Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

I once befriended an old Trans woman in her late 60's (this was already about a decade ago) who got her vaginoplasty and breast implants in the 70's or 80's, I mean early pioneer type poo poo. Anyway, besides the point. The first day I show up to her house, she has boxes stacked floor to ceiling, perfect fit, of FOX "News" on VHS, I mean were talking back to early 80's, and that she would sit in her small box filled living room watching old recordings of FOX "News". All those VHS tapes made for excellent insulation, the small AC would keep the living room cool in the summer and the heat of the tapes and boxes would keep it warm in the winter. Shes sitting in a recliner and I sit down next to her a light up a cigarette. Surprised we never burned the place down with all the packaging. We shoot the poo poo for a little bit and then she looks at me and says "MageMage, there are people in other countries that would like to KILL YOU right now. Oh yes, if they found out you were American, slice you from ear-to-ear" and I'm looking at her, and she has this smile on her face like she is posing for a picture. Turns out she was very old fashioned "can't stand brown skin" racist and that was her favorite subject. I mean, when we were out in public, it would be casual conversation to the person at the checkout, or a stranger at the grocery store.

She was deep into FOX "News" but the more I hung out the more she slowly started going through her boxes and actually getting rid of a lot of them. Her ideology didn't change. When proposition 8 was a thing in California she felt that marriage was between a man and a woman and gay people had to do domestic partnerships because "it's the same thing". was appalled at the idea of the government paying for transgender health. Felt that trans people shouldn't "invade" "women's spaces". We actually ended up not being friends anymore when Trump won office because she ended up getting so toxic and striking up these conversations with acquaintances connected on my social media. But I put up with lot of toxic trans people who fought their own betterment in my day, I never discriminated to those who needed help. She's one small example, but they exist. Anyone can be vulnerable.

Anyway, I'll have a baconator with extra mayonnaise please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Fox News didn't exist in the 80s.

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

What is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱
And that old lady's name? Contrapoints!

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

wizzardstaff posted:

It's very real and it's been operating that way for years. Can't find it right now but I remember an interview with the person who runs it; the thinking is basically "no one is going to read boring poo poo about smoke alarm expiration dates; we can't change the content but we can change the boring".

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/leticiamiranda/the-federal-governments-best-twitter-account

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/TakedownMRAs/status/1259770399157411843

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Skwirl posted:

MageMage posts with questionable sincerity for stupid newbies itt

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Another stdh.txt from MageMage.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
You'd think he'd at least try to make it funny or extremely wild. He starts with a good premise. But it's just boring as gently caress to read

Sprue
Feb 21, 2006

please send nudes :shittydog:
:petdog:
I dunno, I kinda liked that story. Also the picture of someone watching old recordings of news in an obsessive way and being extremely paranoid racist, that matches up really well w ppl I've known who suffered from particular kinds of mental illness. One of those stories that doesn't have to be entirely factually true to still be real

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Guilty posted:

You'd think he'd at least try to make it funny or extremely wild. He starts with a good premise. But it's just boring as gently caress to read

She.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
At the very least it is certainly realistic to think of an old person who keeps watching recordings as if they were live. A friend had to watch after an old lady a couple times and the old lady kept going on and on about fox news, how great trump is, how terrible any non-white person is, and also she was obsessed with watching this livestream of some eagles because eagles are very patriotic and the eagles are great.

Except she wasn't watching a live stream. It was a youtube video. A long one, about an hour or so, but still just a youtube video. She'd throw shitfits when the vid ended because she thought youtube had broke down and that she was being prevented from watching the videos of the eagle babies. She was so worried about the eagle babies because the vid (which was several years old) was mentioning a big storm that would be coming and the old lady was so confused because fox news never mentioned a storm but this lady was watching an hour-long vid of eagles basically on loop, never questioning the fact that it was always in daylight, that everything was the same every single time, and that they kept talking about this storm that never showed up.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/DallasMocha/status/1259507874566418438/photo/1

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Lol this idiot thinks anybody's going to be impressed he has the dumbest Glock model

