Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I. M. Gei posted:

I keep trying to take some, but getting pics of them is hard! They move around SO MUCH! Most of the photos I take, they’re either out of frame or blurry or both.

It's all about Burst Mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I just fed them and put down a new starter litter box for them.

One of them didn’t seem to want to eat, and it was the one who normally eats the most. He kept turning his head away from the bottle nipple, so I kinda had to force some of the formula into him. He’s still gaining weight though (he gained over 1 oz yesterday :aaa:), still eating otherwise, and he pissed and shitted the last time I wiped him. Are 2-to-3-week-old kittens just not hungry from time to time, or should I be worried? Like did the formula go bad, or could it be a sign of a possible health issue?

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

As long as they're gaining they're good. If he refuses the bottle more than once and his weight plateaus or goes down then it's time to be worried, but he might just have been full (or full of poop and needing to empty out before refilling.)

They don't need a litterbox until they can poop on their own. Others can correct me but I thought litterboxes were more of a 4-6 weeks old thing? Even when they're ready for litter you want to use kitten litter that won't hurt them if they eat some of it (kittens are not the smartest.)

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

mistaya posted:

As long as they're gaining they're good. If he refuses the bottle more than once and his weight plateaus or goes down then it's time to be worried, but he might just have been full (or full of poop and needing to empty out before refilling.)

Yeah he hasn’t refused it since I posted that.

mistaya posted:

They don't need a litterbox until they can poop on their own. Others can correct me but I thought litterboxes were more of a 4-6 weeks old thing? Even when they're ready for litter you want to use kitten litter that won't hurt them if they eat some of it (kittens are not the smartest.)

3 weeks is a good time to at least introduce them to the idea of a litter box. They’re not gonna be ready to actually use it for at least another week or two, but it doesn’t hurt for them to know what litter feels like, or that a litter box is present when the need for it arises.

I got them some non-clumping unscented paper litter that, as far as I can tell from the product page, doesn’t have anything that can hurt them. It looks like the stuff in the Kitten Lady videos, anyway.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Entering week 3 and every time I go into the room to feed the kittens they crawl up into my lap and beg for pets and cuddles. :3:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

I. M. Gei posted:

Entering week 3 and every time I go into the room to feed the kittens they crawl up into my lap and beg for pets and cuddles. :3:

Aww :3:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Clearly it means you live in that room now and can never leave.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Miss(ter?) plain-grey kitten has been shutting her right eye since about the time it opened a week and a half ago. The vet told me that this might happen, and that if it did I should gently massage the eye open again, which is what I’ve been doing, but it’s always shut again whenever I go back in to give her her next feeding. Because of that, I’ve been doing it less and less out of fear that it might be doing harm.

As of two or three days ago, that eye has got some gunk forming around it, so we’re taking her to the vet tomorrow morning to get it looked at. Hopefully while she’s there they can also tell us if she is actually a ‘she’.

Apart from this, both kittens seem to be doing okay still. Still eating, still behaving normally, still gaining weight. They didn’t gain any weight when I weighed them today, but they both gained about one whole ounce when I weighed them yesterday, so unless the trend continues tomorrow I think we’re okay.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Looks like possible uri. Def get em checked out at the vet. Very common issue for kittens!
Edit little tricky to tell but looks like tortoiseshell? They are almost exclusively female

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Yup that one's easy its a girl :kimchi:

Except if they're the 1 in a hundred? thousand? that are male and sterile.

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.

Boogalo posted:

Yup that one's easy its a girl :kimchi:

Except if they're the 1 in a hundred? thousand? that are male and sterile.

One in 3,000, if memory serves. They're very rare.

You're doing a great job, I.M. Gei! I hope her eye clears up quickly. Both kitties are adorable, and I'm so happy they're doing well!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I took a shitload of pics of both of them last night, but they were almost all in Burst Mode and most of them look identical to each other, so now I have to go through like 500+ photos and reeeeeeally nitpick them for blurs and other dumb ticky-tacky detail poo poo to decide which ones to delete before I can post any of them here.

