Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Oh yay, I don't have to repeat the Cartel challenges for the other characters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

isoprenaline posted:

I tried out a Rough Rider with that very same anointment. Unfortunately it does nothing at all.

Yes I was tired and thought it was weirder than it was. I forgot the skill that reserves Mozes health for shields. All I’ve ever used with her is a deathless red/blue, ended up respeccing to try a different build.

Meh. Done the new content, going to play something else.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Is it possible to get Amara's melee to do a decent/noticable amount of damage? I think I have all her skills that boost melee damage and it's still really little, or is it just having Mayhem on and the lack of scaling? I remember Athena had a melee interrupt capstone that reset it's cooldown when you got a kill with it, and that seemed viable.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I saw level 57 melee builds that relied on freezing enemies for the extra multiplier, but that was before Mayhem 2.0. After 2.0, doubtful, unless you count using the Slayer modifier as a build (it works with TTB).

I'd love Amara's Blitz to work like Athena's Bloodrush, maybe by way of a com. I've said it before, but hybrid Athena is the most fun I've had in this franchise.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Athena is crazy fun. I loved being able to block to amp up damage of the shield throw.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Anyone try any of the save editors that came out recently? Can I make a lvl 1 in mayhem now? :(

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Tabletops posted:

Anyone try any of the save editors that came out recently? Can I make a lvl 1 in mayhem now? :(
Are there more than http://www.bl3editor.com/ ?

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

https://github.com/FromDarkHell/BL3ProfileEditor

https://github.com/sandsmark/borderlands3-save-editor

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Ah. The profile editor only edits your global profile ie. guardian ranks/tokens/bonuses, room decorations and player skins. It doesn't do anything else (vehicle skins eg. are stored per character in their save file).

Didn't try any of the actual save file editors.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I'm just going to fall rear end backwards into this thread with my question.

i played BL1 briefly and found it pretty fun. Being cooped up at home, I'm eyeing for things to take up my time before I start lusting for death. Is BL3 worth a try or will it only expedite aforementioned lust?

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Yestermoment posted:

i played BL1 briefly and found it pretty fun. Being cooped up at home, I'm eyeing for things to take up my time before I start lusting for death. Is BL3 worth a try or will it only expedite aforementioned lust?

BL2 imo, 3 is fun but 2 was just beautiful. Maya was cheat mode .

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Tabletops posted:

none of them allow you to edit access to mayhem :(

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Yestermoment posted:

Definitely start with two. There's a (mostly) coherent plotline through all five games. (The presequel is not terribly relevant and while Tales is very relevant, I don't think you can get it anymore.)

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I'm not doing much damage in mayhem 6 and I don't know why. I usually play with a friend, and together we can farm Mayhem 7, but playing MH6 single player is beyond pulling teeth.

My gear isn't terrible. I have a 24,000x2 damage yellowcake and a stack of good guns (OPQ, Krakatoa, etc).

Any ideas on what is going wrong here? It feels like higher-level Mayhem completely sucks to play solo, but I'm 100% open to the concept that I'm just bad, or playing it wrong. I use Fl4K.

e: to be specific I'm trying to get the Monarch but I can't effectively compete in the area at MH6. It's literally possible, I could do it if I wanted to have a poo poo time, but it feels so bullet-spongy as to be not worth it.

Taima fucked around with this message at 07:02 on May 11, 2020

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Make sure you’re not playing with any mayhem damage reduction modifiers, they are pure garbage. Use at level guns, toss your old guns, all of them. Use an amp shield if you health/shield gate, find a proper M10 build similar to yours and see what you are missing skill/gear wise. Guardian ranks are important, keep playing and boost them up.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Thanks, will do :) gonna give it another go today. I think you're right that I was not paying close enough attention to the Mayhem modifiers.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Bwahaha, going from maxed out Zane to speed level-to-76 Amara and it's bananas how strong she feels. Phazezerker with Phazecast allows me to get that early game feeling of popping fools with kamehamas. Doing well with an Anarchy too.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Its amazing how bad most of the legendaries feel at 57. I'm just wandering around at mayhem 2 finding claptraps and poo poo, and at this point im only picking up legendaries, but I have a level 50 OPQ and Lob a 56 Krakatoa, and a 57 Yellowcake and nothing compares even remotely. I vendor dozens of Ten Gallons and Needle Guns and Long Muskets and basically every single SMG is bad, every non-krakatoa sniper is bad, most of the gimmicks are "fires in a goofy pattern" or just "has better than normal stats but still bad". I guess Night Hawkins used to be good, but put it up against a NoPewPew that does double the damage, no reloads, and ends up firing way faster...

I haven't started Love and Tentacles yet, is there anything up there with the Cartel weapons? It kinda makes me want to reinstall diablo 3, at least every character had 2-3 builds instead of just getting an O.P.Q and vendoring everything but better O.P.Qs.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Mr Scumbag posted:

Most likely. Only it will be longer than a few months, because every time GBX comes out with a new DLC or significant patch, poo poo breaks even more.

