to handle an implication just fine if it didn't imply that THEY might have to do some introspection, or that something might be lovely in the world that the onus might be on them to deal with.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
This is from a few pages back but I couldn't let this slide.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Yay for the progressiveness of all of that, but not a single soul reads the Hellblazer comics for the LGBTQ content. They read them because John Constantine is a jaded, traumatized, cockney who communes with and fights mystical forces and lazily drwas out sarcastic quips afterwards.

Cockney?! You don't know poo poo about Constantine!

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Silk's smoothness is graded on how sharky-smooth it is.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Netflix is not the idiot

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Dixville posted:

Netflix is not the idiot

likes for gay satan

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

Here you go

That's basically the argument the guy makes: "desire for dominance" here means "wanting to be dominated".
Apparently the game centers around a hyper capitalist crony-capitalist "authoritarian" landlord named Tom Nook who controls your life and the whole point of the game is to please and appease him, which betrays the liberal desire to follow and obey authoritarians, and conservatives don't like that which is obviously why conservatives don't play Animal Crossing. Incidentally his source for "conservatives don't play Animal Crossing, its players are mostly leftists" is... based on nothing. He has no facts to support it, it's just how he feels. But you better believe he's shouting down everyone in the comments for not backing up their arguments RATIONALLY and with DATA.

Nook builds you a whole two-floor house for about 42,000$ (or 4 million yen, in the game's terms), in four days and charges you 0 interest. You're basically getting a house for what it cost him to build it and you can pay him back any time, no sweat.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Henchman of Santa posted:

https://twitter.com/lodgepolepines/status/1259260187107524608?s=21

The original tweet is kind of dumb to me too, as I’m pretty sick of the “everyone I’ve ever dated is terrible!” genre of tweet, but YMMV.

https://twitter.com/dok845/status/1259214669685743616?s=21

Yeah, because it's the reading and attempts at political education that make men suck so much, not just that that's their natural state under patriarchy. Look, faux woke leftist douchbags are hot garbage, but the nazis are still all that and worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Vib Rib posted:

Here you go

I read this the other day, saw there was like 14 posts in a row. In post number two he uses, as the very fundamental basis of his reasoning, the "fact" that emotions = feminine and logic/fact/reason = masculine. And then it just got worse and worse from there