Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I hope Trump sees that and talks at one of his things about the important research his top men are doing into getting faerie folk to kill the virus there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
that trees got a minge

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Stay alert, here, have an alert pointer that points to how alert we all are

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
so can i sit in the park with a beer and not get fined or not?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

sky1's coverage of the announcement is called 'lifting the lockdown'. why does the media want to kill the british public?

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Apparently that’s okay as long as you’re not with anyone you don’t live with.

Can’t see this backfiring at all, no way.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
So... they're not extending furlough?

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

mossyfisk posted:

So... they're not extending furlough?

I think that’s tomorrow they talk about that.

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
I want to go back to work I just don't want to kill the landlady's 95 year old mother.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

quidditch it and quit it posted:

I think that’s tomorrow they talk about that.

“We now need to stress that anyone who can’t work from home, for instance those in construction or manufacturing, should be actively encouraged to go to work.”

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

So can we now see friends as long as we obey social distancing? Ie: can I go sit in my friends garden now?

This is vague as gently caress

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
This is ridiculously vague and infections are absolutely going to spike because of it.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

mossyfisk posted:

“We now need to stress that anyone who can’t work from home, for instance those in construction or manufacturing, should be actively encouraged to go to work.”

Yeah I get that, but there’s still loads that can’t go to work, like the entire hospitality industry, they’ll need the furlough pay extending.

Of course they’ll actually just get forced to pick fruit and live in a caravan for a bit.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Bardeh posted:

This is ridiculously vague and infections are absolutely going to spike because of it.

Absolutely. What a poo poo show.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice

NotJustANumber99 posted:

From Wednesday he said that you'll be able to travel to exercise, as many times as you like, and that you can sit in the park too. But, only with members of your own household.
(England only!)

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
I want to see less complaining about vague changes to policy and more alertness everyone! Come on! Alert!

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

But can I sit in the park and have a beer and oh look there's my mate I don't live with also doing the same thing a couple of metres away. But we aren't doing this together. Just at the same time and place?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

NotJustANumber99 posted:

But can I sit in the park and have a beer and oh look there's my mate I don't live with also doing the same thing a couple of metres away. But we aren't doing this together. Just at the same time and place?

This is what’s throwing me off

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Well of course you can do that. When have you not been able to? If the plod move you on, just go round the corner and wait for them to go away. Whether or not that's a good idea, I'll leave up to you.

Voting Floater
May 19, 2019

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Just don't let the alcohol dull your state of constant, ninja-like alertness! That cunning virus could be waiting to pounce at any time!

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Technically you can and this is why there's going to be a second wave of infections

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
The police aren't going round parks and asking people if they are related, if that's what you mean. You can absolutely go out and have a drink with friends, but currently the advice remains "members of households only" I'm pretty sure, so technically you'd be disobeying.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

ugh, this means i won't get a 2nd payment as a self employed person doesn't it? i'll have to go back to delivering food and worrying about bringing disease back home.

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
I saw some police going up the street a few weeks back ask a couple out walking if they were from the same household and they were like yup and the police were like alright then carry on. I also saw some police on horses on a different day.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

So many more people are going to needlessly die. Nice one Boris

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I liked the not very subtle gently caress you to sturgeon. I'm the boss of all these countries.

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones
Can work 8 hour days with other people but can't visit their homes or play sports together. Whole thing is bullshit.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Well, no shifts for me till July at the earliest

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Szymanski posted:

Can work 8 hour days with other people but can't visit their homes or play sports together. Whole thing is bullshit.

By working you make sure our Tory overlords' investments don't crash.

By not visiting your co-workers homes or playing sports, our Tory overlords can pretend they're keeping the lockdown, appearing to the voters they are Tough On The Virus (but not tough enough to have to increase taxes to pay for longer furloughs).

The Donut
Aug 28, 2008

Zelensky's Zealots
Soiled Meat
time to eat the rich tbh

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

so a massive second wave of infections is now inevitable/desirable by tory theorycrafting? we're just gonna power through that death toll?

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Saint Drogo posted:

so a massive second wave of infections is now inevitable/desirable by tory theorycrafting? we're just gonna power through that death toll?

We'll take it on the chin.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

tory hq has a covid death counter on the wall but it only has 5 digits, kill enough people and it rolls round to 0, coronavirus beaten thanks to boris' great thinking

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
I keep seeing adverts on TV for getting a job in the adult care sector. Might get a job in the adult care sector.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

hmm same but i might buy a limited edition gold coin worth £999.99 commemorating the Cola Wars

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
I might be paranoid but that line "We could've had 100k fatalities" made me go all unnerved.

What I gathered from that jumbled mess is "get back to work, plebs" and extreme Lord Faarquad vibes.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I thought 160,000 was a Tory death record he wanted to beat

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
The only way any of this makes any sense is to imagine that Boris is playing a game of damage and they relaxed the rules of what constitutes a "Life".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
What a ridiculously vague and wishy washy load of bullshit to drop on Sunday evening, just in time for everyone to have to interpret it for the new week.

For all the bullshit about VE day this weekend, if WW2 was to happen to this country right now we'd be speaking German even before we surrendered!!