Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Shibawanko posted:

i like the scene where cornelius interrupts the commodore sex act by using the leaf blower. thats happened to me several times

god the first time I read that arc I was in stitches between the voice donut/commodore sex act/you know how it is with wikipedia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Pastry of the Year posted:

You can do whatever you want in life.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Previa_fun posted:

god the first time I read that arc I was in stitches between the voice donut/commodore sex act/you know how it is with wikipedia

BWAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

AH-HAH!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://twitter.com/achewood/status/1258620814091378688

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012

FWIW it seems like a ton of stuff is already out of stock. I couldn't check out with any of the glasses, D&C hoodie, or apron. I was hopeful I had maybe caught this early enough but apparently not.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I'm just amazed the original books are going for $250 each. MY RETIREMENT FUND IS SET, FOLKS

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

i kind of feel like a specific book is missing from that sale, like a book with recipes or something

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Not really sure what you might be referring to- any other decade-old events you want to reference to help point us in the right direction? Maybe reference a trollface to get us in the right headspace for the amount of time that has passed?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

That reminds me -- does the shop on the main website still work? I've been thinking about getting one of the t-shirt designs there, but I have irrational trepidations about throwing credit-card info into the void.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Mike Danger posted:

FWIW it seems like a ton of stuff is already out of stock. I couldn't check out with any of the glasses, D&C hoodie, or apron. I was hopeful I had maybe caught this early enough but apparently not.
I can't tell if it's actually out of stock or if the shipping options are just hosed up - my totally normal address claims to have no shipping methods available to deliver a glass or a fine work of literature.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I can't tell if it's actually out of stock or if the shipping options are just hosed up - my totally normal address claims to have no shipping methods available to deliver a glass or a fine work of literature.

I got the same messages earlier, guessing it means Zero Stock, but the item description hasn't been updated (manually, I guess?) to show this.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Shibawanko posted:

i kind of feel like a specific book is missing from that sale, like a book with recipes or something

he finally apologized and tried to make it right, even i have dropped it

Patattack
Nov 23, 2008

The English Language!

Deathlove posted:

I got the same messages earlier, guessing it means Zero Stock, but the item description hasn't been updated (manually, I guess?) to show this.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Mike Danger posted:

FYI, Onstad mentioned something on Facebook about how he accidentally broke a shipping table (?) sometime last night that he was working on fixing about an hour ago. Either way, I was having the "cannot ship" error all morning, but I was able to check out successfully just now!

Patattack fucked around with this message at 17:42 on May 8, 2020

Patattack
Nov 23, 2008

The English Language!

CannonFodder posted:

I got the cookbook and Rad Chilies, but not an apron and now I'm sad.

Secondary FYI: there are both red and black aprons in the Achewood Art Shop today, since they uncovered a cache of deadstock from the old warehouse!

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012

Patattack posted:

FYI, Onstad mentioned something on Facebook about how he accidentally broke a shipping table (?) sometime last night that he was working on fixing about an hour ago. Either way, I was having the "cannot ship" error all morning, but I was able to check out successfully just now!

Yep, I got my order in earlier. Kind of regretting not getting an apron a little bit but I kind of feel like I wouldn't use it anyhow.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Patattack posted:

Nice, thanks for the heads up!!

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Nah check his posts- it's pretty much all he has to contribute.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Got my order through successfully this time. Thanks for the heads-up!

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

WoodrowSkillson posted:

it's always been affectionate

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Out of all of the collected books he's selling for over $200 the only one sold out so far is Achewood volume 7: Kiss My rear end Bitch, I'll Be At Dwayne's and I'm willing to bet its because it has the best name

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Happy Hippo posted:

Out of all of the collected books he's selling for over $200 the only one sold out so far is Achewood volume 7: Kiss My rear end Bitch, I'll Be At Dwayne's and I'm willing to bet its because it has the best name

It really is one of the best sentences in the English language

Like, if James Joyce were alive today he’d tell people that he wished he had written it

(And of course also this strip)

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11262007

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"She does a :(" is such a hyper-specific weird little way to write, I love it.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Jesus, Ray, what did Tina do to you man

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Lmao random comic I got after this one was the one about Ray getting blamed for a "health person fart" in Whole Foods.

gently caress I can't wait for the compilations to start coming.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Lmao random comic I got after this one was the one about Ray getting blamed for a "health person fart" in Whole Foods.

gently caress I can't wait for the compilations to start coming.

the "Whole Enchilada"

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

"She does a :(" is such a hyper-specific weird little way to write, I love it.

Mine would be “He does a :stonk:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

robot roll call posted:

the "Whole Enchilada"
I had to talk to a suicide counselor before they'd let me leave

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
“You can’t bugger a kid online, not even with Flash.” Is probably the best sentence ever written

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Amazon is now listing The Complete Canon's publication date as April 20, 2021 :negative:

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

The best sentence ever written is "I boo the nacho as his father" but it's probably not in English so there you go.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I think my favorite Achewood sentence is the Douglas Coupland review of "rear end in Your Pants":

quote:

"In a nation of broadband apathy, the pierced avenues of your local Tower Records are something like a roll call for reform... reporting to [Ray Smuckles'] Ragtime Detention Center is like pacing steadily toward the altar of... the only modern cultural validation which can even be said to exist."
but I spent a huge portion of today giggling at "KISS MY rear end BITCH I'LL BE AT DUANE'S" so that's definitely up there.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

"In a nation of broadband apathy, the pierced avenues of your local Tower Records are something like a roll call for reform... reporting to [Ray Smuckles'] Ragtime Detention Center is like pacing steadily toward the altar of... the only modern cultural validation which can even be said to exist."

Ray gets the best reviews :allears:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Rachel Ray is doing quarantine shows from home and all I can think about is Nice Pete peering in the windows

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Aberrant and victimized, yet wholly failing any expectation of Sturm und Drang, the entire undertaking settles to the floor of time like so much diatomaceous offal.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Fallom posted:

Rachel Ray is doing quarantine shows from home and all I can think about is Nice Pete peering in the windows

Will Rachael Ray get her boobies this year? Fingers crossed!

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Labrador owners may wish to leave the thread.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Seldom Posts posted:

Aberrant and victimized, yet wholly failing any expectation of Sturm und Drang, the entire undertaking settles to the floor of time like so much diatomaceous offal.

In his humility germinates the defining anti-vanity of the coming decade. :hchatter:

Patattack
Nov 23, 2008

The English Language!

Jerusalem posted:

In his humility germinates the defining anti-vanity of the coming decade. :hchatter:

"A leitmotif of identity and desperation" goes in the "about" section of most social media accounts I own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I think about this exchange a lot, these days.