Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Julias posted:

The first chapter of Bone Collection is out
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006691

My thoughts: Fairly standard shonen stuff. A bit too much of the 'our main character is a pervert' gags, but the premise is solid enough, if nothing special. The character designs are alright. The scene with the dad worrying was good. Not really enough action to determine how future fight scenes would be portrayed. And while the chapter sets up the setting and the mc's power, there isn't much direction as far as where the story plans to go from here

I guess I'll read this until I get bored of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Bone Collection's climax involving a gag where the MC touches the girl's boobs to use her power doesn't inspire much confidence in me.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Roth posted:

Bone Collection's climax involving a gag where the MC touches the girl's boobs to use her power doesn't inspire much confidence in me.

Hey theres another manga in jump with this exact same event
what a coincidence

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Undead Unluck has been pretty cool however recently.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

Undead Unluck has been pretty cool however recently.

Somehow. :psyduck:

Like I'm ligitimately amazed we went from one of the worst Chapter 01's in a long time to where we are now.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Agronox posted:

So pretty much everyone agrees Rizu is a bottom-tier heroine, but her chapters being taken over by Sekijou is funnier than any joke Tsutsui put in this arc.

It also somehow keeps the Sekijo/Rizu ship afloat. :pray:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

ConanThe3rd posted:

Somehow. :psyduck:

Like I'm ligitimately amazed we went from one of the worst Chapter 01's in a long time to where we are now.

Do you think someone had a word about how rapey Andy seemed, or was it the other way around, and the point was to add some raunchy 'fanservice' before the plot and other characters got introduced?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
What, you mean like he pulled a Negima?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

the art in that new series wasn't great and I don't particularly care for the mc's singular character trait, but it's ok I guess. expect it to get cancelled before too long tho

being good or interesting would just get it cancelled sooner

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Soukyou no Ariadne
I don't know if other are still reading this, but the past 2 chapters have been extremely effective.

Most battles have been completely bloodless to the point of making the setting feeling a bit soft. I rather liked how soft it was, because the story has been so lighthearted. But these recent chapters have been doing a lot to bring more shades of dark to the story and with the leads suddenly even bleeding I find myself at the edge of my seat.
I wonder what Caligula can do. Would be pretty funny if she also gets pushed back.

I wonder when Lululola will start wearing her eyepatch again.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I'm still reading, it's a fun adventure, and I enjoy the characters, plus it seems like they're teasing some more of the mysteries.

Lululola's eyepatch was keeping her incredible power contained, but now that she and the team are encountering stronger foes, she needs to let it all out.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Please hurry up and get to the Fumino/Sempai/Sensei endings.

Outside of Sekijou I don't give a gently caress about Rizu.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Thinking I'll drop Bone Collection over those last two pages.

It depends on how it gets followed up on, but that felt like a very transphobic gag to me.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Dexo posted:

This arc feels three times as long as the last one, and not in a good way.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Roth posted:

It depends on how it gets followed up on, but that felt like a very transphobic gag to me.

Whoa yikes, you weren't kidding :stare:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Hopefuly it and Guardian of the Witch (which I've heard nothing of) get the boot PDQ.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

ConanThe3rd posted:

Hopefuly it and Guardian of the Witch (which I've heard nothing of) get the boot PDQ.

I tried reading Guardian of the Witch and it felt like yet another bog standard battle manga.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Dexo posted:

I'm enjoying the current arc purely because it's primarily been about making Sekijou happy.
Although these being what-if arcs means there's the unfortunate implication that if Nariyuki doesn't end up with Ogata then Sekijou's family problems don't get sorted.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New SHY. When you really think about it, kunoichi are just magical girls but with knives. And as always, a shinobi always strikes directly to the heart.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

New SHY. When you really think about it, kunoichi are just magical girls but with knives. And as always, a shinobi always strikes directly to the heart.

drat, Tokimaru is jacked.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Roth posted:

I don't think it was intended to be transphobic, just a "his brother is a secret pervert just as he is" joke, but still, ugh. I don't think I'll continue it either, as it wasn't funny and you could barely call that an action scene.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I like the girl from Bone Collection because she reminds me of Hilda from Beelzebub. But the MC is just the worst.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mashle turning off the comedy for a bit, not that I'm complaining cause I do have a soft spot for assholes getting punched out.

Moriking doing some errands and continues to be good.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah, i think the female lead is the big draw of bone collection atm, though there was a lot of nice expressiveness in this chapter too

i will be optimistic like with agravity and unluck

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Mashle turning off the comedy for a bit, not that I'm complaining cause I do have a soft spot for assholes getting punched out.
"You've got eight...left to go" :getin:

Edit:
Huh. Remember in Jujutsu Kaisen when Yuji gained a best friend because Todo had an entire flashback about them being in school together?
That might have been more than a joke

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 21:13 on May 10, 2020

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

quote:

Edit:
Huh. Remember in Jujutsu Kaisen when Yuji gained a best friend because Todo had an entire flashback about them being in school together?
That might have been more than a joke

This can mean either one of two things:
It was a joke and foreshadowing

I think its this now
Our boy yuuji not just a dumb punchman and is now Aizen

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 17, 2020

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Out of all the developments in the story, I wouldn't have expected Chris becoming a massively popular Twitch streamer. He even did the "Hey [UsernameX], thanks for the bits" thing you see streamers do. :allears: I really love how much Agravity Boys keeps being so surprising and still making it work.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

less twitch more onlyfans

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 05:10 on May 11, 2020

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

Moriking doing some errands and continues to be good.

"You've got eight...left to go" :getin:

Mashle surprised me. I was a bit bored when it started, but then he started casting his bogus magic followed by that suddenly beautiful 2 page spread really took me by surprise. And the "8 left" was fantastic.
It's interesting that the only reason Mashle's punching poo poo works is because every opponent is James Bond evil.

Moriking is quite funny. Poor doggy :(

I loved that the HB was up to his old tricks again in Agravity Boys. He's such a dick.

I read Bone Collection both chapters, but I don't really see why people are getting worked up by it. The Protag is a pervert and the boobs were closest by the first time, while the second time the girl offered her thigh.
The weapons he pulled out looked pretty neat, but beyond that it's just not very interesting and I don't see it getting any better. So count me out on this one.

Soukyou no Ariadne
You've been disarmed!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Rigged Death Trap posted:

less twitch more onlyfans

Chris' stream is for families.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well good point
But the ruining myself for egirls aspect is very onlyfans.

Grislow handing himself in for a peek at maid chris

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ethiser posted:

This arc feels three times as long as the last one, and not in a good way.

The Uruka ending was five chapters, this one looks to be ten, so you're close.

I think I'm the last one who still likes Rizu getting a happily-ever-after ending.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The Uruka ending was five chapters, this one looks to be ten, so you're close.

I think I'm the last one who still likes Rizu getting a happily-ever-after ending.

She should get a happily-ever-after ending, with Sekijou.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

chumbler posted:

She should get a happily-ever-after ending, with Sekijou.

Maybe we're heading for Nariyuki-Rizu-Sekijou :galaxybrain:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Well good point
But the ruining myself for egirls aspect is very onlyfans.

Grislow handing himself in for a peek at maid chris

Grislow is surely going to find out Chris is male shortly after drinking the genderswap-tonic, and think HB has done both.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
New series Time Paradox Ghostwriter, which I grant the nickname of "Plagiarizing the future."

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's an odd story. the guy out of desperation and confusion plagiarizes a masterpiece, but it isn't a victimless crime.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm guessing the real future author is going to track him down and they end up working together.

Or maybe she submits a different series and they become rivals.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Man, it's sucks trying to break into manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
WNL: lol, the four Rizu fans out there were probably losing their minds when Sensei out of nowhere! Here to steal Ogata's chapters now that Sekijou's gone! but I guess all's well that ends well.