To be perfectly honest, the ideal time to play will probably be around 3-6 months after the final DLC releases. (Assuming GBX doesn't abandon the game immediately after the last DLC)
I just started playing this game last week and it's been a very long time since I've had this many bugs in a AAA console game. I've had the audio glitch where most of the audio/SFX stop playing, and two different times I've had the subtitle glitch where subtitles from an earlier cutscene just start playing whenever there is supposed to be dialog. Then earlier tonight I was trying to buy something in a vending machine on Eden-6 and the game just hard crashed. This isn't even getting into the issues with the game chugging and feeling very sluggish at times despite the fact I am on a PS4 Pro.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

A Moose posted:

Its amazing how bad most of the legendaries feel at 57. I'm just wandering around at mayhem 2 finding claptraps and poo poo, and at this point im only picking up legendaries, but I have a level 50 OPQ and Lob a 56 Krakatoa, and a 57 Yellowcake and nothing compares even remotely. I vendor dozens of Ten Gallons and Needle Guns and Long Muskets and basically every single SMG is bad, every non-krakatoa sniper is bad, most of the gimmicks are "fires in a goofy pattern" or just "has better than normal stats but still bad". I guess Night Hawkins used to be good, but put it up against a NoPewPew that does double the damage, no reloads, and ends up firing way faster...

I haven't started Love and Tentacles yet, is there anything up there with the Cartel weapons? It kinda makes me want to reinstall diablo 3, at least every character had 2-3 builds instead of just getting an O.P.Q and vendoring everything but better O.P.Qs.

GLaT has the Anarchy which is very good for both mobbing and bosses and was probably the most OP gun in the game until the OPQ came around. The Unseen Threat has its fans but I've never used it much. Other than that, meh.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

one of the reasons why M2.0 sucks. barely started getting accustomed with DLC2 weapons (partly cause some loot drops were bugged) when 2.0 obsoleted almost all of them

unicr0n
Sep 8, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

This isn't even getting into the issues with the game chugging and feeling very sluggish at times despite the fact I am on a PS4 Pro.

Try changing the graphics to Performance mode, I'm on PS4 Pro also and that's all you can really do to help it.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Sex Hobbit posted:

GLaT has the Anarchy which is very good for both mobbing and bosses and was probably the most OP gun in the game until the OPQ came around. The Unseen Threat has its fans but I've never used it much. Other than that, meh.

I liked Skullsmasher a lot but don't know if it's viable in the new upper mayhem levels.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

A Moose posted:

Kritchy drops the Clairvoyance, which might work for some builds. I have a 300/90 version which I sometimes use to use for shield/armor strips depending on which class / artifact I'm using. Other than this the Anarchy and old god shield are pretty good depending on parts, good thing they are super rare drops :v:

Rinkles posted:

one of the reasons why M2.0 sucks. barely started getting accustomed with DLC2 weapons (partly cause some loot drops were bugged) when 2.0 obsoleted almost all of them

There is a huge power creep with the new weapons, just head and shoulders better than the other legendary guns.

e: Kaosan is S tier

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 15:48 on May 12, 2020

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Risky Bisquick posted:

Other than this the Anarchy and old god shield are pretty good depending on parts, good thing they are super rare drops :v:

And both drop from the Negul Neshai boss, very good farm.

On that topic, I just beat it replaying the story as Amara. Did anyone know when I can replay it? I was hoping to farm it before having be to schlep across the level again, but when I reset the chamber stays empty.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Bosses usually become farmable after you hand in the mission they were part of, if that's what you were asking.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Gearbox are treating this game like an MMO.

In an MMO, enemies (generally) don't scale to you and the bosses have their own loot tables with the strongest loot. When the devs of an MMO release new bosses and loot, it's for higher and higher levels, which players will then play to progress further. They won't generally go back to old content because it or its rewards are not scaled. There's no real benefit, so all the power creep comes from the new items and content.

The problem is that in BL3, everything at endgame scales to your level, and the vast majority of legendaries are world drops. The game is built to be able to replay everything (and Gearbox even encourage this with events) This means that you still play everything, kill all the bosses and almost all of the same loot drops. Only 99% of that loot is now useless, because Gearbox is only adding more powerful weapons to newer content without rebalancing the other 95% of it. So you have a game that is all about loot and "Lootsplosions" and a "Bazillion" guns, where only a few percent (at best) of it actually matters.

Because they think Borderlands in an MMO, for some reason despite having designed the game as anything but. They have no idea what the gently caress they are doing and don't seem to have any plans to fix or change any of it.

At least Diablo 3 managed a middleground with crafting, materials and enchanting. Everything that dropped was useful to some extent, and even if something wasn't quite what you needed, it was possible to enchant it to make it so.

