Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

There’s no pleasing you boys I thought for sure the wheelying 1500hp fighter Pajero would bring everyone together haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Bape Culture posted:

There’s no pleasing you boys I thought for sure the wheelying 1500hp fighter Pajero would bring everyone together haha

No it's not that, it's just you're offering a line of blow when everyone else is just excited there's an open bar.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Honestly, I'm enjoying everything in that post. It is amazing.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Darchangel posted:

Look at this thing Mustie1 found:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VKjf08hunc

I'm a little torn. Could go in the other thread.

I mean, sure it's utterly trashed. But no lie that's a total dream car for me. If I had a 914 wagon fffffffffffffffffffffff......

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

That's clearly micro usb.

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder

boxen posted:

A new, very special, safety-oriented Binky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mCmv0jrya4

Edit: Man, it is extremely satisfying to watch completely clean engines and transmisssions being worked on.

Do not click this link. It may lead to 16 hours of your time vanishing and your credit card bill skyrocketing.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

fins posted:

Do not click this link. It may lead to 16 hours of your time vanishing and your credit card bill skyrocketing.

Nah. The trick is to get in early, when there were only a few videos. Still 16 hours gone, but over the span of several years, yeah?
Can’t help you with the wallet, though. That’s a normal side effect.

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

Holy crap.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283869798551?fbclid=IwAR1IjKPkERkHbq9pM2S5U8_kubmBRG-z0N1KGrSru7vE3aSbKZhJjwT_-4s

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

This is amazing. Someone buy this.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Bape Culture posted:

i appreciate it but tbh as a simpleton im happy with :supaburn:

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
I assume you’d start with an Aston that needed a new engine anyway, right?

Edit: whoops, I’m miles behind.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Using Ford Transits as trains:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zeBIxI7n1I

Every so often someone makes me think of this video, and I love reposting it in this thread. Wait until he has to turn it around.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Copypasta from the Chat thread cos I couldn't find this thread in the first place:

I was out shopping today and came across these two :3: cars

The green one is a Suzuki Cappuccino with a TVR badge on it, and the yellow is a Suzuki Mightyboy

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Using Ford Transits as trains:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zeBIxI7n1I

Every so often someone makes me think of this video, and I love reposting it in this thread. Wait until he has to turn it around.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh nonononono

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zeBIxI7n1I&t=151s

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

You Am I posted:

Copypasta from the Chat thread cos I couldn't find this thread in the first place:

I was out shopping today and came across these two :3: cars

The green one is a Suzuki Cappuccino with a TVR badge on it, and the yellow is a Suzuki Mightyboy

The TVR badge is :kiss:

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

MrOnBicycle posted:

This is amazing. Someone buy this.

this is tempting. I’m only 150km away. someone stop me

e: seriously though, there’s no way this sells for less than Ł10k, right?

snugglz fucked around with this message at 16:20 on May 9, 2020

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

snugglz posted:

this is tempting. I’m only 150km away. someone stop me

e: seriously though, there’s no way this sells for less than Ł10k, right?

If this was anywhere near me and was registratable I'd bid on it. Being in Sweden, this is too far away in lockdown times, but drat, that's cool.

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

MrOnBicycle posted:

If this was anywhere near me and was registratable I'd bid on it. Being in Sweden, this is too far away in lockdown times, but drat, that's cool.

well I have no work and nothing to do so was looking into importing weird poo poo to the US anyway (I’m American, my fiancé is British). was gonna go look at a LHD 2CV Dyane 6 in Edinburgh soon but this is like 100x cooler and three times closer

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Actually cooler than the EV concept and years before it too.

https://twitter.com/Honda_History/status/1259444889890123777?s=19

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

MrOnBicycle posted:

I called him, it’s sold :( I almost certainly shouldn’t have bought it but gently caress, how many Panhards do you see clopping about?

e: for anyone who cares the buyer paid Ł7500

snugglz fucked around with this message at 15:01 on May 11, 2020

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
It seems great untill you've seen someone drive a 'track spec saxo' on track.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Ahh, Romania, a beautiful land untouched by OSHA

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Seems like you could solve this with two of them back-to-back :v:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

ewiley posted:

I love the extremely tiny cow-catcher.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Safety Dance posted:

Goat-catcher.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Safety Dance posted:

Cat Catcher

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

ewiley posted:

Don't they drink the alcohol per capita than any other country by like, a lot?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

T1g4h posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBePeBMklko

Holy poo poo. Looks like once Binky is finished we have some fun stuff to look forward to :allears:
quoting this post because this is over a year ago and the car only *just* got a turbo in the past month

Binky will never be finished

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I'm pretty sure it's out for paint and bodywork. I'd say that's rapidly approaching finished.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
binky progress seems to be going a lot faster in the past 12 or so months than the 3 years prior

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
It's all down to that rogue cup of coffee that got into their workshop

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

BraveUlysses posted:

binky progress seems to be going a lot faster in the past 12 or so months than the 3 years prior

They’re past most of the custom one-off fabrication, and into detail and assembly. Simultaneously, they’ve probably finally gotten into a groove with video production.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Memento posted:

Don't they drink the alcohol per capita than any other country by like, a lot?

Well, it is Central Europe. My uncle is a good example: he's like Julian walking around all day carrying a double-tall slivowitz, always with fresh ice. Come to think of it, my Czech relatives all drink like that. So do the rest of us, now that I really think about it.

I like the little van train. There is a similar setup in China. Bunch of teeny old vans hauling trailers delivering bread on narrow gauge rail, an honest-to-God communist bread line.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

BraveUlysses posted:

From someone who hasn't watched one of their videos in about two years, it certainly looks that way.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

MrYenko posted:

They’re past most of the custom one-off fabrication, and into detail and assembly. Simultaneously, they’ve probably finally gotten into a groove with video production.

Yeah, I think you hit it here. Think about every crazy loving solution they've come up with, like the HVAC or the door locks or the absolute madness of the accessory drive. Each of those would have required a shitload of planning and design before they even drew the first sharpie line of CAD. They're also, in general, showing us the version that worked. While they've gone back and revised things again, I'm sure there have been times where they started down a path and realized it had to be abandoned and started over.

Now most of that insanity is done, so it's just finalizing fabrication, repairing all the worn rear end Celica parts, and putting it all together.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

IOwnCalculus posted:

Yeah, I think you hit it here. Think about every crazy loving solution they've come up with, like the HVAC or the door locks or the absolute madness of the accessory drive. Each of those would have required a shitload of planning and design before they even drew the first sharpie line of CAD. They're also, in general, showing us the version that worked. While they've gone back and revised things again, I'm sure there have been times where they started down a path and realized it had to be abandoned and started over.

Now most of that insanity is done, so it's just finalizing fabrication, repairing all the worn rear end Celica parts, and putting it all together.

There have also been a few times when a piece goes on thanks to a bracket or captive nut they welded into the exact right spot six years ago. They've obviously put a whole lot of time into the minutia of the design before they even started that they're not telling us about.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

I believe Patreon money allowed them to start focusing on Binky a year ago or so. Up until then it was just a side project they worked on whenever there was free time and available funds.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I prefer to think of Binky as a sort of Zeno’s project, forever approaching completion but never arriving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
It's funny to go watch the first few episodes of Binky, when they're talking about time estimates. I think they said their estimate was two years, but they might not have been serious.