Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Tiebreakers today. starting off poorly for Nigma (vs. OG.seed) with an 0/4 w33 Ursa.

e: 0/5

e2: 0/6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

27 Kills in 10 minutes good god

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

is w33 just bad now or was he always bad when he wasn't on cheese in a friendly patch

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

they haven't stopped fighting I love it

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Cerepol posted:

they haven't stopped fighting I love it

That last fight had four Ice Blasts in it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Did they just start playing SUNSFans' new mod in the middle of the game

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
So the loser here is relegated to lower div right?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

feels like og seed keeps missing skillshots and it's costing them fights

Jerk McJerkface posted:

So the loser here is relegated to lower div right?

yeah

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

more falafel please posted:

is w33 just bad now or was he always bad when he wasn't on cheese in a friendly patch

If he doesn't get TA or Meepo, his lane is a toss up. There is a reason they gave mid to Miracle today. It definitely seemed like his team was leaving w33 to die a lot more than I would expect, though.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
4265 HP on the lvl 23 Ursa with Witless Shako, that's one way to stop W33 from dying.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

rip to Og.seed, the first team ever relegated in dota 2

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
w33 is going to get kicked from nigma and replaced by mage-

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This Liquid/VP game one is great

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Imagine losing a Rapier and still being top net worth by over 5k but also your team is down 23k

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
This sure has devolved into a farming simulator.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

VP getting brooded seems like karmic justice somehow

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything
Are there more games after that, or was that the last series for that today?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Angrymantium posted:

Are there more games after that, or was that the last series for that today?

All three bo3s went 2:0 so that's it for Division 1 today.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

there is an EG vs. business associates, Rtz vs. Envy showmatch bo5 happening on GrandGrant's stream. or you could go outside and get coronavirus.
Watch GranDGranT with me on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/grandgrant

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
The ole hookshot tp

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
navi lul

GenSpecific
Aug 17, 2005
IT'S IDEAS LIKE THIS THAT GET PEOPLE KILLED!!!!

Slippery Tilde
NiP v VP Has been a very good game so far.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Seeing a filthy meepo picking team loose brings me such joy.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Secret just team wiped Liquid 3 times in like 5 minutes.

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Secret just team wiped Liquid 3 times in like 5 minutes.

That was crazy, the net worth difference went from under 1k to 10k ahead of Liquid in no time at all from that

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

that courier play scouting MK on trees was loving sick

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

sugar free jazz posted:

that courier play scouting MK on trees was loving sick

It's a great play that I wish wasn't in the game. Having courier micro-management being such a powerful tool is just... Meh.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

It's a great play that I wish wasn't in the game. Having courier micro-management being such a powerful tool is just... Meh.

this is this first time that I can remember ive seen a play like that in a pro game. Secret is a top, top tier team, and even they basically never do that. The most common courier micro, like 99.99% of cases, is desperately trying to save your courier from being sniped. The next most common is sitting it above rosh and trying to keep it from getting sniped. The last tiny bit is something like that MK scout.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Flying it over to do a second check over a stale sentry ward isn't that uncommon, or hard to do.

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything
I haven't played this game in a year, and I think it's funny that it's somehow more of a "win mid game, snowball and end in 30ish minutes" mode than it was during TI4. What the hell happened, Icefrog

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
I actually don't think that's true, I think we've just ended up with some weirdly unbalanced matchups. Every single match has been a 2-0.

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything

Sampatrick posted:

I actually don't think that's true, I think we've just ended up with some weirdly unbalanced matchups. Every single match has been a 2-0.

Right, and the matches today and yesterday followed that timeline of brawl early - force early gg. It's weird that we didn't have any matches go really late, in the finals- the TB rapier game was the longest game, right?

Also, did void spirit win any games? The team that picked him lost in every match that I kept track of.

Angrymantium fucked around with this message at 19:45 on May 10, 2020

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Angrymantium posted:

Right, and the matches today and yesterday followed that timeline of brawl early - force early gg. It's weird that we didn't have any matches go really late, in the finals- the TB rapier game was the longest game, right?

Also, did void spirit win any games? The team that picked him lost in every match that I kept track of.

I know OG won at least once with him in groups

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
This patch is better than the previous ones from the past few weeks, but if your cores decide to farm up battlefury/radiance you might as well just call gg

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything

The REAL Goobusters posted:

This patch is better than the previous ones from the past few weeks, but if your cores decide to farm up battlefury/radiance you might as well just call gg

It's been moving in this direction for years obviously, it's just weird to come back to watching it after no contact for a year and see that the game really has been boiled down to one strat. Were people complaining about games going too long or what?

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
it mostly has to do with what heroes are good and people having gotten better and better at dota. it turns out that the best strategy is just always to not let your opponent get back into the game, which means that unless a farming hero is broken good it is just optimal to win the game early instead of late.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

i have no idea if it's true but i would guess a lot of it has to do with OG's style of play in the last two TIs and how they just gogogofight a lot and make a mess all around the map to make space for a specific, targeted timing that they drafted for.

I bet the free neutral items also help make it happen. You get a big power boost for free and that lets you fight harder sooner with whatever timing you drafted for.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

sugar free jazz posted:

i have no idea if it's true but i would guess a lot of it has to do with OG's style of play in the last two TIs and how they just gogogofight a lot and make a mess all around the map to make space for a specific, targeted timing that they drafted for.

I bet the free neutral items also help make it happen. You get a big power boost for free and that lets you fight harder sooner with whatever timing you drafted for.

Yeah, neutral items being Actually Good means the whole game is sped up, and if you don't have map control in the mid game you're scaling so much slower than the team that does.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
My favorite neutral item was tome of aghanim because it was so powerful it was removed within 24 hours of it existing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
a tier 2 item that is equivalent to an item that costs as much as a rapier was a really genius idea