Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In Training posted:

Ok thank you for the advice all. It turns out that I played the Route 2 day 3 times over bc I was hitting the quota and then playing Mario maker until the shift ended. I wasn't triggering the cutscene bc it happened at like 330 in the warehouse. I got punished by the game for being lazy on the job lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Ok thank you for the advice all. It turns out that I played the Route 2 day 3 times over bc I was hitting the quota and then playing Mario maker until the shift ended. I wasn't triggering the cutscene bc it happened at like 330 in the warehouse. I got punished by the game for being lazy on the job lol.

wtf who doesnt maximize the number of crates they deliver. you get a raise!!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

wtf who doesnt maximize the number of crates they deliver. you get a raise!!!!

i would do the quota + 1 for the raise and then just idle. I have a lot of money but i cant spend it on anything except darts because i spend all day working. the ultiamte irony of life.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

gently caress that was five years ago :pwn:

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

In Training posted:

I see you’ve adopted the Goro work ethic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ryo and nozomi on the bike was amazing

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

:ine-say: “Also, do make more of an effort to return home as early as possible”

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
The forklift grand Prix owns

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Taking a different position in the forklift race each day to get all the forklift gacha

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

Taking a different position in the forklift race each day to get all the forklift gacha

Yup lol. For 5th place I raced for first and then parked in front of Mark at the finish line

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Had an extremely eventful first day in Hong Kong.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I really like how 1 had this cozy hometown feel to it where you know everyone and you’re kind of a badass and then 2 makes you feel like a fish out of water in the big city and you start to feel out of your depth.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

man nurse posted:

I really like how 1 had this cozy hometown feel to it where you know everyone and you’re kind of a badass and then 2 makes you feel like a fish out of water in the big city and you start to feel out of your depth.

Yeah everyone you meet is a scumbag trying to rip you off and I have no money and I had to pawn my virtua fighter toys to pay for one nights rent at a hotel. It's such a sick atmosphere so far and a cool tonal change

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

You don’t have to pay for that hotel. Just keep telling the dude you have no money and he always lets you stay there

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lmao. That was posted when I was at the gym, so I missed it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lmfao at crate lifting.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Just got to the guest house too. Spent 10 mins buying lighters before progressing so I could get a trophy. Need to remember all my sick moves for the next fight with punks.

Joy sucks compared to Nozomi

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gotten into the habit of playing 1 day of shenmue 2 every morning, the days feel much longer than 1 bc Hong Kong is huge and dense and theres a lot more story happening every day. Love all the mind clearing taoist QTEs in this one where you have carry books back and forth and punch trees for IRL hours over the course of the game.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Got shenmue loving rules

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I accidentally hit the Pay Out button on the slot machines when I had 79 credits in it so I had I pick up every coin from the lower slot and put it back in the machine to keep playing by hitting square 79 times.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lmfao that owns

Gonna do the day per day thing too. Just wrapped day 1 last session.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
imagine doing one stealth warehouse attempt per day

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

elf help book posted:

imagine doing one stealth warehouse attempt per day

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

All the FOrtune Pier gambling dens are lit like the majora's mask Curiosity Shop.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love running lucky hit tables I want to play a whole game where you manage underground gambling dens

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Let's make this the greatest ten minutes of our lives, Ryo.

Musharraf
Aug 26, 2004

by Reene

In Training posted:

Love all the mind clearing taoist QTEs in this one where you have carry books back and forth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt87ApHfuM4

Best music in the game :hai:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I swear I looked for joy before I left Hong Kong she was pissed at me in kowloon

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lol

Played more of two today looking for Lishao Tao. I really like random strangers telling you they’ll lead you places, works really well. Joys music rocks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

got really bummed when I didn't get to listen to all the surveillance tapes looking for clues even though that would have been insane even by shenmue standards

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

incredible energy from this guy

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lmfao

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the more I play of kowloon the less I like it...this stuff kind of sucks. like the whole reason I came to Kowloon in the first place with Ren is because he's Dou Niu and the Yellow Heads sworn rival, and the two of us have hosed with Dou Niu and his girlfriend like 3 or 4 times so far, but now they don't care and I've been recruited because I won a bunch of street fights???

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Thinking about him again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRnT7VwQiNo

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

In Training posted:

the more I play of kowloon the less I like it...this stuff kind of sucks. like the whole reason I came to Kowloon in the first place with Ren is because he's Dou Niu and the Yellow Heads sworn rival, and the two of us have hosed with Dou Niu and his girlfriend like 3 or 4 times so far, but now they don't care and I've been recruited because I won a bunch of street fights???

you're looking for yhuanda zu

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

man nurse posted:

you're looking for yhuanda zu

the real reason I was frustrated when i posted that is I couldn't believe they wanted me to make another $500 in kowloon, the entire time I was there I had $4 bc i couldnt find a job, I thought you HAD to gamble to make money, I didn't find the job site until literally Dawn of the Final Day when it didnt matter and I already spent an incredibly tense hour or two gambling on big or small to try and make 500.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lmfao spoiling since i know emmyOK is playing shenmue II for the first time too the yellowhead building assault had a lot of incredible moments ramping up to what i assumed would be a showdown with dou niu, loved all the chainsaw battles, kicking out mineshaft support beams in a residential building, the Ultimate "walking across a wooden plank" QTE etc. but the reveal of B5 containing a Amano looking ghost warrior cage battling people to death that you then had to go toe to toe with for 3 rounds was insanely badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Excited for the upcoming posts as you experience the end of Shenmue 2 and start 3. Playing 3 won’t have the same effect as if you had been waiting for it for over a decade, but it’s very much a Shenmue game. It basically feels like no time passed and all that changed was the graphics. It’s pretty amazing in that regard. The fighting system is total rear end though, so I’ll just throw out the recommendation that you set the game to easy mode to mitigate frustration when you get to it.

There will also be money gated story progression points in 3. There’s pretty easy ways to make sure you have enough money though. I’ll throw out my strat if you want it when you get to 3, if you don’t want to waste tons of time again trying to scrounge up cash.