Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I want Raddle the modern man's frog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Hippeux is not hippo Donald trump. He’s hippo frasier and that’s an important distinction to make.

This looks like a really cool river/mountain layout. Did you terraform a lot of this in or did it come close to this naturally?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

With people posting their villagers I'm kind of curious- tier lists be damned who's your favorite villager in Animal Crossing?

For me it's always going to be Punchy the Cat. I love that quirky fella :3:

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I'm loving Quillson

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

ATTENTION: Tex is DIY'ing Ironwood Clocks on my island! He's over by the Ables and the shop; just head left from the airport.

Oh, and tuxedo dresses, star costumes, and music-fest shirts are on sale if you care.

Dodo code: FQDP3.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Oh, favourite is difficult, but I really like Eugene the smug blues brothers koala.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Oh my God villager birthday parties are the cutest poo poo

They do a happy little march around the birthday cake table while singing, and everyone is dressed up nicely

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

And More posted:

Oh, favourite is difficult, but I really like Eugene the smug blues brothers koala.

"What's the word? Is it 'yeah buddy?'"

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!

Battle Pigeon posted:

I have one you can just have, and am around now for a while to drop it off whenever!

Thanks!
E:

Vaginaface fucked around with this message at 21:03 on May 10, 2020

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Able's has sports tanks for sale, so I bought up each jersey number, one through eight, and gave them to my villagers in the order in which I like them best. Don't get TOO excited about your #8 jersey now, Ellie. :twisted:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I thought I posted my villagers but here have a tiny map

Sky, Cherry and Audie are my favorites right now

I love Apollo but Cranky villagers gimmick this game suck so he got robbed there

I think I'd be fine cycling any of the others out but they're all really good- the only one I'm even a bit indifferent on is Sprinkle.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Dotty, Lionel, Poppy and Marshal are my fav current villagers.

Joined by Beau and Lucky in my all time favourites!

I’ve a hard time narrowing it down

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

With people posting their villagers I'm kind of curious- tier lists be damned who's your favorite villager in Animal Crossing?

Always, always Rasher.

I love this grumpy scarred idiot old man so much.

Chops is a close second, but Rasher forever has my heart.

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Oh my God villager birthday parties are the cutest poo poo

They do a happy little march around the birthday cake table while singing, and everyone is dressed up nicely

I just had my first one, and it was fine until Papi said something like "Let's try and make this even more memorable than my sixth birthday party, when the clown went into my house and never came out! My mom says sometimes you can still hear honking from inside the walls!"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Sometimes this game is really something else

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Lugubrious posted:

I just had my first one, and it was fine until Papi said something like "Let's try and make this even more memorable than my sixth birthday party, when the clown went into my house and never came out! My mom says sometimes you can still hear honking from inside the walls!"

Friend of mine picked up a villager from one of his friends. When I talked to them they mentioned the other island and told me that they were glad they left. The night clowns that roamed that island scared him and there's far less of them on this island.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Friend of mine picked up a villager from one of his friends. When I talked to them they mentioned the other island and told me that they were glad they left. The night clowns that roamed that island scared him and there's far less of them on this island.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Here is a charming Animal crossing story.

https://twitter.com/Rheiret/status/1259523659846135808

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1259523659846135808.html

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer
Kabuki is making a bonsai table if anyone wants the recipe.

He’s in the south east corner.

438RY

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Bob is and always will be best. He's been my bro for 20 years now almost.

Puddles is soon to be ousted, she keeps asking to leave and I'm sick of her starter home. Dotty will be taking her place in the near future. Hamlet also has a starter home but I could not possibly kick out Hamlet, even to quickly replace him with a new Hamlet. He is my favorite jock personality and he's always giving me tips on my bench press and complimenting my triceps.

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Grimey Drawer

Boonoo posted:

438RY

I’ll also drop some pitfall seeds. I think if you bury one and then dig it up you’ll get the DIY.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Boonoo posted:

I’ll also drop some pitfall seeds. I think if you bury one and then dig it up you’ll get the DIY.

This is correct.

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug

Hobo Clown posted:

Sterling looks cool. I want him to move to my island to meet Vic so they can be best friends (or mortal enemies)

If I ever get Nox I’m building a castle themed home and having him and Sterling defend it!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Zucker or Stitches are tied for my favourite, I think, although Croque is moving his way up there ranks

I'm ready for Poncho to fuckin BOUNCE though, Kody is cooler then you my dude, go list weights somewhere else

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Boonoo posted:

438RY

Oh no! I lost communication with ya. I hope I didn’t mess anybody up! :ohdear:

I still have the recipe, though... though where am I gonna get the recipe for bonsai? Cut down a lotta trees?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Bree calls me cheeseball all the time and I had to win a gambling game to get her to come to my island so she's my favorite. Annalisa is always giving me poo poo too.

I've only had 11 different villagers so far though.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Boonoo posted:

438RY

Got a “1 or more consoles it’s not responding” error when I tried. In my experience that’s caused by a NAT type issue. Do you get a NAT type of B or better when you do the connection test in the Switch’s settings?

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Grimey Drawer
Whoops! Connection lost.

Here it is back up 6RCC3.

Kabuki is making a bonsai table and I have some pitfall seeds available.

kabuki is in the south east corner.

McCracAttack posted:

Got a “1 or more consoles it’s not responding” error when I tried. In my experience that’s caused by a NAT type issue. Do you get a NAT type of B or better when you do the connection test in the Switch’s settings?