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I've seen that screenshot before, and I still wonder the same thing. Amongst all the idiocy there, for some reason its the "pricey ammo, but worth it in this situation" line that jumps out at me. I'm not a gun guy by any means, but I am super curious as to what, in this situation, he thinks hes getting out of expensive hollow point ammunition that he wouldnt get out of regular priced ammunition. He's talking about threatening a security guard at a whole foods, what possible difference would the pricey ammo make?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Hollowpoints do more damage when they explode inside the body. He’s fantasizing about murdering a security guard because he was asked to wear a mask during a pandemic.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

"Sorry sir, you need to have a mask on to come in the store."
"This is outrageous. This piece of paper I shot with my Glock 21 will convince you otherwise. This was done with expensive bullets I'll have you know."

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

SiKboy posted:

I've seen that screenshot before, and I still wonder the same thing. Amongst all the idiocy there, for some reason its the "pricey ammo, but worth it in this situation" line that jumps out at me. I'm not a gun guy by any means, but I am super curious as to what, in this situation, he thinks hes getting out of expensive hollow point ammunition that he wouldnt get out of regular priced ammunition. He's talking about threatening a security guard at a whole foods, what possible difference would the pricey ammo make?

Hollowpoints are better for defensive use because they are less likely to exit the person you shoot and kill your neighbors. Cheap hollowpoints won't expand properly, so they'll act like FMJ and are more dangerous to neighbors/family members/bystanders in a defensive shooting.

Hornady also isn't especially pricey for defensive ammo, it's pretty middle of the road.

Handiklap
Aug 14, 2004

Mmmm no.

SiKboy posted:

I mean, don't hollow points mushroom and have fun times with your insides instead of going straight through? Considering the context, i'd guess it's a detail that indicates his interest in not just killing you, but making sure it hurts? Armor penetration isn't exactly a consideration with a loving grocery store security guard (though I guess they're all armed now, so a vest doesn't seem that off-brand).

edit: oh yeah, what Internet Wizard said.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Internet Wizard posted:

Lol this idiot thinks anybody's going to be impressed he has the dumbest Glock model

Wrong. He clearly says a G21, not a G37

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Also the reason why the Glock 21 is so stupid is because it's chambered in .45 Auto. .45 Auto is an outdated round that was invented because the racists in the US Army thought that regular sized bullets wouldn't work on the crazed freedom fighters of the Philippines. It was used in the 1911 which was used to kill many a Nazi, so it has that going for it. Old racists love it because it's an old and useless round just like them that requires guns chambered in it to be made bigger and bulkier than necessary just to accommodate them.

In short, it's bigger than it needs to be, doesn't work as well as newer competitors, has explicitly racist origins, and has been obsolete for 60 years.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Internet Wizard posted:

Hollowpoints are better for defensive use because they are less likely to exit the person you shoot and kill your neighbors. Cheap hollowpoints won't expand properly, so they'll act like FMJ and are more dangerous to neighbors/family members/bystanders in a defensive shooting.

Hornady also isn't especially pricey for defensive ammo, it's pretty middle of the road.

I never expected someone to actually embody that Taylor Swift lyric. :allears:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Handiklap posted:

I mean, don't hollow points mushroom and have fun times with your insides instead of going straight through? Considering the context, i'd guess it's a detail that indicates his interest in not just killing you, but making sure it hurts? Armor penetration isn't exactly a consideration with a loving grocery store security guard (though I guess they're all armed now, so a vest doesn't seem that off-brand).

The whole point is they’re less likely to overpenetrate and go through your target and hit someone else, and that the expansion means it does more damage to what you’re shooting. Both are important if you’re shooting to defend yourself, since if the situation is bad enough you’re shooting at someone you want the threat to end as soon as possible. They’re not made to be more painful or whatever. Problem is this guys a nutter who just wants to shoot someone.

Also they don’t have increased armor penetration, that’s weird 90’s media stuff misunderstanding certain rounds.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Internet Wizard posted:

Also the reason why the Glock 21 is so stupid is because it's chambered in .45 Auto. .45 Auto is an outdated round that was invented because the racists in the US Army thought that regular sized bullets wouldn't work on the crazed freedom fighters of the Philippines. It was used in the 1911 which was used to kill many a Nazi, so it has that going for it. Old racists love it because it's an old and useless round just like them that requires guns chambered in it to be made bigger and bulkier than necessary just to accommodate them.

