Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha ok but seriously what should we do about the entrenched Bowsetteers
This poll is closed.
Join them 106 13.23%
Convince them to move on, to Melinda Megamelons 39 4.87%
Abstain 16 2.00%
28 3.50%
14 1.75%
32 4.00%
429 53.56%
Flame grenadegg 112 13.98%
10 1.25%
15 1.87%
Total: 801 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It is truly disappointing that the Treasure Chest Skeleton never appeared in any non-King's-Field games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Someone who likes dungeon crawlers should play the madou monogatari series so I can experience it vicariously through their posting.

I can't tell you which ones are good or whatever I just know you have some kind of fireball spell called bayoen and it spunoff the greatest competitive game of all time.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
The Master Lich seems to be a set encounter in that hallway which to be fair was behind a secret door, so kind of a secret boss kinda deal. I'll come back for you in a few levels when you can't kill me in literally one hit, big man.

Also a couple floors back the daughter of the local tavern told me her mother had vanished down in the labyrinth and I later came across her at the grave of one of the mad king's (the guy I'm hunting for here) bodyguards and told me to take his sword and avenge him.

The sword is clearly Plot-Important, but also one of the guards a couple floors further down recounted a story about how the queen of the aforementioned mad king fell in love with one of the king's knights in the past, and the king had him killed in front of her when he found out. A little while after the queen fled the court and never returned. Hmm...

Also last I visited, the barkeep's daughter told me her mother still hadn't come back from the labyrinth even though she said she'd return when I talked to her. That and the fact that my ex-mercenary company's vice-commander has been bound by the king's spell and is now murdering the poo poo out of people down there is making me a bit concerned about where this is going.

E:

Oh god what that is not cool From Software

https://i.imgur.com/yvTA9Cz.mp4

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 11:59 on May 10, 2020

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

SeXReX posted:

Someone who likes dungeon crawlers should play the madou monogatari series so I can experience it vicariously through their posting.

I can't tell you which ones are good or whatever I just know you have some kind of fireball spell called bayoen and it spunoff the greatest competitive game of all time.
didn't an english patch come out for the genesis version of madou monogatari, like a month ago

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

homeless snail posted:

didn't an english patch come out for the genesis version of madou monogatari, like a month ago

yeah but I think that one is more of an ARPG vs the ones on the MSX that are dungeon crawlers

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kanfy posted:

Oh god what that is not cool From Software

https://i.imgur.com/yvTA9Cz.mp4

Oh my god

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mimics rule.

Love the concept of a Big Beefy Mimic as well

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Infinitum posted:

Mimics rule.

Love the concept of a Big Beefy Mimic as well

Heh leg day am I right?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

more like chest day

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Everyone knows that mimics are crustaceans, basically giant hermit crabs, and are delicious boiled.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wish I could find that one funny comic that was just some guy getting the symbol of avarice, putting it on, laughing, and then dropping dead.

It was incredibly relatable

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
happy earthbound day everybody

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Rinkles posted:

Some rather pretty background art in Phantasia

Are titles just for flavor?

not feelin the combat, though

The titles are just for flavor, some are funny when you get them. I played it maybe ehhhh a few months ago, on the GBA, and enjoyed it generally but yeah the combat was only alright for most of it, better once you get more characters. The magic users eventually get some spells that can almost one-shot all basic enemies which made much of the game a breeze except for boss fights.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

https://twitter.com/steam_gpt2/status/1258374848167972866?s=19

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I've been playing halo 1 for the first time with a buddy and, while i definitely see how the entire genre was influenced by it, i don't think this would've lit my heart on fire as a kid. only eight weapons, half of which you see a handful of times, all your mission objectives just boil down to "go here," and all these dang soldiers keep dying the second i leave the room. and the indoor levels suck!

the outdoor levels are dope though and the enemy behavior and variety is cool. looking forward to seeing how the combat evolves (heh) over the next few games