Oh, not sure. I may have just had a bad WiFi signal. I’ll have to check that out later.

Boonoo fucked around with this message at 22:02 on May 10, 2020

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

obie
og hou

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Cherry is my favorite, largely because she was one of my original villagers in Pocket Camp and thus had the longest time to grow on me. Tex is pretty rad too. Sprinkle is currently fighting Tex for 2nd place despite being a random move-in.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

shortspecialbus posted:

Bob is and always will be best. He's been my bro for 20 years now almost.

Puddles is soon to be ousted, she keeps asking to leave and I'm sick of her starter home. Dotty will be taking her place in the near future. Hamlet also has a starter home but I could not possibly kick out Hamlet, even to quickly replace him with a new Hamlet. He is my favorite jock personality and he's always giving me tips on my bench press and complimenting my triceps.

I love Puddles, she was one of my starters in NL and the only peppy I've ever really bonded with. I'm not saying I want her, but someone should snag her when she goes, she's lovely.

Nemo2342 posted:

Cherry is my favorite, largely because she was one of my original villagers in Pocket Camp and thus had the longest time to grow on me. Tex is pretty rad too. Sprinkle is currently fighting Tex for 2nd place despite being a random move-in.

I loved having Jay in NL bc he has my name, but I don't know that I'd have him back if I found him on an island or anything. Plus I already have Goose. (I really want Dom some day) Anyway Jay's my friend and a good bro. Coco is also the biggest sweetheart and I love her to bits.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Zucker's whole aesthetic is so awkward it makes me physically uncomfortable to look at him. If he had been on my island I would have just restarted the entire thing.

Eunice is the best villager, she calls me lambchop and is always checking in on me.

I still hate Pietro but at least I feel something with him. Boone and Violet are just there taking up space (but not for long if I have my say).

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Pleads posted:

Zucker's whole aesthetic is so awkward it makes me physically uncomfortable to look at him. If he had been on my island I would have just restarted the entire thing.

Whaaaat no he's great, he does make me hungry though.

I had Violet in my campsite recently and I could not have gotten out of there any faster

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Not Pictured: Me, King of the Rabble.

Was it ever figured out if there's a second upgrade to nooks?

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Evil Mastermind posted:

ATTENTION: Tex is DIY'ing Ironwood Clocks on my island! He's over by the Ables and the shop; just head left from the airport.

Oh, and tuxedo dresses, star costumes, and music-fest shirts are on sale if you care.

Dodo code: FQDP3.

I think Nintendo pooped themselves and your code no longer works. I'd appreciate your Ables at the least if you redid it.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Tybalt and I started this journey together and together we'll end it. He's never leaving.

However, on that note goons :siren: Victoria is IN BOXES. :siren: My lovely horse needs a home and if you're interested in a horse in a lucha libre mask who has aspirations of pop stardom, please post in this thread or PM me so you can give her a good home.

My Girlfriend is also losing a resident as :siren: Lucha is moving off her island!. :siren: If a lucha-libre bird is more your speed, same deal, let me know and I'll give you a dodo code.

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 22:26 on May 10, 2020

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/ydofu_y/status/1259087229277712385

This is why Gyroids are banned on the island. They're a bad influence on the villagers.

https://twitter.com/Cinnamolrol/status/1259412409590206464

Someone help Dom he's trapped in the dance-dimension.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Honestly it's been Kevin for years for me. He's a lovable jock who encourages you to work out with him and isn't too bright but incredibly good natured. I felt like I hit the jackpot when I actually got him as one of my first 3 villagers in this game.

I still really wish I could get Kiki as she was one of my favorites from way back in the day.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Viewtiful Jew posted:

https://twitter.com/ydofu_y/status/1259087229277712385

This is why Gyroids are banned on the island. They're a bad influence on the villagers.

https://twitter.com/Cinnamolrol/status/1259412409590206464

Someone help Dom he's trapped in the dance-dimension.

drat you Pocket Camp, quit hoarding all the cool furniture. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Let's try this again. Apologies for yesterday's failed attempt. If you did get through before it went to poo poo, I thank you for the Dimetrodon torso.

Dodo Code: CLOSED

Nooks
Imperial decorative shelves - 8500
Ring - 69000 (nice)
Unfinished puzzle, tea set (blue)

Able sisters
Halo, acid-washed jacket, tweed jacket, tweed slacks, gingham picnic skirt, firefighter uniform, nurse's dress uniform, imp hood

Fossils
Ammonite, Ankylo tail x2, Ankylo torso, Diplo tail tip, Dunkleosteus, Eusthenopteron, Iguanodon skull, Iguanodon tail x2, Mammoth skull, Mammoth torso, Megacero skull, Megacero tail, Myllokunmingia, Opthalmo skull x2, Plesio body x2, Ptera body, Right Megalo side, Spino torso, Tricera skull

DIY recipes
Wooden-block bed x2, Stone-lion dog, Peach umbrella

Housewares, etc.
Folding chair x2, Colorful wheel , Popcorn machine (red), Cat tower (beige), Utility sink, Digital scale, Piano bench, Outdoor generator, Typewriter

Ursula is making an Apple Wall. Her house is right next to the airport.

There's also a bunch of books on the way to the giveaway area. Help yourself if you need them for crafting. I also left some bamboo on the beach next to the giveaway area if you're in need of that, too.

Still looking for green mums or pink and black roses. And please water the flowers if you feel like it.

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 01:02 on May 11, 2020