In short, it's bigger than it needs to be, doesn't work as well as newer competitors, has explicitly racist origins, and has been obsolete for 60 years.

I actually found a full copy of the Thompson-LaGarde tests that led to .45 ACP being developed. Turns out it was a total loving scam where they didn't do any science and lied about the data in the conclusions.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

FirstAidKite posted:

and that they kept talking about this storm that never showed up.

A storm is coming...

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lol I remember when the news freaked out for like two years about "cop-killer bullets"

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Data Graham posted:

Lol I remember when the news freaked out for like two years about "cop-killer bullets"

Wasn't that a plot point in Lethal Weapon?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Krowley posted:

Wasn't that a plot point in Lethal Weapon?

Yeah, showing him shooting through a bulldozer blade. It was claimed that a Teflon coating let them pierce armor, which makes as much sense as saying that you can stab through steel by spraying some Pam on the blade.

It's up there with the "porcelain Glock 7 that costs more than you make in a month" from Die Hard 2.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/AndyOstroy/status/1259445154882125825

*filming a video while driving* I care about public health!

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Of course they couldn't just take one tulip, no, they were entitled enough to take what looks like an entire bed.

Taking one tulip would still be entitled and hinge on their poor planning but would at least be much less noticeable damage.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mak0rz posted:

https://twitter.com/AndyOstroy/status/1259445154882125825

*filming a video while driving* I care about public health!

It's a quality rant.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Oh those deep purple fringed tulips are apparently quite expensive for tulips, too. The only good thing is that person posting their theft on nextdoor so civil claims court can come knocking eventually.

EDIT: Oh my gardener friend tells me ALL of those are expensive and rare tulip cultivars. Oh my god.

PetraCore has a new favorite as of 16:42 on May 11, 2020

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

ilmucche posted:

It's a quality rant.

It is a good rant, and I wish she would have pulled over to deliver it, but all I can think of with those sunglasses is Ferro from Aliens.

"We're in the pipe, five by five"

PetraCore posted:

Oh those deep purple fringed tulips are apparently quite expensive for tulips, too. The only good thing is that person posting their theft on nextdoor so civil claims court can come knocking eventually.

EDIT: Oh my gardener friend tells me ALL of those are expensive and rare tulip cultivars. Oh my god.

It looks like they completely ripped the bulbs out of the ground too instead of just cutting them. That really is lovely.

AFewBricksShy has a new favorite as of 16:54 on May 11, 2020

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

a $9 bottle of wine, stolen tulips and all the 'rona you can spew...what a fantastic tribute to mom

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

boar guy posted:

a $9 bottle of wine, stolen tulips and all the 'rona you can spew...what a fantastic tribute to mom
My deep desire is that mom sees that post and is pissed.

Also I just noticed he stole 4 of the purple fringed tulips but only 1 is in the bouquet. Did he throw the rest out? They're so expensive bc apparently deep purple is hard to breed true.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Skwirl posted:

I'm sorry, I didn't check every VHS

Zesty posted:

Another stdh.txt from MageMage.

Yes I like to make poo poo up so I can post on your forum so I can then get harassed by half a dozen people. Yup you got me.

MageMage has a new favorite as of 16:52 on May 11, 2020

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

PetraCore posted:

My favorite part is that this person admits to going around to 6 different stores in the middle of a pandemic.

I also like that the possibility of just not getting flowers didn’t even occur to them.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Nausicaa isn't the idiot

https://twitter.com/nausjcaa/status/1259836104221560833?s=19

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

The grocery store I work in ran out of flowers. At one point there was nothing but tulips, and then those sold too.

For me, this meant when walking back to my department after a break I came around a corner near floral and had a large man step directly into my path and bark, "HEY. FLOWERS."

He was not pleased when the answer was "let's walk six steps back to the tulips you had to have walked past and oh yeah this is it. This is literally all the flowers in the store. Yes, really."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

MageMage posted:

Yes I like to make poo poo up so I can post on your forum so I can then get harassed by half a dozen people. Yup you got me.

:thunk:

:hmmno: