Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Glenn Quebec posted:

I did a random quickplay into some super sweaty game mode and I'm really happy that crossplay exists because console players poo poo talking is so much more fun than PC players 9 out of 10.

I also got made fun of for being so old and playing video games with teenagers lmao but someone defended me cause my k/d was decent for an old lmao

I usually just get people screaming the N word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

heated game moment posted:

I usually just get people screaming the N word

Yeah qualifying "people yelling the N word a bunch" as "console players poo poo talking is so much fun" is a new take for sure

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I mostly hear people calling the other team bad if they lose on Shipment of all things. I deal with that by ignoring reality and telling them they lost and, in fact, bottom fragged.

Let me tell you this does not make people happy.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Fart Car '97 posted:

Yeah qualifying "people yelling the N word a bunch" as "console players poo poo talking is so much fun" is a new take for sure

That isnt qualifying. Thats sharing a different, but common experience.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

LETS DROP NUKETOWN ALL DAY HELL YEAH

posters who pay attention see that noodle says to "drop nuketown all day hell yeah" but really means "subject the entire team to dropping at the top of construction and frantically searching for a gun before their untimely death to an enemy who got to that mog a half-second before you did"

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008
Well I have peaked. Never gonna be so lucky again. The chat is a bit loud so headphones beware
https://clips.twitch.tv/YummyHardStorkKreygasm

Also my friend fought against a sniper in the gulag which was...odd. We reported for cheating, In the kill cam it was gold camo'd so we assumed it was part of his kit.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpoopyCulturedMeerkatMoreCowbell

Dial M for MURDER fucked around with this message at 19:17 on May 10, 2020

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

ZombieCrew posted:

That isnt qualifying. Thats sharing a different, but common experience.

Thanks, maybe you can clarify the words joke and sarcasm as well

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Had a team the other day who had one guy constantly playing the Next Episode and then his teammate playing some poor man's Full Metal Jacket sergeant over their mics before and after the match. Really cool dudes. These people think they're being funny

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
10v10 shipment sucks but on hardcore it's 8v8 and it feels slightly more manageable

I would like an only shoothouse playlist again soon though because I'm close to Damascus except half of my guns need long shots and nothing else

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I like obsidian because you can pick your favorite gun and make it look cool but it doesn't come with the baggage of letting everyone know you sunk a significant portion of your life into getting pretty colors on your video game gun

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Damascus looks like poo poo lol

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOhmzfKHHdU

Pretty good breakdown of the 2 main meta weapons right now

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Having a lot of fun with the Kar

https://i.imgur.com/GUIrVxG.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/N66hREQ.mp4

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/aWER61g.gifv

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
So loving sick of scope glint it completely ruins ground war when your position is automatically broadcast to the entire map just by ADS.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Amarcarts posted:

So loving sick of scope glint it completely ruins ground war when your position is automatically broadcast to the entire map just by ADS.

Just use the 3x scopes.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Amarcarts posted:

Good

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Amarcarts posted:

Good

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Amarcarts posted:

Good

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
won't anyone think of the snipers?!?

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

Amarcarts posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Scope Glint Real Hahahaha Gamer Just Don't Stay Scoped In Like Gamer Use Your Eyes Haha

Streyr
May 14, 2006
Penguin God

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

i blame this on streyr

How dare you :getin:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Amarcarts posted:

gently caress why can't I just sit on the edge of a map and get kills all day

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Nitevision posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Scope Glint Real Hahahaha Gamer Just Don't Stay Scoped In Like Gamer Use Your Eyes Haha

this is a good post and i support it

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

It’s probably my dogshit eyes and TV from 2008 that I sit too far from but I have a hard time seeing a lot of things. It doesn’t help that all the models blend into the world like fuckin chameleons.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

drunken officeparty posted:

It’s probably my dogshit eyes and TV from 2008 that I sit too far from but I have a hard time seeing a lot of things. It doesn’t help that all the models blend into the world like fuckin chameleons.

This is why I support wearing the gaudiest skins possible like the track suit guy.

I don’t because I only have the base free ones unlocked and also I need any advantage possible!

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

To be fair the game is designed for 12 year olds with excellent vision

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nitevision posted:

i appreciate replacing the n word with gamer

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Spanish Manlove posted:

i appreciate replacing the n word with gamer

It could have been any number of gamer words, yet you chose to envision that one.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

JaySB posted:

It could have been any number of gamer words, yet you chose to envision that one.

https://twitter.com/tylerthecreator/status/285670822264307712?s=21

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Anyone got some tips on the "Get 10 finishers" thing. It's kicking my rear end, even on groundwar I cant go wide enough to backstab snipers.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

I'm using a 42" plasma at like 7ft, I will have dead squadmates in WZ calling out enemies that I can't make out. I actually didn't even know the waypoint markers had distance for weeks because I can't make the numbers out with 1080p HUD scaling on my TV.

Fat_Cow posted:

Anyone got some tips on the "Get 10 finishers" thing. It's kicking my rear end, even on groundwar I cant go wide enough to backstab snipers.

Use dead silence and tune up if you're playing GW and just do it to people in buildings, ignore the snipers. Karst river quarry is really good for this. If you run underneath the C bridge and pop it on the enemy side you can clean up.

Crustashio fucked around with this message at 01:00 on May 11, 2020

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fat_Cow posted:

I got like 20 in an hour or two while doing weapons challenges on Shipment 6v6

It was the challenge I dreaded the most but it turned out to actually be pretty easy. Whatever the default finisher is for Yegor didn't take long to execute.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Sure, make a combat knife and shield build and run around on shipment stabbing people and for whatever reason some of those kills count as finishers

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

Fat_Cow posted:

You have a better chance doing it in gunfight. That’s where I got mine done.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Ah.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Fallom posted:

I got like 20 in an hour or two while doing weapons challenges on Shipment 6v6

It was the challenge I dreaded the most but it turned out to actually be pretty easy. Whatever the default finisher is for Yegor didn't take long to execute.

Did you get Shipment 6v6 by chance? No way to choose this map/mode anymore right, once the wacky menu options go away?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Thanks to whoever turned me on to using the JOKR on 10v10 shipment, I’d been avoiding it for fear of the challenges being difficult and now i’m creaming through them

I just went 100 to 40 because every two JOKRs earned me an air strike which then earned me a wheelson, I had 3 or 4 in one round and most of my kills were running people over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

JaySB posted:

loving lol