As a result, you felt like you weren't wasting your time while playing. Even if you got nothing to wear or wield in a one hour session, you still got a shitload of materials which will help you reroll items and stats in the future. Not to mention Paragon levels which are way more satisfying and attainable than the equivalent in BL3.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
You've hit the nail on the head of the BIG issue with the entire Borderlands franchise, Gearbox seems to assume that every player will be playing with 3 other people so you can combine fire to take down anything on any difficulty, or mayhem mode.

That however, just isn't true, a great many players play by themselves so get hit by the full weight of the horrible enemy damage scaling and get hosed by the stupid FFYL system when downed alone.

I've never felt that Borderlands had a lot of weapon choice, even way back in BL1, everyone would just run the Hellfire SMG to blow everything away, 99% crap, 1% good has always been the weapon system in the series.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Gearbox is gonna tweak M2.0

quote:

With the upcoming Guardian-themed Takedown, we will lower the health, armor, and shield stat bonuses that enemies receive in the higher levels of Mayhem. We’ll also adjust over- and underperforming gear, so that more gear is viable and balanced with the new lowered stat bonuses found in Mayhem Levels 7 and above. Certain underperforming Anointments will also see a buff with this change.

This phase will also introduce a way to see which Mayhem Level your weapons and gear came from. In the item card, you’ll see a line that reads “Mayhem Level” and the corresponding number for the Mayhem Level where it dropped. You’ll see this text in the same area where Anointment descriptions are.
Problem here is that M10 isn't hard with the right gear, but they did say bigger balance changes will come later.

And it sounds like mission rewards might become farmable with eridium, if I understood it correctly.

Nice, but honestly this is just patching their previous bad decisions and oversights.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 18:56 on May 13, 2020

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Mayhem post tweak is going to be a joke unless they significantly reduce weapon damage, it's already too easy.

e: post patch I seem to be doing more damage to annointed in general, and getting huge amounts of exp doing konrads hold speed runs to grab the Mongol.

M10 Mongol

M? Mongol

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 07:10 on May 15, 2020

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

So from what I gather, they've released yet another patch without fixing the M10 drop rates.

I'm not sure I'm surprised. Just confused.

isoprenaline
Jun 4, 2005

And there, till Christ call forth the dead,
In silence let him lie:
No need to waste the foolish tear,
Or heave the windy sigh:
The man had killed the thing he loved,
And so he had to die.

Rinkles posted:

Gearbox is gonna tweak M2.0
Problem here is that M10 isn't hard with the right gear, but they did say bigger balance changes will come later.

And it sounds like mission rewards might become farmable with eridium, if I understood it correctly.

Nice, but honestly this is just patching their previous bad decisions and oversights.

“Adjust over performing gear”

For God’s sake WHY?

It’s not PvP, no one loses if the yellowkake doesn’t use 10 rounds each time it fires. Let us have nice things, just make some MORE of them.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

isoprenaline posted:

For God’s sake WHY?

It’s not PvP, no one loses if the yellowkake doesn’t use 10 rounds each time it fires. Let us have nice things, just make some MORE of them.

We've been over this before in the thread. Not doing weapon balancing will just cause the game to end up like borderlands 2 end game. Everything is an unfun slog unless you have perfect gear because everyone just googles "best weapon to use", gets those weapons, and then complains the game is too easy.

Edit: It's just a feedback loop. "Game is too easy" *adds harder enemies* "Enemies have too much health" *Adds stronger guns/increases weapon damage* "Game is too easy"

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 14:54 on May 15, 2020

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah and if you don't have the stronger guns you're just hosed. Why don't you grind more?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

isoprenaline posted:

For God’s sake WHY?

It's kinda dumb with a build attached to the gun, fire and forget on annointed.

https://i.imgur.com/owQqYzQ.mp4

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Make more guns good, don't just dumpster guns that are good.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

if they brought everything up to yellow cake level, they'd have to compensate with higher enemy health or risk making the game completely trivial to play

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
It's also way less work to drag down a handful of guns which are massively more powerful than going through dozens of guns to buff them.

They'd have to alter enemy HP/damage/etc. either way.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

The problem is that their balance is so loving insane and all over the place that a blanket nerf/buff still wouldn't do it. The legendaries are all over the place and seem like they were balanced by a bunch of developers who never had any communication with each other.

This is why they still haven't done anything. They haven't decided yet how to fix their fuckup, and when they have made a decision, expect another few months of them figuring out that their solution was wrong and then more screwing around in attempting to fix it.

It's not a joke to say that this game won't really feel like it's ready until months after the last DLC.

Either that or a fan patch, but it seems that fans don't care enough. Certainly not as much as they cared about BL2. That says a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Bumper Stickup posted:

We've been over this before in the thread. Not doing weapon balancing will just cause the game to end up like borderlands 2 end game. Everything is an unfun slog unless you have perfect gear because everyone just googles "best weapon to use", gets those weapons, and then complains the game is too easy.

Edit: It's just a feedback loop. "Game is too easy" *adds harder enemies* "Enemies have too much health" *Adds stronger guns/increases weapon damage* "Game is too easy"

Maybe the answer to this is to make enemies/encounters harder in some way other than increasing their hp/damage?