Dixville posted:

Looks like possible uri. Def get em checked out at the vet. Very common issue for kittens!
Edit little tricky to tell but looks like tortoiseshell? They are almost exclusively female

She’s almost entirely dark grey, with a few tiny patches of light brown-ish on parts of her face and legs. I don’t THINK she’s calico or tortie, but I might be wrong. I’m not a cat coloration expert.

I’ve been calling her female and the other kitten male for the past couple of weeks just based on a guess, but I’m hoping the vet can give me a more positive sex on her(?) when I take her in. I also took a short phone video of the other kitten’s rear end in a top hat so the vet could maybe give me his(?) sex too, since he’s not going in. We’ll see what happens.

I’m waiting until I know for sure what sexes they are before I decide on names for them. Once I know that, I’m gonna ask goons for some name ideas, because I have none whatsoever.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Pizza and pocket are common recommendations in the Yospos cat thread.

Spice cats are also good.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

I. M. Gei posted:

I took a shitload of pics of both of them last night, but they were almost all in Burst Mode and most of them look identical to each other, so now I have to go through like 500+ photos and reeeeeeally nitpick them for blurs and other dumb ticky-tacky detail poo poo to decide which ones to delete before I can post any of them here.

She’s almost entirely dark grey, with a few tiny patches of light brown-ish on parts of her face and legs. I don’t THINK she’s calico or tortie, but I might be wrong. I’m not a cat coloration expert.

I’ve been calling her female and the other kitten male for the past couple of weeks just based on a guess, but I’m hoping the vet can give me a more positive sex on her(?) when I take her in. I also took a short phone video of the other kitten’s rear end in a top hat so the vet could maybe give me his(?) sex too, since he’s not going in. We’ll see what happens.

I’m waiting until I know for sure what sexes they are before I decide on names for them. Once I know that, I’m gonna ask goons for some name ideas, because I have none whatsoever.

Oh yeah they can definitely sex them for you

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Back from the vet. It looks like the kitten’s eye has a minor infection of some kind, but they didn’t find anything super seriously wrong with it. They gave me some antibiotic eyedrops to give her twice a day and told me to keep the eye area clean and wipe off any gunk that forms on it. Other than that, she appears to be healthy.

Also, we’re not totally 100% certain yet, but the vet is PRETTY SURE that my hunch about the kittens’ sexes was correct, that the plain dark gray one is a girl and the lighter gray striped one is a boy. So now I can finally start coming up with names for them.

Please help me come up with names for them.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Turnip and Zucchini

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Bonnie and Clyde

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
potato and tacocat

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
Attention and Seeker

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Well you said you found them in some jasmine ivy so maybe Jasmine for the girl and Rajah for the boy? :3:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Scoot and Skid

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Charlie and Sweet Dee.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Meowcifer and Purrcival

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
Oh God and Get Back Here?

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Trouble and Strife

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Bounty and Brawny

Clorox and Lysol

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.
Get Out Of There and What Are You Doing?

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

mistaya posted:

Well you said you found them in some jasmine ivy so maybe Jasmine for the girl and Rajah for the boy? :3:

+1 to this.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

mistaya posted:

I like this! You can call them Jazz and Raj. The youtube channel creates itself!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Laurel and Hardy would be a good one

Underwater Shoe
May 26, 2005

an informative notation for your appreciation
Gyre and Gimble

Just because I never got to use them

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Carb and Keto

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
This is Quincy who I am fostering and he's a very nice boy.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

mcmagic posted:

This is Quincy who I am fostering and he's a very nice boy.

This didn’t work in awful app so I tried in browser and got a login page

:3:

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

mp4 embeds don't work in timg tags unfortunately

https://i.imgur.com/Y9v6C5D.mp4

:kimchi: :kimchi: :kimchi: :kimchi:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Boogalo posted:

I learned something today, thanks!

Also I think I might be leaning toward Kenan and Kelly for their names. I’m trying to decide if I should post a kitten naming thread in GBS.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I. M. Gei posted:

I learned something today, thanks!

Also I think I might be leaning toward Kenan and Kelly for their names. I’m trying to decide if I should post a kitten naming thread in GBS.

Ah, an 80s-90s kid. I approve of these names as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Boogalo posted:

aaaaa baby :byodame:

Kenan and Kelly are very good names.