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Looper posted:

happy earthbound day everybody

Call your mom to cure homesickness

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Man, I really want to like Mechwarrior 5, it looks great and it's really fun playing around in the Mechs, the changing map and tech progression as time goes on is really cool, but the UI and lance commands are strictly inferior to MW4's, it's got a huge memory leak, the plot doesn't exist and there's no flavor to anywhere you are. On top of that the mech customization almost doesn't exist without mods (and I'm on Game Pass so I am). Replacing a medium laser with a small one or a flamer and that's all you get sucks a whole lot! The salvage system there to slow down and maximize the grind (which is already all there is) is miserable too and I'd honestly have dropped it for instant action random missions only if not for yet another bug that gave me essentially infinite money to buy all the mechs anyway. Literally everything that isn't shooting something in a mech is there to make shooting something in a mech as tedious as possible.

There's been five of these games with a dozen expansions between them how did they gently caress it up so much?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

There's been five of these games with a dozen expansions between them how did they gently caress it up so much?

Changing developers multiple times over the decades. The current license holder is incompetent and bad at what they do. Everyone who followed Mechwarrior Online, called it that MW5 was going to be a bad game, and sure enough.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Heh leg day am I right?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUDcTLaWJuo

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

if I wanted to play Jedi: Fallen Order, would it be a dumb idea to do the EA Access subscription thing on PS4 for $5? I figure I'd probably play and beat it within a month anyway

something about that idea seems like too clean a deal compared to buying the game

Weedle
May 31, 2006

grieving for Gandalf posted:

if I wanted to play Jedi: Fallen Order, would it be a dumb idea to do the EA Access subscription thing on PS4 for $5? I figure I'd probably play and beat it within a month anyway

something about that idea seems like too clean a deal compared to buying the game

seems like the perfect way to play games that you expect to be one-and-done affairs

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Weedle posted:

seems like the perfect way to play games that you expect to be one-and-done affairs

it just seems like too good a deal, too consumer-friendly. why on earth would you buy any of their games, if you were of the EA game playing variety, when you can just get in for $5 a month? a full-priced game is a year's worth of this program

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Well their new releases aren't added to the service right away.

At least that used to be the case

Weedle
May 31, 2006

might actually gently caress around and get ea access to play that goofy fifa story mode they were doing for a while

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/ElsieKFisher/status/1259533442573688833

Weedle posted:

might actually gently caress around and get ea access to play that goofy fifa story mode they were doing for a while

I played the third part and really enjoyed it.

I turned down the gameplay difficulty to like the second-easiest setting though. Maybe I still have a bias against sports games because I don't think I would do that in a non-sports game

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

just kidding Jedi: Fallen Order has EA ACCESS on it in the PSN store because you get a $6 discount on it if you have it, not that you can play it. well played

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Good thing you were suspicious!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Well done

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
tom nook is stalin's fursona

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Haha nook atm goes brrrr

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

The really cool thing is I can't even tell if you're mocking them or agreeing with them

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
ah yes, that masculine phenomenon known as "facts"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

RBA Starblade posted:

Haha nook atm goes brrrr

https://twitter.com/9_volt_/status/1259552138369384448

Weedle
May 31, 2006

"feelings" and "emotion" (postmodernism)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I haven’t played it, but the philosophical underpinnings of fortnite are quite visible: god’s law (the garden of eden) (the airplane from which players start the “game”) being eroded by depravity/decadence (“new age”/“the new left”/islam) (the players’ pickaxe/the dancing emotes (i.e. “emotions”))

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

SeXReX posted:

The really cool thing is I can't even tell if you're mocking them or agreeing with them

do you think that's incumbent on him or you

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

my friend who's an older guy got really mad at me and muted me on PSN for a couple weeks because I laughed and laughed because he'd joined Animal Crossing group on Facebook and got kicked out when they had him do a test for membership that included "how many genders are there" he got mad about what that had to do with Animal Crossing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

The ball moves inexorably towards the paddle. It is the player's responsibility to meet the ball with the paddle, and their choice whether to do so. Is there a "safety net" behind them to catch the ball should they choose to abdicate this responsibility? No. There is only the ball, and the paddle.